Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

It's possible this 4+ line-up (which I actually haven't been able to find, how many sets is it?) is about sets related to the upcoming spiderman show for kids:

This could also cover the compulsory yearly spiderman sets, giving more space to the mainline Marvel theme for MCU/10th anniversary stuff.

2 hours ago, Buckethead said:

Also, I don't know what your criteria are for "superior Minifigures." The upcoming No Way Home set (despite a Nick Fury repeat) has some interesting new designs for Spider-Man and Mysterio. 

That's what I'm saying.

4+ minifigures are as good as the regular ones, but they aren't better. They are the same quality.

9 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I really hope this list is fake. The 4+ sets in regular waves have been great recently - AoU Cap set was great, and the Mysterio set is so amazing it'll be the 1st 4+ set I'll buy. 

But a whole subtheme of 4+ sets? Please Lego, no one needs that...

Personally I'd prefer a 4+ subtheme, they would not need to focus on specific builds and could work almost entirely on the figures.

Spider-man: NWH alone has around 8 or 9 viable figures that fans will likely want to collect so splitting them out over four 4+ sets would be a smart choice. It could also be an easy way for us to get Disney+ figures under a 4+ line or even just expand the amount of legacy sets we get as opposed to a lot of big sets with builds that have a higher risk of shelfwarming, just release a 4+ set with Thor and Malekith with a tiny spaceship, Iron Man and Whiplash with a little car, War Machine with Whiplash MK2 and a Hammer drone, etc...

Edited by Scarilian

27 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Personally I'd prefer a 4+ subtheme, they would not need to focus on specific builds and could work almost entirely on the figures.

Spider-man: NWH alone has around 8 or 9 viable figures that fans will likely want to collect so splitting them out over four 4+ sets would be a smart choice. It could also be an easy way for us to get Disney+ figures under a 4+ line or even just expand the amount of legacy sets we get as opposed to a lot of big sets with builds that have a higher risk of shelfwarming, just release a 4+ set with Thor and Malekith with a tiny spaceship, Iron Man and Whiplash with a little car, War Machine with Whiplash MK2 and a Hammer drone, etc...

So instead of getting good minifigures and good builds you'd prefer... good minifigures and bad builds?

5 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

But if LEGO sees those sets are selling well they'll double down on them. Eventually we might end up seeing very desirable figures being exclusively placed in very expensive 4+ sets.

3 hours ago, Buckethead said:

I wouldn't say 4+ sets are "very expensive" unless you're judging them based on a price-to-piece ratio, then yeah. But most 4+ sets are around $10-30. I guess we have to wait and see what the sets are. Maybe they don't sell that well. It doesn't seem like the Juniors or Mighty Micros lasted that long.

@Buckethead, I think what @lego_guyon02 is trying to say is that if 4+ sets start to sell well then we'll start to see bigger and more expensive 4+ sets. Just because it's a 4+ set doesn't necessarily mean the piece count and price have to be low.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That's what I'm saying.

4+ minifigures are as good as the regular ones, but they aren't better. They are the same quality.

Maybe it's just me, but if the quality is the same, then I don't care if they're 4+ or not. My main issue will probably be the builds, but I've personally been more interested in the Minifigures.

12 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

@Buckethead, I think what @lego_guyon02 is trying to say is that if 4+ sets start to sell well then we'll start to see bigger and more expensive 4+ sets. Just because it's a 4+ set doesn't necessarily mean the piece count and price have to be low.

True, but as of right now, 4+ sets are generally cheaper than the usual sets. But even if they do become more expensive, the issue seemed to be that exclusive Minifigures would be featured in more expensive sets only, but that already seems to be a problem like with the Benatar. That's not really a 4+ problem.

47 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

So instead of getting good minifigures and good builds you'd prefer... good minifigures and bad builds?

I'd rather not have a 'good build' that's innacurate, unnecessary or inconsequential and only serves to add cost to the set.

