Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

22 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

True, if we could just get confirmation the sets exist that would be something

I still believe that we’re getting them because Fulcrum said there would be five sets total and he has yet to be wrong to my knowledge 

5 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

I still believe that we’re getting them because Fulcrum said there would be five sets total and he has yet to be wrong to my knowledge 

I definitely hope so, but so far it looks like they aren't 1HY sets, and August 2021 would be pretty early for a confirmation of June-December 2022 sets.

2 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Hopefully they do the Goblin Helmet justice, the previous versions from way back were 'fine' but they never seemed to get the eyes right and did nothing with the teeth.

The Ant-Man helmet would work just fine.

8 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Hopefully they do the Goblin Helmet justice, the previous versions from way back were 'fine' but they never seemed to get the eyes right and did nothing with the teeth.

Did nothing? They painted the teeth gold...

Personally I loved that old Goblin figure. Besides the outdated yellow face print, it still looks good to me now.

7 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

The Ant-Man helmet would work just fine.

I've seen CMF4Sci's render and I don't think it looks that good, it completely leaves off the slightly purple "hat" the costume has. The old Goblin didn't have the faint purple either but at least it had the back of the head jutting out like a Xenomorph.

5 hours ago, ood0 said:

I've seen CMF4Sci's render and I don't think it looks that good, it completely leaves off the slightly purple "hat" the costume has. The old Goblin didn't have the faint purple either but at least it had the back of the head jutting out like a Xenomorph.

Because the helmet itself doesnt have a purple top, its a paint that looks a different colour depending on which angle its being iluminated.

No need to say that Lego can't pull that off with its current palete.

14 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Did nothing? They painted the teeth gold...

Personally I loved that old Goblin figure. Besides the outdated yellow face print, it still looks good to me now.

I'd even argue that, given the intricacy of the printing, it is above average for the standards of today's minifigs.

Am I the only one who wants a brand new mold for Goblin's helmet? He's such an iconic villain and Minifigure that I feel like he deserves a brand new mold for 2022.

I think a new mold would be the best case scenario, but I kind of disagree about the 2002 helmet piece. It has too much molded detailed, and doesn't mix well with the more simple design of minifigs. The prints for the eyes and teeth are great, but the black eyebrows ruin it for me, that kind of goofy detail doesn't fit either the movie design or the piece Lego had designed. If we get a new piece, I would want it to have the "hood" on the back and the "ears" on the side, but also a flat front to print the face, without a nose this time to be more consistent with minifigs.

1 hour ago, hvader said:

Am I the only one who wants a brand new mold for Goblin's helmet? He's such an iconic villain and Minifigure that I feel like he deserves a brand new mold for 2022.

I think they should reuse 2002 mold for Goblin helmet. It just fits character better than reusing Ant-man helmet. 

3 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

I think they should reuse 2002 mold for Goblin helmet. It just fits character better than reusing Ant-man helmet. 

That mould has been destroyed ages ago though :grin: While the helmet was decent enough for the time it was released, I expect A LOT better twenty years later 

1 hour ago, hvader said:

I would like a new mold but considering the Ant-Man helmet looks fine and Marvel has a very limited budget I'd much rather see them reuse that mold and give all the figs that need it legprinting, dualmolding, new heads, etc.

25 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

That mold isn't around anymore and is severely outdated for today's standards.

After more than 2 months delay (supply chain delay ...),  the Marvel CMF finally arrived in New Zealand.  It was a long wait for us down here.
Any other regions having delay like NZ?

And anyone else who bought a box getting an extra Captain America Sam Wilson?

I wish there are less What If characters and at least get us a John Walker and Agent Jimmy Woo and TVA agent Mobius.

2 hours ago, Pchan1983 said:

After more than 2 months delay (supply chain delay ...),  the Marvel CMF finally arrived in New Zealand.  It was a long wait for us down here.

Strange they were so delayed in NZ. In Oz they had been pushed back to 1 October, but they started to roll out shortly thereafter and I was able to find them in store almost as soon as Sydney's lockdown was lifted. Have to be quick here, as they usually turn up in physical stores for about 1-2 weeks before disappearing forever.

I really want a Lego Squirrel girl figure.

When the Fantastic Four make their debut (likely in 2023) I still hope Lego makes comic versions of the characters. Even if the movie designs are pretty close. Same with the X-Men but I imagine reasonable differences that would justify both releases will be made in some design choices. As it stand many MCU designs are fairly close or vaguely close so it varies.

Random thought, I was looking at older polybags and the first Winter Soldier Polybag https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=5002943-1 is labeled Avengers Initiative. Most people regarded it as a Civil War figure but in that movie his black eyes are painted on, and his costume has little brown and is mostly grey. In the comics however, Winter Soldier has the black mask and is often depicted with brown straps on his armor.

Not that it matters we can fit whatever design into whatever display we want so how they’re categorized is not that big of a deal, but I still wanted to ask. Does anyone else see that 2015 Winter Soldier polybag as comic based? 

7 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

I agree. Considering this Goblin likely came from 2002, reusing that helmet (if the mold still exists) would be quite fitting

7 hours ago, Pchan1983 said:

And anyone else who bought a box getting an extra Captain America Sam Wilson?

I wish there are less What If characters and at least get us a John Walker and Agent Jimmy Woo and TVA agent Mobius.

I've been going into Toyworld weekly. Just saw a few minutes before that Toyco had them in stock, so should have mine in a day or two. Also pre-ordered a box, so will let you know the distribution. I also wish that they included less of the what if characters, though I wouldn't have minded as much if they included The Collector. Really want a Agatha Harkness minifig 

2 hours ago, cosmic said:

I really want a Lego Squirrel girl figure.

