Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

It's nice to see old characters return but at the same time it also kinda annoys me as I would much rather see the MCU doing their own versions of these villains. 

I’m a bit split on this myself. On the one hand, MCU-specific versions could have been cool, but on the other hand, Molina and Dafoe are very hard to top.

Speaking of which: one of the things that intrigues me the most about GG’s return is what they do with his costume. Will they bring it back exactly as it was for the sake of nostalgia, tweak it to make it look better, go with a helmetless costume à la ASM 2, or completely redesign it? :oh:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

53 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Yeah that one is confirmed to be fake too

Because of the mispelling of "villains" on the packaging? Hasbro and Marvel had multiple mispellings on official merch. Here are a few of the bigger examples:

- Infinity war blu ray had a mispelling of "through" as though on the back of the box https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/avengers-infinity-war-blu-ray-spelling-error-marvel/

- Spiderman Halloween Costume also had an error

- Hasbro has had dozens of mistakes on their packaging (even for big licenses like Star Wars or Marvel) Example: They misspelt Skywalker as Skywalkwer on the same box twice https://www.jeditemplearchives.com/2019-11-02-hasbro-misspells-luke-skywalker-twice-on-the-tbs6-p3-luke-skywalker-yavin-ceremony-100-figure/

And the guy on twitter from MBDirect, who claims its fake, because he called some Hasbro contacts could also be doing damage control for Hasbro or Target, because they would be in deep trouble if that figure was on the shelfs 4 months too early.

Multiple photos existing in different locations and angles, proves at least that it is a physical product and not just a photoshop. Now with a lot of time and resources you could create an almost perfect action figure and print a real looking packaging, but that takes a lot of dedication for a "fake". Just because a word is misspelt is not prove that it is fake. Quite the opposite for Hasbro or Lego in that matter, actually.

Edited by Metanoios

27 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Confirmed by who exactly?

I heard guys from reddit did an investigation and I don't remember how but they found out that it's fake. Also word "villains" is misspelled on the back of rhe box

Oh, didn't notice somebody already answered

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Fulcrum just stated in his IG story that there will be two additional sets based on NWH :excited:

In the post from months ago it says it’s a rumor so I wouldn’t take it as complete facts just yet 

26 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I’m a bit split on this myself. On the one hand, MCU-specific versions could have been cool, but on the other hand, Molina and Dafoe are very hard to top.

Speaking of which: one of the things that intrigues me the most about GG’s return is what they do with his costume. Will they bring it back exactly as it was for the sake of nostalgia, tweak it to make it look better, go with a helmetless costume à la ASM 2, or completely redesign it? :oh:

Spoiler

According to leaks GG's suit will be updated. It will get purple accent colors and the mask will also look slightly different. Imagine a blend of his classic green and purple comic design, Raimi costume and Iron man's MCU armour design. They also changed Jamie Foxx's Electro. As you can see in the trailer, his lightning is now yellow and Electro is wearing an electrician workers jacket in one of the pics that started circulating yesterday.

39 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Molina and Dafoe are fantastic as the characters and I love them dearly but I can't help but think what we could've gotten if we got (just taking some popular fancasts here) Mark Hamill as Ock and Jason Isaacs as Osborn.

16 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Molina and Dafoe are fantastic as the characters and I love them dearly but I can't help but think what we could've gotten if we got (just taking some popular fancasts here) Mark Hamill as Ock and Jason Isaacs as Osborn.

They can still do that for Tom’s sinister six. This won’t be the official MCU sinister 6 

21 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I don't think it means that all of those villains won't appear as their MCU versions. If they want to continue with another trilogy (or even beyond that), I think they'll have to go back to some of those villains. Osborn is such a complex character that they could make their own version that's barely similar to the Dafoe version.

And speaking of Green Goblin... he's getting a new design. It will still be armoured, but it will include a lot of purple to make it more comicbook accurate. 

Basically take a look at this, and the 360° concept under this comment: https://t.co/NvvESbSGFM

22 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

You're acting like they'll never use those villains in the MCU after this movie. 

33 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

In the post from months ago it says it’s a rumor so I wouldn’t take it as complete facts just yet 

Thanks for the heads-up :thumbup:

28 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

[…] Mark Hamill as Ock and Jason Isaacs as Osborn.

As @Falconfan1414 points out, that can still happen. The versions we meet in NWH are variants, so the main timeline versions could still show up further down the line

@Metanoios: I like what you‘re describing there, sounds like what I was hoping for :classic: 

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Basically take a look at this, and the 360° concept under this comment: https://t.co/NvvESbSGFM

If it ends up looking anything like that, I‘d be very happy :sweet: Clearly inspired by the 2002 suit, but updated and a lot more accurate :laugh: And nowhere near as goofy as either of the previous designs

On 8/24/2021 at 7:55 PM, BrickBob Studpants said:

Thanks for the heads-up :thumbup:

As @Falconfan1414 points out, that can still happen. The versions we meet in NWH are variants, so the main timeline versions could still show up further down the line

@Metanoios: I like what you‘re describing there, sounds like what I was hoping for :classic: 

If it ends up looking anything like that, I‘d be very happy :sweet: Clearly inspired by the 2002 suit, but updated and a lot more accurate :laugh: And nowhere near as goofy as either of the previous designs

Yeah, that's the info from reliable leakers.

