Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Assuming we get a spoiler set or two that includes Electro, I hope he gets a translucent yellow "mask" piece that can be recolored in solid yellow for a classic comic Electro.

I'd hope for two sets:

Final Battle ($100?)

• Top segment of Statue Of Liberty featuring scaffolding and Shield, Brick-built Sandman is the main build though, Green Goblin can attach to the building with a clear piece for display with Glider
  • 7 Figures + 1 Brick Built Figure
  • Watts Spider-man, Raimi Spider-man, Webb Spider-man, Ned, Electro, Lizard, Goblin (No Mask, Purple Scarf), Sandman (Brick Built)

Bridge Battle ($20)

• Car build and Green Goblin Glider, 4+ set perhaps
  • 3 Figures
  • Doc Ock, Goblin (Masked, Green), Iron Spider Suit
8 hours ago, bricksandabear said:

-snip-

You missed 76214, but the list is appreciated

10781: Spider-man Techno Truck $9.99
10782: Hulk & Rhino's Truck Duel $19.99
10783: Spider-man at Doc Ock's Labratory $29.99
10784: Spider-man Webquarters $49.99
76202: Wolverine Mech $9.99
76203: Iron Man Mech $9.99
76204: Black Panther Mech $9.99
76205: Dr. Strange itMoM $29.99
76206: 'Buildable Iron Man Mk43' $39.99
76207: Thor: Love and Thunder $19.99
76208: Thor: Love and Thunder $49.99
76209: ??? $100.00
76210: Hulkbuster $200.00
76211: Black Panther: Wakanda Forever $49.99 
76212: Black Panther: Wakanda Forever $9.99
76213: Black Panther: Wakanda Forever $29.99
76214: Black Panther: Wakanda Forever $79.99
76219: ??? $19.99

Interestingly enough this leaves us with a $100 set and a $19.99 set... :3

Edited by Scarilian

26 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I'd hope for two sets:

Final Battle ($100?)

• Top segment of Statue Of Liberty featuring scaffolding and Shield, Brick-built Sandman is the main build though, Green Goblin can attach to the building with a clear piece for display with Glider
  • Watts Spider-man, Raimi Spider-man, Webb Spider-man, Ned, Electro, Lizard, Goblin (No Mask, Purple Scarf), Sandman (Brick Built)

Bridge Battle ($20)

• 3 Figures

You missed 76214, but the list is appreciated

10781: Spider-man Techno Truck $9.99
10782: Hulk & Rhino's Truck Duel $19.99
10783: Spider-man at Doc Ock's Labratory $29.99
10784: Spider-man Webquarters $49.99
76202: Wolverine Mech $9.99
76203: Iron Man Mech $9.99
76204: Black Panther Mech $9.99
76205: Dr. Strange itMoM $29.99
76206: 'Buildable Iron Man Mk43' $39.99
76207: Thor: Love and Thunder $19.99
76208: Thor: Love and Thunder $49.99
76209: ??? $100.00
76210: Hulkbuster $200.00
76211: Black Panther: Wakanda Forever $49.99 
76212: Black Panther: Wakanda Forever $9.99
76213: Black Panther: Wakanda Forever $29.99
76214: Black Panther: Wakanda Forever $79.99
76219: ??? $19.99

Interestingly enough this leaves us with a $100 set and a $19.99 set... :3

This will be a massive L if lego squanders spoiler sets for this movie next year 

45 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Assuming we get a spoiler set or two that includes Electro, I hope he gets a translucent yellow "mask" piece that can be recolored in solid yellow for a classic comic Electro.

When I saw that he had the "mask" in the trailer, it just made me even more excited and confident about finally getting a classic comic Electro since Lego HAS to make that as an actual piece now instead of avoiding it for years and substituting the Ultimate Electro design as compensation.

51 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I'd hope for two sets:

Final Battle ($100?)

Bridge Battle ($20)

• 3 Figures

This list is exactly what I was thinking, I guess great minds think alike, right? Except, in regards to the $20 dollar set, we know the piece count of 76219, and it's around 300 pieces, so it definitely isn't 4+. Also, I know Lego likes mechs and big monsters, but I don't think they would focus a $100 dollar set on sandman. I would fully expect the Statue of Liberty to be the majority of the build there. I would also hope for a repeat of MJ or Doctor Strange, but I'm not sure how many figs Lego would include for the price. I'm still not convinced 76219 isn't another mech 2-pack, since both the release date of April and the piece count would match up, but in this case, I hope I'm proven wrong.

About the statue, what color do you think Lego would make it? From what I see in the trailer (I might be wrong, it's a pretty dark scene) it looks like they've polished the statue in universe back to the original bronze color, and I'm not sure how Lego could replicate that without making so many recolors into the metallic bronze color they have. Maybe using dark orange?

