Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Just Mechs and buildable Iron Man for Winer 2022 wave? That’s a weak wave…

but I would grab a few minifigures tho!

I don't know if it's because it's meant to be a figure for younger kids, but that Wolverine fig feels very plain to me, particularly around the legs. A bit of detailing on the legs would have made it look so much better. Regardless, I am excited that we'll be getting our first X-men set in a looong time.

4 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

OR MANDARINS FLAMING BUGGY OF DOOM!!

I would literally pay good money for a remake of that set...

2 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

What irks me is the fact that Lego really cheapened out with the legs. I can understand not doing any short sleeve printing or dual molded boots, or even leg printing, but they REALLY couldn't give this version a blue hip piece to represent the "trunks" that were on this suit? It's like whoever designed this figure forgot that this wasn't the Astonishing suit where the trunks were gone, now it just looks severely incomplete without them. And what's worse is that there is no existing set of legs in this Bright Light Orange color that have a blue hip piece, the only hip piece colors that come with these legs are in Black, Dark Brown, or Bright Light Orange itself. I guess you could make them yourself by pulling the legs apart and switching the hip piece, but I've heard that damages the legs and makes them really loose once they're put back together. Right now, the best substitute I'm going to have to use is the Bright Light Orange legs with the black hip piece and hope a version with the blue hip piece happens eventually. At least the Chinese New Year set has the shoulder pad piece in blue, so that's getting Bricklink'd for sure.

Switching the hip piece isn’t as difficult as it seems or cause any damage if you’re careful. I’m definitely planning on switching out the hip piece when I get the Wolvie mech.

3 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Although I'm slightly put off by Lego reusing Queer eye face here instead of CMF T'Chala face.

I think it's great - makes the Queer Eye face much more accessible! Plus people tend to complain in the other direction when CMF prints are reused, making the CMF less "special".

That Wolverine really looks unfinished with the legs like that, but it's great to see an X-Men set again, great for people to get Wolverine including his mask, and the colour blocking and styling of the mech make it one of the best yet IMO. I'm satisfied having the other two Wolverines, but it's still great to have this on the market.

So the January wave sucks so far :look: At least it gives time to save up for any potential NWH Wave 2 sets and the Hulkbuster D2C depending on the quality of that, hopefully the $100 mystery set is NWH also. All the Black Panther stuff is definitely getting delayed, movie might not even release in 2022 it seems. I hope we get some some awesome legacy sets.

17 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

So the January wave sucks so far :look: At least it gives time to save up for any potential NWH Wave 2 sets and the Hulkbuster D2C depending on the quality of that, hopefully the $100 mystery set is NWH also. All the Black Panther stuff is definitely getting delayed, movie might not even release in 2022 it seems. I hope we get some some awesome legacy sets.

I will personally not care for any Spider-Man sets in 2022 unless some are based on the spoiler aspects of NWH lol

That brick built Iron Man Figure is truly weird.  Give me a $40 X-Men sentinel that good and I would buy at least a dozen. (I am being totally serious I would drop $480 on a dozen sentinels that good in a heartbeat.)  A brick build Iron Man though?  Why?  :wacko:   Did he get zapped by Ant Man's enlarging field or something, what is the point?

10 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

ANOTHER Black Panther: Wakanda Forever set confirmed by Mr Fan1414

76214 - $79.99

Just a reminder of the other sets;

76211 -  $49.99

76212 - $9.99

76213 - $29.99

Have any Doctor Strange 2 sets been discovered yet? That film and Thor 4 are both much closer to coming out.

That iron man buildable figure definitely interests me - I’m curious to see what else this spawns. More buildable figures in a similar scale? More Iron Man suits?Also wasn’t that rumored UCS Hulkbuster supposed to be massive, maybe this will integrate with it? I can’t say I love how it looks, but will be interested to see what the intentions are with this one. I agree with others that I would LOVE to see a Sentinel based on this platform, I would absolutely ride that wave. 

(also, is that a 4th gen ball socket piece that I spy? Is that new?)

Is there a comprehensive list of the unreleased Marvel sets with the numbers and prices somewhere? The last I saw it, it was mostly unknowns.

The Black Panther sets are looking more like "must haves" compared to the rest of what's releasing soon...

People are forgetting that there are still four Spider-Man 4+ sets, a Doctor Strange in The Multiverse of Madness set, and a The Infinity Saga accessory set coming this January.

So we have two unknown Superheroes sets right now, and the initial rumour was that there’d be two additional ones based on NWH… Cautiously optimistic here :sweet:

6 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

So we have two unknown Superheroes sets right now, and the initial rumour was that there’d be two additional ones based on NWH… Cautiously optimistic here :sweet:

Let's pray that those are for NWH.

A 100€ NWH set would be like a dream come true. They'd probably do the Cap Statue of Liberty, or maybe another bridge set (like the Web Warriors one).

Bit late to the party but yeah... Three mechs and a buildable figure? Not the most exciting start to the year. 

I have to say though, that Black Panther figure may be my personal favourite of all the ones they've put out. 

I don't love the other figures, but I am tempted to try and get their helmets/masks. I managed to get a decent deal on the older Wolverine fig not too long ago, so the mask would go well with that. 

And the Iron Man helmet could be a good upgrade for the SE Iron Man fig, I think! 

Not seen it mentioned here but saw on Reddit that although we have no branded or direct tie ins to the 10th Anniversary of the Marvel theme (yet), the buildable Iron Man is a loose connection to the Iron Man Constraction from 2012 and getting an Wolverine figure is a loose connection to 6866 from 2012. I'd imagine we'll get some official tie in eventually next year but maybe we can expect other indirect tie ins (perhaps a variant of a 2012 SDCC figure).

1 hour ago, upliftingbricks said:

Not seen it mentioned here but saw on Reddit that although we have no branded or direct tie ins to the 10th Anniversary of the Marvel theme (yet), the buildable Iron Man is a loose connection to the Iron Man Constraction from 2012 and getting an Wolverine figure is a loose connection to 6866 from 2012. I'd imagine we'll get some official tie in eventually next year but maybe we can expect other indirect tie ins (perhaps a variant of a 2012 SDCC figure).

I personally think it's a bit of a stretch to say these sets are indirect tie-ins to the 10th anniversary of the theme. The buildable Iron Man is probably just LEGO throwing some new concepts at the wall to see what sticks, which they've been doing a lot recently, and the Wolverine mech a way to test the waters for more potential X-Men sets ahead of their MCU debut.

I went back to look at set numbers after the mechs info was released... will Lego fill in the first half of the year with other sets? I have a hard time believing that only half of these sets will be released until Summer/Fall of 2022, with Thor pushed out to July and BP pushed out to November. Seems Marvel moving their dates may impact Toy companies pretty significantly

10781: Spider-man Techno Truck $9.99
10782: Hulk & Rhino's Truck Duel $19.99
10783: Spider-man at Doc Ock's Labratory $29.99
10784: Spider-man Webquarters $49.99
76202: Wolverine Mech $9.99
76203: Iron Man Mech $9.99
76204: Black Panther Mech $9.99
76205: Dr. Strange itMoM $29.99
76206: 'Buildable Iron Man Mk43' $39.99
76207: Thor: Love and Thunder $19.99
76208: Thor: Love and Thunder $49.99
76209: ??? $100.00
76210: Hulkbuster $200.00
76211: Black Panther: Wakanda Forever $49.99 
76212: Black Panther: Wakanda Forever $9.99
76213: Black Panther: Wakanda Forever $29.99
76219: ??? $19.99

On 11/15/2021 at 9:07 PM, TheBatstan said:

Well, this was a great surprise to wake up to. Though the original information about the minifigures that came with the mechs seemed to be misinformed. Out of the 3 of them, only one is an actual classic comic version while the other two are clearly MCU/MCU inspired figures, so they're easily a hard pass from me. I was really hoping we'd finally get a classic comic Iron Man and Black Panther, but on the bright side, it saves me some money.

Now for that Wolverine figure, whoever first reported that it would be an updated version of the 2012 figure appeared to have gotten their info mixed up since this is Wolverine's classic yellow suit from the 70s instead of the modern Astonishing suit from the 2000s. A part of me wishes it was an updated Astonishing figure, but this is the more iconic design. I'm just glad they brought back the cowl piece from the 2014 set and didn't resort to using something like the First Appearance Batman cowl as it doesn't really fit as well as this piece. Shame there seems to be no hairpiece included, but it's a lot cheaper to buy as opposed to if it was the other way around where the set included the hair but no cowl.

What irks me is the fact that Lego really cheapened out with the legs. I can understand not doing any short sleeve printing or dual molded boots, or even leg printing, but they REALLY couldn't give this version a blue hip piece to represent the "trunks" that were on this suit? It's like whoever designed this figure forgot that this wasn't the Astonishing suit where the trunks were gone, now it just looks severely incomplete without them. And what's worse is that there is no existing set of legs in this Bright Light Orange color that have a blue hip piece, the only hip piece colors that come with these legs are in Black, Dark Brown, or Bright Light Orange itself. I guess you could make them yourself by pulling the legs apart and switching the hip piece, but I've heard that damages the legs and makes them really loose once they're put back together. Right now, the best substitute I'm going to have to use is the Bright Light Orange legs with the black hip piece and hope a version with the blue hip piece happens eventually. At least the Chinese New Year set has the shoulder pad piece in blue, so that's getting Bricklink'd for sure.

Regardless, it feels so great to finally see an X-Men set after so many years (even if it's Wolverine again). This one is guaranteed to sell out for sure. And however ugly that giant Iron Man buildable figure is, it gives a perfect template to rework it into a Sentinel.

Actually, while it looks very similar to the yellow suit from 1975, it appears to actually be based upon the suit from 1992 - notice how the new Minifigure has the "X" belt buckle, which the 1975 suit doesn't have, whereas the 1992 suit does.

Edited by Tobbit_is_here
Adding link

10 minutes ago, Tobbit_is_here said:

Actually, while it looks very similar to the yellow suit from 1975, it appears to actually be based upon the suit from 1992 - notice how the new Minifigure has the "X" belt buckle, which the 1975 suit doesn't have, whereas the 1992 suit does.

Huh, I always thought the belt buckle was an inconsistency due to whoever was doing the artwork at the time. I didn't know it was actually classified as its own suit, the more you know. 

Okay after that second NWH trailer we better get more NWH sets in 2022. That $100 set could easily be the final fight on the statue of liberty as shown in this new trailer 

This has to be some of the worst CGI I've ever seen on a major blockbuster.

At least the Lego minifigures will look as real as the characters lmao

12 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

Okay after that second NWH trailer we better get more NWH sets in 2022. That $100 set could easily be the final fight on the statue of liberty as shown in this new trailer 

Final fight with huge Sandman would be incredible