Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Can't wait to watch it tomorrow, so hyped. Critics are so weird about this movie. This is the first time MCU brings us something so fresh and different from their regular formula, and critics criticise it for not being enough like a regular MCU movie.

The sets are one of my favourite LEGO Marvel waves of all time, fantastic job in every aspect.

If I love the movie enough I'll get the Thena, Makkari and Gilgamesh set this weekend.

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Can't wait to watch it tomorrow, so hyped. Critics are so weird about this movie. This is the first time MCU brings us something so fresh and different from their regular formula, and critics criticise it for not being enough like a regular MCU movie.

The sets are one of my favourite LEGO Marvel waves of all time, fantastic job in every aspect.

If I love the movie enough I'll get the Thena, Makkari and Gilgamesh set this weekend.

Yeah, the critical reception has been so all over the place for this one I don't know what to think. I'm going into it with an open mind, and am probably gonna end up buying at least one of the sets once I see it. I completely agree on this wave, it really is quite exceptional from what I've seen.

1 minute ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

How accurate are the Eternals sets, and what, if anything, are we missing? 

Saw the movie on Wednesday. This wave is pretty accurate. 

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

How accurate are the Eternals sets, and what, if anything, are we missing? 

Really accurate.

The minifigures are all spot-on, Domo and Kro are similar enough to their movie counterparts, and even the Deviants aren't just random builds, but actual creatures that appear in this movie (I mean specifically each single one, not Deviants as a whole).

And no, we aren't missing anything. They've covered all they could.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

And no, we aren't missing anything. They've covered all they could.

Except for Dan Whitman, but I’m sure he’ll appear further down the line once

he actually suits up. That tease at the end was great, but who was that voice? Some people say Blade, which would be amazing 

*oh2* 

55 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Hide contents

he actually suits up. That tease at the end was great, but who was that voice? Some people say Blade, which would be amazing 

*oh2* 

I personally think it may be his uncle, Nathan Garrett, who was the Black Knight before Dane in the comics.

3 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Reveal hidden contents

I personally think it may be his uncle, Nathan Garrett, who was the Black Knight before Dane in the comics.

Good suggestion, but in the meantime it has been confirmed to be

Blade 

:moar: 

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Reveal hidden contents

*oh2* 

In marketing for the movie he was just a regular civilian tho.

Even if he gets the costume in a post-credit scene or whatever (haven't seen it yet), not only wouldn't it fit into the sets, but also couldn't be done at all as it wasn't revealed.

Besides Dane I'd also love to get Karun and maybe some of the Eternals' civilian outfits, Thena's in particular looked fantastic. But kids probably don't care about those outfits for the Eternals so I'm not surprised we didn't get them.

Any ideas, which month of 2022 Hulkbuster will be released? I might skipped that info somewhere.

13 minutes ago, Jaromir said:

Any ideas, which month of 2022 Hulkbuster will be released? I might skipped that info somewhere.

We don't know but it should be somewhere in the January-March period.

Oh wow, that was absolutely amazing. Top tier MCU for me. This makes me appreciate the sets even more.

What were your favourite characters? For me it was Makkari, Druig and Phastos (in that order).

Thena and Gilgamesh were also absolutely badass, so I guess I'll have to buy the 20€ set, have to get Makkari.

As for the distribution of minifigs, it's kinda unfortunate, especially the smallest one with Ikaris and Sprite 

:grin: That's the other reason why I have to buy another set, seeing as one of them is dead and the other isn't an Eternal anymore. Makkari and Thena will have to suffice.

11 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Hide contents

*oh2* 

I am dying to hear what they'll be doing with Dane next. Will he get a series? Be introduced as Black Knight in Blade or Moon Knight? Or will we have to wait for the next Eternals project? I hope we see him sooner than that, that's what Blade would suggest...

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Reveal hidden contents

As for the distribution of minifigs, it's kinda unfortunate, especially the smallest one with Ikaris and Sprite 

:grin: That's the other reason why I have to buy another set, seeing as one of them is dead and the other isn't an Eternal anymore. Makkari and Thena will have to suffice.

Spoiler

I guarantee you that both of these characters will appear again unless something happens with their actors

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I am dying to hear what they'll be doing with Dane next. Will he get a series? Be introduced as Black Knight in Blade or Moon Knight? Or will we have to wait for the next Eternals project? I hope we see him sooner than that, that's what Blade would suggest...

Can't delete 

Formatting went really well there, didn't it

I was lucky enough to see the film on Wednesday. I thought it was just fine personally but...

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

What were your favourite characters? For me it was Makkari, Druig and Phastos (in that order).

I loved Makkari. I thought she was awesome. Great performance and best action sequences imo. 

I was also a big fan of the costume designs, so although I probably won't get the sets themselves I'm pretty tempted to track down the figs sometime down the line.

10 hours ago, Jaromir said:

Probably March as the previous MCU inspired D2C's both released in March - would also make sense given we are getting info on this set now.

After watching Eternals yesterday, I feel a lot more motivated to pick up the sets.

If we get more comic Spider-Man sets next year, I wonder what villains we'll get. The villain lineup we've been getting since 2019 has been fairly consistent, with the following being featured in multiple sets in that period:

Green Goblin

Doc Ock

Sandman

Vulture

Venom

Carnage

Mysterio (starting in 2020)

I do hope we get at least a couple new villains for 2022.  I'm really hoping we get a comic Morbius as a loose tie-in for the movie.  If we get movie versions of Electro and Lizard next year, while that could increase the chances of getting classic comic versions afterwards, that might result in a wait until 2023.  Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for a Rhino bigfig after the minifigure version comes out. 

I saw Eternals last night and I liked it. I would say it’s better than Black Widow but not as good as Shang-Chi. I probably won’t get any of the sets though since I still don’t have the No Way Home sets, but I am so down for a Black Knight minifigure for whatever he shows up in next. 

3 hours ago, NeutralNoodle said:

I saw Eternals last night and I liked it. I would say it’s better than Black Widow but not as good as Shang-Chi. I probably won’t get any of the sets though since I still don’t have the No Way Home sets, but I am so down for a Black Knight minifigure for whatever he shows up in next. 

That is not high praise. 

Watched Eternals last night and while I see why it might not be everyone’s cup of cosmic tea, I personally enjoyed it a great deal! Great experience watching this and Dune on two consecutive nights.

I’m stunned by the overall accuracy and quality of these sets. I haven’t built them yet, but I own every set aside from the smallest and can’t wait to get started. This wave really is a testament to how great tie-in merchandise can be when studios are a little bit more transparent about what goes on in their movies and gives less of an impression of merchandise for the sake of merchandise. Hopefully the mythical NWH Spoiler wave will have this level of quality. 

Minor nitpick, but it would have been cool to get the power blast / special effects pieces in gold for this wave. Kingo’s finger guns were just ridiculously cool!

Edited by T21Typhoon