Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Please tell me that somebody has not mistaken the hulkbuster from infinity war with that buildable ironman. It looks terrible.

11 minutes ago, hvader said:

If the NWH trailer tomorrow reveals a lot, I can see Lego potentially revealing a set or two

Highly doubt that, don't think LEGOs ever revealed sets with the release of a trailer

6 minutes ago, Jaromir said:

Please tell me that somebody has not mistaken the hulkbuster from infinity war with that buildable ironman. It looks terrible.

I'd much rather they had so we could get something new as a D2C, but no they are apparently 2 different sets

Considering a lot of minifigures from mech sets don't stay exclusive, it makes me wonder if that Black Panther minifigure will turn up in a Captain America: Civil War Infinity Saga set.  A remake of the airport set would be great to get.

5 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

So is this Iron Man the reported other Infinity Saga set we’re supposed to be getting?

Yes. Although we are also getting an accessory pack, so that should at least give us some decent figures. 

38 minutes ago, ood0 said:

I'm not sure what that has to do with anything?

You said you would've preferred a powered down version of the BP/IW/EG suit, which we got twice in 2018. I'm simply saying I prefer getting this remake of the Civil War figure.

4 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Considering a lot of minifigures from mech sets don't stay exclusive, it makes me wonder if that Black Panther minifigure will turn up in a Captain America: Civil War Infinity Saga set.  A remake of the airport set would be great to get.

That would be amazing. I would love a Mark 46 remake that doesn't just reuse the Mark 43 parts

8 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Highly doubt that, don't think LEGOs ever revealed sets with the release of a trailer

The Grindelwald's Escape set was revealed alongside the first Crimes of Grindelwald trailer back in 2018.

8 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

That would be amazing. And following the same logic we could also be getting a remake of the Malibu Mansion set with a reuse of the new Mark 42 figure.

47 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

That would be amazing. And following the same logic we could also be getting a remake of the Malibu Mansion set with a reuse of the new Mark 42 figure.

OR MANDARINS FLAMING BUGGY OF DOOM!!

Underwhelmed by yet another buildable Iron Man from AoU to be honest. Lego seems to love Age of Ultron more than MCU fans do! Lol

1 hour ago, Jaromir said:

No, those are 2 completely different sets.

25 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

OR MANDARINS FLAMING BUGGY OF DOOM!!

That would've unironically been a more interesting D2C than that new Hulkbuster :tongue:

1 hour ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Yes. Although we are also getting an accessory pack, so that should at least give us some decent figures. 

Ah fantastic, thank you! Glad we’re still getting the accessory pack. Can’t wait to see what it’ll be based on.

14 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

That would've unironically been a more interesting D2C than that new Hulkbuster :tongue:

Hard disagree. I’m pumped for the new Hulkbuster!

Personally don't mind the newer helmet but considering there are quite a few people who prefer the old one, here's a quick (and kinda sloppy :tongue:) edit to give a general idea of what the old helmet would look like on the new Mark 43 figure:

Screenshot_43.jpg

40 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Personally don't mind the newer helmet but considering there are quite a few people who prefer the old one, here's a quick (and kinda sloppy :tongue:) edit to give a general idea of what the old helmet would look like on the new Mark 43 figure:

Wow, I’m actually not minding the figure as much after seeing the old helmet. Thanks for the share!

New Wolverine is crying out for the new shoulder pad 41637 in bright blue, but I'm loving that it's based on his original 70s' costume, not a repeat of the Astonishing one as was originally reported!

So, just to be clear, the new Iron Man is supposed to be Mark 42, right? That actually makes me more excited for this figure; I recently got a preowned copy of the Extremis Showdown and found that the Mark 42 figure that it was supposed to come with had been substituted for an off-brand knockoff, so my Hall of Armour’s sorely missing that suit. A brand new Mark 42 is good news for me! Fingers crossed it appears in other sets later so I don’t have to buy that Mech. 

29 minutes ago, Felkin said:

New Wolverine is crying out for the new shoulder pad 41637 in bright blue, but I'm loving that it's based on his original 70s' costume, not a repeat of the Astonishing one as was originally reported!

Good news, one of the Chinese new year sets for 2022 has that piece in blue! (https://brickset.com/sets/80108-1/Lunar-New-Year-Traditions) I'm sure the piece will be available in Bricks and Pieces, so you won't have to buy the entire set for that.

