Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

An image of Moon Knights MCU costume has seemingly leaked. It would be a damn shame if we don't get at least 1 set for the show.

Thanks for letting us know. I hadn't seen it yet. If you can't tell from my profile pic and name, I'm super pumped for this series!

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

We almost definitely won't get a yearly CMF, which means that they have to start doing sets.

And man, I hope they do - Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, Moon Knight and Secret Invasion are the next 5 series after the 1st 4 ones, and each one sounds so dope.

Plus a season two of What If...?. With the first four shows being relegated to a CMF, I'm curious how future D+ properties will be treated. More $30-40 sets? The 4+sets? Or something different?

2 hours ago, hvader said:

Are you serious? Shang-Chi is supposed to combat ignorance and racism. It's extremely disappointing to see that people are still using terms like these that have harmed the Asian community for a long time. Please don't say things like that. 

:thumbup:

8 hours ago, Buckethead said:

Another photo of Moon Knight leaked. Curious to see how Lego handles the hood and cape.

If they handle it at all :shrug_oh_well:

I just built the Hydra Stomper after watching the first episode and I have to say I don’t get all the hate towards it. Sure, it would have looked more accurate if they had used olive rather than the darker green but the mech is cleverly designed and a fun build. The set also gives us variants of two characters that we probably won’t have a chance to get again. Personally I’m really hoping for more What If sets in the future. 

51 minutes ago, djmangunz said:

I just built the Hydra Stomper after watching the first episode and I have to say I don’t get all the hate towards it. Sure, it would have looked more accurate if they had used olive rather than the darker green but the mech is cleverly designed and a fun build. The set also gives us variants of two characters that we probably won’t have a chance to get again. Personally I’m really hoping for more What If sets in the future. 

People hate it because it's a terrible set which only a few can look at and say "I like it", simple as that.

The minifgures are awful. Peggy not only uses a suit which doesn't even appear in the series, but compared to the CMF one, it's inferior in literally every way - hairpiece, face, prints, dual-mouldings etc. Steve doesn't even slightly look like Rogers, he looks much more like Trevor from Wonder Woman. Red Skull is just a repeat.

The build is also horrible - the colour is definitely the worst part. The build is clunky, there are too many rough edges. You can see Steve from underneath the helmet. Curved legs make him look like he's sitting. Arms with the random thin piece in the middle. The stickers are even inaccurate, instead of a white star and white words we get Captain America's shield (how does that even make sense?) and a random grey circle. 

I could go on and on about how awful it is, but I'll stop right there.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

People hate it because it's a terrible set which only a few can look at and say "I like it", simple as that.

Who am I to disagree with such a passionate argument? lol. 

I agree there are some flaws but with a $30 dollar price tag I feel the designers did a pretty good job. Yes there are some details that don’t match up but we get that with almost every set based on a tv or movie. As far as the figures, we will get a more accurate Captain Carter with the CMF so that’s not that big of a deal.

I think the majority of the hate comes from the fact most people just didn’t want another mech. 

I like it, you hate it. To each their own. 

With Ashnflashs new video, do you think that we'll have a definite box order for each figure? Or is it random? I've never been into the whole 'collecting a whole series' sorta deal, so I'm rather new to this.

Ashnflash video shows that Carter and Tchalla apparently have two expressions, though they are hard to see. Also Throg has his helmet molded on AND a small cape on his back. looks great

Edited by doclord

1 hour ago, doclord said:

Ashnflash video shows that Carter and Tchalla apparently have two expressions, though they are hard to see. Also Throg has his helmet molded on AND a small cape on his back. looks great

Spidey too has a double-sided face print! Good to know all of them do.

I'm not a fan of the What If sets because both mechs are pretty bad builds compared to the good $30-40 Hulkbusters we've been getting for years. I like the appearance of the Sakaarian mech and the car transformation is cool, but IMO there's no excuse for such poor arm and leg articulation on both of these mechs. I really hate the limb builds. 

I was SO pleasantly surprised by EP1 of What If, and recalled there was a “hydra stomper” set revealed. Thought I’d found something else in the Marvel wave to buy! I have no real affinity for NYC, but I would have forked over $25-30 for an olive green Hydra Stomper with “Hello from Brooklyn” stickered onto the fists.

But man, that mech looks terrible to me. No sale. Makes me wonder what concept art Lego had to work with, because that Stomper could have been soooo much better looking to this casual fan.

For UK (and I think Europe as well?) fans, the new avengers magazine with the helicarrier war machine is out!
I am sorely tempted to make an army of him, but then I'd have no budget left for the CMF or for the rest of the year :grin: I'll probably settle for a few copies and call it a day.

Thanks for the tip, I'll keep my eye out for it.
Or at least dropping prices on BL :laugh:

Regards,
Mitch

On 8/9/2021 at 11:47 PM, djmangunz said:

With Marvel’s What If show just around the corner I’ve been inspired to build a more accurate Erik Killmonger minifig based on his appearance in the What If trailer. I have the figure from the royal talon fighter set but I’m looking for a head and hairpiece that are closer to the mark. There don’t seem to be any good existing dreadlock pieces out there but I’m willing to purchase a good custom hairpiece or go for shorter hair if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks in advance! 

I've done that personally.. it's Shuri's hair, not great but good enough imo

IMG_20210811_004255.jpg

On 8/14/2021 at 10:19 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

If they handle it at all :shrug_oh_well:

I'm sure that they will make a Moon Kinght eventually, but we might have to wait from him to appear outside of his show first.

At 1:13 in the What If...? trailer, Captain Carter has a white/silver stripe on her shoulder (not present in her episode 1 uniform). Seems like she will get a costume change, but I don't know if it's the stealth suit.

Edited by Buckethead

Can any other U.K. users help me out. Other than at my closest LEGO store, the only new set I’ve seen on sale was the What If? Iron Man Mech, is there an issue with the Shang Chi sets and the Hydra Stomper none of my usual retailers have had them in stock. 

9 hours ago, TobyAis said:

I've done that personally.. it's Shuri's hair, not great but good enough imo

IMG_20210811_004255.jpg

What legs are you using?

1 hour ago, AndrewCole14 said:

Can any other U.K. users help me out. Other than at my closest LEGO store, the only new set I’ve seen on sale was the What If? Iron Man Mech, is there an issue with the Shang Chi sets and the Hydra Stomper none of my usual retailers have had them in stock. 

I can’t see the Hydra Stomper on anything other than the Lego site, but John Lewis and Smyth’s show the Shang Chi sets in stock.

1 hour ago, AndrewCole14 said:

Don't live in the UK but I went to the LEGO store in Utrecht on August 4th and they didn't have the Shang-Chi and Hydra Stomper sets in stock there either despite the fact they should've gotten them in a while back according to the employee I spoke to. I guess there may be a problem with the supply of those sets in Europe? 

2 hours ago, AndrewCole14 said:

They are all retail exclusive sets unfortunately. The Shang Chi Dragon is a John Lewis exclusive, the car chase is a Smyths exclusive. Then for the Hydra Stomper it doesn't seem to have been given anywhere other than Lego directly for now annoyingly :hmpf_bad: