Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Promo Art has seemingly revealed Ms.Marvel's final costume, still unclear about if we'll get the season this year or next at this rate. She seems fairly accurate but seems they may have altered her powers, so perhaps no stretching? Either way, wonder if we'll get a figure of her somehow in early 2022 or if they intend for us to wait for 'The Marvels'.

5 minutes ago, Walter529a said:

Man...they really went far trying to make Spidey´s jacket as different as possible from the Homecoming version...

Which is honeslty a shame, would have preferred the Homecoming Jacket to whatever this seems to be

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

Promo Art has seemingly revealed Ms.Marvel's final costume, still unclear about if we'll get the season this year or next at this rate. She seems fairly accurate but seems they may have altered her powers, so perhaps no stretching?

That's super lame if they go through with it. Her powers would be pretty hard to make look good in live action but I'd rather they look janky than just giving Kamala generic laser hand powers.

I really like her MCU design so far too so it's a shame minifigs of it won't get use out of the extended arm piece.

39 minutes ago, Childish Goblino said:

That's super lame if they go through with it. Her powers would be pretty hard to make look good in live action but I'd rather they look janky than just giving Kamala generic laser hand powers.

I really like her MCU design so far too so it's a shame minifigs of it won't get use out of the extended arm piece.

Apparently the idea is to combine her comic Embiggening with cosmic projection. So she's basically Green Lantern (making construct fists and such)

Edited by doclord

46 minutes ago, doclord said:

Apparently the idea is to combine her comic Embiggening with cosmic projection. So she's basically Green Lantern (making construct fists and such)

If that is the case, wonder if we'll get new power blast pieces in the shape of fists or other translucent aspects when we eventually reach 'The Marvels'

8 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

The Mercedes logo on the front of this new Mercedes-Benz Technic set is printed on a shield. It's not terribly accurate but considering Taskmasters actual shield is SDCC-exclusive this is probably the closest we'll ever get to a decent depiction of it that people will actually be able to afford.

42129_Back_04.jpg

Here in black, for anyone who cares Link

3 hours ago, Childish Goblino said:

Oh my god, so they're really going through with making her have green lantern powers instead of stretching powers, like the leaks suggested. What a stupid and pointless decision. I hope they don't do the same with Mr Fantastic, and I hope they don't adapt the power change to the comics too. At least we'll be able to get her with normal sized arms this time...

4 hours ago, ood0 said:

Oh my god, so they're really going through with making her have green lantern powers instead of stretching powers, like the leaks suggested. What a stupid and pointless decision. I hope they don't do the same with Mr Fantastic, and I hope they don't adapt the power change to the comics too.

I feel like Reed is probably too iconic for them to change, as popular as Kamala is she's still pretty much a no-name to the average MCU fan whereas I think most people understand the power sets of the FF. 

As for the possibility this will get picked up in comics thankfully I doubt it. They've gotten much less annoying with forcing changes in comics for movie synergy recently so I doubt they'd do something pointless like that. Even if they do it, if Peter Quill can escape the Gunnification Kamala would probably get her powers back fairly quickly. 

Getting a neutral arms Kamala will be pretty nice tho.

Edited by Childish Goblino

4 hours ago, Childish Goblino said:

I feel like Reed is probably too iconic for them to change, as popular as Kamala is she's still pretty much a no-name to the average MCU fan whereas I think most people understand the power sets of the FF. 

As for the possibility this will get picked up in comics thankfully I doubt it. They've gotten much less annoying with forcing changes in comics for movie synergy recently so I doubt they'd do something pointless like that. Even if they do it, if Peter Quill can escape the Gunnification Kamala would probably get her powers back fairly quickly. 

Getting a neutral arms Kamala will be pretty nice tho.

Agreed. Plus they probably don’t want to tackle the same power-set so close to each other. FF coming up is probably why they also made Korg blue instead of orange like The Thing.

1 hour ago, Legocity2713 said:

Agreed. Plus they probably don’t want to tackle the same power-set so close to each other. FF coming up is probably why they also made Korg blue instead of orange like The Thing.

I've seen a bunch of people theorising that her powers might have been changed for Reed but honestly I don't see that being the reason. We probably won't see the Fantastic Four in the mcu for a long time so they wouldn't debut even remotely close to eachother and the fact Kamala's replacement powers are just going to be energy hands which are the most generic thing ever already shows they don't particularly care about power overlap. 

I think if the change is happening it'll be related to her actual powers testing poorly or them scrapping the idea before development even started because they didn't think they could pull it off.

Edited by Childish Goblino

2 hours ago, Childish Goblino said:

We probably won't see the Fantastic Four in the mcu for a long time so they wouldn't debut even remotely close to eachother and the fact Kamala's replacement powers are just going to be energy hands which are the most generic thing ever already shows they don't particularly care about power overlap. 

Their upcoming introduction into the MCU was announced like a year ago though :tongue:

5 hours ago, Childish Goblino said:

I've seen a bunch of people theorising that her powers might have been changed for Reed but honestly I don't see that being the reason. We probably won't see the Fantastic Four in the mcu for a long time so they wouldn't debut even remotely close to eachother and the fact Kamala's replacement powers are just going to be energy hands which are the most generic thing ever already shows they don't particularly care about power overlap. 

