Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

51 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Apparently LEGO will be selling boxes with 6 CMF packs as well. What a waste of cardboard....

I'd be all in, if they could guarantee six different CMF's!  Outside of that, seems pointless, and as you said, a waste.

After watching today's What If episode, I really wish we would have gotten a minifig of (EPISODE 3 SPOILERS)

Spoiler

Hank Pym as Yellowjacket.

Would have been a really neat design, but I understand if Marvel wanted to avoid merch of that character to keep the surprise. Maybe in a future wave?

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Pretty weird. Maybe it‘s supposed to be a convenient gift option? Too many Karens complaining that CMFs are hard to properly wrap up as presents? :head_back:

I saw a video with BigBBricks who showed that Walmart had something similar where they had long blank white cardboard boxes with a couple of CMF bags in it and it ensured that there were no duplicates inside.

Someone under Falconfan’s post said that they also did it on S@H for the Looney Tunes series so that you’d never get a duplicate but I personally never saw those.

I like the idea of no doubles, and the packaging seems very covid/post-covid friendly.

11 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Is Rhino confirmed to be involved by a reliable leaker? We‘ve known about most of the other characters for months, but this is news to me. If so, I assume it‘s Paul Giamatti playing him again? (Though please no silly villainous facial tattoes this time, between ASM2 and Suicide Squad, the concept has been ruined… if there ever was anything to be ruined, mind :tongue:)

Pretty weird. Maybe it‘s supposed to be a convenient gift option? Too many Karens complaining that CMFs are hard to properly wrap up as presents? :head_back:

He is. 

He shows up later in the film tho (according to reliable leakers).

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I mean if we consider both of them "super desired minifigs", then so are Andrew and Doc Ock.

And if they won't mix those minifigs in sets, that would mean at least 4 more sets. 

I mean I didnt mention Andrew being a desirable minifigure because it didnt add to my point, but yeah.

Let me rephrase it: I dont think they will include all of the Raimi characters in the same set, in the same way I doubt the include all of the Andrew Garfield characters together.

Or maybe I get pleasantly surprised and they do. Who knows at this point

4 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Apparently LEGO will be selling boxes with 6 CMF packs as well. What a waste of cardboard....

Time to get a box with 6 repeats of Monica

4 hours ago, ood0 said:

Bad Batch shuttle gave us every single important cast member except Omega and Admiral Rampart. I don't see why Goblin and Tobey Maguire couldn't appear in the same set.

Oh, I thought that TBB had all of the character because they only had 1 set instead of several.

Don't get me wrong, I'll gladly take a set with all the characters I like.

46 minutes ago, Leggomyleggo said:

Please hide the potential leaks guys. Some of this stuff is news to me and it was not in the trailer.

Seconded, so much of this film has been spoiled in this thread and it's basically turned into discussion of theoretical sets with very little evidence as to what they'll contain. I, for one, would appreciate it if people would err on the side of caution, and at least tag things that haven't appeared in the trailer / been confirmed publicly. It feels like it would be the most considerate thing for other members from my perspective. 

Doubt we'll get sets based on this but Marvel anounced a Midnight Sons game at Gamescom: 

53 minutes ago, Leggomyleggo said:

Please hide the potential leaks guys. Some of this stuff is news to me and it was not in the trailer.

Definitely second this. The issue has been adressed time and time again but some people just keep bringing up this kind of info. It's inconsiderate and annoying.

Usually I would doubt Midnight Suns getting any reference from Lego, but given that last year's sets took a lot of inspiration from the Square Enix game I could see some black and gold colored Avengers showing up in sets.

53 minutes ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Usually I would doubt Midnight Suns getting any reference from Lego, but given that last year's sets took a lot of inspiration from the Square Enix game I could see some black and gold colored Avengers showing up in sets.

Golden Marvel characters... In 2022?

Hmmm 🤔🤔🤔

7 hours ago, NRG Spider said:

Nice, I’ve got 2 coming later today so I’m hoping for Spider-Man and tchalla 

I got falcon and monica 

18 minutes ago, NRG Spider said:

I got falcon and monica 

Not bad for Falcon, personally not a big fan of Monica tho..

9 hours ago, PGBQW said:

There's no way in hell they give us Tobey and the Green Goblin in the same set.

Perhaps, I'd expect them both to be in the most expensive set - due to popularity and focus in the film. I think however they split the villains, we'll get hopefully one or two from the same series as the Spider-man included.

9 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Maybe Sandman isnt as much as the main build and he's more like Hydroman in the FFH sets.

Yeah, that's also a possibility. Honestly I'm just glad we'll be able to get versions of these movie villains in Lego form. Only two sets to get the live-action MCU Sinister Six and revisit some Spider-men in the process, pretty cool if it ends up happening. I'd guess the sets will be releasing fairly early into 2022 judging from us hearing about the two sets now... perhaps we'll be lucky and get them in January.

