Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Oh i like the poster and am hyped for the movie. Too many villains sound like a dream to me. Hopefully they all make their ways into lego as well. (I didn’t read any spoilers so i don’t really know who’s going to be in it, but i expect a lot)

21 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

I quite like the poster, but I am concerned we’re gonna have a Tasm 2/Spider Man 3/TDKR/Batman and Robin situation where we cram way too many villains in and it just doesn’t work.

That's one of my main concerns as well. They're suddenly bringing back not just 1 or 2 but 5 villains, 2 of which have been dead for more than a decade, with next to no setup so who knows if it'll be done well. I also feel like the very promosing potential of a "Spidey on the run" storyline kinda gets brushed aside in favor of some nostalgia-bait multiverse shenanigans.

I hope they'll pull it off but right now I'm more worried than excited :sceptic:

Please keep discussion here to the LEGO sets not the films.

Film/universe discussion can be done in the appropriate place

2 hours ago, Brickroll said:

I quite like the poster, but I am concerned we’re gonna have a Tasm 2/Spider Man 3/TDKR/Batman and Robin situation where we cram way too many villains in and it just doesn’t work.

It's different this time.

In those movies, they tried to develop 2 or more villains simultaneously, resulting in them not getting developed enough.

In NWH, the villains work as one. Green Goblin is much more prominent, but they all have the same goal and motivations. 

2 hours ago, Borex said:

Oh i like the poster and am hyped for the movie. Too many villains sound like a dream to me. Hopefully they all make their ways into lego as well. (I didn’t read any spoilers so i don’t really know who’s going to be in it, but i expect a lot)

We've seen Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Electro, Sandman and Lizard. 

That also sounds like a dream to me, especially for LEGO. Those sets have such a huge potential. 

If the Lizard is in the movie, then it has to be almost a certainty that he’ll be in a set, right? I mean a lizard looks cool in sets. 
Any kid wants a lizard in his lego set

6 minutes ago, Borex said:

If the Lizard is in the movie, then it has to be almost a certainty that he’ll be in a set, right? I mean a lizard looks cool in sets. 
Any kid wants a lizard in his lego set

Hard to say. He's definitely the least prominent villain in the promotion for now, but that may be because it's hard to tease him without revealing him. Sandman has sand, Electro has lightnings, but Lizard is a giant Lizard. They did the best they could in the trailer.

We also don't know how LEGO will handle those sets (if they handle them at all). Doc Ock is the one they promote this movie with, while Green Goblin is the most prominent villain, so those 2 are guaranteed. Electro is also really prominent, so I'd say that one's also coming.

Sandman and Lizard? I definitely hope so, but it depends how much LEGO wants to do.

Everyone, @Darkdragon kindly asked you to keep film discussion out of this thread, and yet it continues. 

So I will ask in a not-so-kind way, Keep film discussion out of this thread!

This thread is for Lego set discussion, not for deciphering MCU marketing material.

If you wish to discuss the films, go over to Culture & Multimedia. 

I really hope LEGO makes all the members of the Sinister Five. I don’t think Lizard should be a bigfig, I would love a new mold, but he’ll likely be brickbuilt or just a minifig

8 minutes ago, hvader said:

I really hope LEGO makes all the members of the Sinister Five. I don’t think Lizard should be a bigfig, I would love a new mold, but he’ll likely be brickbuilt or just a minifig

I hate the idea of this Lizard being a big fig. He's not Thanos or Hulk sized. A tail piece would be enough for me. 

As for his inclusion, I have to say he's the villain I'm most hyped to see. Not particularly as a character (that's Dafoe for me), but as a character that Spidey(s) is / are going to fight. 

And visually too. A lab coat and purple pants? Yessir.

16 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That would be incredible. Given that Lizard is one of the only live-action Spider-Man villains to never get a Lego figure, this would be a great way for us to get him.  

2 hours ago, Brickroll said:

Stupid question—does anyone know if the Daily Bugle will ever end up on US Amazon?

I don’t see why it wouldn’t. All the lego store exclusives lose that status eventually. The UCS A-wing is the most recent example I could find.

10 hours ago, hvader said:

That would be incredible. Given that Lizard is one of the only live-action Spider-Man villains to never get a Lego figure, this would be a great way for us to get him.  

Exactly. And Electro just got the blue Ultimate variant like over 7 years ago, so that's also great.

The other 2 (not Sandman) also have very different designs from what we've gotten as LEGO in the past, so they're also gonna be great.

11 hours ago, hvader said:

What about Jackal,kingpin, chameleon and morbius?

11 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I hate the idea of this Lizard being a big fig. He's not Thanos or Hulk sized. A tail piece would be enough for me. 

As for his inclusion, I have to say he's the villain I'm most hyped to see. Not particularly as a character (that's Dafoe for me), but as a character that Spidey(s) is / are going to fight. 

If Korg is a minifig, then Lizard should be too. He's not that big. Also he has no lab coat in the movie sorry, gotta wait for comics Lizard for that

3 hours ago, ood0 said:

If Korg is a minifig, then Lizard should be too. He's not that big. Also he has no lab coat in the movie sorry, gotta wait for comics Lizard for that

He has. Purple pants too.

That's a good point with Korg. Also, it's just cheaper. They'd have to make a whole new bigfig mould since he has a tail.

5 hours ago, KA1 said:

What about Jackal,kingpin, chameleon and morbius?

Jackal and Chameleon haven't appeared in live action, Morbius' film is still upcoming so he technically hasn't appeared yet, and all Kingpin's appearances have been in rated 15+ projects

1 hour ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Jackal and Chameleon haven't appeared in live action, Morbius' film is still upcoming so he technically hasn't appeared yet, and all Kingpin's appearances have been in rated 15+ projects

2003 PG-13 Daredevil would like to disagree.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

2003 PG-13 Daredevil would like to disagree.

Here in the UK it's rated 15, I'm guessing that's basically the same thing though. The DD series is rated 18

While the Bugle was full of surprises for the theme, such as including DD, Punisher and Blade, my hope for a Kingpin figure is really diminishing. If LEGO only put those characters in a 18+ set, they'd likely do the same for Kingpin, but with the Hulkbuster already confirmed for next year's D2C, as well as the normal Spidey sets being based on a children's show hope for another beautiful set like the Bugle, or even another 18+ set with the figures we really want to see, just seems far out of reach right now. 

24 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Here in the UK it's rated 15, I'm guessing that's basically the same thing though. The DD series is rated 18

While the Bugle was full of surprises for the theme, such as including DD, Punisher and Blade, my hope for a Kingpin figure is really diminishing. If LEGO only put those characters in a 18+ set, they'd likely do the same for Kingpin, but with the Hulkbuster already confirmed for next year's D2C, as well as the normal Spidey sets being based on a children's show hope for another beautiful set like the Bugle, or even another 18+ set with the figures we really want to see, just seems far out of reach right now. 

Perhaps, but it's a PG-13 movie like all the MCU ones.

Hopefully they do the Goblin Helmet justice, the previous versions from way back were 'fine' but they never seemed to get the eyes right and did nothing with the teeth.

54 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Hopefully they do the Goblin Helmet justice, the previous versions from way back were 'fine' but they never seemed to get the eyes right and did nothing with the teeth.

If they do the helmet at all.

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

If they do the helmet at all.

True, if we could just get confirmation the sets exist that would be something