Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

or a Black Panther set is codenamed Spider-Man. 

No, I think that one is right because Black Panther is supposed to be in the Spiderman show

1 hour ago, Thwip said:

The webquarters is an interesting choice of a set to me since we just got that spiderman hideout

IIRC This one is supposed to be a spider shapped base?

Buildible iron man is interesting. As a system set it could be a nice display piece....

and if it's constraction, now that'd be REALLY interesting, as almost all bionicle and ccbs parts have had their molds retired.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

So our current 2022 list is:

• 10781: Spider-man Techno Truck $9.99
  • 10782: Hulk & Rhino's Truck Duel $19.99
  • 10783: Spider-man at Doc Ock's Labratory $29.99
  • 10784: Spider-man Webquarters $49.99
  • 76202: Wolverine Mech $9.99
  • 76203: Comic Iron Man Mech $9.99
  • 76204: Black Panther Mech $9.99
  • 76205: 'MCU movie set' $29.99 (300+ Pieces) - Likely Doctor Strange 2 inspired
  • 76206: 'Buildable Iron Man Mk43' $39.99
  • 76207: $19.99
  • 76208: $49.99
  • 76211: $49.99
  • 76212: $9.99
  • 76213: $29.99
  • 76219: $19.99
  • XXXXX Infinity Saga Minifigure Pack
8 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

and if it's constraction, now that'd be REALLY interesting, as almost all bionicle and ccbs parts have had their molds retired.

It's apparently brick-built, so I'd expect something more akin to the Monkey Kid mechs or a scaled down version of what they did with Arishem. Wonder if we'll see them do one for Captain America & Thor...

Edited by Scarilian

Agatha Harkness Disney+ series is supposedly in development according to Deadline. It'll probably be a while, but we may get her.

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

No they are not they are based off the Disney juniors show

damn, I was worried about that. Well I guess NWH is officially not getting the spoiler sets until 2HY (if they exist to begin with)

Buildable Iron Man? Lol, what a random choice. I hope they'll be able to pull it off. I don't expect it to come with a minifig.

7 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

damn, I was worried about that. Well I guess NWH is officially not getting the spoiler sets until 2HY (if they exist to begin with)

There are 6 set numbers left, and there might be some which we don't even know of yet. Don't draw conclusions so quickly.

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

No, I think that one is right because Black Panther is supposed to be in the Spiderman show

Oooh, great catch! Totally forgot about it. Yeah, that makes sense now. Funny that it's the only non-4+ set based on the Juniors series.

4 hours ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Hopefully we also get a Deadpool mech in the next few years then. I’d love that. 

I dunno, Deadpool (after the 2016 movie) probably became too connected with its R-rating for Lego to even consider including him in a set. I hope I'm wrong, but we know that even Disney wants to keep him R-rated.

3 hours ago, EggBoi said:

Um I’m not sure you know this but kids these days don’t even know who the X-Men are aside maybe Deadpool and Wolverine. Try asking a kid these days who they’re favourite member of the X-Men is and they’ll be like: “Who?”

its just Avengers and Spider-Man to kids these days. Hell, they don’t even know who the Fantastic Four are.

Yeah sure, because X-Men haven't had a kid-friendly property in years. The recent X-Men movies we got were weak, while the good spin-offs were R-rated. 

Older kids, like teenagers, do know who X-Men are tho. You're underestimating how big of a brand they are.

I wish that buildable Iron Man was in the same style as the Harry & Hermione maxifigs, but it’s too inexpensive for that :tongue:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

29 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I wish that buildable Iron Man was in the same style as the Harry & Hermione maxifigs, but it’s too inexpensive for that :tongue:

Probably, buuuuuut…it is just a little less than half the price, and it would just come with one. Doubt it though.

Edited by Brickroll

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Buildable Iron Man? Lol, what a random choice. I hope they'll be able to pull it off. I don't expect it to come with a minifig.

There are 6 set numbers left, and there might be some which we don't even know of yet. Don't draw conclusions so quickly.

Oooh, great catch! Totally forgot about it. Yeah, that makes sense now. Funny that it's the only non-4+ set based on the Juniors series.

I dunno, Deadpool (after the 2016 movie) probably became too connected with its R-rating for Lego to even consider including him in a set. I hope I'm wrong, but we know that even Disney wants to keep him R-rated.

Yeah sure, because X-Men haven't had a kid-friendly property in years. The recent X-Men movies we got were weak, while the good spin-offs were R-rated. 

