Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Nah, it's just a random build. Marvel wouldn't give Lego concept arts like these if they haven't revealed the villains to them.

Then its a lucky accident

So four Lego minifigure series for next year... I'm starting to believe more and more that Lego will cash in yearly on the Disney+ shows and release a minifig series every year

9 minutes ago, kevkipo said:

So four Lego minifigure series for next year... I'm starting to believe more and more that Lego will cash in yearly on the Disney+ shows and release a minifig series every year

That would be a dream come true. Though hopefully next time they'll do a better job at picking characters.

1 minute ago, lego_guyon02 said:

That would be a dream come true. Though hopefully next time they'll do a better job at picking characters.

With all this stuff on the horizon for Disney+ next year, it shouldn't be too hard to pick. I'd bet that if it happens, She-Hulk, Moon Knight, Ms.Marvel, Secret Invasion and Hawkeye will be more than enough to make a roster of 12.

1 hour ago, kevkipo said:

Well one will be a standard Lego CMF series, another is meant to be Muppets based on leaks. So that leaves 2 left which could be out of

1. Disney Series 3 (I think this is likely but maybe less so with Micky and Friends theme)
  2. Harry Potter Series 3
  3. DC Series 2
  4. Marvel Series 2
  5. Star Wars???
  6. Some Unknown New Theme

Anyone think of anything else it could be? Good chance it could be Marvel Series 2 based on how few times Ive seen them on the shelves in store.

40 minutes ago, upliftingbricks said:

Well one will be a standard Lego CMF series, another is meant to be Muppets based on leaks. So that leaves 2 left which could be out of

1. Disney Series 3 (I think this is likely but maybe less so with Micky and Friends theme)
  2. Harry Potter Series 3
  3. DC Series 2
  4. Marvel Series 2
  5. Star Wars???
  6. Some Unknown New Theme

Anyone think of anything else it could be? Good chance it could be Marvel Series 2 based on how few times Ive seen them on the shelves in store.

With all the nostalgia CMF with Sesame Street, Looney Tunes, and the upcoming Muppets series, I'm curious if they'd do a Hanna-Barbera CMF (Flintstones, Yogi Bear, Scooby-Doo, Jetsons).

Also, wasn't there an article from a while back that suggested Lego could sell Marvel and Star Wars characters as standalone Minifigures? With this recent Cmf, I'm guessing Star Wars would be next.

What If…? Episode 7 is out!

Spoiler

I’m honestly not even mad they skipped this one in the LEGO tie-ins. Thor, Captain Marvel, Jane and Frigga were really the only major characters, and the only one of those that isn’t basically identical to a version we’ve previously gotten is Frigga - and that’s just because we’ve never gotten Frigga, ever. As much as I think we’d all love it if Frigga were in the CMF, I can understand why they passed over her.

One thing I’m really wondering at this point is; where is Heir of Thanos Gamora? There’s only one normal episode and the big ‘cross-timeline team up vs. Infinite Ultron’ episode left. We know the next episode is Tony Stark on Sakaar, we have the LEGO set as proof positive of that. Are we going to see Heir Gamora invade Sakaar? Or maybe she’ll be native to the same timeline as Infinite Ultron? Gah, every episode we go without seeing Gamora makes me more and more worried that she was just a concept that they wrote out. Wouldn’t be the first time LEGO got bad information or did something inaccurate, after all. 

Double spoilering for the twist ending;

Spoiler

WHY DIDN’T WE GET INFINITE ULTRON IN THE CMF?! Come on! He looked so cool coming through the portal! I want Infinite Ultron. I want an army building pack for him. I WILL GIVE YOU ALL THE MONIES YOU WANT LEGO JUST DO THIS!
Definitely thinking Ultron’s gonna hijack next week’s episode. One episode isn’t enough to contain him. I’m sorta hoping the last episode will be extra long, like with WandaVision, especially since there’s still a lot of clips and scenes from the trailers we haven’t seen yet.

3 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Hide contents

I’m honestly not even mad they skipped this one in the LEGO tie-ins. Thor, Captain Marvel, Jane and Frigga were really the only major characters, and the only one of those that isn’t basically identical to a version we’ve previously gotten is Frigga - and that’s just because we’ve never gotten Frigga, ever. As much as I think we’d all love it if Frigga were in the CMF, I can understand why they passed over her.

