Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, snoozle said:

If they release a new series in February/March of 2022

not a chance

2 minutes ago, snoozle said:

They got the new cms series on shelves in local stores today. Grabbed 10, got only 3 duplicates, pretty happy about that. :-) Can't feel the bags anymore due to covid rules. Will bricklink the rest as soon as local sellers put them up for sale. In person, I have to say these figures are amazing. The details are ridiculous. Now that TLG has shown what they really can do with a cmf series, I hope they step up and give us detailed figs with leg printing et.al for the main Avengers also at some point. The Scarlet Witch is great. Of course, I would've ideally wanted the crown to be dual molded, but it's no biggie. Gave her the dark red skirt from a previous version of Wanda to make it even more accurate. Didn't get Loki or Captain Carter, two of my other favourites, can't wait to get them!

Wondering when Marvel cmf series 2 is out. Seeing as the MCU pours out new content continuously, isn't it a good bet that we'll get the next series pretty soon? Once a year seems like it's not often enough due to the amount of shows Marvel is making. Especially if they do only 12 figures every time. They'll have to much to cover. If they release a new series in February/March of 2022, they have Hawkeye and presumably She-Hulk to take from. Not to speak of a plethora of unused characters from previous shows. Personally, I'm hoping we'll get Agatha, Billy and Tommy, Zemo (with mask), US Agent, Moebius, Miss Minutes, Hunter B-15 and Kang down the line. One can only hope... :-)

But seriously, I don't see the Marvel CMF series 2 releasing before 2023. And by that point I really dont see them revisiting old characters since they'll already have stuff to cover 

After watching Shang-Chi, I'm a little disappointed in the sets that we did get. I get that this was a busy year for the theme, but there was a lot of beautiful architecture that could have translated well to sets.

3 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

After watching Shang-Chi, I'm a little disappointed in the sets that we did get. I get that this was a busy year for the theme, but there was a lot of beautiful architecture that could have translated well to sets.

I'm personally not at all disappointed with the Battle at the Ancient Village set, it's got a great build and includes desirable variants of some of the most important characters. The Escape from the Ten Rings set on the other hand is definitely a disappointment, if one were to Bricklink Katy and Razorfist (which I'm planning on doing) you're really not missing out on anything.

It would be really cool if we could get an additional set based on Ta-Lo with a temple, a brickbuilt Guardian Lion (not a spoiler as we saw them in the trailers) and some of the missing characters and variants. A small battlepack-like set with some Ten Rings footsoldiers would also be really cool.

I honestly think that the Shang-Chi sets were made before Lego started putting more effort into the Marvel sets - more accurate characters and builds, with more details and prints. Eternals, The Infinity Saga and Spider-Man sets are all stunning. 

Just got all Marvel Cmf and it’s pretty impressive! Monica obviously stands out as least detailed figure of the bunch and odd choice( should have been Agatha instead). Same with Sylvie, who lacks her cape, leg print, more accurate face and better sword piece. And finally Gamora we s much better than we expected form pictures! She is nicely detailed, but definitely needed shoulder armor piece to complete bulky armor look, and new piece for Thanos sword.

The rest of the figures in the series are great(not perfect) and if you liked these D+ shows are a must buy.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I honestly think that the Shang-Chi sets were made before Lego started putting more effort into the Marvel sets - more accurate characters and builds, with more details and prints. Eternals, The Infinity Saga and Spider-Man sets are all stunning. 

I haven’t seen the movie yet, but I really hope that it is a success so LEGO can eventually come back to it and make more sets

25 minutes ago, hvader said:

I haven’t seen the movie yet, but I really hope that it is a success so LEGO can eventually come back to it and make more sets

I sure hope so, there's so much stuff they could do with figures in particular. Without spoilers: 
- Improved heads for all the characters, save Death Dealer, they did in the 2 sets we got (they did every single one of the actors/actresses so dirty)
- Updated Wenwu, his torso and legs look great but sadly they're not that accurate
- Wenwu's white robes
- Xialing's black robes
- Ying Li
- Ying Nan
- Ten Rings footsoldiers

And with a small spoiler (even though Marvel themselves revealed it before the film even came out): 

Spoiler

- The man himself: Trevor Slattery

Edited by lego_guyon02
Forgot to add Wenwu's white robes and Ying Li.

Went back today after confirming with my Lego store they had CMF inventory. 

- They appeared to only have one box, and were limiting purchases to two per person

- They weren’t sorted, and the associates didn’t seem like they were intending on doing it (which is fine, but I feel weird doing the feeling myself)

- Thankfully I only was chasing Spider-Man, so I felt through myself and got him on the third bag I felt.

2 hours ago, TMNTerrapin said:

Went back today after confirming with my Lego store they had CMF inventory. 

- They appeared to only have one box, and were limiting purchases to two per person

- They weren’t sorted, and the associates didn’t seem like they were intending on doing it (which is fine, but I feel weird doing the feeling myself)

- Thankfully I only was chasing Spider-Man, so I felt through myself and got him on the third bag I felt.

My store has the exact same problem. I might try again next week

I've just seen Shang-Chi, and I think it just became my favourite MCU movie. Simply incredible :wub:

That is why my disappointment in those sets is even greater.

