Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

35 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

These spoilers being all over the internet isn't an excuse to plaster them all over a LEGO forum too though. And trying to justify the posting of obvious spoilers is a waste of time when the mods have repeatedly asked people not to do it.

That's not true.

Literally on the previous page the mod said that talking about Tobey and Andrew is okay as it's too far out of the bag.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN
Ironically enough it appeared on the next page lmao.

45 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Literally on the previous page the mod said that talking about Tobey and Andrew is okay as it's too far out of the bag.

The mods needing to bend the rules and allow discussion of that particular leak because it's already so far out of the bag on this thread is sad as is. This forum should be a safe place for fans and it would be if it wasn't for a handful of people who keep bringing leaks to disccusions without warning or the use of spoiler tags so they can be avoided.

2 hours ago, ood0 said:

My god just stop talking, the mods have spoken just drop it

I just said what the official rules, according to the mods, are. I am not discussing them.

On 5/29/2021 at 8:20 AM, lego_guyon02 said:

The thing is that you stated without warning that Green Goblin would be the main villain of the movie, which is a fairly new rumor many people hadn't heard about yet.

Last year there was a similar discussion on the Star Wars thread regarding Ahsoka and Boba Fett's appearances in The Mandalorian Season 2, in which I also expressed my opinion that rumors that have been reported by giant media outlets like Hollywood Reporter, Deadline, IGN or Fandom should be considered fair-game as those rumors have basically become widespread "knowledge" at that point. That same opinion applies to Marvel rumors, which is why I was personally fine with discussing Cox, Maguire, Garfield and so on. Hope that clears it up.

@lego_guyon02 

"I was looking through some old photos, and it looks very, uhhh..."

I wonder how they will do that weird device Peter is holding? Minecraft Transparent Creeper Head with a print perhaps? 

In terms of Eternals sets, lobster_leaks on instagram has shown the back of the boxes for several Eternals sets - it might not be a new thing as have not really been following the Eternals set images - but I like the minature Arishem included in the 'Rise of the Domo' - could be an inspiration for people wanting to make minature Celestials.

Edit: Apparently a few Instagram pages are claiming the other 2 Spider-man: NWH sets won't be released till March... if so we are unlikely to see them leak anytime soon.

2 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

The mods needing to bend the rules and allow discussion of that particular leak because it's already so far out of the bag on this thread is sad as is.

I feel the mods have made it incredibly clear that discussion on Tobey & Andrew in terms of potential inclusion in sets was allowed as it was viewed as "rumours" primarily relating to how multiverse villains from the Raimi/Webb series would naturally result in discussion about multiverse Spider-men, it's not referring to any leak, just the prevelance of said 'rumour' and the logic behind discussing it.

It is not remotely 'sad' for them to do this, we'd be having this exact same discussion regardless of any potential connection to leaks because it'd be the most logical aspect to think after seeing the trailer talking about the multiverse. I think we even had discussion about this very briefly when Far From Home was being released due to its remarks on the multiverse and the inclusion of what some people at the time thought was Mysterio fighting Raimi Sandman with people discussing if we'd get another version of that Sandman.

2 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

This forum should be a safe place for fans and it would be if it wasn't for a handful of people who keep bringing leaks to disccusions without warning or the use of spoiler tags so they can be avoided.

A conversation I had with the same moderator in May confirmed that "Any actor interviews are fine. We can't protect the people that want to know absolutely nothing about an upcoming film." It's not the role of the forum in the words of the moderator to completely protect people from anything relating to the film. This is different from leaked film info (Which is still banned), but yes, I agree that spoiler tags would still be preferable if linking or referring to actors interviews such as the recent interview.

Edited by Scarilian

52 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I wonder how they will do that weird device Peter is holding? Minecraft Transparent Creeper Head with a print perhaps? 

In terms of Eternals sets, lobster_leaks on instagram has shown the back of the boxes for several Eternals sets - it might not be a new thing as have not really been following the Eternals set images - but I like the minature Arishem included in the 'Rise of the Domo' - could be an inspiration for people wanting to make minature Celestials.

Edit: Apparently a few Instagram pages are claiming the other 2 Spider-man: NWH sets won't be released till March... if so we are unlikely to see them leak anytime soon.

I dunno if we'll even get a cube. Not spoiling anything, the cube is tied to a specific location, and it wouldn't make sense to include it without it. So we'd have to get a set that's build focuses on a certain location for us to get it. If we do tho, I believe that cube would work perfectly. Better than anything we have.

As for the additional NWH sets, I don't think those pages know anything specific, and it's just speculation on their part. I mean March is probably the most likely option. Soon enough so that the movie is still relevant and fresh, but far enough so that it doesn't leak before the movie.

