Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Shang Chi was a GREAT movie and is one of my favorite Marvel movies. Shame LEGO made sets that are just terrible for my taste. Really holding out for a better Shang Chi figure one day.

I can’t wait to see his role in the rest of this Marvel phase.

Only place I’ve found the Marvel CMF series in the wild has been Barnes and Noble. They hide them behind the counter and don’t let you feel them. Literally no other places have them in-store. Not at Target, not at Walmart, etc. Just curious if other Midwest folks have seen any and where. Thanks. 

2 hours ago, BitByBrick said:

Only place I’ve found the Marvel CMF series in the wild has been Barnes and Noble. They hide them behind the counter and don’t let you feel them. Literally no other places have them in-store. Not at Target, not at Walmart, etc. Just curious if other Midwest folks have seen any and where. Thanks. 

I finished my set at my Barnes and Noble as they were on the shelf. They actually had them in two spots in the store, almost left and then ran across an almost full box on a back display. I've seen them start cropping up at Target and got a handful at Walmart. Best of luck.

My Walmart had an empty box sitting on the shelf about a week ago.   Asked a stock person if there were anymore in back and was told probably not but some would probably get restocked in a day or two.  Nothing in Target so far.  I need to find some of the ones I'm missing so I can swap for the doubles I got in the two 6 pack  boxes I ordered from Target so I've been resisting checking my local Barnes & Noble.   Walmart online stock check claims they have them in my local store but they must be hiding them in the stockroom because I'm in there several times each week but I've yet to find any and asking the help in store hasn't yielded any success so far.

10 hours ago, Childe_Roland said:

I finished my set at my Barnes and Noble as they were on the shelf. They actually had them in two spots in the store, almost left and then ran across an almost full box on a back display. I've seen them start cropping up at Target and got a handful at Walmart. Best of luck.

Do you or anyone think that the will come back in stock in places like lego.com? Having a hard time finding them too. 

Kinda a random thought, but I'm think I'm gonna hold off buying Sanctum Workshop set.

When it was first revealed I loved it, but I'm starting to dislike it more and more. Minfigures are great - but we'll get Strange and Wong in ITMoM sets. The build not not only looks really unfinished and like a random mess of things, but it's also made-up by Lego. None of that will appear in the movie. Same goes for the random creature.

I'll probably just wait to see if we get more NWH sets, as I need a representation of this movie. If I bought that set and we would get more sets, then I would feel REALLY outdated and really random compared to the others. If we don't (I hope that's not an option tho), I'll buy it someday I guess.

Other 2 are a must tho, the villains looks fantastic and I need them.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Kinda a random thought, but I'm think I'm gonna hold off buying Sanctum Workshop set.

When it was first revealed I loved it, but I'm starting to dislike it more and more. Minfigures are great - but we'll get Strange and Wong in ITMoM sets. The build not not only looks really unfinished and like a random mess of things, but it's also made-up by Lego. None of that will appear in the movie. Same goes for the random creature.

I'll probably just wait to see if we get more NWH sets, as I need a representation of this movie. If I bought that set and we would get more sets, then I would feel REALLY outdated and really random compared to the others. If we don't (I hope that's not an option tho), I'll buy it someday I guess.

Pretty much exactly the other way around for me. The Sanctum has some great figures that, aside from Spidey, are probably not going to be reused as ItMoM will most likely feature Strange in his new costume and Wong in something way less specific than a winter coat. The build also looks pretty cool and it doesn't even really matter if it ends up being accurate to the movie or not as it has a ton of really neat parts.

The 2 smaller sets also have great figures but the builds are honestly awful with barely any useful pieces. I do want the figs (bar Fury) but I'll just wait to see if any of them are reused in the potential spoiler wave, if not I'll get them off BL. 

54 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Pretty much exactly the other way around for me. The Sanctum has some great figures that, aside from Spidey, are probably not going to be reused as ItMoM will most likely feature Strange in his new costume and Wong in something way less specific than a winter coat. The build also looks pretty cool and it doesn't even really matter if it ends up being accurate to the movie or not as it has a ton of really neat parts.

The 2 smaller sets also have great figures but the builds are honestly awful with barely any useful pieces. I do want the figs (bar Fury) but I'll just wait to see if any of them are reused in the potential spoiler wave, if not I'll get them off BL. 

Yeah, I get it. I'll just wait to see how Lego handles ITMoM sets and (hypothetical) 2nd NWH wave. The build just doesn't do it for me, and minifigs aren't a must. I love getting new MCU Spider-Man villains, and this set just doesn't represent the movie well enough for me.

As for the other sets, the builds are crap, I agree. The 4+ set is a 4+ set, while the huge drone is such a random thing to do.

I love the minifigs tho - Spidey in my 2nd favourite live-action suit, more accurate Mysterio, Fury (I don't actually have this minifig yet), Spidey in Black & Gold suit (I love the design and the golden webbing), and an accurate Vulture. Seeing as both of them are only 20€, I'll definitely get them. 

53 minutes ago, Undi3sss said:

Speaking of ITMoM sets, I hope so badly we get a modular Sanctum Sanctorum to go next to the Daily Bugle.

For ITMoM? There is no chance.

As another modular D2C Marvel set, that would be lovely.

8 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Agreed 100%. I can imagine them reusing the same Strange (or at least that cool cape) and Wong in a coat does nothing for me, especially since I already have a Wong.

