Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

When are we expecting the official official  set reveal btw? Now that the second trailer has shown the Deviants (including Kro) and two Celestials (including Arishem), they don’t have any excuses to hold the HD pics back any longer :tongue:

I'd imagine they'll be revealed by Marvel when they do a big drop of Eternals merch reveals like they had for Shang-Chi and No Way Home.

We might get a Spider-man: NWH Teaser/Trailer before the end of the month. Apparently it is being shown at Cinema Con non-publically on August 23rd - 26th and that could mean a release either at the end of the month or attached to Shang-Chi.

4 hours ago, TakeaBrick said:

If LEGO does not ride on this IMMENSE hype

Comparing on google trends, it's got very little hype. Can understand why as the trailer looked fairly bland/boring personally along with confirming aspects of a plot leak from a while back. I'm skipping this one regardless. I think Lego gave it several sets solely because they wanted to include all the main characters in set form.

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

When are we expecting the official official  set reveal btw? Now that the second trailer has shown the Deviants (including Kro) and two Celestials (including Arishem), they don’t have any excuses to hold the HD pics back any longer :tongue:

I'm still expecting this to be delayed if Shang Chi performs poorly. Venom 2 might get delayed again to January. Would make sense to push Eternals and Spider-man: NWH back also to March & May.

Either way, it'd make sense for them to reveal the sets officially in late September - as the sets are not releasing until late October/November at the earliest. Then again, considering this is Lego we are talking about, I fully expect the sets to be available in stores or via leaks way before an official reveal.

Edited by Scarilian

Hope they officially reveal the sets soon, I need to see more pictures of them ASAP :drool: 

1 minute ago, Scarilian said:

Either way, it'd make sense for them to reveal the sets officially in late September - as the sets are not releasing until late October/November at the earliest. Then again, considering this is Lego we are talking about, I fully expect the sets to be available in stores or via leaks way before an official reveal.

They are releasing October 1st.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They are releasing October 1st.

We've seen the October 1st Spider-man: NWH sets, so if they are October 1st sets they should be revealed already. I think they are going to be pushed back :look:

20 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

We've seen the October 1st Spider-man: NWH sets, so if they are October 1st sets they should be revealed already. I think they are going to be pushed back :look:

I wouldn’t worry about that...Spider-Man already had a merchandise push. Eternals hasn’t had that yet. There are still a handful of October sets we haven’t seen yet

22 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Well, no.

1. There are October sets that haven't been revealed yet - for example The Tumbler. It releases on the same day as NWH sets, but it hasn't been officially revealed yet.

2. NWH sets were revealed ONLY because Marvel let them. Whole NWH was revealed on the same day, you could call it an "event" - the same event will happen for Eternals, when they reveal all the toys and merchandise. When? Unknown as of now.

29 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I'm still expecting this to be delayed if Shang Chi performs poorly. Venom 2 might get delayed again to January. Would make sense to push Eternals and Spider-man: NWH back also to March & May.

If Marvel isn't making any decision regarding Eternals' releasedate until they know how well Shang-Chi has performed it would most likely be far too late for big companies like LEGO to delay their planned releases again. Regardless of what happens to the releasedate of the movie I'm confident the sets will keep their current releasedate.

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

Comparing on google trends, it's got very little hype. Can understand why as the trailer looked fairly bland/boring personally along with confirming aspects of a plot leak from a while back. I'm skipping this one regardless. I think Lego gave it several sets solely because they wanted to include all the main characters in set form.

It has little hype now, but they've only just begun their marketing for the film. I expect the trend to follow as Shang-Chi did which had a similar trend until their campaign a few months ago. 

Finally, we have a wave of lego sets with no random builds. Very happy to see some of the Deviants we saw in the sets appearing in the trailer

27 minutes ago, hvader said:

Finally, we have a wave of lego sets with no random builds. Very happy to see some of the Deviants we saw in the sets appearing in the trailer

I think in terms of builds this is the best Marvel wave we've ever got.

All of them appear in the movie. All of them are unique. None of them are overpriced. All of them use interesting techniques. All of them seem perfectly finished (without looking at a build and thinking "hmm, I could add this and this"). All of them will look amazing on display by themselves. All of them will look amazing together.

Love it.

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

None of them are overpriced.

Compared to it's $90 pricetag in the US 100 euro in Europe feels pretty overpriced to me, 110 in the Netherlands even more so.

30 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Compared to it's $90 pricetag in the US 100 euro in Europe feels pretty overpriced to me, 110 in the Netherlands even more so.

It has 1040 pieces so I don't feel that it's overpriced. Even 110€ is a fair price I think, but I have no idea why they sometimes make sets pricier in Europe.

At least it's not the Endgame Final Battle type of case where the set has over 500 pieces, but is priced $70 in US (bad price), and then they took that overpriced... price and made it even more overpriced at 90€.

Just now, doclord said:

It’s a bit of a shame that Domo couldn’t be black and gold, but maybe the scenes are just misleading.

