Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Calling it now: these delays are happening because NWH is gonna get delayed, which will be announced in the 2nd trailer.

Nah, that's not gonna happen.

They wouldn't release a 2nd trailer in the first place if they wanted to delay the movie. 

Also, a delay would do it no good. The hype is huge, and delaying it would make people frustrated and irritated.

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

My guesses:

• 76205 (Doctor Strange 2?) will probably stay where it is, as the release date was January 1st and the set would likely not be spoiler heavy.
  • 76207 & 76208 (Thor 4?) were scheduled for March 1st. We'll probably see them shown in the Lego catalogue similar to Eternals, but they could be delayed to June/July to avoid distracting from Doctor Strange 2 which now has a May release and more closely release with Thor 4's July date.
  • 76211, 76212 & 76213 (Black Panther 2?) were scheduled for May 1st, they'll probably be delayed to October/November to more closely release with Black Panther 2 in November, though I'm fairly sure that will get delayed to 2023.
  • 76219 is a bit of a mystery still, it was scheduled for April 1st and depending on what it is it'll probably keep that release date

Doctor Strange set will probably stay for January, it's a single non-spoiler set so I don't see the point of delaying it. Since it's like 2 months until its release it seems kinda too late to delay it.

Thor sets will probably be delayed until the OG date for July MCU sets, May 1st (WF sets were slated for May 1st and the movie was releasing on the same day as L&T), after all March-July is a big gap. But on the other hand I could see them releasing in March.

Wakanda Forever sets will definitely be delayed. May-November is a half-year gap. They'll probably release between August and October.

Also, what makes you 'fairly sure' that Wakanda Forever will be delayed to 2023?

5 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Calling it now: these delays are happening because NWH is gonna get delayed, which will be announced in the 2nd trailer.

I really hope that's not the case...

10 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Nah, that's not gonna happen.

They wouldn't release a 2nd trailer in the first place if they wanted to delay the movie. 

Pairing the announcement of a delay for an upcoming product with a brand new trailer to soften the blow and reduce backlash isn't unusual. 

Black Widow and Shang-Chi may not have performed as well as Marvel movies usually do but given the circumstances they did really well. There's just no real reason I can think of that would prompt Marvel/Disney to move such a large part of their movie slate again, other than Sony forcing their hand with a NWH delay. 

It may happen, it may not happen. I'm not going to be surprised if it does. 

12 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

According to Fiege it’s because of delays in production and that because they have so many release slots they can shift them all if necessary.

there is also the chance they didn’t want to compete with Batman in March of next year. 

3 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Pairing the announcement of a delay for an upcoming product with a brand new trailer to soften the blow and reduce backlash isn't unusual. 

Black Widow and Shang-Chi may not have performed as well as Marvel movies usually do but given the circumstances they did really well. There's just no real reason I can think of that would prompt Marvel/Disney to move such a large part of their movie slate again, other than Sony forcing their hand with a NWH delay. 

It actually is. The last trailer didn't even release 2 months ago, it's still very fresh.

They make only 2 trailers for movies, and we know there is only one more trailer planned. They wouldn't release it this soon if they were to delay the movie.

15 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

No, that's not gonna happen. Venom 2 was very successful, even surprisingly successful, so I'm pretty sure Sony are confident about this date.

I have a feeling it's to do with IATSE strikes -- keep in mind Disney moved Indy 5 too. They probably anticipated the strike affecting the schedule, so prepared in advance, but then decided to delay anyway even the strike hasn't gone ahead yet.

Regards,

Changbricks

Edited by Changbricks

11 minutes ago, Flixter said:

No, that's not gonna happen. Venom 2 was very successful, even surprisingly successful, so I'm pretty sure Sony are confident about this date.

Exactly. Plus, why would they move it from the very lucrative slot in December to February? Sure, it’s not as bad anymore as the dumping zone that is January (thanks in large parts to The LEGO Movie and Black Panther, who both broke the February curse), but still. And it has to be released before DS2 :tongue:

1 hour ago, Changbricks said:

I have a feeling it's to do with IATSE strikes -- keep in mind Disney moved Indy 5 too. They probably anticipated the strike affecting the schedule, so prepared in advance, but then decided to delay anyway even the strike hasn't gone ahead yet.

Regards,

Changbricks

Even with the strike resolved, the extra days added to Production due to giving production staff weekends off etc adds to the schedule timeline. If Dr Strange 2 wasn't going to make the release with the added time then everything gets pushed back due to the interconnected nature of the MCU/other film schedules not being able to move up. 

If this is the case then Eternals/NWH are unaffected as they are already done.

Edited by upliftingbricks

With a new squirrel mould in the making, what are the possibilities for a Squirrel Girl? Or a sd comiccon Squirrelpool?

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Exactly. Plus, why would they move it from the very lucrative slot in December to February? Sure, it’s not as bad anymore as the dumping zone that is January (thanks in large parts to The LEGO Movie and Black Panther, who both broke the February curse), but still. And it has to be released before DS2 :tongue:

Exactly. The most lucrative release windows are always Holidays - Summer (May-August) and Winter (November-December). 