Older kids, like teenagers, do know who X-Men are tho. You're underestimating how big of a brand they are.

Yeah but older kids and teenagers aren’t really the number 1 main demographic for LEGO. Plus they want to cash in to the MCU and it’s characters so yeah unless LEGO wants to fully obey the will of older fans, LEGO is just gonna focus on what kids are into. 

4 hours ago, EggBoi said:

Yeah but older kids and teenagers aren’t really the number 1 main demographic for LEGO. Plus they want to cash in to the MCU and it’s characters so yeah unless LEGO wants to fully obey the will of older fans, LEGO is just gonna focus on what kids are into. 

That being said, LEGO creating X-Men sets will begin to introduce children to X-Men characters; LEGO could do this strategically with Disney with their new mutant oriented MCU film by introducing the comic versions of the characters from that upcoming film into sets.

They don't have to introduce anyone to X-Men before the movies - just look at Eternals or GoTG. Those movies came out of nowhere, and became hits.

Marvel will always sell, and they just want to prosper from the fact that they can use this property, not that they want to use to to introduce others to it.

I think y'all are overthinking this a little bit. They're probaly doing a Wolverine mech because he's cool and that's pretty much it.

14 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I think y'all are overthinking this a little bit. They're probaly doing a Wolverine mech because he's cool and that's pretty much it.

Exactly. The last surprise appearance of Wolverine - the Mighty Micro version - also wasn’t tied to anything specific and served no ulterior motive :shrug_oh_well:

4 hours ago, PGBQW said:

This.

They don't have to do any grand scheme of 'introducing kids to X-Men', or 'testing the grounds before MCU X-Men' - they do it because they can, and Wolverine is popular. That's it.

23 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Because it's an 18+ Sony PlayStation game coming in at least 3 years from now.

LEGO is still a giant company and you are a fan. I'm 100% sure they knew about the game before you did buddy

1 minute ago, bradreed715 said:

LEGO is still a giant company and you are a fan. I'm 100% sure they knew about the game before you did buddy

You're missing the whole point here. It just makes no sense to tie in to a game that won't release for at least 3 more years.

1 minute ago, PGBQW said:

You're missing the whole point here. It just makes no sense to tie in to a game that won't release for at least 3 more years.

No actually you are missing the whole point. I'm simply saying that the person I am talking to is obnoxious with thinking he knows more about the company in question and always leads to no discussion which is simply not true. I do not think that the set is based off of the game at all, I never said that but nice try bud. 

1 hour ago, bradreed715 said:

No actually you are missing the whole point. I'm simply saying that the person I am talking to is obnoxious with thinking he knows more about the company in question and always leads to no discussion which is simply not true. I do not think that the set is based off of the game at all, I never said that but nice try bud. 

Lmao, that person you're describing is no one else but you.

This is not how business and marketing works. Creators of a video game won't notify a toy company 5+ years before it releases just so they can make a random tie-in set. Not to mention that not only LEGO doesn't make sets based on Sony's video games, but Wolverine will be 18+.

20 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Lmao, that person you're describing is no one else but you.

This is not how business and marketing works. Creators of a video game won't notify a toy company 5+ years before it releases just so they can make a random tie-in set. Not to mention that not only LEGO doesn't make sets based on Sony's video games, but Wolverine will be 18+.

Again not what I'm saying. I'm saying that LEGO knows more about this stuff than you and if you could lessen your ego just a tiny bit there could actually be a quality discussion. But that's my thoughts, do what you want. 

On 10/7/2021 at 2:45 PM, ood0 said:

Since the classic cowl and the vampire hair are probably retired by now, do you think they'll use the classic Batman cowl from the DC CMF?

That's a good choice! I can see them using the First Appearance cowl.

From the Batman sets:

- Penguin’s torso/legs would make for a good Killgrave from Jessica Jones.

- Catwoman’s torso might be good for an MCU Mockingbird or Quake.

The Black Panther Mech sounds cool, I love Black Panther.

As for the Webquarters, if it looks anything like the other toy I have seen TV ads for, forget about it.

Super interested to see the buildable Iron Man. I know the going rumor is brick built, but that could very well pave the way for a potential brick-built replacement potential for a future of constraction themed characters. Wishful thinking I’m sure, but definitely looking forward to seeing it

I'll say it in here also: seems this is the first year without a comic con fig release for Marvel & DC. If there isn't anything next week for Fandome, then I don't expect anything for the mini SDCC in November.