Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

6 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

I have been working on a better version of the hydra stomper, at about the mech scale, and I have to ask, does anyone have any ideas for the helmet? Right now I’m just considering going with the Iron Man mark one even though it’s the wrong color and doesn’t exist in studio. Is there a better piece in olive green that might go well with a sticker?

https://brickset.com/parts/6064462/mini-figur-helmet-no-14-no-8

https://brickset.com/parts/6203810/mini-helmet-no-174

These may be helpful but as I'm sure you've noticed, not a lot to use in that color. 

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

According to Deadline Sony is considering delaying Venom: Let There Be Carnage to October 15th or January 2022. If they end up delaying it NWH will definitely follow suit.

NOOOOOOOO I’m gonna cry. At this point it seems like a NWH delay is inevitable :(

Edited by hvader

The delay for Venom: Let there be Carnage has seemingly been confirmed. The release date is now October 15th. I am pretty certain this delay is to allow them to wait and see how Shang Chi performs in regards to box office. I believe when (As it's box office tracking is quite low) Shang Chi performs poorly in September that Venom: Let there be Carnage will be delayed to January. Eternals and Spider-man: NWH slate would also be delayed to March and May respectively, pushing back the entire MCU slate after Shang Chi.

It may get pushed back even further if the impact on the box office is not resolved in 2022, personally I think hollywood needs to take the 'L' and accept that the MCU's formula of pumping out a bunch of high budget action movies needs to change and adapt for the current times, though any plans being implimented at the moment would'nt be able to impact films until around Deadpool 3, Fantastic Four or Blade. Current estimates for likely shuffled release schedule would be the following:

• March 25th, 2022 - Eternals
  • May 6th, 2022 - Spider-man: NWH
  • July 8th, 2022 - Doctor Strange: MoM
  • November 11th, 2022 - Thor: L&T
  • February 17th, 2023 - Black Panther: WF
  • May 5th, 2023 - The Marvels
  • July 28th, 2023 - Ant-Man 3
  • October 6th, 2023 - GotG 3
  • November 10th, 2023 - Deadpool 3
  • April/May (?) 2024 - Fantastic Four

If such a delay happens this would almost certainly mean that we see images of the villains and other spoilery aspects prior to the release of Spider-man: NWH - whether that be in merchandising or perhaps even the second wave (hopefully) of Lego sets. I'm still curious as to what will happen with the Eternals lego sets, we've not seen much to hint that they are definitely coming this year, nobody showing off the figure they have acquired from production lines, so they could be pushed back once again.

Bob Chapek (Disney CEO) just referred to Eternals as a 'fiscal 2022' movie on their earnings call, which some have taken to mean it's been delayed, but apparently Disney's financial year begins in October and so November is still very possible. Confusing though!

Edited by PhoenixBuilder
Clarified info

20 minutes ago, PhoenixBuilder said:

Bob Chapek (Disney CEO) just referred to Eternals as a 'fiscal 2022' movie on their earnings call, which some have taken to mean it's been delayed, but apparently Disney's financial year begins in October and so November is still very possible. Confusing though! 

It's possible, but when Shang Chi performs poorly it will be a domino effect. Sony will push Venom: Let there be Carnage back to January. Then Marvel will later push Eternals and Spider-man: NWH back to March and May resulting in the estimated timeline I posted. Personally my concern is what happens to all the Lego sets, it's going to be an utter mess if the Eternals sets get delayed again, let alone a wave 2 of Spider-man: NWH or even other films that should have associated sets. We're going to see a lot of things revealed before we see trailers for films.

Edited by Scarilian

I'm really exited for the LEGO Marvel Advent Calendar coming later this year. I'm just going to get it for the Infinity Gauntlet and Stones, since I missed out on most of the Endgame Sets, and all the Infinity War Sets

4 hours ago, Brickroll said:

I have been working on a better version of the hydra stomper, at about the mech scale, and I have to ask, does anyone have any ideas for the helmet? Right now I’m just considering going with the Iron Man mark one even though it’s the wrong color and doesn’t exist in studio. Is there a better piece in olive green that might go well with a sticker?