Remember that all of those sets are based on concept arts.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

1 hour ago, hvader said:

It’s a bit of a shame that the Domo ship couldn’t be black and gold, but maybe the scenes are just misleading.

Edited by doclord

4 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

At least it's not the Endgame Final Battle type of case where the set has over 500 pieces, but is priced $70 in US (bad price), and then they took that overpriced... price and made it even more overpriced at 90€.

That's true. 

Probably a very unpopular opinion here but I actually think that set is pretty mediocre. The figures are a mixed bag and the Compound build is just meh :def_shrug:

16 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Probably a very unpopular opinion here but I actually think that set is pretty mediocre. The figures are a mixed bag and the Compound build is just meh :def_shrug:

I 100% agree. I had high expectations, but I was super underwhelmed with the final result. The figures are fine but the build is just so boring and not worth displaying. I'm probably going to create a MOC that represents the scene in a more display-friendly way.

I'm still in disbelief that the winged Deviant is actually from the movie. I thought it was another random build lego came up with... 

12 minutes ago, hvader said:

I'm still in disbelief that the winged Deviant is actually from the movie. I thought it was another random build lego came up with... 

LEGO's Deviants actually appearing in the movie is great but I'm honestly much more impressed with the colorscheme being decently accurate :laugh:

16 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

LEGO's Deviants actually appearing in the movie is great but I'm honestly much more impressed with the colorscheme being decently accurate :laugh:

Agreed. The 4 sets are gorgeous

3 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

That's true. 

I have mixed feelings for this set.

On the one hand, it's based on Endgame's Final Battle. Like come on, it's the biggest scene in cinema history, and the best and most memorable sequence from any MCU production. The fact that it's based on this seems like enough to make me not only want this set, but like it. Not to mention accurate builds and minifigs (well... at least when compared to 2019 sets).

On the other hand... minifigures are a mixed bag. Thanos is amazing. Cap is great. Thor is good. Chitauri, while looking good, seems unnecessary (could be another hero). Black Panther makes no sense as to appears in a 20€ set from the same wave, ALSO based on EFB. Scarlet Witch is absolutely terrible, and so is Iron Man (love the shield tho). I love the van, and the build is okay, I love the logo, but the turret is crappy and there's no way it's worth 90€. It's like a decent 50€ build.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

On the one hand, it's based on Endgame's Final Battle. Like come on, it's the biggest scene in cinema history, and the best and most memorable sequence from any MCU production.

The ice skating sequence of Batman and Robin would like to have a word with you.

Also, I have to agree, the final battle is a mixed bag. The compound really needs like a 150$ set to get it right, and although Luis’s van is pretty good, it feels sad without Luis. The figures are just okay, only like 4 are exclusive and they just aren’t great, other than Thanos and Ant Man.

Edited by Brickroll

35 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

The ice skating sequence of Batman and Robin would like to have a word with you.

Also, I have to agree, the final battle is a mixed bag. The compound really needs like a 150$ set to get it right, and although Luis’s van is pretty good, it feels sad without Luis. The figures are just okay, only like 4 are exclusive and they just aren’t great, other than Thanos and Ant Man.

Dang it, you got me on that one :look:

On a completely unrelated note, someone in the HP thread brought up that there’s a thread there for updating minifigs. Considering there is at least one other one, (SW) I became curious since the only figs I usually update are Marvel, do we have an “Updating your Marvel Minifigs” thread? I’d also be curious if there’s one for builds.

Edited by Brickroll

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

On the one hand, it's based on Endgame's Final Battle. Like come on, it's the biggest scene in cinema history, and the best and most memorable sequence from any MCU production. The fact that it's based on this seems like enough to make me not only want this set, but like it. Not to mention accurate builds and minifigs (well... at least when compared to 2019 sets).

I love the Endgame Final Battle set, but I agree that in an ideal world, Lego would go even further with it. I'd happily pay $100 for a giant minifig pack with even more characters. However, compared to the 2020 sets, I appreciate this set a lot. 

2 hours ago, Brickroll said:

On a completely unrelated note, someone in the HP thread brought up that there’s a thread there for updating minifigs. Considering there is at least one other one, (SW) I became curious since the only figs I usually update are Marvel, do we have an “Updating your Marvel Minifigs” thread? I’d also be curious if there’s one for builds.

Sometimes the purist superheroes thread is used that way (or at least it partly used to be when it was more active). But as far as a sole thread for updating figs I don’t believe so. I’d be very open to one. There’s so many good ones that people say that often get lost in this thread.

19 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Well, no.

1. There are October sets that haven't been revealed yet - for example The Tumbler. It releases on the same day as NWH sets, but it hasn't been officially revealed yet.

2. NWH sets were revealed ONLY because Marvel let them. Whole NWH was revealed on the same day, you could call it an "event" - the same event will happen for Eternals, when they reveal all the toys and merchandise. When? Unknown as of now.

The next hasbro legends fan event is next thursday. 26th…

i think the figures will be revealed then. Perhaps that will be a day for eternal merch.