1 hour ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Yes, that would be great! I love to expand my classic comic spidey villain collection. The electricity mask makes for such a great detail, I hope Lego does it justice and not just a face print like Thor's from Ragnarok.

Yeah feeling pretty confident the $100 mystery set will be for NWH. Personally love this upcoming roster because there’s no comic content I want so I can do a lot of catching up on my dark age missed items. Hopefully none of the junior Spidey sets end up having useful figs. 

I know this is from a forgotten era of Marvel comics, and Carol seems to be attached to the Captain Marvel title, I’d love to see a Mrs. Marvel Carol Danvers figure someday. Not sure what they’d squeeze her into, she’d need no new moulds so I can see her being an easy polybag pick. But they’ve never done girls for a polybag so idk.

I predict that if the mystery $100 set is NWH based, it'll be a facade of the statue of liberty, with a brick built Sandman that is the size of Groot or Molten Man, it would come with the 3 Spider-Men, Goblin, Electro, and MJ as minifigs (Maybe Dr.Strange too).

I'd love for lego to incorporate the giant shield the statue has in the trailer.

This is basically just a variation of what others have said but it is what I personally want lol

You know what, ignore this, I’ll write a more coherent paragraph tomorrow. 

Edited by Brickroll

We need 2 version of Goblin, the classic 2002 one and the new costume from that final battle

It was a good trailer, still not as hyped as I would like to be but it put some of my concerns at ease. As for the potential spoiler sets I just can't see LEGO putting Maguire, Garfield and most of the villains in a single set. I think something like this is probably more likely: 

$40-50
Build: Sandman
Figures: Holland (B&G reuse), Maguire, Electro, Jameson

$100-120
Build: Statue of Liberty (reusing the Cap mech shield mold) + Goblin's glider
Figures: Holland (Integrated reuse), Garfield, Ock, Gobbie, Strange, MJ, Ned

Small list of assumptions I wanted to take in mind, mostly from a business pov:
- They already made 3 new figures for Tom so I think reusing B&G and Integrated is more likely than making a new updated Iron Spider.
- It's not smart to put most of the villains in a single set.
- It's not smart to put Maguire and Garfield in the same set.
- It's not smart to put Maguire, Ock and Goblin in the same set.
- I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Lizard just gets skipped. 

Oh wow, now the Cap Statue of Liberty is my dream set :wub:

I can't imagine us not getting more sets for this. Provided that 20€ and 100€ mystery sets are for NWH (which they very well might not be), here's how I think it'd go:

76219 (20€) - includes Tom's Spider-Man (Iron Spider), Doc Ock and Green Goblin (Raimi suit) with bridge-related builds, like road signs, a car, traffic lights etc.

76209 (100€) - includes Tom's Spider-Man (Integrated suit), Andrew's Spider-Man, Tobey's Spider-Man, MJ, Green Goblin (MCU suit), Electro and Lizard with buildable Sandman and a buildable upper-part of the Cap Statue of Liberty with scaffolding.

Don‘t get greedy guys, I don‘t think we can expect two versions of Gobby here :tongue: We should consider ourselves lucky if we‘re getting just one anytime soon :grin:

4 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

When I saw that he had the "mask" in the trailer, it just made me even more excited and confident about finally getting a classic comic Electro since Lego HAS to make that as an actual piece now instead of avoiding it for years and substituting the Ultimate Electro design as compensation.

... or they just end up printing it on his face. Speaking of Electro, I'd be surprised if they didn't give him these legs.

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Lizard just gets skipped. 

I think you're probably right, he's definitely the character it's easiest for them to drop since at the very least he requires three new prints and his role is apparently quite minor anyway

My main concern is that Sony wasn’t upfront to licensees about the inclusion of the Spider-Men in NWH, so any ‘spoiler merchandise’ will just include the Fiendish Five and not Tobey and Andrew. Hope I’m wrong though.

Agree with you all that the new $100 mystery set should be a Statue of Liberty. I can imagine such a set rivalling 2016’s Bridge Duel, which to this day is the quintessential non-D2C Lego Spider-Man set in my opinion. 

The trailer was quite good! It’s funny how blatantly some scenes have had Tobey and Andrew edited out, but I’m all for seeing them for the first time on the big screen. 

Edited by T21Typhoon

6 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I was thinking this, and it's all I care about. Regardless of what the sets are, I hope we get a proper Electro and not just a Jamie Foxx with that harness on, sans electricity. 

Well.. maybe not all I care about. Updated Molina and Dafoe would be great too, but Foxx is my priority. 

