Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Has there been any news on future Infinity Saga sets? Really hoping to see Ultron get redone, or to revisit Infinity War (I felt the actual sets made were a little disappointing).

6 minutes ago, Darkslayer said:

Has there been any news on future Infinity Saga sets? Really hoping to see Ultron get redone, or to revisit Infinity War (I felt the actual sets made were a little disappointing).

There's an Infinity Saga accessory/minifigure pack coming out, which suggests that the subtheme will at least continue into 2022.

Got a few of the Eternals and they really feel something new, very well done. Only complaint is the Ikaris fig not having laser eyes like in the trailer

On 9/30/2021 at 3:09 PM, Scarilian said:

Thor L&T includes a lot of characters: Star Lord, Drax, Groot, Rocket, Mantis, Nebula, Kraglin, Thor, Valkyrie, Jane, Sif, Korg, Meik and Gorr - and that is only the core cast members. I'd lean towards 3 sets minimum, perhaps 4.

Would make the most sense to re-use the Korg head piece and Miek in a Thor L&T set. I could see most the Guardians showing up in set form also, if they include Drax or Nebula in one of the more expensive sets then that would pair well with the Benetar which did not include either of them. Personally I think L&T is being looked over, despite it being one of the more larger casts of characters - even if the Guardians are not in a majority of the film they'll still likely get put in the toys because they'll help sell the film.

That's nothing compared to what's being rumored for DSitMoM though and none of those characters are going to make people's jaws hit the floor. 3 sets sure, but it's utterly absurd for DSitMoM to only get one measly $30 set when it's about blow the MCU wide open. That said, if Beta Ray Bill shows up in L&T I'll be incredibly stoked and I will absolutely demand a minifig of him.

Edited by ToaDraco

22 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

That's nothing compared to what's being rumored for DSitMoM though and none of those characters are going to make people's jaws hit the floor. 3 sets sure, but it's utterly absurd for DSitMoM to only get one measly $30 set when it's about blow the MCU wide open. That said, if Beta Ray Bill shows up in L&T I'll be incredibly stoked and I will absolutely demand a minifig of him.

That's a completely different case.

Love and Thunder's cast was officially revealed. We've seen set pictures etc., so the public knows that those characters are coming.

Most ITMoM characters weren't meant to be revealed, and they were leaked. That's why Lego only knows about a few characters, who can provide only 1 set.

As for Beta Ray, Taika Waitit has already confirmed that for now, they don't have plans for him to appear in L&T.

3 minutes ago, hvader said:

Just saw the new Eternals TV spot. Lego’s Deviant from 76154 is so accurate omg 

Yet another reason why Eternals is easily the best Marvel movie wave in years.

12 minutes ago, hvader said:

Just saw the new Eternals TV spot. Lego’s Deviant from 76154 is so accurate omg 

I thought the same thing!

The builds are not only amazing Lego builds, but they also are an accurate representation of how Deviants look in the movie. 

Best Lego wave for a new MCU movie since... I don't know how long. FFH and IW were great, but not nearly as great as Eternals. It may possibly be my favourite new MCU movie wave ever tbh.

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I thought the same thing!

The builds are not only amazing Lego builds, but they also are an accurate representation of how Deviants look in the movie. 

Best Lego wave for a new MCU movie since... I don't know how long. FFH and IW were great, but not nearly as great as Eternals. It may possibly be my favourite new MCU movie wave ever tbh.

If we get one spoiler NWH set, it may become my favorite MCU set of all time. Right now that distinction goes to the Sanctum Sanctorum Showdown

On 10/3/2021 at 7:34 AM, ToaDraco said:

MoM will probably have a single set in 1HY, as only 5 characters were officially announced: Wanda, Strange, Mordo, Wong & Chavez. If they decide to do more sets for MoM for other characters it'd be in the Summer wave or later. Meanwhile L&T officially revealed the Guardians and other members of the core cast, so it'd be more likely that Lego have a lot they can work with.

On 10/2/2021 at 10:58 PM, lego_guyon02 said:

There's an Infinity Saga accessory/minifigure pack coming out, which suggests that the subtheme will at least continue into 2022.

Calling it now, it will include Ronin and the War Machine MK5 :P

On 10/2/2021 at 10:51 PM, Darkslayer said:

I still hope 2022 gives us a D2C 'Stark/Avengers Tower' - would work well for the 10th anniversary and it gives you the chance to revisit characters from Avengers & Avengers: AoU, plus another Iron Man variant.

If we're going to get Ultron again then the most logical one to update would be the MK1 Ultron, his first appearance, and a D2C Avengers Tower would be a good way to include him. I feel Lego did an alright job, but it's clear they could vastly improve on that figure (Look what they did with Zombie Cap for instance)

How would you guys feel if we got a D2C Avengers Tower akin to the Daily Bugle next year, but it included Square Enix/comics-based characters instead of MCU ones? 
I wouldn’t mind, because the overall build would probably be very similar and it would be a nice way to get some exclusive comics-based characters, but I would also love an MCU one with updated figures from the first Avengers movie. 