When the Fantastic Four make their debut (likely in 2023) I still hope Lego makes comic versions of the characters. Even if the movie designs are pretty close. Same with the X-Men but I imagine reasonable differences that would justify both releases will be made in some design choices. As it stand many MCU designs are fairly close or vaguely close so it varies.

Random thought, I was looking at older polybags and the first Winter Soldier Polybag https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=5002943-1 is labeled Avengers Initiative. Most people regarded it as a Civil War figure but in that movie his black eyes are painted on, and his costume has little brown and is mostly grey. In the comics however, Winter Soldier has the black mask and is often depicted with brown straps on his armor.

Not that it matters we can fit whatever design into whatever display we want so how they’re categorized is not that big of a deal, but I still wanted to ask. Does anyone else see that 2015 Winter Soldier polybag as comic based? 

I'd love any of these characters in any form, but also prefer when they are closer to comics than the movies. 

I have the 2015 Winter Soldier, but I had always assumed him to be Winter Soldier based, specifically at the end of the car chase scene. Learnt something new reading your post  

I’d say that even though there’s a real chance of Lego not doing it, there’s a bigger likelihood of them making a new mold for Goblin than not. Given how iconic the mask has become, and how often random side characters get new molds, I don’t think they will skimp out on NWH, unless the movie absolutely sucks.

4 hours ago, cosmic said:

It can be seen as either as Bucky's 2014 custome quite closely resembles the comics. I personally always treated the figure as a comic/MCU hybrid.

21 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Strange they were so delayed in NZ. In Oz they had been pushed back to 1 October, but they started to roll out shortly thereafter and I was able to find them in store almost as soon as Sydney's lockdown was lifted. Have to be quick here, as they usually turn up in physical stores for about 1-2 weeks before disappearing forever.

it's because our port having huge congestion since covid started ... Eternals sets not even on shelf yet.

16 hours ago, ApocSlay said:

I've been going into Toyworld weekly. Just saw a few minutes before that Toyco had them in stock, so should have mine in a day or two. Also pre-ordered a box, so will let you know the distribution. I also wish that they included less of the what if characters, though I wouldn't have minded as much if they included The Collector. Really want a Agatha Harkness minifig 

I usually order from Toyco but since last year, local toyworld giving me 20% off for buying a box so it's hard to beat the price =P

Had no real expectations from the Eternals trailers (still think it's just an okay movie having seen it) so wasn't really planning on buying them, but found both Arishem and the Domo on Amazon for absolute bargains ($40 and $62 compared to the Lego site's prices of $95 and $138 - that sweet, overpriced Scandinavian standard :tongue:) so I couldn't pass them up.

It's obviously 100% me not having looked at the pictures well enough, but having the built thing in front of me: The sides of the Domo look horrendous imo, very "side of modular building" with the different colours.  The light bluish gray also draw attention to the gaps; unavoidable due to the sides opening, of course, but they do become muuuch more noticable. Absolutely love the model otherwise (screen accuracy notwithstanding, concept art and all that), could definitely see myself having it top of the Christmas list just as a playset in younger days.

Also, minifgs are insane throughout the subtheme, absolutely gorgeous; Lego can really pull it off when they need to. :laugh:

10 hours ago, Pchan1983 said:

it's because our port having huge congestion since covid started ... Eternals sets not even on shelf yet.

I usually order from Toyco but since last year, local toyworld giving me 20% off for buying a box so it's hard to beat the price =P

Yeah, I ordered my Eternals sets straight from LEGO, and have resorted to that for a few of the new releases, including the Daily Bugle and the FRIENDS apartment sets. I normally also get a discount from Toyworld, but they aren't getting the stock down here for the sets I'm interested in at this stage, which is why I have been going to LEGO directly. My minifigs arrive this coming week, also have a box on pre-order. Haven't shopped at Toyco in a couple of years now. 

22 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That mould has been destroyed ages ago though :grin: While the helmet was decent enough for the time it was released, I expect A LOT better twenty years later 

Whilst the physical moulding machine is broken they do still have the design so I would be cheaper than designing a new part form scratch

Sadly, that isn't how it works. It wouldn't be any cheaper, because they would have to redesign the mold itself to replicate the same shape. Over the last 20 years, I can guarantee that Lego has changed much of how parts are molded, and how plastic is injected into the molds themselves. This also doesn't account for the differences in part design since 2002, even if no aesthetic changes are made, I can assure you other parts of the mold would change to meet modern design, quality, and safety standards. The simple classic space helmet had to be redesigned for The Lego Movie 2 sets, and even basic parts (like technic pins, updated in 2021) have been slightly updated over the years to make sure they are the best they can be. There is no way they could just reuse the same piece as they did in 2002 without any changes, it would be almost impossible.

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Man, I've never seen better custom Doc Ock tentacles :wub_drool: Imagine if we got these in a set, they're perfect for Molina.

They look awesome, yeah, but these are more finicky than the Bugle tentacles. Even more, unlike the Bugle ones, they are probably fragile too. They also need to be pretty long to get much motion out of them, and Lego seems to refuse to give Doc Ock properly long tentacles for some reason. As for the claws, the only reason I don't see Lego doing this is because they wouldn't want to include two of the parts pack the center piece comes in (https://brickset.com/sets/containing-part-6266977) without a use for the other pieces in the pack. Depending on what scenes they adapt, though, they could use those other parts throughout the set, so it could be possible, but I won't be expecting that personally.

Edited by The_Fiery_Rooster