Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

I honestly find it weird that those names don't match the ones we got with the leaked set numbers:

76202 Avengers Mech (Iron Man)

76203 Avengers Mech (Wolverine)

76204 Spider-Man Mech (Black Panther)

I heard a rumor that Wolverine could also be in the Avengers game as DLC so maybe that's why he was listed as part of being the Avengers mech. I don't remember where I got that source tho so take that with a grain of salt. But I'm most definitely sure this mech is supposed to tie in with the upcoming Wolverine game. So maybe just like with Thor, Iron Man, Captain America and Black Widow, his minifigure design will be based on what he'll end up looking like in the game.

Honestly a Hulk mech would be pretty freakin funny. Knowing LEGO, they'll do it. I do hope that the mech will also make a Wolverine line of sets. What I mean by that is:

a. LEGO would probably be making a Wolverine line of sets instead of a full on X-Men line, though I do believe that they will put some X-Men minifigures.

b. Wolverine is too popular and is the only X-Men character that kids know these days so they'll just do Wolverine license sets instead of an X-Men line of sets.

26 minutes ago, EggBoi said:

But I'm most definitely sure this mech is supposed to tie in with the upcoming Wolverine game.

The game doesnt come out next year tho

2 hours ago, EggBoi said:

But I'm most definitely sure this mech is supposed to tie in with the upcoming Wolverine game.

That game is still in early development, it won't come out for a few more years. This Wolverine Mech coming out in january is just a coincidence.

15 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

"As I live and breathe, the Wolverine."

I had a feeling Lego was going to cash in on the hype of the Wolverine PS5 game, but I didn't think it was going to be THIS soon. I was close to buying the 2012 minifigure off of BrickLink along with the cowl piece a few weeks ago, but this is even better. The amount of advancements that Lego has made with minifigures since the last time we got a proper Wolverine in 2014 is going to make this one the best one yet.

I hope it's an updated yellow/blue suit. The one from 2012 was great for the time, but maybe now he can finally have dual molded arms with the sleeves plus dual molded legs for the boots, and back printing that doesn't show the cowl pulled down (it looked awkward when you put the actual piece on him while you could still see the one that was on the back).

The game was announced not even a month ago - set development begins 18 months before it comes out, not 4.

9 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I honestly find it weird that those names don't match the ones we got with the leaked set numbers:

I think the same thing happened with some of the Endgame legacy sets - where the numbers were different or the names :shrug_oh_well:

12 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I think the same thing happened with some of the Endgame legacy sets - where the numbers were different or the names :shrug_oh_well:

Yeah, I'm not doubting those rumours as the most reliable leakers reported on them, I just find it weird how a Wolverine set is codenamed Avengers, or a Black Panther set is codenamed Spider-Man. 

Interesting about Wolverine's return as a LEGO version, very pleased to hear it! :sweet: 
It's probably a totally new minifigure, right? Since the previous one is years old (a decade, perhaps?) by now...

Regards,
Mitch

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The game was announced not even a month ago - set development begins 18 months before it comes out, not 4.

Game development begins quite a few months or years before it is announced. I don't get why you think you know about these properties at the same time that LEGO does

5 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

Interesting about Wolverine's return as a LEGO version, very pleased to hear it! :sweet: 
It's probably a totally new minifigure, right? Since the previous one is years old (a decade, perhaps?) by now...

Regards,
Mitch

Yes, the old one has definitely been retired for years now.

Just now, bradreed715 said:

Game development begins quite a few months or years before it is announced. I don't get why you think you know about these properties at the same time that LEGO does

Because:

1. Lego doesn't make sets based on Sony video games.

2. Why the hell would Insomniac inform Lego about making a game like this.

3. The game won't come out until 2024-2026.

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yes, the old one has definitely been retired for years now.

Because:

1. Lego doesn't make sets based on Sony video games.

2. Why the hell would Insomniac inform Lego about making a game like this.

3. The game won't come out until 2024-2026.

that still doesn't answer why you think LEGO would have no possible way to know about this game before you do

45 minutes ago, bradreed715 said:

that still doesn't answer why you think LEGO would have no possible way to know about this game before you do

Because it's an 18+ Sony PlayStation game coming in at least 3 years from now.

I think the mist realistic explanation as to why we are getting a Wolverine Mech is that:

Lego know that Wolverine will eventually be coming to the MCU. So they are starting to test the waters now, to see how well he sells with kids.

Hopefully  if it sells well and is popular we will maybe start to see a few more members of the x-men pop up in other sets.

12 minutes ago, JediJosh said:

Lego know that Wolverine will eventually be coming to the MCU. So they are starting to test the waters now, to see how well he sells with kids.

It's even more basic than that.

Marvel owns X-Men film rights now, so they are going to lean hard into elements of X-Men that sell well.

They made minimal X-merch when the Fox films were out because they didn't want to advertise a competitor. Not to mention, the only Lego sets to release sold extremely poorly.

Now they can do as they well.

23 hours ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

Very nice info, indeed! IIRC, mech figs are always are somehow reused in future sets, so Wolverine might appear in even more sets (perhaps X-Men themed sets)!

Just to correct myself, the Captain America mech fig was not reused later on.

20 hours ago, TobyAis said:

Probably but also, weirdly enough they really like to put helmet on Mech minifigs... Iron Man or Cap with helmets are understable but Thor was a bit surprising, and even Miles with the hood.

Yeah, I think LEGO likes to put a helmet/head accessory on the fig to make the it bulkier and give a better look to the mech as a whole, so I expect a cowl for Wolverine.

15 minutes ago, nintendude64 said:

It's even more basic than that.

Marvel owns X-Men film rights now, so they are going to lean hard into elements of X-Men that sell well.

They made minimal X-merch when the Fox films were out because they didn't want to advertise a competitor. Not to mention, the only Lego sets to release sold extremely poorly.

Now they can do as they well.

100%

56 minutes ago, JediJosh said:

I think the mist realistic explanation as to why we are getting a Wolverine Mech is that:

Hopefully  if it sells well and is popular we will maybe start to see a few more members of the x-men pop up in other sets.

It's not like they have to test waters with X-Men, they're one of the most popular teams ever, while Wolverine and Deadpool are some of the most popular Marvel characters.

Imo they just do it because they can.

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's not like they have to test waters with X-Men, they're one of the most popular teams ever, while Wolverine and Deadpool are some of the most popular Marvel characters.

Hopefully we also get a Deadpool mech in the next few years then. I’d love that. 

Edited by NeutralNoodle

56 minutes ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

Yeah, I think LEGO likes to put a helmet/head accessory on the fig to make the it bulkier and give a better look to the mech as a whole, so I expect a cowl for Wolverine.

Since the classic cowl and the vampire hair are probably retired by now, do you think they'll use the classic Batman cowl from the DC CMF?

55 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Um I’m not sure you know this but kids these days don’t even know who the X-Men are aside maybe Deadpool and Wolverine. Try asking a kid these days who they’re favourite member of the X-Men is and they’ll be like: “Who?”

its just Avengers and Spider-Man to kids these days. Hell, they don’t even know who the Fantastic Four are.

I'm definitely very interested in potentially getting a new Mark 43 figure but other than that this set just sounds like a hard pass. I'm so sick of unnecessary mech(-like) builds.

The webquarters is an interesting choice of a set to me since we just got that spiderman hideout

7 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

so the spider man web quarters and the spiderman at doc ock's set could potentially be NWH based

Based on what information?

9 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

so the spider man web quarters and the spiderman at doc ock's set could potentially be NWH based

No they are not they are based off the Disney juniors show