Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

5 minutes ago, The_Fiery_Rooster said:

So... I got the Iron Man buildable figure picture to load... wow do I not like it. The head is a weird specialized piece, like that rounded shoulder armor piece used for molten man and clay face... it also looks too lanky and skinny. Maybe it looks better in person, but I'm not sure anything can fix the head.

(Tell me if you can see it from this link. If not, I'll screenshot it and try to share it. https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/iron-man-figure-76206)

Nevermind, it's fixed now. Even with more pics, I still don't like it.

Haha that Iron Man fig looks HORRIBLE. Looks like something my four year old would dig (which is totally fine, I get Lego is for kids) but it has a plaque like it’s supposed to be some sort of collectible? LOL

Just noticed something about the new mechs... they changes the hips of them. They no longer use that triple ballpoint technic piece now, and as such the waist rotation has been removed. Honestly, that's a bummer. I might mod my Wolverine mech to add it back in.

1 minute ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

an $80 Black Panther 2 set? Yes please 😍 Also I hope that mystery $100 set is NWH based 

If it’s the NWH set containing every character it’ll become the best selling set of 2022

Edited by hvader

ANOTHER Black Panther: Wakanda Forever set confirmed by Mr Fan1414

76214 - $79.99

Just a reminder of the other sets;

76211 -  $49.99

76212 - $9.99

76213 - $29.99

Dang, the Black Panther sets must have sold like crazy. I wouldn't have guessed this would have so many more sets than the other films.

10 minutes ago, hvader said:

If it’s the NWH set containing every character it’ll become the best selling set of 2022

Given the rumors...

Spoiler

What if this set was the battle on the statue of liberty? That would be epic, but we're just spitballing at this point.

4 minutes ago, The_Fiery_Rooster said:

Given the rumors...

Hide contents

What if this set was the battle on the statue of liberty? That would be epic, but we're just spitballing at this point.

Wow that would be incredibly epic

Initially seeing all the sets together I assumed that the buildable Iron Man was the mech. It's weird that it's releasing at the same time as another Iron Man mech set. I almost like it? It's almost so bad that it's good.

I really do like the gold Iron Man figure though. BP is okay, I wasn't planning on getting the QE set so it'll be a cheaper way to get that head. Wolverine looks downright bizarre without leg printing.

The "Wolverine" branding on the mech is very curious. I hope that doesn't mean X-Men sets are getting the shaft in favor of Wolverine-centric sets.

4 minutes ago, The_Fiery_Rooster said:

Given the rumors...

Reveal hidden contents

Wow that would be incredibly epic

Man, they could've at least made Black Panther have the same design as the one in the Endgame wave without the purple.

Aside from that, it's nice to see that Wolverine mask piece hasn't been retired. I'm mystified why they didn't use it in black for first appearance Batman though.

Well... kinda just what I expected, although some things are better, while some are worse.

Wolverine is such a boring minifigure. Too bland, too much yellow, no hairpiece. The build is actually kinda cool, I like the claws and shoulders.

Iron Man looks good, the design is fresh enough. The mech is... meh.

Black Panther looks good, glad they included his face. The mech sucks except for the claws.

Iron Man looks... well, definitely not good. It looks so weird, like a cheap action toy and not LEGO. The head looks so strange.

Wonder what the mystery 100€ set is, because we've got 2 mystery sets now (20€ April 76219 and 100€ 1HY 76209). Hope they are for NWH, but I'm probably reaching.

More Wakanda Forever sets? Well, that's gonna be a big wave... 

Are there any Yellow legs with dark blue dual molding or print on the lower half? Or dual molded arms with flesh/dark blue?

I did a quick search on Brickset but couldn't find any. 

29 minutes ago, ood0 said:

Man, they could've at least made Black Panther have the same design as the one in the Endgame wave without the purple.

The Civil War design only appeared in a single set 5 (when the set actually comes out 6) years ago so I definitely prefer this.

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

At least it’s better than the 2012 CBS figure :laugh:

To be fair, that bar is so low that this new set physically would not fit under it.

Anyway, I think the new mechs are alright, pretty much just more of the same. I don't have Wolverine so I might get his mech but otherwise I'm lukewarm on these.

The Wolverine mech is the best of the bunch and it's nice to get Wolverine again, though I think the old figures I have are better. He really needs dual molded legs or at the very least printed legs. At least it appears to be new printing. Hopefully this is the start of LEGO making more X-Men sets again. I wonder if the reason they did this set is because of X-Men 97? The Iron Man mech is...fine, at least it's a brand new figure. The Black Panther mech is terrible but the new figure is pretty nice, though I'm glad they gave him claws I wish they weren't the exact same as Wolverine's. They could have at least been black if not an entirely new piece like in the LEGO Marvel games. The buildable Iron Man is better than I expected and I like the new piece they used for the faceplate and shoulder pads but it's still not great and still a bizarre decision that feels like a complete waste of a slot when we could have gotten literally anything else for the Infinity Saga line. 

Edited by ToaDraco

45 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

The Civil War design only appeared in a single set 5 (when the set actually comes out 6) years ago so I definitely prefer this.

I'm not sure what that has to do with anything?

I wonder if the Iron Man head from 4529 would be an equivalent size fit for 76206, and maybe better. Not that it matters to me, I don't have a 4529.

I am a Constraction apologist though. Quite enjoyed the Star Wars ones, particularly the speeder bike, and I think it would have been a good fit for more Marvel. Would have definitely sprung for a Constraction Star Lord and a Constraction Masked Winter Soldier. But I'm not sure either of those would fit this new mostly-bricks style. And I'm not sure which other Marvel (MCU) characters would. Basically just War Machine and Ultron, isn't it?

If the NWH trailer tomorrow reveals a lot, I can see Lego potentially revealing a set or two

21 minutes ago, ood0 said:

I'm not sure what that has to do with anything?

I believe he’s just saying that we’ve only gotten one Black Panther design from Civil War so he’d prefer to get another minifigure of BP from Civil War than BP from Endgame.