Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I think that they probably won't. 

I mean all 3 of them are called Spider-Man. The difference will be their costumes (and faces since some toys have that option). 

They also won't (on toys) acknowledge the names of their actors, so they can't just call him "Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man" or whatever (at least I think so, you don't see things like this).

I think that the best they could do is come up with some additions to their names, like "*something*-verse Spider-Man", or "Spider-Man (Earth-*something*)" etc.

In the end, I don't think it matters that much. Kids see a Spider-Man toy, and they buy one. People who care about them more know which one is which, so there's that.

I am scared that there won't be new sets, I am debating whether to get the 2 NWH based sets that we know of or wait until the maybe sorta spoiler sets, if they do exist 

Just now, TurnOffTheDark said:

I am scared that there won't be new sets, I am debating whether to get the 2 NWH based sets that we know of or wait until the maybe sorta spoiler sets, if they do exist 

Lego would have to really hate making money to not make any NWH wave 2 sets. If the Infinity Saga sets taught them anything it’s that good MCU sets sell. I’m getting all the new sets because I love the Vulture and Mysterio redesigns

21 minutes ago, hvader said:

Lego would have to really hate making money to not make any NWH wave 2 sets. If the Infinity Saga sets taught them anything it’s that good MCU sets sell. I’m getting all the new sets because I love the Vulture and Mysterio redesigns

I just hope they have enough sense to make them (assuming they aren't already in production)

49 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

2? There is only 1 no?

13 minutes ago, Surge said:

2? There is only 1 no?

I mean technically there are 3.

Only one of those sets is actually based on NWH, BUT the remaining 2 sets include Spider-Man's suits from NWH.

Has anyone seen anybody put the CMF Spider-Man head on the MCU Iron Spider body? I wonder if that would look better than the official or 2017 heads on it.

Also if anyone's interested, TipsandBricks on Instagram did some good updates on the CMF series a few days ago. They put the AoU head on Scarlet Witch and added some detail and power blasts for Monica.

Oh my god, its almost like Lego went out of their way to make Spider-Man's jacket as ugly as possible

Just to be clear, the rumours of Garfield and Macguire Spider-Mans' inclusion in the film is so far out of the bag in this discussion and the internet that I'm not going to clamp down on speculation/discussion about them appearing in the rumoured additional sets.

BUT anything else related to them like leaked plot details, leaked costume details, etc fall under the guidelines I posted previously and not allowed unless officially released.

I wonder if one of the potential rumored sets will depict the bridge fight seen in the trailer (we all know from watching it that atleast GG and Ock will be present). Maybe that set could be a successor to the web warriors bridge battle set from 2016, assuming it is a large build and that it exists to begin with.

I think it is fair to assume that they could re-use the Black/Gold suit and the integrated suit from the other sets, which I have no issue with as they are awesome figs. We've gotten so many Doc Ock's over the years so I am not really excited for his potential figure (his look in the trailer isn't drastically different from how we've seen him in the past). GG on the other hand has a lot of potential. I hope there is mini brick built Pumpkin bombs for him, maybe an orange stud with a printed round tile piece? I think that could work.

Also maybe the integrated suit for this hypothetical set could come with the spider legs as a backpack piece that we are so used to seeing at this point. (Not a spoiler, the trailer showed him with the legs and the merchandise based on this suit as well).

The fight scene between strange and Spidey on the train as seen in the trailer could be a cool set too, something akin to the 2004 "Doc Ock Train Rescue" set. Ahhh just imagining the juicy spoiler stuff they could include in these hypothetical final 2 sets gets me really excited. I can't wait until we have more info on them 

5 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Just to be clear, the rumours of Garfield and Macguire Spider-Mans' inclusion in the film is so far out of the bag in this discussion and the internet that I'm not going to clamp down on speculation/discussion about them appearing in the rumoured additional sets.

Thanks for clarifying that this particular rumour is fair game :thumbup: Yeah, it’s definitely the worst-kept Marvel secret on the entire Internet :grin:

I still think they‘ll somehow differentiate between the 3 Spidey versions, just to make it easier for the kiddos and their (annoyed) parents. Imagine a kid who wants toys of all three of them trying to explain to their parents which one they‘re missing :tongue: You know, the one with the slightly larger eyes!

My guess is that they come up with some nicknames in the film (might even be done in a humorous scene where they discuss what to call each other so as not to confuse themselves), which are then used for the merch as well. Or we run into another Knights of Ren situation. „Includes 4 minifigures: Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Spider-man, and Spider-man!“ :head_back:

Just got the 4+ Captain America set (one of the sets I bought as I got 50€ to spend in a toy store).

It's really good tbh. I love the minifigs, as both of them are exclusive. It's great that they started including hairpieces for masked superheroes. The build is cool, nothing to really complain about as it's a 4+ set.

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Thanks for clarifying that this particular rumour is fair game :thumbup: Yeah, it’s definitely the worst-kept Marvel secret on the entire Internet :grin:

I mean one of the actors a few days ago literally revealed in an interview that Tobey Maguire will appear, lmao.