7 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Not true. 

He asked him 'Which Spider-Man are you excited Tom Holland to share the screen with: Tobey Maguire or Andrew Garfield?'

Not a hypothetical question, and DEFINITELY not a hypothetical answer.

Sure, mate.

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

I feel the mods have made it incredibly clear that discussion on Tobey & Andrew in terms of potential inclusion in sets was allowed as it was viewed as "rumours" primarily relating to how multiverse villains from the Raimi/Webb series would naturally result in discussion about multiverse Spider-men, it's not referring to any leak, just the prevelance of said 'rumour' and the logic behind discussing it.

It is not remotely 'sad' for them to do this, we'd be having this exact same discussion regardless of any potential connection to leaks because it'd be the most logical aspect to think after seeing the trailer talking about the multiverse. I think we even had discussion about this very briefly when Far From Home was being released due to its remarks on the multiverse and the inclusion of what some people at the time thought was Mysterio fighting Raimi Sandman with people discussing if we'd get another version of that Sandman.

A conversation I had with the same moderator in May confirmed that "Any actor interviews are fine. We can't protect the people that want to know absolutely nothing about an upcoming film." It's not the role of the forum in the words of the moderator to completely protect people from anything relating to the film. This is different from leaked film info (Which is still banned), but yes, I agree that spoiler tags would still be preferable if linking or referring to actors interviews such as the recent interview.

what insta pages have said that March is a likely candidate for the 2 potential NWH sets?

2 hours ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

what insta pages have said that March is a likely candidate for the 2 potential NWH sets?

A few, it generally seems to be people reposting some text - though its unclear the original source, possibly example 1 though. Example 1, Example 2, Example 3

3 hours ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

You don't have to hear it from someone to think that March is likely candidate. It just sounds like the most logical date and that's it

3 hours ago, Legofania said:

You don't have to hear it from someone to think that March is likely candidate. It just sounds like the most logical date and that's it

okay but I would still like to know, there are users I trust and users I don't 

11 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

okay but I would still like to know, there are users I trust and users I don't 

Considering none of the usual reliable sources have (re)posted it, at least to my knowledge, I wouldn't put much faith in these rumors being true. As @Legofania already said it's most likely just a logical assumption being passed off as a rumor, something we see very often with these kind of repost accounts (another recent example is the "rumored" LEGO Infinity Saga game).

5 hours ago, Lego-fire said:

The rumours were true: found 6 marvel studios minifigures at a Duane Reade/ Walgreens. 

Thanks for sharing with us!

But I was a bit confused by your post. Are you talking about blind box or blind bag? 

On 8/28/2021 at 10:09 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

This is like literally the worst kept secret in Hollywood's history, and what do you expect when browsing through a MARVEL 2021 forum (sure, a Lego one, but it's not like we aren't discussing NWH sets).

I really hate that.

They released those random 12 pictures, and I mean so random: 76145 has a box picture (but for some reason 2D), and an out-of-the-box one. 76154 has a box picture, and 2 lifestyle pictures (no ootb picture). 76155 has the same as 76154, but this time with the ootb picture. But 76156 has only one lifestyle picture, an ootb picture and the box, but the box (when compared to the other 2) is flipped to the other side.

What the hell Lego :laugh_hard:

Sure, might be a badly kept secret, but one I still wouldn't have spoilt if it hadn't been for people not using spoiler tags. I have no issues whatsoever with it being discussed at all, but come on, spoiler tags exist for a reason, and that is what those of us that don't like spoilers have always said

Spoiler

See, not so hard, is it?

18 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

These spoilers being all over the internet isn't an excuse to plaster them all over a LEGO forum too though. And trying to justify the posting of obvious spoilers is a waste of time when the mods have repeatedly asked people not to do it.

Exactly! Some of us don't spend time trying to find out about a movie we are going to watch before it comes out.

17 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That's not true.

Wouldn't have been the case if people followed the rules to begin with, so the point you are trying to make is moot...

7 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Considering none of the usual reliable sources have (re)posted it, at least to my knowledge, I wouldn't put much faith in these rumors being true. As @Legofania already said it's most likely just a logical assumption being passed off as a rumor, something we see very often with these kind of repost accounts (another recent example is the "rumored" LEGO Infinity Saga game).

I am starting to doubt that this second wave of NWH sets exist. I really want to be wrong 

2 hours ago, ApocSlay said:

Wouldn't have been the case if people followed the rules to begin with, so the point you are trying to make is moot...

Not sure about that. The Tobey & Andrew thing has been talked about on the internet for months and months, not just Eurobricks. At this stage it's still a rumour given no official material has confirmed their inclusion, but there has been strong buzz about the possibility of them appearing that's hard to miss. It's fair to hypothesize about them being in further sets without needing to use spoiler tags. Now that the trailer has pulled the lid off the multiverse aspect, it's even more fair.