One thing I’m really wondering at this point is; where is Heir of Thanos Gamora? There’s only one normal episode and the big ‘cross-timeline team up vs. Infinite Ultron’ episode left. We know the next episode is Tony Stark on Sakaar, we have the LEGO set as proof positive of that. Are we going to see Heir Gamora invade Sakaar? Or maybe she’ll be native to the same timeline as Infinite Ultron? Gah, every episode we go without seeing Gamora makes me more and more worried that she was just a concept that they wrote out. Wouldn’t be the first time LEGO got bad information or did something inaccurate, after all. 

Reveal hidden contents

WHY DIDN’T WE GET INFINITE ULTRON IN THE CMF?! Come on! He looked so cool coming through the portal! I want Infinite Ultron. I want an army building pack for him. I WILL GIVE YOU ALL THE MONIES YOU WANT LEGO JUST DO THIS!
Definitely thinking Ultron’s gonna hijack next week’s episode. One episode isn’t enough to contain him. I’m sorta hoping the last episode will be extra long, like with WandaVision, especially since there’s still a lot of clips and scenes from the trailers we haven’t seen yet.

I swear, I'd rather get no minifigs at all than to get a minifigure of Jane as a civilian

4 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Gamora was seen in the recent trailer, so she is coming. And didn’t someone say that the SakaarBuster episode got pushed back to season 2?

I'm becoming more and more disappointed with some of the CMF choices. Party Thor and Loki, especially the latter, would make incredible minifigs. But bruh, I can't believe we didn't get Infinity Ultron. He'll probably be a pivotal character in this series.

Those choices suck altogether - Guardians of The Multiverse consist of 8 characters (Captain Carter, Doctor Strange Supreme, Party Thor, T'Challa Star-Lord, Gamora, Killmonger, Apocalypse Black Widow and The Watcher), and the villain is Ultron. It's all based on the poster that was revealed a while ago, that included those 8 characters under GoTM logo.

With 5 characters, imo they really should've just included Infinity Ultron, T'Challa Star-Lord, Captain Carter, Party Thor and Doctor Strange Supreme. That would've been perfect.

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Hmm? Avenger Classic sets? 

I wonder what they could be? Comic-styled minifigures? I dunno…

Probably, to go along with 3 mechs we're getting. 

I wouldn't count on it being part of The Infinity Saga subtheme, especially since they specifically named it 'Classic Avengers'.

So with 76205 likely being a Multiverse of Madness set, how many sets do you guys think each movie will get next year? I'm hoping Doctor Strange has at least one more we haven't heard about yet, and I think the other 3 movies all need at least 2 as well. Maybe even 3 for Black Panther.

So does anyone know if the ITMoM set includes 200+ or 300+ pieces? Because firstly the rumour had said 200+, but now on #legoleaks all we can see is 300+.

49 minutes ago, Wonkyeye1 said:

So with 76205 likely being a Multiverse of Madness set, how many sets do you guys think each movie will get next year? I'm hoping Doctor Strange has at least one more we haven't heard about yet, and I think the other 3 movies all need at least 2 as well. Maybe even 3 for Black Panther.

Those are just guesses for numbers and mini figures I expect us to get:

ITMoM: Just 1 set, and I expect it to include Strange, Wong, America Chavez and Wanda.

L&T: Definitely at least 2 sets, as the cast is STACKED. I expect Thor (2 different variants), Mighty Thor, Valkyrie, Sif, Gorr, Korg, Star-Lord and Rocket (I expect to get at least one Guardian, those 2 would make sense), and maybe even more minifigs.

WF: I'd say 2, they definitely need to include Nakia, Okoye, Shuri and Namor. I hope they expand more on the lore and include M'Baku, Ramona and more Atlantean characters though, and even Ironheart (she probably won't suit-up in this movie tho).

TM: We don't know much about the villains and supporting characters, but since it's kinda a team-up movie with 3... Marvels, I expect us to get 2 sets. We'll definitely get Captain, Ms. Marvel, Monica and Zawe Ashton's villain.

Has anyone else put themselves through watching an episode of Spidey and his Amazing Friends? The Webquarters is definitely going to be a junior version of the Spider Lair set this year looking at it. Trace-E might be a cool new mold for a spider bot tho. Anyone know why Miles is called Spin in the show? I wonder if he'll be called that on the box.

