Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

X-Men the Animated Series is coming back!! 2023!! If there was ever a better opportunity to give us X-Men sets, especially with the iconic costumes we all love, it's this

1 minute ago, Quicksilver838 said:

X-Men the Animated Series is coming back!! 2023!! If there was ever a better opportunity to give us X-Men sets, especially with the iconic costumes we all love, it's this

YES!!! X-Men sets please!

Edited by hvader

I'm very interested in Spider-Man: Freshman Year. Hopefully they introduce some classic villains that can be translated into Lego sets

Man, if they don't start making Disney+ sets I'll do violence on them.

Moon Knight and She-Hulk look absolutely incredible. I can't even decide which I like more.

Then there's Spider-Man: Freshman Year, which sounds like the best thing ever (and an opportunity for Homemade suit), Marvel Zombies, which could give us so many Zombie variants, Echo, which also sounds amazing and could give us MCU Daredevil, and X-Men '97, which could give us a whole X-Men wave :wub_drool:

3 hours ago, hvader said:

I'm very interested in Spider-Man: Freshman Year. Hopefully they introduce some classic villains that can be translated into Lego sets

It's a prequel to Homecoming so it wouldn't make any sense to introduce classic villains, he was pretty inexperienced when he fought Vulture.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Man, if they don't start making Disney+ sets I'll do violence on them.

Moon Knight and She-Hulk look absolutely incredible. I can't even decide which I like more.

Then there's Spider-Man: Freshman Year, which sounds like the best thing ever (and an opportunity for Homemade suit), Marvel Zombies, which could give us so many Zombie variants, Echo, which also sounds amazing and could give us MCU Daredevil, and X-Men '97, which could give us a whole X-Men wave :wub_drool:

She-Hulk better get a set or two, not just a fig in a CMF. We have opportunities to get Abomination (the 2021 Thanos mold would work fine), Titania, the Wrecking Crew and Daredevil, it would be so much more disappointing if they were missed than the few notable characters missing for the other Disney+ shows.

52 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

It's a prequel to Homecoming so it wouldn't make any sense to introduce classic villains, he was pretty inexperienced when he fought Vulture.

I hope they introduce or reinvent some villains as street-level criminals, kinda like Shocker. A club of lovers that no one treats seriously. May Big Wheel shine :devil_laugh:

Glad the X-Men animated series is getting a revival. I too hope we see some sets based on it. Would love to get the whole team in their 90's outfits along with more villains.

30 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I hope they introduce or reinvent some villains as street-level criminals, kinda like Shocker. A club of lovers that no one treats seriously. May Big Wheel shine :devil_laugh:

I'd definitely be up for that. Give us merch-purchasers a new villain to look forward to while not ruining Pete's story progression as Vulture should really be the first big bad he fights :excited:

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

There's always the actual street level villains. Just use Tombstone as a mob boss, Hammerhead as his muscle and the Enforcers as... well the enforcers. At least that way Vulture is his first supervillain.

I'm so intrigued by Zombies though! If this is a follow on from What If, imma need that Zombie Thanos in LEGO form

Edited by Quicksilver838

The announcement of all of these shows does make me wonder how Lego is going to keep up while still doing sets for the films. Is Marvel CMF just going to become a yearly thing? Unless they start putting out a lot more Marvel sets per year, that's the only option I can think of...

10 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I wonder if LEGO knew anything about this. The Wolverine mech seemed like a bit of a random choice in the absence of any tie-in media, but with the revival of the classic X-Men, it makes decidedly more sense. 

6 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

The announcement of all of these shows does make me wonder how Lego is going to keep up while still doing sets for the films. Is Marvel CMF just going to become a yearly thing? Unless they start putting out a lot more Marvel sets per year, that's the only option I can think of...

Or they just skip a ton of content, which is the more likely outcome to me. 

2 hours ago, KevinMD said:

Or they just skip a ton of content, which is the more likely outcome to me. 

Why would LEGO do that?

I'm not saying it's not likely, seeing as we haven't seen them take any step to more LEGO Disney+ content, but it's just so bad from business POV.

10 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

I think they'll just be picking and choosing sets on a case-by-case basis. Ms Marvel for example could get skipped as the character will appear in The Marvels not long after a show, whereas a show like She-Hulk or Moon Knight seems far more likely to get a set. If it does end up being a matter of picking and choosing I do hope LEGO will stick to the shows that actually matter to the main MCU instead of the "bonus shows" like What If...? and Zombies. 

Have to say I'm honestly suprised Zombies is going to be a thing to begin with, I found it to be What If...?'s weakest episode by a long shot and it really didn't leave me wanting more unlike some of the other episodes.

I have to say, I'm really excited about these upcoming shows (most which were known already, though), and their LEGO potential.
It seems to me X-Men has a high probability of returning in LEGO form quite soon :sweet: :wub: 
Regards,
Mitch

9 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Have to say I'm honestly suprised Zombies is going to be a thing to begin with, I found it to be What If...?'s weakest episode by a long shot and it really didn't leave me wanting more unlike some of the other episodes.

I 100% agree with you. I imagine it just comes down to marketing. It's very easy to sell the average person on "MCU but zombies", more so than probably any other concept I can think of off the top of my head. If nothing else, I do think that having more time to flesh out the plot will at least mean the show will probably be a bit better than that episode. As for sets, even though I would prefer they focus on other shows, I think Zombies is almost guaranteed to get a set. It's just too marketable for Lego to pass up.

9 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I think they'll just be picking and choosing sets on a case-by-case basis. Ms Marvel for example could get skipped as the character will appear in The Marvels not long after a show, whereas a show like She-Hulk or Moon Knight seems far more likely to get a set. If it does end up being a matter of picking and choosing I do hope LEGO will stick to the shows that actually matter to the main MCU instead of the "bonus shows" like What If...? and Zombies.

Seconded on the case-by-case basis point; Lego's most likely always gonna prioritize every movie getting at least one set over covering every single D+ show. Outside of X-Men '97 (the IP and nostalgia), Armor Wars (c'mon, like Lego would pass up making mechs) and some of the animated stuff, I'm kinda here and there on what shows would even get sets (tone, plot, etc.). Could definitely see them fast tracking a second CMF series instead to fill the character gaps.

19 minutes ago, PavillionDweller said:

Seconded on the case-by-case basis point; Lego's most likely always gonna prioritize every movie getting at least one set over covering every single D+ show. Outside of X-Men '97 (the IP and nostalgia), Armor Wars (c'mon, like Lego would pass up making mechs) and some of the animated stuff, I'm kinda here and there on what shows would even get sets (tone, plot, etc.). Could definitely see them fast tracking a second CMF series instead to fill the character gaps.

At least a CMF 2 would give us an amazing looking Moon Knight

41 minutes ago, ood0 said:

At least a CMF 2 would give us an amazing looking Moon Knight

I’m really hoping for a detailed She-Hulk too. And depending on how many shows they decide to tackle in the CMF, we could get interesting supporting characters from those shows, like (possibly) Blade and Daredevil. 

I’m really curious to see if they would include Hawkeye in a hypothetical Marvel Studios CMF Series 2 though, given that it doesn’t look like that show is getting any sets. 

5 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

I’m really curious to see if they would include Hawkeye in a hypothetical Marvel Studios CMF Series 2 though, given that it doesn’t look like that show is getting any sets. 

I'd definitely hope so as Kate is one of the MCU figures I want most at the moment. Accessory would be extremely easy as well: Lucky, using the new-ish labrador mold with a unique print for his left eye.