Share some pictures when you can, very interested in a mech-scale Stomper.

It’s so sad that Shang-Chi, a movie so important to Asians and Asian Americans, is now becoming the next victim of pandemic box office… 

Edited by hvader

33 minutes ago, hvader said:

It’s so sad that Shang-Chi, a movie so important to Asians and Asian Americans, is now becoming the next victim of pandemic box office… 

Yeah that's going to hurt! I don't care what movie comes out right now, people are not going to theatres like they used too, and its going to take awhile. Yet almost every article speaks to the movie being the issue, or a hybrid model, or other issues aside from the pandemic!

I don't know how many articles I read about Black Widow, comparing to Avengers gross, or biggest drop offs etc. (There is no comparable situation), Shang Chi is not going to have a great gross regardless of how good or bad it will, which is very unfortunate.

16 minutes ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

I don't care what movie comes out right now, people are not going to theatres like they used too, and its going to take awhile.

This. Sources keep going on about Sony not wanting to release Spider-Man: No Way Home because it won't earn nearly as much money as it would've done pre-pandemic but delaying the film isn't going to do much unless they delay it by a couple of years :tongue:

This has almost nothing to do with LEGO at this point, but personally I hope it's a wake up call to the studios to stop bloating the budgets and runtimes. Some movies have actually been doing pretty solidly at the box office at the moment, but the big movies' budgets are SO high that it's impossible for them to become profitable during the current circumstances and lower audience turnout. Let's get back to 90-minute, slightly smaller scale films and they can be in business even during our current times.

Anyway, if the MCU slate does get pushed back again, that could give LEGO an opening for another Infinity Saga wave, and to that I'd say: yes please!

7 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

This has almost nothing to do with LEGO at this point, but personally I hope it's a wake up call to the studios to stop bloating the budgets and runtimes.

It would probably also be smart to put out less movies. Let's go back to 3 movies a year, especially with Disney+ consistently pumping out content 4 movies feels exciting but a little bit unnecessary. And in an effort to somewhat shift the topic back to LEGO: one less movie a year could also free up space for some much needed D+ sets.

Picked up the Bro Thor set today, great little set and its got all sorts of cool details in it.

9 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Anyway, if the MCU slate does get pushed back again, that could give LEGO an opening for another Infinity Saga wave, and to that I'd say: yes please! 

I'd hope that we end up getting more legacy sets in 2022 regardless - given it is the 10th anniversary of Avengers.

I am however really curious about what is going to happen to the Eternals sets, Lego cannot keep pushing the sets back forever and will a month or two notice be enough time for them to change plans? They were meant to be releasing this November, would they push them back to February/March on such short notice.

It'll also be interesting as to when the first Spider-man: NWH villain image will appear. If the movie is pushed back we might not see a trailer until early 2022, while we may have toys or images of the villains and other aspects appear a lot earlier.

10 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

This. Sources keep going on about Sony not wanting to release Spider-Man: No Way Home because it won't earn nearly as much money as it would've done pre-pandemic but delaying the film isn't going to do much unless they delay it by a couple of years :tongue:

While that may seem true to an extent, delaying the movie to May 2022 would mean that it releases in summer. F9 released in Summer 2021 and earned around $660m.

If the box office improves a bit more, the Summer 2022 release combined with the nostalgia factor and hopefully less IRL stuff to worry about could mean that Spider-man: NWH performs better.

9 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

I hope it's a wake up call to the studios to stop bloating the budgets and runtimes.