I think if the change is happening it'll be related to her actual powers testing poorly or them scrapping the idea before development even started because they didn't think they could pull it off.

They will almost definitely debut in 2023 tho, that's just 2 years from now.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They will almost definitely debut in 2023 tho, that's just 2 years from now.

I wouldn't say "almost definitely". High possibility it could be in 2024 so don't get your hopes up 

47 minutes ago, bradreed715 said:

I wouldn't say "almost definitely". High possibility it could be in 2024 so don't get your hopes up 

I mean there are 2 movies left in 2023, and there are only 4 possibilities - F4, Blade, Deadpool 3 and Captain America.

Seeing as we just got TFaTWS, and the project wasn't "officially" announced (logo and everything), that one definitely comes out after 2023.

Same goes for Deadpool 3 - it's in the making, but they never announced it with a logo and stuff.

That leaves us with Blade (I would say the next one after GoTG Vol. 3, seeing as we have the actor, director, writer and a shooting date) and then F4, which they made a logo for and they promoted it in the "Marvel celebrates the cinema" promo, the only upcoming MCU movie promoted there without a date attached. 

I don't know why Kamala's powers were changed and I'm hoping she still has the stretching in addition to the energy constructs, but it does make her fit in a bit better with Carol and Monica if she's now an energy-based hero as well. I'm glad that we'll presumably get a figure of her with normal arms and some purple Power Bursts but losing the arm stretching annoys me.

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

I also always thought her big bare hand was always strange to see. Same with Plastic Man in DC. Stretching hands work/look best when they have a glove over them (or possibly, in this case, a dull purple glow over them). Raw flesh just compounds how creepy and grotesque the power truly is if it were real.

Anyway, even though we’ll probably get a fig of her soon, I kind of wish I bought the set with her in it back in the day. $20 was good and the figure was so unique.

4 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I don't know why Kamala's powers were changed and I'm hoping she still has the stretching in addition to the energy constructs, but it does make her fit in a bit better with Carol and Monica if she's now an energy-based hero as well.

That was part of Kamala's charm tho, she idolised Carol and wanted to emulate her hero persona despite having powers on the complete opposite end of the spectrum. She was a goofy kid who didn't fully consider the logistics of trying to be the 2nd Ms. Marvel without even slightly similar powers because she was just so excited to have powers at all. 

Giving her energy blast powers to make the connection more logical takes away from that imo.

4 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

Raw flesh just compounds how creepy and grotesque the power truly is if it were real.

Anyway, even though we’ll probably get a fig of her soon, I kind of wish I bought the set with her in it back in the day. $20 was good and the figure was so unique.

Yeah, it's a horrifying power. Doesn't mean it should be scrapped, it's part of the comedy of it.

I remember thinking the 2017 comic wave was a bad wave because of all of the builds being rubbish except Lola, and it had just come out around the same time as the GotG2 wave which had only incredible builds. Oh, if only I'd seen what the future of Lego Marvel comic sets would hold. New characters who? Nope, let's just put a repeat Venom in a set again. Now add more Spider-Man vehicles! Do you think it sold poorly, which is why they are so reluctant to make comic sets with new characters? Like it's ridiculous we haven't gotten Lizard yet.

5 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

I also always thought her big bare hand was always strange to see. Same with Plastic Man in DC. Stretching hands work/look best when they have a glove over them (or possibly, in this case, a dull purple glow over them). Raw flesh just compounds how creepy and grotesque the power truly is if it were real.

I'm concerned as if they changed her powers for this sort of reason, what will happen with Mr Fantastic whose powers are entirely stretch focused when we eventually get him in the MCU.

39 minutes ago, ood0 said:

Like it's ridiculous we haven't gotten Lizard yet.

I would not be surprised if there was some sort of contractual thing. The Amazing Spider-man had a deal with Mega Bloks to produce sets and produced several featuring The Lizard. Perhaps Lego did not have the ability to produce 'Lizard' as a Spider-man figure. We may wind up getting one next year though, it is the 60th anniversary of Spider-man and I'm sure Lego will capitalise on that - not to mention the multiverse opening up possibilities that can be explored in films.

Just now, Scarilian said:

I would not be surprised if there was some sort of contractual thing. The Amazing Spider-man had a deal with Mega Bloks to produce sets and produced several featuring The Lizard. Perhaps Lego did not have the ability to produce 'Lizard' as a Spider-man figure. We may wind up getting one next year though, it is the 60th anniversary of Spider-man and I'm sure Lego will capitalise on that - not to mention the multiverse opening up possibilities that can be explored in films.

Potential spoilers for future Marvel movies below:

Spoiler

Apparently the Lizard is rumored to appear in No Way Home. So we could get him in a hypothetical wave 2. 

9 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I mean there are 2 movies left in 2023, and there are only 4 possibilities - F4, Blade, Deadpool 3 and Captain America.