As for me, I think dark blue will look better, though I'll also have to change the hands of the minifig to make it work. By the way, I built this set in mecabricks, and since I got the exact parts count, I can prove two things: the belt is printed, but there is indeed no hairpeice. (fun fact: sticker sheets count as a part)

9 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

So, just to be clear, the new Iron Man is supposed to be Mark 42, right? That actually makes me more excited for this figure; I recently got a preowned copy of the Extremis Showdown and found that the Mark 42 figure that it was supposed to come with had been substituted for an off-brand knockoff, so my Hall of Armour’s sorely missing that suit. A brand new Mark 42 is good news for me! Fingers crossed it appears in other sets later so I don’t have to buy that Mech. 

It's a bit stylised but if you compare the figure to the actual Mark 42 suit it's definitely the same thing.

So all was have for winter 22 sets are just mechs and Iron Man buildable figure? Seem likeweak line up build wise. Iron Man mech is ok, figure is very good, even though it reuses new helmet piece which I hate. Black Panther is probably best mech of all this line. Good minifigure that kinda looks like Mcu version, and solid mech. Although I'm slightly put off by Lego reusing Queer eye face here instead of CMF T'Chala face. And then there's Wolverine. Mech is meh, and minifigure I'd terrible! Loosso bland and boring, legs definitely needed either prints or dual molding to show some details. Iron man buildable figure is a miss for me, although I'm curious to see review of this set just cause.

Well, this was a great surprise to wake up to. Though the original information about the minifigures that came with the mechs seemed to be misinformed. Out of the 3 of them, only one is an actual classic comic version while the other two are clearly MCU/MCU inspired figures, so they're easily a hard pass from me. I was really hoping we'd finally get a classic comic Iron Man and Black Panther, but on the bright side, it saves me some money.

Now for that Wolverine figure, whoever first reported that it would be an updated version of the 2012 figure appeared to have gotten their info mixed up since this is Wolverine's classic yellow suit from the 70s instead of the modern Astonishing suit from the 2000s. A part of me wishes it was an updated Astonishing figure, but this is the more iconic design. I'm just glad they brought back the cowl piece from the 2014 set and didn't resort to using something like the First Appearance Batman cowl as it doesn't really fit as well as this piece. Shame there seems to be no hairpiece included, but it's a lot cheaper to buy as opposed to if it was the other way around where the set included the hair but no cowl.

What irks me is the fact that Lego really cheapened out with the legs. I can understand not doing any short sleeve printing or dual molded boots, or even leg printing, but they REALLY couldn't give this version a blue hip piece to represent the "trunks" that were on this suit? It's like whoever designed this figure forgot that this wasn't the Astonishing suit where the trunks were gone, now it just looks severely incomplete without them. And what's worse is that there is no existing set of legs in this Bright Light Orange color that have a blue hip piece, the only hip piece colors that come with these legs are in Black, Dark Brown, or Bright Light Orange itself. I guess you could make them yourself by pulling the legs apart and switching the hip piece, but I've heard that damages the legs and makes them really loose once they're put back together. Right now, the best substitute I'm going to have to use is the Bright Light Orange legs with the black hip piece and hope a version with the blue hip piece happens eventually. At least the Chinese New Year set has the shoulder pad piece in blue, so that's getting Bricklink'd for sure.

Regardless, it feels so great to finally see an X-Men set after so many years (even if it's Wolverine again). This one is guaranteed to sell out for sure. And however ugly that giant Iron Man buildable figure is, it gives a perfect template to rework it into a Sentinel.

Edited by TheBatstan

Aside from the head that buildable Iron Man would be the perfect basis for a Sentinel. The build is a good height, looks well proportioned and doesn't appear as flimsy compared to Arishem. Hopefully they can come out with something similar for when X-Men 97 debuts.

Good to be getting another MCU Black Panther figure without the kinetic highlights. Feels like its been a while since we last had one. The extra T'Challa head being included is also a nice bonus.

The Wolverine figure looks good for the most part, just a little plain without any details on the legs. Whether its printing or dual molding, it just needed something to break up all the yellow. But I'm just glad to see another X-Men set and hope its the first of many more to come.

The Iron Man figure is definitely the weakest. Torso and leg printing is well done but I'm just not a fan of the helmet they use for the non-MCU figures.