The build isn’t anytning iconic or really interesting, although it looks fun for kids ofc. 

Plus I can see them reusing that Spider-Man in the next NWH wave of sets.

The only one I’ll definitely be picking up is the 4+ set :drool: it has everything i’ve wanted since 2019

21 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

Agreed 100%. I can imagine them reusing the same Strange (or at least that cool cape) and Wong in a coat does nothing for me, especially since I already have a Wong.

The build isn’t anytning iconic or really interesting, although it looks fun for kids ofc. 

Plus I can see them reusing that Spider-Man in the next NWH wave of sets.

The only one I’ll definitely be picking up is the 4+ set :drool: it has everything i’ve wanted since 2019

Stranger is getting a new, more comic accurate costume in ITMoM, so they'll give him new torso and legs and reuse the rest. Wong will appear in a much cooler suit too. So yeah, those 2 from Sanctum Workshop do nothing for me too.

9 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Stranger is getting a new, more comic accurate costume in ITMoM, so they'll give him new torso and legs and reuse the rest. Wong will appear in a much cooler suit too. So yeah, those 2 from Sanctum Workshop do nothing for me too.

Would you then argue that while having crossovers in the films makes for interesting stories, it blights the marketing and merchandising? All they’ve done is create a set for completists.

9 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

Would you then argue that while having crossovers in the films makes for interesting stories, it blights the marketing and merchandising? All they’ve done is create a set for completists.

I feel it really depends on how they handle the sets.

Because if they make a set for a new SPIDER-MAN movie, but ½ of the minifigs and all the builds are Doctor Strange themed, then yes. It feels like it's from a new Doctor Strange movie and Spidey is the supporting character.

But for example if they made a Spider-Man set with a Spidey-related build (or just a random vehicle etc.), with Spider-Man villains, and to that set they just added Strange or even also Wong, then no. It's a nice addition.

It's not a problem for Funko POPs or Hasbro action figures, but it's a problem for Lego sets.

32 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I feel it really depends on how they handle the sets.

Because if they make a set for a new SPIDER-MAN movie, but ½ of the minifigs and all the builds are Doctor Strange themed, then yes. It feels like it's from a new Doctor Strange movie and Spidey is the supporting character.

But for example if they made a Spider-Man set with a Spidey-related build (or just a random vehicle etc.), with Spider-Man villains, and to that set they just added Strange or even also Wong, then no. It's a nice addition.

It's not a problem for Funko POPs or Hasbro action figures, but it's a problem for Lego sets.

I get you. If Strange and Wong don’t change costumes/looks between NWH and MoM, then that set is potentially pointless. 

12 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

I get you. If Strange and Wong don’t change costumes/looks between NWH and MoM, then that set is potentially pointless. 

They'll both have new designs for ITMoM.

I am just really disappointed that Strange is a regular Strange, whole Wong is wearing a Winter coat. They should've either make both of them wear Winter clothes, or none of them. I also really dislike Wong's face - it looks too young and too thin. Looks like he's in his 20s. 

7 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I am just really disappointed that Strange is a regular Strange, whole Wong is wearing a Winter coat. They should've either make both of them wear Winter clothes, or none of them. 

I personally love that we're finally getting an accurate Strange fig as the Doctor Strange figure was, as is common with the theme, based on outdated concept art and then reused for Infinity War without any updates (aside from the hair). And it's really easy to make a pretty decent custom of Strange's winter outfit if you want to have it.

40 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Anyone else seen Fulcrum’s Olivia Ock post?

Sounds like we might be getting Into The Spider-Verse sets in the same vein as these Infinity Saga sets? Or, more likely, she’s being included in some generic Spidey set in the winter wave. Either way, she should be a cool figure. I’m looking forward to seeing how they do the tentacles.

I already got my full set of Marvel CMFs but just out of curiosity, and for thrill of the hunt since I do want duplicates of some figures, I’ve been looking for them at various different stores. I’ve been to three Targets, three Lego Stores and a Legoland Discovery Center, all across two different states, since they came out and have not found a single one in the wild. Craziness.

Edited by The Stud

13 minutes ago, The Stud said:

I already got my full set of Marvel CMFs but just out of curiosity, and for thrill of the hunt since I do want duplicates of some figures, I’ve been looking for them at various different stores. I’ve been to three Targets, three Lego Stores and a Legoland Discovery Center, all across two different states, since they came out and have not found a single one in the wild. Craziness.

Barnes and Noble will list them under Store Availability, and Kohl's also has luck with Minifigures. 

On 9/11/2021 at 6:57 PM, Marvelous Spidey said:

Anyone else have distribution issues with a full box of the CMFs? I ordered a box from MinifiguresPlus on Brickset’s forum and ended up with 3 extra Loki’s 😵💫 and missing 2 Sylvie’s and a Sam Wilson Captain America

I just opened my box from MinifiguresPlus and I have 5 Loki’s and only 1 Sylvie. I guess that confirms that. 

Edited by HarmfulEmpire

Turns out it was actually Lady Ock from the new Spidey kids show. Which confirms what the Junior wave will be themed around.

Bruh.

Well, that’s going to be super disappointing if that Juniors Spidey show is what the rumored set list of four 4+ sets is based on.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. :/

Oh well, winter wave stuff usually doesn’t excite me nearly as much as the summer/fall stuff anyway.

Edited by The Stud