It's like taking the OG suit, but adding a lot of purple and comicbook accurate details.

31 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

They can still do that for Tom’s sinister six. This won’t be the official MCU sinister 6 

Fair enough. As excited as I am for Molina and Dafoe's return I hope you're right.

2 hours ago, Metanoios said:

Because of the mispelling of "villains" on the packaging? Hasbro and Marvel had multiple mispellings on official merch. Here are a few of the bigger examples:

- Infinity war blu ray had a mispelling of "through" as though on the back of the box https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/avengers-infinity-war-blu-ray-spelling-error-marvel/

- Spiderman Halloween Costume also had an error

- Hasbro has had dozens of mistakes on their packaging (even for big licenses like Star Wars or Marvel) Example: They misspelt Skywalker as Skywalkwer on the same box twice https://www.jeditemplearchives.com/2019-11-02-hasbro-misspells-luke-skywalker-twice-on-the-tbs6-p3-luke-skywalker-yavin-ceremony-100-figure/

And the guy on twitter from MBDirect, who claims its fake, because he called some Hasbro contacts could also be doing damage control for Hasbro or Target, because they would be in deep trouble if that figure was on the shelfs 4 months too early.

Multiple photos existing in different locations and angles, proves at least that it is a physical product and not just a photoshop. Now with a lot of time and resources you could create an almost perfect action figure and print a real looking packaging, but that takes a lot of dedication for a "fake". Just because a word is misspelt is not prove that it is fake. Quite the opposite for Hasbro or Lego in that matter, actually.

Idk why you're getting so mad at me saying its fake. Like sure, let's say it's real. What difference does it make? It's not like I'm denniying that Tobey is in the movie (because he totally is lmao) but that one toy is totally fake.

8 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Idk why you're getting so mad at me saying its fake. Like sure, let's say it's real. What difference does it make? It's not like I'm denniying that Tobey is in the movie (because he totally is lmao) but that one toy is totally fake.

He isn't getting mad, dunno where you got that. He's just explaining why it could be real.

3 hours ago, PGBQW said:

It's real 

8 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

You're acting like they'll never use those villains in the MCU after this movie. 

If they use Norman again, it'll probably be as the Iron Patriot/leader of the Dark Avengers maybe his Hulk-like Goblin form. They won't want to repeat themselves. As for the others, chances are unlikely they'll be adapted in future. This will likely be our last versions of these characters in movies for quite a while.

Honestly, Dafoe and Molina were perfect as their respective roles. To me, they’ll be the definitive versions of these characters. It’s also extremely exciting to be getting updated versions of their LEGO figures after all these years.

Edited by hvader

4 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

If they use Norman again, it'll probably be as the Iron Patriot/leader of the Dark Avengers maybe his Hulk-like Goblin form. They won't want to repeat themselves. As for the others, chances are unlikely they'll be adapted in future. This will likely be our last versions of these characters in movies for quite a while.

I don't think so.

Let's take Lizard for example - just because he appears for some scenes in NWH doesn't mean they can't do a much more different and perosnal story about Connors in Peter's college. It has a lot of potential. 

Also, we don't know if Sony will be willing to use characters from SSU as villains in next Spider-Man movies (Venom, Carnage, Morbius, Kraven etc.). If not, most of the more popular villains are already taken.

2 minutes ago, hvader said:

Honestly, Dafoe and Molina were perfect as their respective roles. To me, they’ll be the definitive versions of these characters. It’s also extremely exciting to be getting updated versions of their LEGO figures after all these years.

I dunno, it's kinda like saying "no, I don't want to see new interpretations of those characters but keep wanting to having the same people playing them".

6 minutes ago, hvader said:

I really hope Goblin minifigure will have Dafoe's face and not something goblin-ish

15 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I dunno, it's kinda like saying "no, I don't want to see new interpretations of those characters but keep wanting to having the same people playing them".

Time will tell, but I think NWH will be a one off in the sense of the returning characters. Allows them to acknowledge the past a bit through the multiverse, while always setting up different versions for the MCU in the future. For the marvel lego fans, hopefully that means multiple sets now and the future to look forward too.

30 minutes ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

Time will tell, but I think NWH will be a one off in the sense of the returning characters. Allows them to acknowledge the past a bit through the multiverse, while always setting up different versions for the MCU in the future. For the marvel lego fans, hopefully that means multiple sets now and the future to look forward too.

Oh I agree, it makes perfect sense in NWH and I absolutely love it.

I just meant the attitude like "I don't need any new versions, I'm fine with the old ones being the only ones".

9 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

you did say in a podcast months ago that the NWH wave could be huge for lego.

8 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

you did say in a podcast months ago that the NWH wave could be huge for lego.

I didn’t say which one 

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Well, I wouldn’t oppose new, main MCU timeline versions of these characters, but given how classic those portrayals are, it is nice that the MCU is acknowledging them instead of recasting them right away.

Has anyone mentioned that there is a rumor floating around that actually seems reliable about an Infinity Saga game?