16 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

How would you guys feel if we got a D2C Avengers Tower akin to the Daily Bugle next year, but it included Square Enix/comics-based characters instead of MCU ones? 
I wouldn’t mind, because the overall build would probably be very similar and it would be a nice way to get some exclusive comics-based characters, but I would also love an MCU one with updated figures from the first Avengers movie. 

I wouldn't be too excited for it honestly. the only other d2c sets I'd want would be X-Mansion or Oscorp. Both are unlikely though 

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

MoM will probably have a single set in 1HY, as only 5 characters were officially announced: Wanda, Strange, Mordo, Wong & Chavez. If they decide to do more sets for MoM for other characters it'd be in the Summer wave or later. Meanwhile L&T officially revealed the Guardians and other members of the core cast, so it'd be more likely that Lego have a lot they can work with.

Calling it now, it will include Ronin and the War Machine MK5 :P

I still hope 2022 gives us a D2C 'Stark/Avengers Tower' - would work well for the 10th anniversary and it gives you the chance to revisit characters from Avengers & Avengers: AoU, plus another Iron Man variant.

If we're going to get Ultron again then the most logical one to update would be the MK1 Ultron, his first appearance, and a D2C Avengers Tower would be a good way to include him. I feel Lego did an alright job, but it's clear they could vastly improve on that figure (Look what they did with Zombie Cap for instance)

wait with this logic wouldn't that mean the NWH Spoiler Set(s) (assuming they exist to begin with) would also be a 1HY release?

7 hours ago, NeutralNoodle said:

If that were the case I would definitely skip it, just like I did with the Bugle.

15 hours ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Honestly I got burn out of Avenger buildings lmao

Are any of you guys able to feel for minifigs anymore?

I ordered my first Marvel CMF (and first CMF since they switched over to the big bags) and I tried to feel who I got before opening it… and I couldn’t feel a dang thing. :laugh:

The bag they’re packaged in inside is so small that you can’t differentiate anything the way you used to. (Got Falcon btw, not sure if they package him differently bc of his wings or what).

On 10/3/2021 at 1:58 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That's a completely different case.

Love and Thunder's cast was officially revealed. We've seen set pictures etc., so the public knows that those characters are coming.

Most ITMoM characters weren't meant to be revealed, and they were leaked. That's why Lego only knows about a few characters, who can provide only 1 set.

As for Beta Ray, Taika Waitit has already confirmed that for now, they don't have plans for him to appear in L&T.

Darn, I was already luke-warm on Thor 4, that just makes it even less interesting to me. 

While true, not all of the cast revealed for Thor 4 are minifig-worthy. Obviously the 2 Thors and Gorr are and a lot of the others depend on how much screen time they get. Also, in a $30 set we're lucky if we get 3 figures, 4 max so not even all 5 main characters in DS2 will be made. That means it'll probably be DS, SW and America Chavez. 

Edited by ToaDraco

2 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Darn, I was already luke-warm on Thor 4, that just makes it even less interesting to me. 

While true, not all of the cast revealed for Thor 4 are minifig-worthy. Obviously the 2 Thors and Gorr are and a lot of the others depend on how much screen time they get. Also, in a $30 set we're lucky if we get 3 figures, 4 max so not even all 5 main characters in DS2 will be made. That means it'll probably be DS, SW and America Chavez. 

There are just 4 main characters - Strange, Wanda, Chavez and Wong. The rest are considered spoilers by Marvel.

With confirmation that Warlord Gamora and the Sakaarbuster are from the same universe it's so disappointing that they didn't just put Gamora in the set instead of Valkyrie (the armprinting and dualmolding wouldn't be a huge loss imo) to free up a CMF spot. At least the Sakaarbuster looked fairly accurate, which can't be said for the Hydra Stomper.

Looks like Peggy's hair in the Hydra Stomper set isnt innacurate after all

Hey guys, what do you think would be a better head for the Daily Bugle Doctor Connors on the billboard? left or right? (not sure since the head is clearly Peter's.. but with stubbles)
51556260227_d5f695c499o.jpg

7 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

Hey guys, what do you think would be a better head for the Daily Bugle Doctor Connors on the billboard? left or right? (not sure since the head is clearly Peter's.. but with stubbles)
[image]

I think a combination of features from both would be best but that answer isn’t helpful. I think left purely because of the stubble.

Edited by Anonknee Muss

5 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I think a combination of features from both would be best but that answer isn’t helpful. I think left purely because of the stubble.

Wait, left because of the stubble? am I missing your point or did you mean right?

1 minute ago, TobyAis said:

Wait, left because of the stubble? am I missing your point or did you mean right?

Oh sorry, I meant right :grin:

40 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

If you want one looking more like the face on the billboard, then definitely right.