Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Bit off topic, and we may have discussed this already (although I don't think it's come up since it was announced), but has anyone else been playing the new Guardians game?

Initially I was only interested in sets because I'd like to see some comic variants, but I'm really growing to love these takes on the characters. The supporting characters who appear (or are referenced) would also be cool to have in minifigure form. 

So far not too many things that jump out as obvious potential Lego sets so I kind of get why TLG didn't do anything with it, but there are some cool monsters that could make for interesting builds, if nothing else (beyond the Milano again). 

Though granted, I still have a third of the game left to go. 

11 hours ago, KevinMD said:

That is not high praise. 

Just comparing it to the films we’ve gotten so far in Phase Four, although I liked Black Widow a little better than a lot of other people did. 

I would say Eternals is probably mid-tier in the overall MCU, though. 

22 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Oh wow, that was absolutely amazing. Top tier MCU for me. This makes me appreciate the sets even more.

What were your favourite characters? For me it was Makkari, Druig and Phastos (in that order).

Thena and Gilgamesh were also absolutely badass, so I guess I'll have to buy the 20€ set, have to get Makkari.

Reveal hidden contents

As for the distribution of minifigs, it's kinda unfortunate, especially the smallest one with Ikaris and Sprite 

:grin: That's the other reason why I have to buy another set, seeing as one of them is dead and the other isn't an Eternal anymore. Makkari and Thena will have to suffice.

Reveal hidden contents

I am dying to hear what they'll be doing with Dane next. Will he get a series? Be introduced as Black Knight in Blade or Moon Knight? Or will we have to wait for the next Eternals project? I hope we see him sooner than that, that's what Blade would suggest...

I'm planning on getting that Deviant Bull of Summer set, for Makkari, Gilgamesh and Thena. I might also get Druig and Kingo's figures at some point next year - do you guys think film figures could be included in the Lego magazine? 

I still want to pick up the Shang Chi polybag too

Just watched Eternals!

Thought it was pretty good!

Like its pretty much your average Marvel flick and doesnt deviate from the formula that much, and I thought that it was pretty messy and poorly structured, but had a good time watching it!

Guess I'll have to get some of the sets, gotta get Kingo :devil:

2 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Just watched Eternals

Guess I'll have to get some of the sets, gotta get Kingo :devil:

Kingo was certainly an amusing part of the movie. I just saw the movie as well earlier this day. Not a very good movie, but probably necessary for a bigger story arc. 

i just like to see how they are going to implement Black Knight, Starfox and Pip the Troll.

1 hour ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Do you guys think film figures could be included in the Lego magazine? 

No.

They have never done it. I'd love to be wrong, but they use just comicbook-vased figures for Super Heroes magazines.

Has anyone seen the new Lego avengers show "Loki in Training" the first episode is on marvel HQ's YouTube page.

Thanos has the perfect double blade in it (based on the film and not the one we got in the set)

I hope they keep making these shows to keep interest in the marvel theme. I just wish they would make a MCU tie in show.

BTW...loved the eternals movie, don't think it deserves the hate. It certainly opens a new corner of the marvel world and im here for it. It will take time for these characters to become our faves, just like how it took years for the other marvel heroes! 

Makkari was amazing! best visuals and use of the speedster power set in any lave action film or show! Yes; even better that Quicksilver in X-men days of future past.

1. Makkari

2 Quicksilver (Fox universe)

3. Flash (Dceu)

4 Qucksilver (MCU) 

8 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

BTW...loved the eternals movie, don't think it deserves the hate. It certainly opens a new corner of the marvel world and im here for it. It will take time for these characters to become our faves, just like how it took years for the other marvel heroes!

Couldn’t agree more! I went and saw it last night and while it’s not a perfect movie, it’s a good introduction to unique and bizarre characters that exist in the Marvel cosmic universe.

That post credits trailer has me pumped for the future! Hope the poor reviews don’t bring Marvel to just keep making the cookie cutter movies that “work”.

Also, gotta say that Gilgamesh is my favorite. He’s awesome.

looks like the box office did well for the Eternals with 171 million worldwide! 4th biggest pandemic weekend opening. 

