Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

13 minutes ago, dockofthebay said:

Sorry, I know this has likely already been asked, but what options are there in the UK for buying a full box of the Marvel CMF?

I see MinfigureMaddness have an offer on for 2 x boxes - are they legit? Anyone in UK have experience ordering from them? Any additional taxes expected?

Thanks.

I've bought from them twice before (located in the US) and they have decent prices, but I feel like they're a little scammy for people in North America. They still charge VAT even though it shouldn't apply to US/Canadian buyers, claiming that it's to cover import taxes, but I still had to pay additional import taxes on my last order because the company hadn't covered them. That wouldn't be something to worry about in the UK though and my boxes have always arrived in great condition so I'd say go for it!

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I've bought from them twice before (located in the US) and they have decent prices, but I feel like they're a little scammy for people in North America. They still charge VAT even though it shouldn't apply to US/Canadian buyers, claiming that it's to cover import taxes, but I still had to pay additional import taxes on my last order because the company hadn't covered them. That wouldn't be something to worry about in the UK though and my boxes have always arrived in great condition so I'd say go for it!

They're based in Ireland (as am I), and my understanding is that Irish (perhaps EU?) countries are obliged to collect VAT, which can then be claimed back by residents of the US / Canada through a couple of different systems here. That was my experience working in retail a few years ago, and I might be getting some details wrong, but I think that it might not be a fault of that store themselves. (Although clearly they shouldn't tell you that was covering prepaid import taxes if it wasn't, that just seems incorrect.)

Also import duties are now an issue from Ireland to the UK (and vice versa) since Brexit kicked in earlier this year. 

Another option for Europeans is JB Spielwaren who are selling individual boxes (where Minifigure Maddness is only selling sets of two boxes as far as I can see). I've placed an order for a box with them and while this is my first time ordering a CMF box from them, they are very reputable and well known.

Edited by PhoenixBuilder

16 minutes ago, PhoenixBuilder said:

They're based in Ireland (as am I), and my understanding is that Irish (perhaps EU?) countries are obliged to collect VAT, which can then be claimed back by residents of the US / Canada through a couple of different systems here. That was my experience working in retail a few years ago, and I might be getting some details wrong, but I think that it might not be a fault of that store themselves. (Although clearly they shouldn't tell you that was covering prepaid import taxes if it wasn't, that just seems incorrect.)

Also import duties are now an issue from Ireland to the UK (and vice versa) since Brexit kicked in earlier this year. 

Another option for Europeans is JB Spielwaren who are selling individual boxes (where Minifigure Maddness is only selling sets of two boxes as far as I can see). I've placed an order for a box with them and while this is my first time ordering a CMF box from them, they are very reputable and well known.

Whoops, okay then. I forgot about Brexit so feel free to disregard my comments. When I've shopped from other retailers in Europe like Brickshop, VAT was excluded from my total purchase price after putting in a US delivery address, although I don't know how the VAT laws in the Netherlands might differ. I certainly wasn't told about any way to reclaim the VAT amount and after the whole import taxes debacle that took weeks to resolve with Minifigure Maddness, I'm probably going to find a different retailer to buy a sealed box from this time. I looked into JB Spielwaren but sadly it seems like they only ship in Europe. 

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Whoops, okay then. I forgot about Brexit so feel free to disregard my comments. When I've shopped from other retailers in Europe like Brickshop, VAT was excluded from my total purchase price after putting in a US delivery address, although I don't know how the VAT laws in the Netherlands might differ. I certainly wasn't told about any way to reclaim the VAT amount and after the whole import taxes debacle that took weeks to resolve with Minifigure Maddness, I'm probably going to find a different retailer to buy a sealed box from this time. I looked into JB Spielwaren but sadly it seems like they only ship in Europe. 

For you and others in the US, I'd highly recommend Minifigures Plus. Their box price is $149 USD w/ free shipping and no tax, which seems impossible to beat here: https://forum.brickset.com/discussion/36404/minifigures-plus-marvel-studios-collectible-minifigures-71031-pre-order.

Edited by YetiZombie

31 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

For you and others in the US, I'd highly recommend Minifigures Plus. Their box price is $149 USD w/ free shipping and no tax, which seems impossible to beat here: https://forum.brickset.com/discussion/36404/minifigures-plus-marvel-studios-collectible-minifigures-71031-pre-order.

I second this; this is where I’ve been looking to pre-order the new series as well. Very reasonable pricing and shipping imo.

Edited by The Stud

I use minifigures plus for all of my CMF needs. Their prices are usually better than or equal to MSRP and I don't have to worry about standing at a store feeling all of them or risk missing the street date. I've bought the last 5 or 6 series from them and couldn't be happier. Although I only buy a set, not a full box. That price also sounds good, but I didn't want to sell off extras and I didn't need duplicates for any reason.

The only reason I haven't ordered from Minifigures Plus yet is because it says they won't ship until February 2022. That seems like a really long wait for a sealed box and the next series would be out by then. I might order from them anyway and still buy random packs in September, but I'd love to find a US seller that will ship in September/October. 