Great Protector is great, love this build. But the 30€ set is a mess with inaccurate builds (might be the wrong word, as they haven't even appeared in the film)...

Minifigures are also so bad. Shang-Chi without a new face and dual-moulded arms with a regular brown stick... Wenwu with the most generic face ever... Death Dealer with his ponytail printed on the back of his face... Razor Fist with black hair... I do like Xialing and Katy tho. Not as much as I could, but compared to the other they do look better (especially the latter).

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

Does anyone know where I could find specific cmf figures for close to retail price? None of my stores have them in stock so I can’t feel for ones I want

4 hours ago, NRG Spider said:

Does anyone know where I could find specific cmf figures for close to retail price? None of my stores have them in stock so I can’t feel for ones I want

Waiting several months then getting them from bricklink.

I'm sorry if it's already been said, but does the 6-pack box contain six random Minifigures or six distinct Minifigures?

Got lucky at Wal-Mart tonight and was able to feel packs and get the 7 figs that were on my list. I might be in the minority here but I'm actually really pleased with the Monica Rambeau fig. And Sam Wilson Cap might be Marvel's most detailed figure EVER. All in all seriously impressive. 

44 minutes ago, Bardan_Jusik said:

Got lucky at Wal-Mart tonight and was able to feel packs and get the 7 figs that were on my list. I might be in the minority here but I'm actually really pleased with the Monica Rambeau fig. And Sam Wilson Cap might be Marvel's most detailed figure EVER. All in all seriously impressive. 

I like Monica too but I do understand why people aren't too hot on the figure. It's not really Lego's fault either, she's just a fairly plain character, so there isn't a ton they could do with her. I really like her hair though and I enjoyed her in Wandavision so I'll probably try to get her.

4 hours ago, Buckethead said:

I'm sorry if it's already been said, but does the 6-pack box contain six random Minifigures or six distinct Minifigures?

They’re random according to the description on shopDisney.

10 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Minifigures are also so bad. Shang-Chi without a new face and dual-moulded arms with a regular brown stick... Wenwu with the most generic face ever... Death Dealer with his ponytail printed on the back of his face... Razor Fist with black hair... I do like Xialing and Katy tho. Not as much as I could, but compared to the other they do look better (especially the latter).

They really need to retire that 2012 Bruce Wayne/Loki face, it doesn’t work for any character they try to use it for and the fact that they tried to use it for Tony Leung is just insulting. These characters really should have all gotten new face prints like the Black Panther characters did (besides Killmonger which is a shame). 

1 hour ago, Meadius said:

I like Monica too but I do understand why people aren't too hot on the figure. It's not really Lego's fault either, she's just a fairly plain character, so there isn't a ton they could do with her. I really like her hair though and I enjoyed her in Wandavision so I'll probably try to get her.

I really don't think there's any way they could really improve the Monica figure other than giving her glowing eyes or something to represent her powers. 

2 hours ago, NeutralNoodle said:

They really need to retire that 2012 Bruce Wayne/Loki face, it doesn’t work for any character they try to use it for and the fact that they tried to use it for Tony Leung is just insulting. These characters really should have all gotten new face prints like the Black Panther characters did (besides Killmonger which is a shame). 

And to add more salt to the wound LEGO also keeps saying they care about representation. They can say they care all they want but it's certainly not particularly evident from the products they're selling :sceptic:

5 hours ago, Meadius said:

I dig that character too, also in LEGO form. My only wish is that they'd included her glowing blue eyes on the alternate face. But I guess we can't have everything :-)

4 hours ago, NeutralNoodle said:

I haven't seen the movie, but from the trailer, it looks like TLG didn't even try with these sets. Most of the faces seem inaccurate, and the hair and face for the guy with the blade hand is totally wrong. 

Has anyone in the Netherlands, particularly in/around The Hague, found the Marvel CMF yet, outside the LEGO Store?
Visited an Intertoys today and they didn't have any, and the employees weren't sure they'd ever get them :sceptic:

Thanks for any info!

Regards,
Mitch

12 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

Has anyone in the Netherlands, particularly in/around The Hague, found the Marvel CMF yet, outside the LEGO Store?
Visited an Intertoys today and they didn't have any, and the employees weren't sure they'd ever get them :sceptic:

I ordered a complete set of 12 from A2Toys.

Okay, I might look over there, thanks :sweet::thumbup: 
I only want a few, so I thought I'd try my hand at feeling the bags in a store.
Ordering them at S@H didn't do me a whole lot of good, 'cause I already have two Loki's now (and one Sylvie, so technically three Loki's :tongue: ) :laugh:

Impatient as I am, I just checked BL for a bit, and there's one store who's selling them for a very reasonable price, so I might give that a go, in fact :innocent2:

Regards,
Mitch

Just got out of Shang-Chi and it's made me rather keen to get the great protector set. But as many have said, the other one... Not so much. 

I also found the CMF in Sainsbury's for any fellow UK collectors. Grabbed 3 at random, and managed to get Captain Falcon, Monica and Loki! I know the latter two aren't the most interesting figs to most, but alongside Spidey and maybe Wanda they were the only ones I wanted. Pretty fortunate.