Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

2 minutes ago, The Stud said:

Well, that’s going to be super disappointing if that Juniors Spidey show is what the rumored set list of four 4+ sets is based on.

4+ sets being based on a show for kids around that same age sounds absolutely perfect to me. 

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Bruh if that list was actually true and we're getting four 4+ sets based on a Disney Junior Spider-Man series...

B R U H

they are 4+ sets anyway, personally they never interest me no matter how awesome the figs may be 

1 minute ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

I am really starting to doubt the hypothetical second wave of NWH sets. I really don't want to hold my breath for sets that may not even exist to begin with 

I would wait till summer before really doubting

Just now, TurnOffTheDark said:

I am really starting to doubt the hypothetical second wave of NWH sets. I really don't want to hold my breath for sets that may not even exist to begin with 

Why would you doubt that now? It's not like they'd be coming in a month or two.

We don't know which month the (hypothetical) sets would release - would it be January? March? Or maybe even June? No one knows, and it's probably too early to tell.

2 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

A hypothetical spoiler wave of NWH sets would be more likely to come out in 2HY.

3 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

4+ sets being based on a show for kids around that same age sounds absolutely perfect to me. 

I suppose you’re right, though this show seems like it’s aired even more so for a Duplo market. (Could be wrong about that though.) At the very least, we’ll get new minifig designs rather than more retreads. I guess this is a spiritual successor to those Mighty Micros sets from a few years back.

I just think it’s funny that people have been discussing hypothetical Infinity Saga and No Way Home sets, and then this is the first piece of Marvel 2022 news we hear. :laugh:

Edited by The Stud

1 minute ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

they are 4+ sets anyway, personally they never interest me no matter how awesome the figs may be 

Yeah, I had that same logic until this year - 4+ Captain America and Far From Home sets are absolutely great. I wouldn't buy a 30€+ 4+ set, seeing as the build(s) would really start to feel lacking at this size, but a small pack of random builds with some amazing minifigs works great for me.

I wouldn't say they look good when displayed as standalone sets, but when they are a sort of an additional to bigger sets, they look pretty cute.

6 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

A hypothetical spoiler wave of NWH sets would be more likely to come out in 2HY.

the only thing we have to go off of is fulcrum's word. I dm'd him and he said he is 90% sure they exist. Idk what that 10% hesitation comes from

That show’s Doc Ock design looks pretty great so I’m with it. :thumbup:

Hopefully they give us that nice detailed purple Spider-Gwen design too like they did with the DUPLO set because every single one of Lego’s Spider-Gwens have been :sick: The current version’s pink and blue is barely visible at all and the legs need boots sooo badly.

43 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

the only thing we have to go off of is fulcrum's word. I dm'd him and he said he is 90% sure they exist. Idk what that 10% hesitation comes from

Sure, but just because we don't have a clear confirmation doesn't mean they don't exist.

Just look at this like this - we'll get ITMoM set(s) in just 3.5 months, and we haven't even had a hint that the set(s) are coming. We know they are because of pure logic and a pattern, but no one even mentioned them.

For (hypothetical) NWH 2nd wave, we won't hear about it for some time. The sets would include spoilers, so Marvel would hold off any type of leaks as much as they can. It would be pretty awkward if we knew about them before the movie comes out. They probably aren't January sets, and it's way too early for information about secretive sets like those (if they exist in the first place).

Not to mention the fact that given the scope of NWH, there absolutely will be a massive merchandising push for the film sooner or later, probably after the second trailer. I can’t imagine that’s a pie Lego would want to miss a piece of.

The October No Way Home wave on its own merits is quite good, but I’m a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to Spidey sets and love location-based builds for him to thwip around. If these two additional sets do exist, I hope they’re on the larger side and reflect the improved quality of MCU sets Lego has shown us this year.

Edited by T21Typhoon

41 minutes ago, T21Typhoon said:

Not to mention the fact that given the scope of NWH, there absolutely will be a massive merchandising push for the film sooner or later, probably after the second trailer. I can’t imagine that’s a pie Lego would want to miss a piece of.

