Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

15 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

It's had a good run to be fair, sad to see it go, but 2022 should give us a lot more to talk about. Summer especially.

It took us this long to get a D2C comic inspired Spider-man set. I'd guess next year might give us an MCU inspired D2C for the 10th anniversary of Avengers or something... so 2023 at the earliest for an X-Mansion but they will probably wait for the MCU to adapt them.

I’m sorry, this forum is going? 

14 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

I’m sorry, this forum is going? 

They meant this thread. On January 1st it'll be retired and everyone will move on to the newly made Marvel 2022 thread.

Bruh imagine if LEGO made sets about non-MCU films like Fox X-Men and Raimi Spider-Man. Also it turns out we ain't getting any GOTG sets based on the game which means I'm wrong so that means you guys can slap me.

1 hour ago, EggBoi said:

Bruh imagine if LEGO made sets about non-MCU films like Fox X-Men and Raimi Spider-Man. Also it turns out we ain't getting any GOTG sets based on the game which means I'm wrong so that means you guys can slap me.

As much as I like the Fox X-Men movies, I can't say I'd be interested in getting any sets based on them. The character designs are just too boring and unimaginative. I'd rather they stick with the comics until the MCU versions come out, especially if the X-Men are based on the 90's Jim Lee costume designs.

A return to the Raimi Spider-Man sets would definitely be welcome though.

2 hours ago, wesker said:

If we do get those 2 NWH sets, they’ll at least scratch that itch from a minifigures perspective.

I don’t think I’ve ever been as excited for a Marvel wave as I am for these Schrödinger’s spoiler sets. Just imagine if we can get another set on par with 2016’s Bridge Battle :blush: Makes me wonder what Lego will do to maintain some semblance of exclusivity for the 3 NWH-inspired sets that just released.

Also, it’s fantastic that Wolverine is getting his cowl! The 2014 set was a hit or miss for many but I honestly thought it was a perfect little X-Men set for the time. 

Edited by T21Typhoon

3 hours ago, wesker said:

I'd rather they stick with the comics until the MCU versions come out, especially if the X-Men are based on the 90's Jim Lee costume designs.

Those are the same as/similar to the costumes from the Animated Series, right?
In which case, I agree. Though, all I really want is an Animated Series Cyclops :wub:
The rest don't really matter much to me, personally :innocent2:

I can see LEGO expanding to more X-Men in general, though, if the set with Wolverine is a succes, which I guess it will be.

Regards,
Mitch

Marvel just announced we're getting 2 episodes of Hawkeye on November 24th (which was definitely done because the finale was originally going to come out on the same day as the Book of Boba Fett premier :tongue:).

11 hours ago, wesker said:

I know it's almost certainly not going to happen, but I'd love to see Lego do a remake of 4856 at some point. Even if it's not under the Spider-man theme it'd be an awesome build to have a dilapidated docks set - would go well with the fishing sets. Though it seems unlikely we will revisit any of the pre-MCU movies, which is a shame.

So Hawkeye isn't getting any sets as far as we're aware? Huge bummer tbh, it looks so good and a set with that car chase could easily be done...

Edited by kevkipo

4 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

What are the chances 76219 is a Disney+ set?

It’s probably another double mech set like the Spider-Man vs. Doc Ock one from this year. The piece counts are nearly identical. 

2 hours ago, Buckethead said:

What are the chances 76219 is a Disney+ set?

Low.

They probably wouldn't make a random, single Disney+ Marvel set in April.

I hope they have plans for those series, because my heart will be broken if we don't get LEGO Hailee Steinfeld.

13 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

Those are the same as/similar to the costumes from the Animated Series, right?
In which case, I agree. Though, all I really want is an Animated Series Cyclops :wub:
The rest don't really matter much to me, personally :innocent2:

I can see LEGO expanding to more X-Men in general, though, if the set with Wolverine is a succes, which I guess it will be.

Regards,
Mitch

Yeah they're the same costumes. I agree we definitely need an Animated Series Cyclops! I wasn't a big fan of the version we got in the 2014 set.

8 hours ago, wesker said:

Yeah they're the same costumes. I agree we definitely need an Animated Series Cyclops! I wasn't a big fan of the version we got in the 2014 set.

Neither was I. It's just so... bland. One blue costume and a yellow belt, that was it.