I'd rather get something like the 4+ Spider-man Vs. Mysterio's Drone Attack (76184) that has three figures I am interested in and it'd feel like I'm paying for the figures as opposed to Spider-Man’s Drone Duel (76195) where it has two figures I am interested in and a large vehicle build that does not interest me and may not appear in the movie. In a similar sense aspects such as the weird bug monster in the workshop and even the workshop itself could be avoided if it was handled differently. I'd more willing to pay for the figures I'm interested in as opposed to a large build I am not interested in because it has figures I want.

I'm not saying Lego needs to stop doing higher age ranged focused Marvel sets, but using 4+ sets as an accompanyment to the normal sets is the best way to handle films where aspects are kept secretive. It'd work for times where all they have is the concept art of the characters and not builds, could even be used for Disney+ characters where the only thing that is consistent between episodes is normally the core characters.

I'd rather not wind up with a Doctor Strange Sanctum set for Spider-man NWH Wave 2 AND/OR Doctor Strange 2 simply because they are unsure what builds to do because of the lack of marketting - especially seeing as we'll likely eventually get a D2C Comic Sanctum set anyway after the popularity of the Daily Bugle and with Doctor Strange starting to feature more prominently due to multiverse stuff.

Just now, Scarilian said:

I'd rather not have a 'good build' that's innacurate, unnecessary or inconsequential and only serves to add cost to the set.

I'd rather get something like the 4+ Spider-man Vs. Mysterio's Drone Attack (76184) that has three figures I am interested in and it'd feel like I'm paying for the figures as opposed to Spider-Man’s Drone Duel (76195) where it has two figures I am interested in and a large vehicle build that does not interest me and may not appear in the movie. In a similar sense aspects such as the weird bug monster in the workshop and even the workshop itself could be avoided if it was handled differently. I'd more willing to pay for the figures I'm interested in as opposed to a large build I am not interested in because it has figures I want.

I'm not saying Lego needs to stop doing higher age ranged focused Marvel sets, but using 4+ sets as an accompanyment to the normal sets is the best way to handle films where aspects are kept secretive. It'd work for times where all they have is the concept art of the characters and not builds, could even be used for Disney+ characters where the only thing that is consistent between episodes is normally the core characters.

I'd rather not wind up with a Doctor Strange Sanctum set for Spider-man NWH Wave 2 AND/OR Doctor Strange 2 simply because they are unsure what builds to do because of the lack of marketting - especially seeing as we'll likely eventually get a D2C Comic Sanctum set anyway after the popularity of the Daily Bugle and with Doctor Strange starting to feature more prominently due to multiverse stuff.

I have similar feelings.

One for anyone UK based. Just noticed on WH Smith’s website they offer special prices if ordering 36 of the last two CMF’s. Same for 20 of the Super Mario character packs. 

If an order like that results in being sent a complete box rather than 36 randomly selected ones that’ll be a good way to get a full box for anyone looking to do so. 

I’m thinking about the Marvel CMF when it releases, for the avoidance of any doubt!

Edited by Caps Beard

With Marvel’s What If show just around the corner I’ve been inspired to build a more accurate Erik Killmonger minifig based on his appearance in the What If trailer. I have the figure from the royal talon fighter set but I’m looking for a head and hairpiece that are closer to the mark. There don’t seem to be any good existing dreadlock pieces out there but I’m willing to purchase a good custom hairpiece or go for shorter hair if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks in advance! 

14 hours ago, SteelRiftGaming said:

Anyone in the uk know when the next lego marvel magazine with war machine is due out

Just had a look, should be the 11th. 

1 hour ago, djmangunz said:

With Marvel’s What If show just around the corner I’ve been inspired to build a more accurate Erik Killmonger minifig based on his appearance in the What If trailer. I have the figure from the royal talon fighter set but I’m looking for a head and hairpiece that are closer to the mark. There don’t seem to be any good existing dreadlock pieces out there but I’m willing to purchase a good custom hairpiece or go for shorter hair if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks in advance! 

Not sure on the hair, but Falcon’s face from the Infinity War sets (the one without the goggles) looks a lot like Michael B. Jordan. 

