Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

If the rumors about the mechs are true, it's very exciting to get a Wolverine mech and what that might mean for LEGO X-Men going forward.

21 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

If the rumors about the mechs are true, it's very exciting to get a Wolverine mech and what that might mean for LEGO X-Men going forward.

Very exciting. Comic Iron Man and Black Panther sound cool too. 

24 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Very nice info, indeed! IIRC, mech figs are always are somehow reused in future sets, so Wolverine might appear in even more sets (perhaps X-Men themed sets)!

76204 was previously reported as a Spider-Man set and now it’s apparently the Black Panther mech, so the Black Panther figure might be based on his appearance in the “Spidey and His Amazing Friends” show that the 4+ sets are based on. 

"As I live and breathe, the Wolverine."

I had a feeling Lego was going to cash in on the hype of the Wolverine PS5 game, but I didn't think it was going to be THIS soon. I was close to buying the 2012 minifigure off of BrickLink along with the cowl piece a few weeks ago, but this is even better. The amount of advancements that Lego has made with minifigures since the last time we got a proper Wolverine in 2014 is going to make this one the best one yet.

I hope it's an updated yellow/blue suit. The one from 2012 was great for the time, but maybe now he can finally have dual molded arms with the sleeves plus dual molded legs for the boots, and back printing that doesn't show the cowl pulled down (it looked awkward when you put the actual piece on him while you could still see the one that was on the back).

12 minutes ago, TheBatstan said:

I had a feeling Lego was going to cash in on the hype of the Wolverine PS5 game, but I didn't think it was going to be THIS soon. I was close to buying the 2012 minifigure off of BrickLink along with the cowl piece a few weeks ago, but this is even better. The amount of advancements that Lego has made with minifigures since the last time we got a proper Wolverine in 2014 is going to make this one the best one yet.

I hope it's an updated yellow/blue suit. The one from 2012 was great for the time, but maybe now he can finally have dual molded arms with the sleeves plus dual molded legs for the boots, and back printing that doesn't show the cowl pulled down (it looked awkward when you put the actual piece on him while you could still see the one that was on the back).

the Wolverine game won't be coming out for a while, it is in very early stages of development. Don't expect it any time before 2023

49 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Wolverine mech? *huh*

I guess they're testing the waters, seeing how well Wolverine sells to kids nowadays compared to better known heroes from the MCU.

Looking forward to getting a comic-accurate Iron Man; the Mighty Micro version was close, but the helmet print was too cartoony for my tastes.

1 hour ago, TheBatstan said:

I think you're asking for a bit too much in a 9€ mech

22 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Yeah I probably am. Can I at least ask for the cowl piece to be included this time instead of just the hair piece?

Not gonna buy any of them but it's an interesting lineup.

10 minutes ago, TheBatstan said:

Yeah I probably am. Can I at least ask for the cowl piece to be included this time instead of just the hair piece?

That mold has definitely been retired at this point so I would expect to just get a hairpiece.

About What If…

in the end lego had did it good with the sharon carter figure. The uglier version (with the hydra stomper) is the older version of her. Or am i wrong here. 

i really hope for a vision-ultron figure along the way, and maybe party thor, erik killmonger and clint barton to round the series off in minifigstyle. GUARDIANS OF THE MULTIVERSE TO THE RESCUE!! 

about the mechs…

i just hope the figs will be great and i’ll buy them! A mech of wolverine could be cool with big claws. A mech of iron man could be a grey one? Like a first mark or something so it won’t be too similar like its predecessor.

25 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Not gonna buy any of them but it's an interesting lineup.

That mold has definitely been retired at this point so I would expect to just get a hairpiece.

Probably but also, weirdly enough they really like to put helmet on Mech minifigs... Iron Man or Cap with helmets are understable but Thor was a bit surprising, and even Miles with the hood.

8 hours ago, TobyAis said:

Hey guys, what do you think would be a better head for the Daily Bugle Doctor Connors on the billboard? left or right? (not sure since the head is clearly Peter's.. but with stubbles)
51556260227_d5f695c499o.jpg

The german soccer players have also figs with stubble. Maybe you can find a better suiting head in that series?

33 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I hope it's the 2021 Black Panther with arm and leg printing now but that's just wishful thinking :grin:

I’m not sure if any of the mech characters have gotten that level of detail before. Miles did get dual-molded legs but they were just the unprinted Batman ones. I’d love to be proven wrong, though. 

44 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I hope it's the 2021 Black Panther with arm and leg printing now but that's just wishful thinking :grin:

As much as I’d like it to be true, seems unlikely. I just hope it’s new Black Panther minifig and not reused 2020 version. As long as there’s leg prints he should be good.

If I were to guess, Wolverine's minifigure design will looks similar to Falcon's costume design to the Accessory pack. Looking modern and have some MCU style of layering while also being colorful and comic accurate. Or maybe they'll just give him a white tank top. I hope it's the Yellow and Brown suit mixed with some MCU style of layering like the Falcon from that Accessory set. 

8 hours ago, PGBQW said:

While I wouldn't count on him getting dual-molded legs and arms, I don't think at least one is off the table. The Miles minifig in the mech this year is amazing, though I'm not sure if might have been designed for the Bugle first then thrown in the mech after. 

19 minutes ago, EggBoi said:

If I were to guess, Wolverine's minifigure design will looks similar to Falcon's costume design to the Accessory pack. Looking modern and have some MCU style of layering while also being colorful and comic accurate. Or maybe they'll just give him a white tank top. I hope it's the Yellow and Brown suit mixed with some MCU style of layering like the Falcon from that Accessory set. 

I prefer they go with the blue and yellow look either as an update of 2012's Astonishing outfit with the proper mask or a more serious take on the Tiger Stripe outfit from the Mighty Micros set.

Whatever they go with I'm just glad to see another X-Men set coming out. Hopefully it does well enough to warrant more.

If the Iron Man mech is going to feature a classic comic version, then maybe they're going to go the same route with Wolverine and give us the classic yellow/blue he wore in the 70s when he first joined the X-Men compared to the 2012 minifigure that used the modern Astonishing suit that he wore in the 2000s.

At first glance it doesn't look like there's much of a difference, but it would help make the new version not be seen as a rehash of the old one. If it was up to me I'd want the Astonishing suit again since that's the design I grew up with, but after missing out on Wolverine twice, I'll take what I can get at this point.

W8UPl1F.png