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Don‘t get greedy guys, I don‘t think we can expect two versions of Gobby here :tongue: We should consider ourselves lucky if we‘re getting just one anytime soon :grin:

I mean those are just wishlist thoughts after the trailer, we don't even know if we're getting the sets at all :tongue:

But seeing as Dafoe is not only the main villain, but the only villain that gets two minifig-worthy costumes, I wouldn't be surprised if they included him in both sets (if there are two of them).

1 hour ago, ood0 said:

I think you're probably right, he's definitely the character it's easiest for them to drop since at the very least he requires three new prints and his role is apparently quite minor anyway

So is Sandman's. 

I feel like LEGO would use this chance to finally give us Lizard. There are five villains in the movie, and it would be weird to give us just four of them.

1 hour ago, T21Typhoon said:

My main concern is that Sony wasn’t upfront to licensees about the inclusion of the Spider-Men in NWH, so any ‘spoiler merchandise’ will just include the Fiendish Five and not Tobey and Andrew. Hope I’m wrong though.

Agree with you all that the new $100 mystery set should be a Statue of Liberty. I can imagine such a set rivalling 2016’s Bridge Duel, which to this day is the quintessential non-D2C Lego Spider-Man set in my opinion. 

The trailer was quite good! It’s funny how blatantly some scenes have had Tobey and Andrew edited out, but I’m all for seeing them for the first time on the big screen. 

Bruh, they'll definitely want to get the biggest profit off the returning characters. Why would you think they couldn't use Tobey or Andrew?

33 minutes ago, Tobbit_is_here said:

Hopefully the ~£20 set will provide a cheap way to at least get the Maguire and Garfield Spider-Men, otherwise they'll be locked in a set most wouldn't be able to afford.

In regards to Wolverine's plain legs, I did make a quick mock up of a simple version and a more detailed version.

Do you think they'd give us a 20€ set with possibly the most desired Marvel minifigures of all time? And not just one of them, but two? Fat chance.

Yeah, while it would be nice that the duo are in a cheap set together, putting them in an expensive set would make the most sense from a business standpoint.

How would you rank how excited are you to get each one of those villains in LEGO? For me it would be:

1. Lizard

2. Electro

3. Green Goblin

4. Doc Ock

5. Sandman

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

So is Sandman's. 

I feel like LEGO would use this chance to finally give us Lizard. There are five villains in the movie, and it would be weird to give us just four of them.

Sandman would require nothing but a bunch of beige bricks or just the exact same figure they use for him in comic sets. He's an easy inclusion. They would have to do a new leg print, torso print and head print at a minimum to do Lizard. 

21 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

How would you rank how excited are you to get each one of those villains in LEGO? For me it would be:

1. Lizard

2. Electro

3. Green Goblin

4. Doc Ock

5. Sandman

1. Ock (like getting sunglasses prints)

2. Green Goblin

3. Electro

4. Lizard

5. Sandman

28 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

1. Ock 
2. Goblin 
3. Electro
4. Sandman
5. Lizard (mostly because it just wouldn't surprise me if he gets skipped)

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

1. Doc Ock - one of my favorite comic book villain portrayals, would love to see a new arm design
2. Goblin - if we get the masked version, otherwise #3
3. Lizard - for rounding out the rogues' gallery
4. Electro - more interested in how they're going to portray the electricity effect than the actual design
5. Sandman - depends entirely on what they do with him; giant sand face and hand? Hype. Tan legs, regular head, mid-transformation torso holding a giant brick-built tan hammer? Less hype.

I think that the cheap set will be Tom vs Doc Ock, as it looks like Doc may not participate in the final battle. Also will be the scene that has been marketed the most (the bridge battle) and the villain that has been marketed the most... likely because he isn’t exactly a villain here.

Question is, will we be getting a new Iron Spider figure then?

23 minutes ago, doclord said:

I think that the cheap set will be Tom vs Doc Ock, as it looks like Doc may not participate in the final battle. Also will be the scene that has been marketed the most (the bridge battle) and the villain that has been marketed the most... likely because he isn’t exactly a villain here.

Question is, will we be getting a new Iron Spider figure then?

There is no 'cheap set' - that's just speculation based on a rumour that we're getting 2 NWH sets.

They aren't even confirmed in the 1st place. I know this thread is getting people hyped up, but don't treat that as a confirmation of any sorts.

If we get the sets, I hope we do get another Iron Spider. The 2018 is a crime against humanity - not only didn't he get dual-moulding, but nor did he get blue eyes.

3 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

1. Ock 
2. Goblin 
3. Electro
4. Sandman
5. Lizard (mostly because it just wouldn't surprise me if he gets skipped)

Yeah, but provided that we get all those villains; we don't even know if we'll get one villain, let alone all five of them.