Soon, will be able to do a live-action OG Sinister Six

• Doc Ock (Spider-man 2 or Spider-man: NWH version)
  • Electro (TASM 2 or Spider-man: NWH version)
  • Sandman (Spider-man: NWH version)
  • Vulture (Spider-man: Homecoming version)
  • Mysterio (Spider-man: FFH version)
  • Kraven (Hopefully an associated release near Sony's Kraven movie)

Edit: 5 of the OG Sinister Six will be released in the 5 Spider-man: NWH sets, we already have an upgraded Vulture and Mysterio so as long as the other sets deliver on Doc Ock, Electro and Sandman then we're good :3

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

Golden Marvel characters... In 2022?

Hmmm 🤔🤔🤔

Still expecting a Legacy 10th anniversary Lego MCU wave, with the Avengers + Spider-man in gold. Spider-man has his 60th next year also. Lots of Marvel stuff to celebrate. I'm still betting on Avengers Tower D2C to celebrate the 10th anniversary.

Edited by Scarilian

Yeah, there has been way too much discussion of leaked film info in this thread, and like always (surprise surprise), it has spilt out of spoiler tags into full view comments.

Here's a handy reminder of what you can discuss and what you can't:

Info in officially released materials (i.e. press releases, trailers, photos) & interviews: yes

Everything else: NO

We've said this enough times. Here on out I'll be hiding infringing comments and issuing time outs to the repeat offenders.

So, I know I'm way late, but is the design of the Daily Bugle set based on an actual design from the comics or is it just made up?

2 hours ago, Gremer2 said:

So, I know I'm way late, but is the design of the Daily Bugle set based on an actual design from the comics or is it just made up?

I'll tell you this, I read Daredevil Born Again the other day and it didn't look like that

5 hours ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

Fulcrum is very certain that there are atleast 2 more NWH sets on the way.

I don‘t think he said „at least 2“, just „3 down, 2 more to go“ :tongue: Two sets should be enough to cover the most important characters still missing

2 hours ago, Gremer2 said:

Pretty sure it‘s mostly made-up. I mean, the sign and fire escape parts were supposed to be yellow at first, so there‘s definitely some creative liberty there :grin:

My apologies for posting spoilers, btw. In my excitement I forgot to include spoiler tags which I edited in later, but it was too late by then :sadnew:

44 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I don‘t think he said „at least 2“, just „3 down, 2 more to go“ :tongue: Two sets should be enough to cover the most important characters still missing

Pretty sure it‘s mostly made-up. I mean, the sign and fire escape parts were supposed to be yellow at first, so there‘s definitely some creative liberty there :grin:

My apologies for posting spoilers, btw. In my excitement I forgot to include spoiler tags which I edited in later, but it was too late by then :sadnew:

either way, he said that there are specifically 2 missing 

Edited by TurnOffTheDark

I think two sets should be enough - as long as we get the Sinister Six, we could always get a polybag also - and we've already got most the variants of MCU Spider-man via the other sets. 

7 hours ago, Gremer2 said:

Chances are it is based on something like this image, though generally they went with 'generic skyscraper' and added billboards to it.
9673903%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=ur

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The designer is a daredevil fan, and the sign is yellow in Born Again, probably why it was like that originally

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

I think two sets should be enough - as long as we get the Sinister Six, we could always get a polybag also - and we've already got most the variants of MCU Spider-man via the other sets. 

Chances are it is based on something like this image, though generally they went with 'generic skyscraper' and added billboards to it.

I REALLY hope that they don't give us only some members of the Sinister Six. Like I can imagine them making a 30€ set with Tom, Andrew and Electro and a 40€ set with Tom, Tobey, Doc Ock and Green Goblin. 

Sure, it's better than nothing, and (if they would look like this) those would probably be my favourite sets ever, but the fact that we wouldn't be getting the whole Sinister Six would kinda take away from that.

Unless they would release even more sets (or a single set) with the remaining members later on.

Does anyone know how they will differentiate between

the three Spidey variants

in marketing / merchandise?

It was a bit easier in Spider-verse, where we have Miles and two versions of Peter, one of which has two first names. Plus, the alleged leaked toy doesn‘t show the name anywhere as far as I‘m aware

:shrug_oh_well: They can‘t simply call of them „Spider-man“, right? Now that I think about it, that problem also needs to be adressed in the film itself :laugh_hard:

8 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I was thinking about this the other day and I am so curious how they will do it

16 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Hide contents

the three Spidey variants

in marketing / merchandise?

Hide contents

It was a bit easier in Spider-verse, where we have Miles and two versions of Peter, one of which has two first names. Plus, the alleged leaked toy doesn‘t show the name anywhere as far as I‘m aware

:shrug_oh_well: They can‘t simply call of them „Spider-man“, right? Now that I think about it, that problem also needs to be adressed in the film itself :laugh_hard:

I think that they probably won't. 

I mean all 3 of them are called Spider-Man. The difference will be their costumes (and faces since some toys have that option). 

They also won't (on toys) acknowledge the names of their actors, so they can't just call him "Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man" or whatever (at least I think so, you don't see things like this).

I think that the best they could do is come up with some additions to their names, like "*something*-verse Spider-Man", or "Spider-Man (Earth-*something*)" etc.

In the end, I don't think it matters that much. Kids see a Spider-Man toy, and they buy one. People who care about them more know which one is which, so there's that.