38 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

Couldn’t agree more! I went and saw it last night and while it’s not a perfect movie, it’s a good introduction to unique and bizarre characters that exist in the Marvel cosmic universe.

That post credits trailer has me pumped for the future! Hope the poor reviews don’t bring Marvel to just keep making the cookie cutter movies that “work”.

yeah not a perfect movie but then again:

ant-man

Thor the dark world

the incredible hulk

captain marvel

ant-man and the wasp

iron-man 3

weren't perfect movies either so I don't see why the eternals has to stick out like a sore thumb as this MCU flop?!!!

Edited by BusterNut31
spelling error

25 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

weren't perfect movies either so I don't see why the eternals has to stick out like a sore thumb as this MCU flop?!!!

It's a pretty simple example of critics not knowing what they want. If Marvel sticks with their usual movie-formula they'll be the first to complain about it not being unique enough and that Marvel should take more risks, then when Marvel takes a risk and deviates from the standard formula the critics get mad because it's too different and not enough like a Marvel movie. 

Luckily audience score and the box office are much more important for Marvel than critics' ratings.

17 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

It's a pretty simple example of critics not knowing what they want. If Marvel sticks with their usual movie-formula they'll be the first to complain about it not being unique enough and that Marvel should take more risks, then when Marvel takes a risk and deviates from the standard formula the critics get mad because it's too different and not enough like a Marvel movie. 

Luckily audience score and the box office are much more important for Marvel than critics' ratings.

totally agree!!!

when can we see some marvel 2022 leaks?

41 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

Basically any day now :classic: The first (and probably only) Star Wars minifig has recently leaked and so has a Monkie Kid minifig, shouldn’t take too long before we see minifigs from other themes as well :thumbup: 

1 hour ago, BusterNut31 said:

yeah not a perfect movie but then again:

ant-man

Thor the dark world

the incredible hulk

captain marvel

ant-man and the wasp

iron-man 3

Ant man and Ant Man and the Wasp are absolutely perfect films.

1 hour ago, BusterNut31 said:

totally agree!!!

Last year all the set were revealed (or leaked?) around 20th November (a week period for nearly all January sets for all themes), so just 2 more weeks I'd say till we see the actual sets.

24 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

I have to agree with @BusterNut31, while generally quite enjoyable the Ant-Man films are definitely among the less interesting MCU films and I honestly liked Scott better in Endgame than in either of his solo films. Really looking forward to Quantumania though (even if the title kinda sucks :tongue:). 

I think that Ant-Man movies are enjoyable mostly because of Paul Rudd as Ant-Man. 

He's one of my favourite MCU characters, he's got it all. But the movies don't. The first one is great, and the second one is okay, but I feel like they could do more. 

Hopefully Quantumania is great and we finally get an accurate Ant-Man. 

2 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I have to agree with @BusterNut31, while generally quite enjoyable the Ant-Man films are definitely among the less interesting MCU films and I honestly liked Scott better in Endgame than in either of his solo films. Really looking forward to Quantumania though (even if the title kinda sucks :tongue:). 

Jonathan Majors and a potential Young Avengers set-up? No shot I won't enjoy this movie.

And he’s got the mask. I’m glad to see that’s back, just the goggles would be pretty lame in my opinion.

9 hours ago, Brickroll said:

Dislike a lot of the second but I love the first, Paul Rudd is the GOAT

Also a fan of Captain Marvel, Samuel L Jackson's great in it

Wow that poster is absolutely terrible :sick: 

I guess I may be the only one here who isn't all that excited for NWH, I could see this being a huge dumpsterfire. Even Black Widow had me more excited :def_shrug:

At this point I just can't see LEGO not making more sets for this movie. 

4 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I guess I may be the only one here who isn't all that excited for NWH, I could see this being a huge dumpsterfire. Even Black Widow had me more excited :def_shrug:

Yeah, I guess you are the only one.

14 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

speaking of NWH sets...do we have the prices of the other two sets?

We don't even know if they exist in the first place.

So no, we do not.

6 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I quite like the poster, but I am concerned we’re gonna have a Tasm 2/Spider Man 3/TDKR/Batman and Robin situation where we cram way too many villains in and it just doesn’t work.