They wouldn't change it to March or whatever. They have Christmas, and it's not like they would make more 2 or 3 months later.

1 hour ago, Changbricks said:

Regards,

Changbricks

They moved them because they don't want to rush those movies. If creators are complaining that those release windows are too close and they want more time to polish their movie, then that's what Disney's doing.

For example GoTG Vol. 3 did not get pushed back, and Gunn commented on it himself, saying that 'Nope. #GotGVol3 is neither pulled nor delayed, still scheduled for May 5, 2023. We are scripted & storyboarded, crewed & casted, & READY TO GO in just a little bit here. We’re going to build you guys something beautiful. 🦝🚀🪐💫'

He's happy with the release window, so it stays. Simple as that.

1 hour ago, Flixter said:

Not to mention No Time To Die, which was surprisingly even more successful. It's a huge hit. Same goes for Halloween Kills, and Eternals has the biggest ticket-sales of any 2021 movie, estimate to make over 100M. 

Cinemas are getting stronger, and a Christmas Spider-Man movie with Tom, Andrew and Tobey might revive them for good now.

8 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Fiege gave us a reason for the delays at the Eternals premiere last night. He said just some studio changes and shifting was the cause. Didn't mention covid or any major issues that caused the dates being pushed back.

NWH isn't going anywhere 

1 hour ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

I just caved in and bought the Drone Duel Set. Some representation for NWH is better than none, even though it is technically a "homecoming inspired" set.

Haha, I feel you on this. I was initially reluctant to buy the ‘No Way Home’ wave on account of just waiting until we see what next year brings, but caved too. Crazy to think we’re only getting one set actually based on the film so far. 

The Drone Duel build is nice enough, but Lego really should have assigned the set a lower price point and just include Spidey and Vulture with the latter’s wing pack as the set’s build. 

14 hours ago, T21Typhoon said:

Haha, I feel you on this. I was initially reluctant to buy the ‘No Way Home’ wave on account of just waiting until we see what next year brings, but caved too. Crazy to think we’re only getting one set actually based on the film so far. 

The Drone Duel build is nice enough, but Lego really should have assigned the set a lower price point and just include Spidey and Vulture with the latter’s wing pack as the set’s build. 

I have this odd feeling that the Drone may appear in NWH, the design and the sticker details are very specific as if they based them off concept art. It wouldn't be too farfetched to happen as the Spider-Man fig is already based on NWH.

4 hours ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

I have this odd feeling that the Drone may appear in NWH, the design and the sticker details are very specific as if they based them off concept art. It wouldn't be too farfetched to happen as the Spider-Man fig is already based on NWH.

It won't. 

4 hours ago, NeutralNoodle said:

You’ve already seen the movie? How was it?

It's a huge drone that Spider-Man is flying in a LEGO set lol, obviously It's made up.

And yes, I do know about a lot of stuff that happens in the movie .

6 hours ago, NeutralNoodle said:

How was the Mandarin's golf kart in Ironman 3? And Captain America's giant motorbike in Endgame?

Edited by PGBQW

Isn't it just "Droney" from the first movie reskinned to match the gold and black suit?

Also, these sets are "inspired by" the first two movies even though they're under the NWH branding so they definitely aren't scenes from the movie. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if the drone is in the movie looking like in the set just regular sized instead of helicopter size lol 

Spider-Man NWH made the cover of Empire magazine to help promote its December release date. Yeah, this movie isn't getting delayed as I said. Too much is riding on it 

On 10/21/2021 at 7:54 PM, NeutralNoodle said:

Hahaha I love this. Get used to THELEGOBATMAN having all the answers to unreleased movies. He seems to think that the internet never lies. I often have to sit back and chuckle when I read this forum. :laugh_hard:

5 hours ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

Spider-Man NWH made the cover of Empire magazine to help promote its December release date. Yeah, this movie isn't getting delayed as I said. Too much is riding on it 

I’ve gotta ask, does the Empire magazine cover confirm the sixth member of the Sinister Six? I believe we knew about the following members being in NWH based on the first trailer:

- Doc Ock

- Green Goblin

- Electro

- Sandman

- Lizard

And the Empire magazine cover has seemingly confirmed Mysterio will be in the movie. Hmmm 🤔 

Edited by Moon_Knight

51 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

And the Empire magazine cover has seemingly confirmed Mysterio will be in the movie. Hmmm 🤔 

I feel like it makes sense for the 6th member to be an MCU character, so he would be perfect. Let's hope Sandman doesn't reuse the Angry Clone Face again

1 hour ago, Moon_Knight said:

Hahaha I love this. Get used THELEGOBATMAN having all the answers to unreleased movies. He seems to think that the internet never lies. I often have to sit back and chuckle when I read this forum. :laugh_hard:

I’ve gotta ask, does the Empire magazine cover confirm the sixth member of the Sinister Six? I believe we knew about the following members being in NWH based on the first trailer:

- Doc Ock

- Green Goblin

- Electro

- Sandman

- Lizard

I think Mysterio is possible. I've doubted him actually being dead since 2019