I think after GotG 3 we'll see an impact on the budget for MCU films. Deadpool 3, Blade and Fantastic Four will likely have a lower budget between $50-$150m

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

I think after GotG 3 we'll see an impact on the budget for MCU films. Deadpool 3, Blade and Fantastic Four will likely have a lower budget between $50-$150m

Maybe they'll even make actual movie sets and real costumes again! As if. I think Feige would have an aneurysm if they didn't cover everything with an unnatural CGI sheen

2 hours ago, ood0 said:

Maybe they'll even make actual movie sets and real costumes again! As if. I think Feige would have an aneurysm if they didn't cover everything with an unnatural CGI sheen

Yeah like that is Feige's choice at all:grin:

15 hours ago, hvader said:

MCU’s first lead Chinese super hero, taken out by the China virus. There’s some irony there! :laugh:

Thankfully the lego sets have not suffered the same fate. It’ll be a shame if later movies are delayed and that ends up impacting future set development. Perhaps a silver lining would be these delays allowing lego to release additional anniversary sets of past movies they otherwise wouldn’t’ve been able to.

4 hours ago, Scarilian said:

I don't see this happening. If you take a look at the "Box office performance" list towards the bottom of the page of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Marvel_Cinematic_Universe_films you will see that they haven't made a movie under $150 million since Ant-Man in 2015. And they've never made an MCU movie under $100 in the MCU. Plus, Fantastic Four is gonna have CGI galore with all the heroes' powers, which I see being quite costly. I hope we see Deadpool 3 and Blade on the lower budget side since these heroes mostly focus on saving the city more so than saving the universe.

An image of Moon Knights MCU costume has seemingly leaked. It would be a damn shame if we don't get at least 1 set for the show.

33 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

MCU’s first lead Chinese super hero, taken out by the China virus. There’s some irony there! :laugh:

"China virus"? Are you megablocking kidding me?

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

An image of Moon Knights MCU costume has seemingly leaked. It would be a damn shame if we don't get at least 1 set for the show.

We almost definitely won't get a yearly CMF, which means that they have to start doing sets.

And man, I hope they do - Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, Moon Knight and Secret Invasion are the next 5 series after the 1st 4 ones, and each one sounds so dope.

3 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

This has almost nothing to do with LEGO at this point, but personally I hope it's a wake up call to the studios to stop bloating the budgets and runtimes. Some movies have actually been doing pretty solidly at the box office at the moment, but the big movies' budgets are SO high that it's impossible for them to become profitable during the current circumstances and lower audience turnout. Let's get back to 90-minute, slightly smaller scale films and they can be in business even during our current times.

3 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

It would probably also be smart to put out less movies. Let's go back to 3 movies a year, especially with Disney+ consistently pumping out content 4 movies feels exciting but a little bit unnecessary. And in an effort to somewhat shift the topic back to LEGO: one less movie a year could also free up space for some much needed D+ sets.

Agreed with all of these sentiments. Also, I understand that they have a plan with all of their characters, but at this point I just want to see their existing characters be given more of the spotlight like they did in WandaVision and Falcon and the Winter Soldier and less new characters introduced in stand alone movies unless they are truly A-listers like the Fantastic Four, the X-Men. Some characters are meant to be part of a team up issue in the comics or work much better as part of a larger group of heroes, and I would like to see Marvel do some of that. I know their movies aren't out yet but Shang Chi never struck me as having the demand nor the "it" factor to have a stand alone movie, and the Eternals, while excellent in the comics, seem sort of... er redundant and unneeded.

But yes lego please bring us some much needed Disney and Infinity Saga characters (Endgame Iron Patriot, US Agent, Baron Zemo, Agatha, and Whiplash :excited:)

1 hour ago, KevinMD said:

MCU’s first lead Chinese super hero, taken out by the China virus.

Are you serious? Shang-Chi is supposed to combat ignorance and racism. It's extremely disappointing to see that people are still using terms like these that have harmed the Asian community for a long time. Please don't say things like that. 

Edited by hvader

Imagine if everyone is looking forward to another infinity saga wave and instead we get a square enix Guardians of the Galaxy and Battle for Wakanda wave…

Although I could see that being really cool, particularly since I liked the first SE wave. Either way, I would hope for ant man, even though it doesn’t sound like he’s been a huge part of the game.

On a similar note, doesn’t that Winter Soldier face look like it was designed for Scott?

Edited by Brickroll