Edited by upliftingbricks

14 minutes ago, upliftingbricks said:

Has anyone else put themselves through watching an episode of Spidey and his Amazing Friends? The Webquarters is definitely going to be a junior version of the Spider Lair set this year looking at it. Trace-E might be a cool new mold for a spider bot tho. Anyone know why Miles is called Spin in the show? I wonder if he'll be called that on the box.

I guess they call Miles that so that they don’t have two Spider-Man(s) in the show but also aren’t referring to him by his secret identity. Spin is kind of a random name for him, though I get what they’re trying to do there. (“Spinning a web.”)

49 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

ITMoM: Just 1 set, and I expect it to include Strange, Wong, America Chavez and Wanda.

L&T: Definitely at least 2 sets, as the cast is STACKED. I expect Thor (2 different variants), Mighty Thor, Valkyrie, Sif, Gorr, Korg, Star-Lord and Rocket (I expect to get at least one Guardian, those 2 would make sense), and maybe even more minifigs.

WF: I'd say 2, they definitely need to include Nakia, Okoye, Shuri and Namor. I hope they expand more on the lore and include M'Baku, Ramona and more Atlantean characters though, and even Ironheart (she probably won't suit-up in this movie tho).

TM: We don't know much about the villains and supporting characters, but since it's kinda a team-up movie with 3... Marvels, I expect us to get 2 sets. We'll definitely get Captain, Ms. Marvel, Monica and Zawe Ashton's villain.

Solid detective work, though I worry that Wong will be left out of the $30 ITMoM set as LEGO tends to only include three minifigures in $30 Marvel sets, and on the occasions they do include more than 3 (like in the Shang-Chi car chase set) they’re usually non-exclusive ones that come in other sets, which wouldn’t work since Doctor Strange is only getting one. (Unless Strange himself is reused from the NWH set, then maybe new variants of the other three could be included.)

Otherwise, I see your theory being pretty on point.

Also, count me in on hoping that one of the series next year is a Marvel one. I know it didn’t work out the other times Lego has done a Licensed Series 2 a year after the first, but with how well this year’s Marvel series has done already, and with all the hype for the numerous D+ shows, it would make sense for them to do an annual Marvel CMF. (Though of course, by the time Lego was planning next year’s series out, they had no way of knowing the Marvel CMF would perform so well, so we’ll have to wait and see.)

Edited by The Stud

Just noticed we're at Page 600, that's quite something I have to say :oh:

35 minutes ago, The Stud said:

Solid detective work, though I worry that Wong will be left out of the $30 ITMoM set as LEGO tends to only include three minifigures in $30 Marvel sets, and on the occasions they do include more than 3 (like in the Shang-Chi car chase set) they’re usually non-exclusive ones that come in other sets, which wouldn’t work since Doctor Strange is only getting one. (Unless Strange himself is reused from the NWH set, then maybe new variants of the other three could be included.)

I feel like this is the rule: 10€ - 2 minifigs, 20€ - 3 minifigs, 30€ - 3 / 4 minifigs and 40€ - 4 minifigs. This year we got three 30€ sets - one with 2 minifigs (and Miek), another with 3, and the last one with 4. That means that they can include 4 when they feel like it's necessary.

There was a comicbook cover with an ITMoM artwork revealed a while ago, and it seems like they are promoting the movie with 4 characters - Strange, Wong, Wanda and Chavez. I think that they'll include those 4.

21 hours ago, The Stud said:

Also, count me in on hoping that one of the series next year is a Marvel one. I know it didn’t work out the other times Lego has done a Licensed Series 2 a year after the first, but with how well this year’s Marvel series has done already, and with all the hype for the numerous D+ shows, it would make sense for them to do an annual Marvel CMF. (Though of course, by the time Lego was planning next year’s series out, they had no way of knowing the Marvel CMF would perform so well, so we’ll have to wait and see.)

I have found it weird that for most product types they have equivalents from different themes competing with each but not with cmfs, (I guess videyo almost counts).

On 9/22/2021 at 2:27 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

ITMoM NEEDS more than 1. There are so many characters rumored to appear and in terms of scale and scope, it's going to be Endgame-level according to Benedict Cumberbatch. I'll be mad if it only gets one $30 set.