Edit: Apparently the Minifigures Plus website advertises a mid-September ship date. On Brickset it was February. Not sure why it's different but yeah, that price is unbeatable. 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

On 7/30/2021 at 5:12 AM, PGBQW said:

seems they have raised the price from 149 to 159 for a case

Edited by Mattallica
dont know why that quote appeard?

5 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The only reason I haven't ordered from Minifigures Plus yet is because it says they won't ship until February 2022. That seems like a really long wait for a sealed box and the next series would be out by then. I might order from them anyway and still buy random packs in September, but I'd love to find a US seller that will ship in September/October. 

Edit: Apparently the Minifigures Plus website advertises a mid-September ship date. On Brickset it was February. Not sure why it's different but yeah, that price is unbeatable. 

They say in the comments on the Brickset forum that it was a mistake, and they actually meant mid-September

3 hours ago, Mattallica said:

seems they have raised the price from 149 to 159 for a case

It's $149 if you go contact them thru the Brickset forum, but $159 regularly on their website

1 hour ago, YetiZombie said:

They say in the comments on the Brickset forum that it was a mistake, and they actually meant mid-September

Omg I got so scared for a second 

Is anyone on here from Australia,  if so, has the Marvel polybag promotion for shang chi completely sold out? Along with the sales boar idea set? 

Thanks in advance! 

The same 2022 list is making the rounds again, this time with set numbers for the 4 alleged 4+ sets: 10781 through 10784. Not sure how believable this information is

11 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The same 2022 list is making the rounds again, this time with set numbers for the 4 alleged 4+ sets: 10781 through 10784. Not sure how believable this information is

I'm not particularly one with insider info, but I'm fairly sure it'll wind up being legitimate. 4+ sets seem like an easy way of getting out figures without having to spend a lot of time designing sets.

On 8/4/2021 at 4:20 PM, lego_guyon02 said:

Got my hands on the Black Widow SDCC set thanks to a friend. I think it's a great set and it honestly does a way better job representing the movie than the helicopter set. Red Guardian is a bloody fantastic figure with the right mods (personally gave him Sinjin's face from Jurassic World and the CMF Monkey King legs with some of the printing removed) and snow suit Nat is just great. Still really bummed these figures aren't available for everyone to buy though.

Been offline for a bit and just saw this. I also snagged a set a week or two ago and couldn’t agree more! It’s a fantastic set and a much better representation set for the movie. I went with the sith trooper legs and Wiley Fusebot beard for Red Guardian and I think it looks great. I think the Monkey King legs are another great selection. The white suit Black Widow is another excellent minifigure. Super happy I was able to get the set.

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

With the set numbers for the 4+ line being separate numbering to the regular sets it makes me think again these will be a new subtheme for sure like we saw with the 4+ Mickey Mouse and friends line which started this year under a completely new numbering system to the regular Disney sets

7 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

With the set numbers for the 4+ line being separate numbering to the regular sets it makes me think again these will be a new subtheme […]

Exactly. The numbering for the Mickey & Friends theme was so weird that everyone first thought they were Duplo sets. So it looks like they’re now back to give 4+ sets their own separate set number range after they’ve shared their respective themes’ regular set numbers for a couple of years. Sort of backpedalling to Juniors without using that name :shrug_oh_well:

I really hope this list is fake. The 4+ sets in regular waves have been great recently - AoU Cap set was great, and the Mysterio set is so amazing it'll be the 1st 4+ set I'll buy. 

But a whole subtheme of 4+ sets? Please Lego, no one needs that...

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I really hope this list is fake. The 4+ sets in regular waves have been great recently - AoU Cap set was great, and the Mysterio set is so amazing it'll be the 1st 4+ set I'll buy. 

But a whole subtheme of 4+ sets? Please Lego, no one needs that...

On the bright side, the Mickey sets have provided new molds and prints, so a Marvel wave could offer interesting new Minifigures.

6 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

On the bright side, the Mickey sets have provided new molds and prints, so a Marvel wave could offer interesting new Minifigures.

But if LEGO sees those sets are selling well they'll double down on them. Eventually we might end up seeing very desirable figures being exclusively placed in very expensive 4+ sets.

1 hour ago, Buckethead said:

But they coul easily be put in regular sets, it's not like 4+ sets offer us superior minifigures. 

2 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

But if LEGO sees those sets are selling well they'll double down on them. Eventually we might end up seeing very desirable figures being exclusively placed in very expensive 4+ sets.

I wouldn't say 4+ sets are "very expensive" unless you're judging them based on a price-to-piece ratio, then yeah. But most 4+ sets are around $10-30. I guess we have to wait and see what the sets are. Maybe they don't sell that well. It doesn't seem like the Juniors or Mighty Micros lasted that long.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

But they coul easily be put in regular sets, it's not like 4+ sets offer us superior minifigures. 

They could. I'm just offering an optimistic perspective on the sets until we find out what they are. Also, I don't know what your criteria are for "superior Minifigures." The upcoming No Way Home set (despite a Nick Fury repeat) has some interesting new designs for Spider-Man and Mysterio.