The October No Way Home wave on its own merits is quite good, but I’m a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to Spidey sets and love location-based builds for him to thwip around. If these two additional sets do exist, I hope they’re on the larger side and reflect the improved quality of MCU sets Lego has shown us this year.

I want them as badly as everyone else, but I just don't want to hold my breath for hypothetical sets 

Looking into the Spidey and His Amazing Friends Series that the winter wave seems to be based on, here's a list of characters from it that could potential appear in the sets:

Spider-Man (Duh)

Miles Morales (all but guaranteed to be included)

Spider-Gwen (same here)

Doc Ock (confirmed by Fulcrum)

Green Goblin (Very probable)

Rhino (Hopefully included, but will probably just get skipped over again)

Hulk (I feel like there won't be non-Spider heroes included in these sets, but I could be wrong)

Black Panther (see above)

Ms. Marvel (LEGO will probably hold off to do an MCU version later)

Venom (Not actually in the show to my knowledge, but do you think LEGO cares?)

3 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Venom (Not actually in the show to my knowledge, but do you think LEGO cares?)

Haha this is good

51 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Well, at least we're getting Rhino, I guess that's cool...

(Fulcrum just confirmed it).

this is the first time we're getting him since 2014, and of course it is a kiddy juniors version 😭

9 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

this is the first time we're getting him since 2014, and of course it is a kiddy juniors version 😭

At least his design in the series is actually pretty comic accurate. It's a guy in a Rhino suit, and you can see his face. 

Wonder how they handle him, I mean whether he'll end up a minifig or a bigfig. Nevertheless, great to finally get a more comic accurate Rhino.

Rhino being included means I'm probably going to be buying at least whatever set he's included in.  Hopefully he is a bigfig, which should be possible for 4+ sets considering Hulk was in a 4+ set last year.  They can just reuse the new Thanos mold and either make a new helmet mold, or just attach a horn directly to the top head stud if they don't want to make a new mold.

11 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

They can just reuse the new Thanos mold and either make a new helmet mold, or just attach a horn directly to the top head stud if they don't want to make a new mold.

A new helmet mold isn't necessary, they can just attach a horn directly to the head (like you said) or put a 1x1 modified plate with a vertical clip on it to more accurately position his horn.

1 hour ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

That’s all that dummy deserves :laugh_hard: (Sorry,  can’t stand Rhino and Electro, especially their ridiculous designs in pretty much all their incarnations)

1 minute ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That’s all that dummy deserves :laugh_hard: (Sorry,  can’t stand Rhino and Electro, especially their ridiculous designs in pretty much all their incarnations)

the ps4 designs are goated 

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

At least his design in the series is actually pretty comic accurate. It's a guy in a Rhino suit, and you can see his face. 

Wonder how they handle him, I mean whether he'll end up a minifig or a bigfig. Nevertheless, great to finally get a more comic accurate Rhino.

I actually like the 2014 one, it is loosely based off TASM 2 Rhino (I say loosely because ik some person in this thread will be like "UMMMM ACTUALLY THEY LOOK NOTHING ALIKE" lmao

4 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Insomniac would like to see you :tongue:

4 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

what if they were dolls?

Stop :tongue:

25 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Not even Insomniac's designs? Imo they are perfect.

When it comes to Electro for me, nothing will ever top his design from The Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon. Turning his entire head into electricity and having it resemble his mask from the comics was the perfect modernization. I never liked it when some designs took the cowards way out and put the mask pattern on his face like it was a type of facial scar. But I'd really like to get the classic masked version as a minifigure (eventually) just to have it match and complete the classic Sinister Six designs from the 2016 sets.

As for Rhino, it only took 6/nearly 7 years since his last appearance in 2015 to show up again, so it's about damn time he gets another shot. I would've preferred if he came in a regular comic set with his classic appearance that uses a standard grey big fig body instead of making him look overly armored, but beggars can't be choosers. I just hope he's still a big fig in this instead of a regular minifigure and doesn't look too kiddish, but his look in the show isn't giving me much hope.

On the bright side, at least he's a guy in a suit in it instead of being in a Transformers mech again. The design kind of looks like a chibi version of how he appeared in the Web of Shadows video game when you put the two side by side:

OFIry1J.png