A picture of what appears to be the back of the Domo box has been on posted on IG. The most noteworthy thing here is a a battle droid - like build of Arishem being included in the set :laugh: The head consists of three stacked roller blade pieces, pretty clever

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

6 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

A picture of what appears to be the back of the Domo box has been on posted on IG. The most noteworthy thing here is a a battle droid - like build of Arishem being included in the set :laugh: The head consists of three stacked roller blade pieces, pretty clever

That's certainly a fantastic detail :excited: This is easily the best Marvel movie wave we've gotten in years.

So LAN is already getting the Eternals sets and we still can't get HD pictures? That's some solid logic you've got going on here LEGO *huh*

My friend found a defective piece in the set and wrote to the LEGO Customer Service. He was told that the part was out of stock and was offered another part. 
As far as I know, it's the Phastos from the Eternals set.

Phastos.JPG

15 minutes ago, Derida said:

My friend found a defective piece in the set and wrote to the LEGO Customer Service. He was told that the part was out of stock and was offered another part. 
As far as I know, it's the Phastos from the Eternals set.

Phastos.JPG

Why does customer service keep doing this? :laugh: First Winter Soldier before he was even revealed, now Phastos before he is released.

On a related note, that torso might work really well for a purist He Who Remains

Edited by Legocity2713

41 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

On a related note, that torso might work really well for a purist He Who Remains

That what I thought it was before I read the text above it lol

1 minute ago, Surge said:

That what I thought it was before I read the text above it lol

Same

Sorry if this was already asked, but the Eternal guy in green..... the box art make it seem like he has a new hairpiece, but he actually doesn't, right?

It is odd, because the rest of them have actual LEGO hairpieces

7 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Sorry if this was already asked, but the Eternal guy in green..... the box art make it seem like he has a new hairpiece, but he actually doesn't, right?

It is odd, because the rest of them have actual LEGO hairpieces

From what I can see, they all have hairpieces but none of them are new (but some might be recolours but none that stood out to me).

17 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

BUT anything else related to them like leaked plot details, leaked costume details, etc fall under the guidelines I posted previously and not allowed unless officially released.

Still annoyed about inconsiderate people "blurting" it out on this forum. I avoid the internet (I only visit bookmarked tech/LEGO sties), so if it hadn't been for some inconsiderate individuals on here it would have bee a great surprise when watching the movie/trailer. Going forward I'll just avoid this site as well when the next big Marvel movie comes up for release. Not sure why it is so hard for some individuals to understand that some of use want to know about the leaks for budget reasons and get far more enjoyment from a movie that we haven't seen yet.

I now skip so many pages trying to avoid leaks that I might just as well not bother with this thread anymore.

Edited by ApocSlay

2 hours ago, ApocSlay said:

Still annoyed about inconsiderate people "blurting" it out on this forum. I avoid the internet (I only visit bookmarked tech/LEGO sties), so if it hadn't been for some inconsiderate individuals on here it would have bee a great surprise when watching the movie/trailer. Going forward I'll just avoid this site as well when the next big Marvel movie comes up for release. Not sure why it is so hard for some individuals to understand that some of use want to know about the leaks for budget reasons and get far more enjoyment from a movie that we haven't seen yet.

I now skip so many pages trying to avoid leaks that I might just as well not bother with this thread anymore.

This is like literally the worst kept secret in Hollywood's history, and what do you expect when browsing through a MARVEL 2021 forum (sure, a Lego one, but it's not like we aren't discussing NWH sets).

6 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

That's certainly a fantastic detail :excited: This is easily the best Marvel movie wave we've gotten in years.

So LAN is already getting the Eternals sets and we still can't get HD pictures? That's some solid logic you've got going on here LEGO *huh*

I really hate that.

They released those random 12 pictures, and I mean so random: 76145 has a box picture (but for some reason 2D), and an out-of-the-box one. 76154 has a box picture, and 2 lifestyle pictures (no ootb picture). 76155 has the same as 76154, but this time with the ootb picture. But 76156 has only one lifestyle picture, an ootb picture and the box, but the box (when compared to the other 2) is flipped to the other side.

What the hell Lego :laugh_hard:

14 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I mean one of the actors a few days ago literally revealed in an interview that Tobey Maguire will appear, lmao.

Meh, not really. IF its the video I'm thinking, they ask him something between the lines of "What Spiderman actor would you be the most excited to share a scene with Tom Holland?" which is an hipotetical question.

Are Andre and Tobey in the movie? Obviously yes, 100% but that particular video doesnt mean literally nothing lol.

Just finished building the Infinity Gauntlet. Really cool set and I love that you can pose the fingers.

7 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Meh, not really. IF its the video I'm thinking, they ask him something between the lines of "What Spiderman actor would you be the most excited to share a scene with Tom Holland?" which is an hipotetical question.

Are Andre and Tobey in the movie? Obviously yes, 100% but that particular video doesnt mean literally nothing lol.

Not true. 

He asked him 'Which Spider-Man are you excited Tom Holland to share the screen with: Tobey Maguire or Andrew Garfield?'

Not a hypothetical question, and DEFINITELY not a hypothetical answer.

10 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

This is like literally the worst kept secret in Hollywood's history, and what do you expect when browsing through a MARVEL 2021 forum (sure, a Lego one, but it's not like we aren't discussing NWH sets).

These spoilers being all over the internet isn't an excuse to plaster them all over a LEGO forum too though. And trying to justify the posting of obvious spoilers is a waste of time when the mods have repeatedly asked people not to do it.