Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

3 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Looks like Star Wars is getting adult-oriented display pieces next year (the Death Star trash compactor and Luke's training on Dagobah). It would be incredible if we could get something similar instead of the near constant oversized vehicles and mechs.

I definitely hope so, it would be amazing. Sets like this have been a personal LEGO-dream of mine, and I hope they expand to other themes. Helmets for example did - started with Star Wars, but then expanded to Marvel and DC.

What's the deal with the Spider-Man and Venom blister pack? I can't seem to find it anywhere, its like $45 on bricklink. Is it already retired? 

8 hours ago, legobagel said:

What's the deal with the Spider-Man and Venom blister pack? I can't seem to find it anywhere, its like $45 on bricklink. Is it already retired? 

I contacted Lego and they told me it is retired in the US. That is some serious BS considering it was around for only a couple of months!

59 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

I contacted Lego and they told me it is retired in the US. That is some serious BS considering it was around for only a couple of months!

Ugh. That is super annoying. Outta luck on that one, no way I'm spending $45 dollars on it.

Regarding the comic Iron Man in the mech set, I would like to see the Modular Armor, which was also used in Marvel vs Capcom 2. It would stand out from other figs, with a golden torso and red legs.

image.jpeg.c39043adf61d274eaadfedef8fb0557b.jpegConfira a trajetória do Homem de Ferro nos videogames | Notícias | TechTudo

Edited by PRbrickbuilder

I just realized that the Sanctum set contains a spider and a scorpion... Coincidence, or does this mean more?

On 10/10/2021 at 11:24 PM, legobagel said:

I saw it was constantly out of stock online and I agree, I wouldn't pay much more for it than MSRP. It was on ebay for mid-$20s earlier this summer. I don't live near a store (3 hours away), but the "local" store had some in stock and a LUGmate happened to be going that way so I asked if they'd pick me up a copy.

It does stink being so short lived. Not sure why that happens sometimes. I guess they produce a certain amount and call it good.

1 hour ago, hvader said:

I just realized that the Sanctum set contains a spider and a scorpion... Coincidence, or does this mean more?

Coincidence. 

2022 Wolverine will have a new version of the 2012 suit and will include both the hairpiece and the mask. ~ Fulcrum

Now THAT'S fantastic news. A mask AND a hairpiece? Can't wait for this. Hopefully we get more X-Men sets in the Summer.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

2022 Wolverine will have a new version of the 2012 suit and will include both the hairpiece and the mask. ~ Fulcrum

Now THAT'S fantastic news. A mask AND a hairpiece? Can't wait for this. Hopefully we get more X-Men sets in the Summer.

Really we need a D2C X-Mansion. About Mos Eisley size, maybe with reversible battle damage like Daily Bugle and a massive Sentinel to cause it.

And with Deadpool and X Force trashing the place too... *chef's kiss*

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'd love a black bird D2C, whose with me?

1 hour ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

I'd love a black bird D2C, whose with me?

Heck, I just want a new system-scale Blackbird. I have the original and it's just okay. 

55 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

What are the chances of seeing a D2C X-Mansion? 

Would be much more likely with at least a couple waves of X-Men sets first

For X-Men characters I'd love a Colossus fig, Juggernaut bigfig, and a Beast fig 

3 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Heck, I just want a new system-scale Blackbird. I have the original and it's just okay. 

I wish i got that set when it came out. Such an underrated gem imo, I love literally everything about it 

I hope the suit they use for Wolvie is a little different than the 2012 suit, just because I already have that one but I'll be happy for the fans that weren't able to get it when it came out. Here's mine. I took the cowl from the gold and brown suit and added it to the gold and blue suit. I also added the shoulder pads from the Mark 30 Iron Man. I think it looks great.

image_from_ios

Glad they're updating the 2012 suit with mask. I too hope we get to see more X-Men sets in the near future.

I don't think they would make a single X-Men set with Wolverine, that would seem pretty random. I think they have bigger plans for this branch of Marvel.

Is it a coincidence that a Wolverine set is coming out the year LEGO Marvel has it's 10th anniversary? Perhaps, but maybe perhaps not. I hope they surprise us with the Summer wave.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

I think once the X-Men are in the MCU, that’s when merchandise, toys, etc. are gonna take off again. But I think we still got a couple years before that happens. We know we’re getting Fantastic Four, Blade, Moon Knight and a long list of other super heroes before the X-Men come along.

I’ve seen a lot of theories/rumors that suggest the X-Men are coming sooner than later but I’m not convinced they’re true.

My guess is Lego is feeling the waters with this Wolvie mech or a designer that really loves Wolvie begged for his inclusion as a mech (similar situation with how we got Daredevil in the Bugle). I just don’t think we’re going to get any big comic sets before we get MCU sets but I hope I’m wrong. 

On 10/11/2021 at 12:44 AM, TurnOffTheDark said:

it is kinda sad that this forum only has 2 more months to live. But I know I'll see all of you on the infant 2022 forum as soon as it drops 

It's had a good run to be fair, sad to see it go, but 2022 should give us a lot more to talk about. Summer especially.

On 10/12/2021 at 11:05 PM, Legoman123 said:

What are the chances of seeing a D2C X-Mansion? 

It took us this long to get a D2C comic inspired Spider-man set. I'd guess next year might give us an MCU inspired D2C for the 10th anniversary of Avengers or something... so 2023 at the earliest for an X-Mansion but they will probably wait for the MCU to adapt them.

Edited by Scarilian