Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

49 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I'll definitely keep using the 2017 helmet for Vulture. Damn that new print sucks.

I think that both of the previous Mysterio and Vulture minifigures look better than the new ones despite being inacurate.

On 9/22/2021 at 10:01 PM, upliftingbricks said:

Anyone know why Miles is called Spin in the show? I wonder if he'll be called that on the box.

Spin in Dutch means spider, so it would be a funny coincidence. We also had our first Dutch issues of Spider-Man back in the days which were called Spinneman. They just translated all the names from English to Dutch. One of the silliest was
Hulk aka Rauwe Bonk aka Raw/tuff lump. 

On 9/21/2021 at 2:32 AM, NetherCreeper said:

Also, I haven't really seen it here, but I've seen people worry the figs will be stylized like the old clone wars ones... not only did Lego stop doing that, but the style of this show lines up decently well with Lego's design style anyways, so I think we're good.

They did it with Teen Titans in their Dimension packs which was annoying. And the small cars with baby super heroes in it were kinda cartoonish as well

Edited by Borex

44 minutes ago, Borex said:

Spin in Dutch means spider, so it would be a funny coincidence. We also had our first Dutch issues of Spider-Man back in the days which were called Spinneman. They just translated all the names from English to Dutch. One of the silliest was
Hulk aka Rauwe Bonk aka Raw/tuff lump. 

As funny as that is, it'll never beat the original name Batman had in Sweden: Läderlappen :iamded_lol:

5 hours ago, PGBQW said:

I think that both of the previous Mysterio and Vulture minifigures look better than the new ones despite being inacurate.

I prefer the new ones, but to each their own :laugh:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

5 hours ago, PGBQW said:

I think Mysterio looks fantastic and I love Vulture's updated torso but that new helmet is just awful :sick:

46 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

As funny as that is, it'll never beat the original name Batman had in Sweden: Läderlappen :iamded_lol:

Leather patches?? :pir-oh: That’s totally Batman :rofl:

Do they still call him that overthere?

Oh wow, I love Vulture's face print :wub_drool:

11 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

ITMoM NEEDS more than 1. There are so many characters rumored to appear and in terms of scale and scope, it's going to be Endgame-level according to Benedict Cumberbatch. I'll be mad if it only gets one $30 set.

Perhaps in the future. But it's not like they'd reveal all those cameos to Lego, so we're getting only 1 set before the movie comes out, probably with just the main characters, like Strange, Wanda, Wong and Chavez.

2 hours ago, Borex said:

And the small cars with baby super heroes in it were kinda cartoonish as well

The Mighty Micros figures remind me a lot of the figures from the old cartoon Super Hero Squad Show...

Wish they covered up the mouth on the goggles side. The other side is pretty great though, definitely looks like the actor.

1 hour ago, ood0 said:

Wish they covered up the mouth on the goggles side. The other side is pretty great though, definitely looks like the actor.

The mouth is supposed to be covered by the oxygen tube so I don't see the problem.

16 minutes ago, doclord said:

The mouth is supposed to be covered by the oxygen tube so I don't see the problem.

My problem is that it would be a lot more usable for figbarfs if the mouth was covered

No description available.

This may or may not be real but if it's real, I can just imagine how awesome the minifugre would be.

If it's fake, then slap me.

9 hours ago, Borex said:

They did it with Teen Titans in their Dimension packs which was annoying. And the small cars with baby super heroes in it were kinda cartoonish as well

True, I had forgotten about those. I feel the mighty micros is kind of different though, that was Lego's stylistic choice. And I still stand by that the show's style matches Lego's style enough that they don't need to do anything weird to look accurate.

Saw the news of an updated DC encyclopedia with an exclusive fig. Not sure if this has been discussed before, but why are we not getting this for Marvel?

1 hour ago, EggBoi said:

This may or may not be real but if it's real, I can just imagine how awesome the minifugre would be.

It's fanmade, but if it wasn't, you shouldn't post leaks on this forum. They're pretty strict when it comes to that.

But yeah, if we get the minifig, it will look so awesome. The suit he'll have will be much more badass than the one in Spider-Man. 

1 hour ago, EggBoi said:

No description available.

It’s not real, just a fan concept, though I wouldn’t be surprised if this is close to how he appears in the film. No Way Home Gobby will make for a cool Lego fig regardless, especially if we could potentially get a Willem Dafoe face print under the helmet. (Assuming the figure has a helmet of course.)

16 minutes ago, The Stud said:

we could potentially get a Willem Dafoe face print under the helmet. (Assuming the figure has a helmet of course.)

Or if we don't, we should get the Kite-Man faceprint, which looks perfect for him

10 hours ago, Borex said:

Leather patches?? :pir-oh: That’s totally Batman :rofl:

Do they still call him that overthere?

‚Läderlappen’ is Swedish for ‚bat’, so it makes some sense at least :head_back: For native German speakers, this name also sounds hilarious (like ‚leather rag‘). I think they changed it to Batman once the 1989 film came out, probably realising that this wouldn‘t fly in a movie

5 hours ago, doclord said:

Exactly. As @ood0 says, this renders it less reusable, but at least it makes sense in the context of this figure.

17 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Or if we don't, we should get the Kite-Man faceprint, which looks perfect for him

Huh, hadn‘t thought of that. Kite-Man‘s faceprint almost looks like it was specifically made for Dafoe *oh2* Was he supposed to voice him at some point? :laugh_hard:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's fanmade, but if it wasn't, you shouldn't post leaks on this forum. They're pretty strict when it comes to that.

But yeah, if we get the minifig, it will look so awesome. The suit he'll have will be much more badass than the one in Spider-Man. 

Alright slap me.

1 hour ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

how many sets do you guys think Thor Love and Thunder will get? Since the film has a May release the set(s) would have to come out in either March or April

2 most likely, 3 if we’re lucky. Ragnarok got 2 sets so at least we can expect as many. 

Character wise we have Thor, Jane, Gor the god butcher and Valkyrie as bare minimum. Lady Sif, Korg and Miek are likely to be included too.

20 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

2 most likely, 3 if we’re lucky. Ragnarok got 2 sets so at least we can expect as many. 

Character wise we have Thor, Jane, Gor the god butcher and Valkyrie as bare minimum. Lady Sif, Korg and Miek are likely to be included too.

They've just made a Korg headpiece so he's 100% going to be in one of those sets.

4 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

do you think any of those set numbers that recently leaked are Thor related?

4 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

What's a figbarf?

As @lego_guyon02 said, its a pic of a bunch of purist figs. Like most things in the Lego community I think it came from Flickr.

And I agree with most people’s assessment - good face when it comes to the figure, little less useful for customs. I still don’t mind the ol Vulture though. The single helmet is nice.