Any actual confirmation or details about their appearances however is off limits.

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

Not sure about that. The Tobey & Andrew thing has been talked about on the internet for months and months, not just Eurobricks. At this stage it's still a rumour given no official material has confirmed their inclusion, but there has been strong buzz about the possibility of them appearing that's hard to miss. It's fair to hypothesize about them being in further sets without needing to use spoiler tags. Now that the trailer has pulled the lid off the multiverse aspect, it's even more fair.

Any actual confirmation or details about their appearances however is off limits.

Actually, there were kinda 2 confirmations.

Months ago Variety (one of the biggest news outlets, whose word we consider a confirmation) did confirm that they are indeed in the movie, but quickly edited it out of the article, that's why most of the people missed it.

And now J.B. Smoove's interview, where he also basically confirmed that they are in the movie.

2 hours ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

I am starting to doubt that this second wave of NWH sets exist. I really want to be wrong 

Why would you start to doubt that :grin:

It's really too early for us to know anything. We don't even know anything about the January sets, not to even mention March and further.

3 hours ago, ApocSlay said:

Exactly! Some of us don't spend time trying to find out about a movie we are going to watch before it comes out.

@lego_guyon02's message you're replying to is hypocritical. 

He discussed those rumours himself. When I also asked him once what things he thinks we can talk about, he specifically mentioned Tobey and Andrew as examples of things that should be allowed to be mentioned on this forum.

7 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Thanks for sharing with us!

But I was a bit confused by your post. Are you talking about blind box or blind bag? 

Blind bags :classic:

I remember some people complaining about another hairpiece for Doctor Strange in the NWH set, but watching the trailer for like 117th time, I'm glad they've chose this one.

His hair us definitely swept to the side, not to the back. It's much more tame compared to the hairpiece they used in IW.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

@lego_guyon02's message you're replying to is hypocritical. 

He discussed those rumours himself. When I also asked him once what things he thinks we can talk about, he specifically mentioned Tobey and Andrew as examples of things that should be allowed to be mentioned on this forum.

You're assuming I was merely talking about the appearance of Toby and Andrew. There was no reason whatsoever for people, yourself included, to start talking about the locations of big battles,  relevance of certain artifacts, the identity of the 6th Sinister Six member or the not-yet-revealed costumes of villains. Were those leaks confirmed by big news outlets? No.

What will it take for you to realise that not everyone likes to have everything in a movie spoiled for himself/herself? 

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

You're assuming I was merely talking about the appearance of Toby and Andrew. There was no reason whatsoever for people, yourself included, to start talking about the locations of big battles,  relevance of certain artifacts, the identity of the 6th Sinister Six member or the not-yet-revealed costumes of villains. Were those leaks confirmed by big news outlets? No.

What will it take for you to realise that not everyone likes to have everything in a movie spoiled for himself/herself? 

You may have meant it in general, but you replied to me talking specifically about Tobey and Andrew.

I've had a talk with @Clone OPatra, and I understand the rules work now, but you also have to understand that for some people NWH may he the most excited movie of all time, and when the trailer came out, they just lost control and wanted to talk about everything.

I won't talk about any of the  leaked stuff anymore tho, I know now what question I should ask myself before posting something on that forum.

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I've had a talk with @Clone OPatra, and I understand the rules work now, but you also have to understand that for some people NWH may he the most excited movie of all time, and when the trailer came out, they just lost control and wanted to talk about everything.

I won't talk about any of the  leaked stuff anymore tho, I know now what question I should ask myself before posting something on that forum.

Of course I understand that for some people NWH may be one of the most exciting movies of all time, that's exactly why I (and others here) get so annoyed when spoilery leaks like the examples in my previous post are posted on this thread without the use of spoiler tags. But there's no use to continuing this debate any further so let's nudge the discussion back to it's propper course now :grin:

10 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Of course I understand that for some people NWH may be one of the most exciting movies of all time, that's exactly why I (and others here) get so annoyed when spoilery leaks like the examples in my previous post are posted on this thread without the use of spoiler tags. But there's no use to continuing this debate any further so let's nudge the discussion back to it's propper course now :grin:

Yeah, I agree. Sorry for the spoilers again, I am just so excited for this movie and more sets with Multiversal characters.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

I still think that releasing sets with spoilerific characters in January or February would be a rather risky move. Of course the sets themselves are not going to be pictured in the catalogue and have thus a pretty low chance of leaking, but the same cannot be said about the minifigs. They might already escape the factory before the next trailers drops *oh2* March or even April seems a lot more safe to me, but we shall see