Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

12 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I still think that releasing sets with spoilerific characters in January or February would be a rather risky move. Of course the sets themselves are not going to be pictured in the catalogue and have thus a pretty low chance of leaking, but the same cannot be said about the minifigs. They might already escape the factory before the next trailers drops *oh2* March or even April seems a lot more safe to me, but we shall see 

I would be extremely surprises if we get sets before March

9 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I still think that releasing sets with spoilerific characters in January or February would be a rather risky move. Of course the sets themselves are not going to be pictured in the catalogue and have thus a pretty low chance of leaking, but the same cannot be said about the minifigs. They might already escape the factory before the next trailers drops *oh2* March or even April seems a lot more safe to me, but we shall see 

It really depends on how Sony wants to play with the merchandise for this movie, I can see only 2 options:

They reveal Tobey and Andrew in the 2nd trailer (they'd be crazy not to do that) around October / November, and they reveal merchandise shortly after.

They don't do that, and we officially learn about them in the movie, and they reveal merchandise at least a few weeks after the movie comes out.

It's also hard to say at what time they decided to give Lego concept arts for the spoiler sets (well, and if they did). We know that the process of designing those sets take around a year and a half.

So you know, it's not only REALLY hard to guess when the sets would be released and revealed, but we don't even know if they do exist in the first place. I sure hope so, and Fulcrum gives me much hope.

18 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Of course the sets themselves are not going to be pictured in the catalogue and have thus a pretty low chance of leaking

Never underestimate LEGO's incompetence :tongue:

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They reveal Tobey and Andrew in the 2nd trailer (they'd be crazy not to do that) around October / November, and they reveal merchandise shortly after.

They don't do that, and we officially learn about them in the movie, and they reveal merchandise at least a few weeks after the movie comes out.

They'll definitely appear in the main or final trailer, I would be very surprised if Sony passed on having Tobey and Andrew at the press junkets and red carpet leading up to the release of the film.

If it follows the Civil War example as I think it will, we can expect NWH wave 2 3 months after the movie. I doubt it will be 6 months like the Hulk helicopter thing. So March seems about right, maybe April.

Edited by ood0

7 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

Are there any estimates regarding how many Doctor Strange sets there'll be?

No.

There's a list from weeks ago that lists only one "theatrical Marvel" set for January 2021, but no one ever confirmed the credibility of it.

The set(s) are coming out in January, so we'll learn soon enough tho.

34 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

Are there any estimates regarding how many Doctor Strange sets there'll be?

I think two would make sense. Shang Chi got two despite being a relatively lower profile MCU film, but then again Eternals got three and Black Widow only got one, so I guess it's probably less about profile and moreso how many characters there and what potential sets Lego can do. I'd be shocked if there isn't at least one or more than three, but otherwise we don't really know. 

I'm somewhat of a leaker myself, and I can go ahead and confirm two things about the NWH wave 2 sets.

• They will include Spider-Man

• They will include more than one brick/part in the set

Anyway, is there any good mods for my newly purchased Target Exclusive Hydra Stomper? I saw a picture of a really nice looking modification made to one and I can't find more pictures/instructions for that beauty.

Swung by my local Walgreens this morning and managed to grab four Marvel CMF bags! I ended up getting two Cap Falcons and two Buckys! Was kind of disappointed about the dups but only just a little haha. Was able to upgrade my Infinity War Bucky with the CMF Bucky’s arm and he looks great!

Edited by Moon_Knight

2 hours ago, RaichuKing263 said:

I'm somewhat of a leaker myself, and I can go ahead and confirm two things about the NWH wave 2 sets.

Anyway, is there any good mods for my newly purchased Target Exclusive Hydra Stomper? I saw a picture of a really nice looking modification made to one and I can't find more pictures/instructions for that beauty.

That would mean you confirm another wave of NWH sets, which isn't even confirmed in the first place.

Unless you are confirming it :wink:

2 hours ago, RaichuKing263 said:

I can confirm further: knowing that they will include spider-man, they will include more than three parts in the set.

I can also confirm something: print(‚the sets will include %s‘ % (random.choice(unfunny_list_of_obvious_things_LOL)))

Crown me the king of comedy :tongue: Are y‘all channeling that dude on IG that posts nothing but these anti-leaks? :poke:

52 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I can confirm further: knowing that they will include spider-man, they will include more than three parts in the set.

I can also confirm that these sets will cost money

You guys can joke around all you want but this thread will never surpass the utter stupidity that was the otter jokes on the Harry Potter 2020 thread :laugh_hard:

20 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

Steal it? No, no, no, I'm not a criminal.

17 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

You guys can joke around all you want but this thread will never surpass the utter stupidity that was the otter jokes on the Harry Potter 2020 thread :laugh_hard:

I'd rather have stupid puns than the exact same unfunny joke being repeated ad nauseam :tongue: 

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

you underestimate our power 😈

7 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

As long as Spider-man & Eternals stay where they are we should get a second trailer for NWH probably in October - this will presumably give us a more detailed look at villains, heroes and locations that might be the basis for the sets. Though the films and potentially the second wave of sets do have a high chance of being delayed IF Shang Chi underperforms.

Leak season for January/February sets tends to be around late October so we'll probably have seen those aspects before the sets appear. It's worth noting the high chances that we will see other merchandise prior that will reveal those aspects also. I think March is too far away honestly, if everything sticks where it is we'll probably get our first wave of Doctor Strange: MoM sets in March as the movie is scheduled for March 25th 2022 (I fully expect a second wave of sets for that film also, probably in June). 2022 is already going to be hectic enough for Lego Marvel as it is.

2 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

*Dobby's Sock UCS set has entered the chat*

6 hours ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

Just got a scoop: I can specify two claims. One, the sets will actually have more than four parts, at least three of which will be used for a figure. Two, the amount of money the boxed sets will cost is in the form of $X9.99, where X is an integer between 0 and 99.

6 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

The Harry P-otter thread is nothing compared to the might of NWH jokes.

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

*Dobby's Sock UCS set has entered the chat*

I read this as "Solek UCS" and had a fleeting vision of true, glorious purpose.

Imagine if we got a set like this in the 2nd wave. I would cry out of happiness :cry_happy:

I love that this bridge is very different from the last one, but it's also consistent with its style and looks amazing.

The other we could get is a smaller set with Tom (Black & Gold), Andrew, Electro and Lizard, with a big buildable Sandman.

18 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Looking at his Legends figure I'd say LEGO did a pretty good job with Kro.

Screenshot_20210829-165501_Instagram.jpg

Kro has the tiniest six pack ever lol Why even bother giving him one?

But yea I agree, LEGO did a great job with him.

@THELEGOBATMAN: Something like that would be great, but we should keep our expectations in check :tongue: Realistically, I‘d expect the two sets to be on the small side, with 3-4 minifigs each. The missing villains could then still be revisited later on

Edited by BrickBob Studpants