Seeing as we just got TFaTWS, and the project wasn't "officially" announced (logo and everything), that one definitely comes out after 2023.

Same goes for Deadpool 3 - it's in the making, but they never announced it with a logo and stuff.

That leaves us with Blade (I would say the next one after GoTG Vol. 3, seeing as we have the actor, director, writer and a shooting date) and then F4, which they made a logo for and they promoted it in the "Marvel celebrates the cinema" promo, the only upcoming MCU movie promoted there without a date attached. 

Actually three (July, October, November). Obviously susceptible to change, but the October date is likely a delay of Blade's initial 2022 release. Both Cap 4 and Deadpool 3 have writers, and Fantastic Four has a director, so either of the three could release in 2023. Since Fantastic Four is Marvel's First Family, a November release could make for a nice releases date.

4 hours ago, Buckethead said:

Actually three (July, October, November). Obviously susceptible to change, but the October date is likely a delay of Blade's initial 2022 release. Both Cap 4 and Deadpool 3 have writers, and Fantastic Four has a director, so either of the three could release in 2023. Since Fantastic Four is Marvel's First Family, a November release could make for a nice releases date.

You're right, totally forgot about that July release date.

7 hours ago, Buckethead said:

Blade is not in Phase 4 - Feige confirmed that, so that's Phase 5. This would imply that Fantastic Four has to come before Blade as the ending of Phase 4.

Phase 4:

• Black Widow - July 9th, 2021
  • Shang Chi - September 3rd, 2021
  • Eternals - November 5th, 2021
  • Spider-man: No Way Home - December 17th, 2021
  • Doctor Strange: In the Multiverse of Madness - March 25th, 2022
  • Thor: Love and Thunder - May 6th, 2022
  • Black Panther: Wakanda Forever - July 8th, 2022
  • The Marvels - November 11th, 2022
  • Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania - February 17th, 2023
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3 - May 5th, 2023
  • Fantastic Four - July 28th, 2023 (Date confirmed, film estimated)

Phase 5:

• Blade - October 6th, 2023 (Date confirmed, film estimated)
  • Deadpool 3 - November 10th, 2023 (Date confirmed, film estimated)
  • Captain America 4 - ?
  • Mutants -
11 hours ago, hvader said:

Potential spoilers for future Marvel movies below:

Hide contents

Apparently the Lizard is rumored to appear in No Way Home. So we could get him in a hypothetical wave 2. 

True, interested to see what they would actually do with The Lizard. Most obvious choice would be to incorporate the tail from the Lizard Guy CMF we got a while back. In general I'm just curious if he'd wind up having his lab coat.

17 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Blade is not in Phase 4 - Feige confirmed that, so that's Phase 5. This would imply that Fantastic Four has to come before Blade as the ending of Phase 4.

Phase 4:

• Black Widow - July 9th, 2021
  • Shang Chi - September 3rd, 2021
  • Eternals - November 5th, 2021
  • Spider-man: No Way Home - December 17th, 2021
  • Doctor Strange: In the Multiverse of Madness - March 25th, 2022
  • Thor: Love and Thunder - May 6th, 2022
  • Black Panther: Wakanda Forever - July 8th, 2022
  • The Marvels - November 11th, 2022
  • Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania - February 17th, 2023
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3 - May 5th, 2023
  • Fantastic Four - July 28th, 2023 (Date confirmed, film estimated)

Phase 5:

• Blade - October 6th, 2023 (Date confirmed, film estimated)
  • Deadpool 3 - November 10th, 2023 (Date confirmed, film estimated)
  • Captain America 4 - ?
  • Mutants -

Did you even read what he said about that Phase 5 thing?

He said it in 2019 on SDCC, after announcing 6 movies (BW, Eternals, LoTTR, ITMoM, L&T and Blade) and 4 series (TFaTWS, WV, Loki and Hawkeye), saying that Phase 4 consists only out of 5 movies and 4 series

That means that if the plans didn't change, Phase 4 would end in May 2022. But hey, what about Ms. Marvel? That one's coming before May 2022. And what about all the other movies they announced, and they haven't even said a word about Phase 5?

Plans obviously did change somehow. 

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Did you even read what he said about that Phase 5 thing?

He's re-itterated the point multiple times, we've had some recent Phase 4 reveal videos, the most recent being with the trailer for Eternals, and the final shot is the '4' logo. If he wanted to include Blade in Phase 4, that was the time to do it. Blade won't be in Phase 4, it'll likely be the first film of Phase 5.

22 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

He's re-itterated the point multiple times, we've had some recent Phase 4 reveal videos, the most recent being with the trailer for Eternals, and the final shot is the '4' logo. If he wanted to include Blade in Phase 4, that was the time to do it. Blade won't be in Phase 4, it'll likely be the first film of Phase 5.

Exactly my point - we don't know. It has definitely changed because of COVID, and we have no idea to what capacity it did.

Also, 'Marvel celebrates the movies' wasn't a Phase 4 reveal :tongue: It was just a video with all the upcoming MCU movies, announcing some new dates and reminding people that MCU is back in cinemas.