9F535F6A-2FA6-49B2-BC90-360286DCD75A.jpeg

When’s the last time everyone really loved a Marvel build that’s not a relatively expensive set (Sanctum, Bugle, Spider-Man bridge)? As a collector who buys all MCU sets, having 4+ ones like the Mysterio one with great minifigs and low price is perfect. I hope this trend of mixing regular and 4+ sets for movies continues.

Edited by hvader

Does anyone know if there is anywhere that is doing pre sales on the CMFs? I really would prefer to NOT sit at the door of my local store from 6 am to opening!! Lol... Also, has there ever been a purchase limit on these? This is the first CMF I'm getting into! Thanks for any help!! (In PA in the US btw)

38 minutes ago, hvader said:

When’s the last time everyone really loved a Marvel build that’s not a relatively expensive set (Sanctum, Bugle, Spider-Man bridge)? As a collector who buys all MCU sets, having 4+ ones like the Mysterio one with great minifigs and low price is perfect. I hope this trend of mixing regular and 4+ sets for movies continues.

I actually LOVE the New Asgard/Bro Thor set!! All the little details were awesome!

3 hours ago, hvader said:

Like the other guy said, Bro Thor’s New Asgard for sure. It was a nice change of pace from all the mechs and Spider-Man vehicles. I hope we get more Marvel sets like it in the future. 

3 hours ago, hvader said:

Iron Monger, Thor's living room, and Arishem are all standout builds this year for me. I don't want an entire wave of 4+ sets, personally. I'd take mediocre builds with more pieces over mediocre builds made of 3 giant molds since at least I can recycle the parts in non-4+ sets. 

4 hours ago, CowInADenBuilds said:

I actually LOVE the New Asgard/Bro Thor set!! All the little details were awesome!

LOL apologies I was not thinking about the Bro Thor set when making the previous argument. I still think more 4+ sets could be a good thing for minifig collectors. 

Edited by hvader

I think the new No Way Home Sanctum Garage is also a pretty fantastic smallish set outside of the 4+ range. It’s a cool playset with some greaf minifigs.

I also do not want an entire 4+ wave. As much as I love minifigs, they’ve become less important to me over the last year. I’m more hesitant to buy sets just for the figures and 4+ sets tend to be kinda useless outside of the figures. I guess it depends how they end up going about these sets. Imo, following the formula Star Wars has been doing with their Duel sets would work out pretty well for Marvel. 

13 hours ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Not sure on the hair, but Falcon’s face from the Infinity War sets (the one without the goggles) looks a lot like Michael B. Jordan. 

Great suggestion, thank you so much! 

15 hours ago, djmangunz said:

what about kai from ninjago?

hi all, I was just wondering what happened to the little comic books we used to get with sets? We haven’t had one since 2017 i believe 

4 hours ago, Rosie99 said:

what about kai from ninjago?

hi all, I was just wondering what happened to the little comic books we used to get with sets? We haven’t had one since 2017 i believe 

If I remember correctly, they were pretty standard in around 2012-2013 in both Marvel and DC.  After that, they disappeared for a few waves, then they started appearing again, but only in the back of the manuals I think?

I finally got my August 1st order! I got the first four Infinity Saga sets that we saw leaked pictures of (the 4+ Cap bike, Dragon Flyer, Iron Monger and Endgame Final Battle) and it really feels like things have come full circle. I remember seeing the leaked pictures in class during the last few weeks of high school and now I finally got the sets a week before I’m off to college.

I also got the Shang Chi polybag which is cool because I’m not sure if I’m getting any of the other sets for that movie.

12 hours ago, The Stud said:

Imo, following the formula Star Wars has been doing with their Duel sets would work out pretty well for Marvel. 

That's a great idea! A $20 set with Star-Lord vs Ego with a build of the Ego planet instantly becomes a must have for me!

I think the small systems sets became better with the time. Crossbones Hazard Heist is an example of an inaccurate cheap set we just buy for the figs, but look at the Dragon Flyer: a great build if I may say, and a cheap set. That's a set we are not buying just for the figs. And even an inaccurate system set is better than the 4+ counterpart, since you can use more pieces later for MOCs.

What If...? episode 1 makes the terrible design of LEGO's Hydra Stomper even more disappointing :look: Would've been such a cool set if the build hadn't sucked.