Anyway, nice to hear about the Hawkeye sets :sweet::thumbup:

Regards,
Mitch 

On 10/14/2021 at 1:19 AM, EggBoi said:

Bruh imagine if LEGO made sets about non-MCU films like Fox X-Men and Raimi Spider-Man.

It'd be a dream come true if Lego realized they have a second chance now with the Raimi movies and made sets based on Spider-Man 3. It would finally fill that empty hole of having sets based on the entire trilogy instead of only the first two thanks to Lego losing the rights to make Spider-Man sets and Mega Brands subsequently picking up the Marvel license in October 2004. Getting an official Raimi black suit Spider-Man after constantly seeing custom versions of it for years would be a sight to behold.

Even if they went back and made updated flesh toned minifigures from the first movie, it would be more than welcome. We're already guaranteed to get a flesh tone version of Dafoe's Norman Osborn with NWH, but an updated minifigure of the Human Spider wrestling costume as well would be amazing.

Edited by TheBatstan

On 10/14/2021 at 11:24 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I hope they have plans for those series, because my heart will be broken if we don't get LEGO Hailee Steinfeld.

I'm fairly sure eventually they'll either show up in films or will get a team-up Disney+ series that will provide Lego with another option down the line.

7 hours ago, Scarilian said:

I'm fairly sure eventually they'll either show up in films or will get a team-up Disney+ series that will provide Lego with another option down the line.

Sure, but it's not like I want to wait years for LEGO to make that minifigure...

On 10/9/2021 at 4:01 PM, lego_guyon02 said:

On the negative side of things: also built the Sanctum set and it honestly sucks. It has a really odd footprint, isn't enjoyable to build and just overall feels like a soulless product. I'm glad it's at least a good partspack so I didn't completely waste my money. Figs are great.

Yep Sanctum set is going to be one of the few sets where I go straight to moccing. Going to try to make a mini room similar to the New Asgard set.

I just got the CMF Wanda figure and there are a few lines of silver reflective printing on her left side but not on her right. I haven't found anything similar online, is this normal?

Edited by BigA_7

Quick question, but is Briquestore.fr a legitimate website? I've never purchased anything from them, but I was planning to purchase some Minifigures from their store.

So I think my CMF Wanda figure is misprinted but on LEGO.com they don't even offer replacements since it's a minifigure series... are there any cheap alternatives?

9 hours ago, BigA_7 said:

So I think my CMF Wanda figure is misprinted but on LEGO.com they don't even offer replacements since it's a minifigure series... are there any cheap alternatives?

Buy another Wanda. 

Not again!! The whole MCU film slate has just been pushed back so that every upcoming film next year takes its successors position :sad: Not as bad as Indy has been hit, but still :distressed:

Hmm, wonder how that will affect MCU LEGO sets...

I suppose it might be too late to push back ITMoM, but maybe they'll push Thor sets one month, and I think they'll definitely push Wakanda Forever sets to like August or even October. 

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Not again!! The whole MCU film slate has just been pushed back so that every upcoming film next year takes its successors position :sad: Not as bad as Indy has been hit, but still :distressed:

Probably due to both Black Widow & Shang Chi underperforming. At least Spider-man:NWH is staying where it is.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Hmm, wonder how that will affect MCU LEGO sets...

My guesses:

• 76205 (Doctor Strange 2?) will probably stay where it is, as the release date was January 1st and the set would likely not be spoiler heavy.
  • 76207 & 76208 (Thor 4?) were scheduled for March 1st. We'll probably see them shown in the Lego catalogue similar to Eternals, but they could be delayed to June/July to avoid distracting from Doctor Strange 2 which now has a May release and more closely release with Thor 4's July date.
  • 76211, 76212 & 76213 (Black Panther 2?) were scheduled for May 1st, they'll probably be delayed to October/November to more closely release with Black Panther 2 in November, though I'm fairly sure that will get delayed to 2023.
  • 76219 is a bit of a mystery still, it was scheduled for April 1st and depending on what it is it'll probably keep that release date

Depending on how this is handled, we may wind up seeing most of these sets months before release. Either way, sadly it means it's probably going to be another hectic time of trying to judge which sets we are getting and when, as this will throw everything for the loop. I kinda hope Lego does not delay the sets as it'd leave us with little in terms of MCU Marvel during the first half of 2022.