Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

I think the Advent Calendar is actually okay. I’m definitely waiting for a sale but I like the inclusion of Christmas Sweater Iron Man, Nick Fury, Captain Marvel and Infinity Gauntlet/Stones. The rest of the minifigures are SE/comic inspired but I could use some extras of those characters. 

I honestly think this is is a better Calendar than the Star Wars one this year, though I do still plan on picking up both for a discount.

Also, I just realized that I never shared my thoughts on the CMF series so to keep it short, it looks amazing. Series 18 and Disney Series One are still my favorite Collectible Minifigure lines but this is definitely very close to those series. I’m honestly contemplating getting two complete sets which I’ve never done before. My ranking of the figures goes as follows:

-Zombie Hunter Spidey (love the Disneyland suit and this just might be my favorite Spider-Man figure yet.)

-Sam Wilson Captain America (possibly the most detailed minifigure of all time.)

-Loki (spitting image of Tom Hiddleston though that smiling face looks off. Also would’ve preferred a Lego Miss Minutes over Throg but it isn’t a huge deal.)

-Scarlet Witch (the only thing that bothers me is the lack of detailing on her crown.)

-Zombie Captain America (wasn’t expecting to like this figure as much as I do but he looks great!)

-T’Challa Star Lord (very vibrant minifigure and a solid choice for the series. Definitely getting an extra one for the Chadwick Boseman face.)

-Captain Carter (I love her new hairpiece and I think this is a perfect representation of the character.)

-Bucky Barnes (I don’t think the smiling face fits really well, and I don’t like the inclusion of the shield here, but is otherwise a fantastic figure.)

-Gamora with the Blade of Thanos (I think this figure needed an armor piece to stand out more like she does in the show, though her hairpiece may have prevented that, but I still really like her overall.)

-White Vision (Very detailed figure; I just don’t really care for the character and don’t have a normal Vision figure for this one to go against.)

-Sylvie (The opposite of White Vision. I really like the character but the lack of leg printing looks off to me and the faces don’f fit. The croc is cool but kinda pointless without a Loki crown.)

-Monica Rambeau (Good figure with an awesome new hair piece. I just don’t care too much about the character and feel like her inclusion is a waste of a slot since she doesn’t have an especially cool outfit or accessory. The fact that we’re sure to get her in a set for The Marvels makes this an even more puzzling choice.)

Okay, maybe my thoughts weren’t too short… really excited for the series though!

Edited by The Stud

I love the advent calendar, as someone who doesn't purchase Marvel sets that much, its great to get a lot of iconic charcters, builds and the infinity gauntlet

6 hours ago, The Stud said:

-Monica Rambeau (Good figure with an awesome new hair piece. I just don’t care too much about the character and feel like her inclusion is a waste of a slot since she doesn’t have an especially cool outfit or accessory. The fact that we’re sure to get her in a set for The Marvels makes this an even more puzzling choice.)

Monica being in The Marvels is probably exactly why she was included here. No need to use budget on a new head and hairpiece when you've already made both using CMF budget a year before :shrug_oh_well:

I do think Lego could've added 3 figures to represent upcoming shows Hawkeye and Ms.Marvel instead of 3 of the What-If figures. For example take out Zombie cap, Gamora and Capt. Carter and switch them up for Clint, Kate and Kamala. I feel we're going to have to wait quite a while to get representation (if any) for these characters.

2 hours ago, kevkipo said:

I do think Lego could've added 3 figures to represent upcoming shows Hawkeye and Ms.Marvel instead of 3 of the What-If figures. For example take out Zombie cap, Gamora and Capt. Carter and switch them up for Clint, Kate and Kamala. I feel we're going to have to wait quite a while to get representation (if any) for these characters.

But that Capt Carter is one of the best figs of the cmf wave. 

2 hours ago, kevkipo said:

We won’t have to wait long for Ms Marvel as she’ll be a main character in next year’s The Marvels. Clint and Kate are head-scratchers though, but hopefully we get a small Hawkeye set early 2022.

Also managed to make my Lego order at midnight and got all of the new Marvel sets I wanted to get today. I ordered the Endgame Final Battle, Iron Monger Mayhem, Black Panther Dragon Flyer and the 4+ Captain America bike sets. I was tempted by the Bro Thor and What If? sets but I’ll hold off on those for now.

Has anyone in Ireland / UK / Europe seen New Asgard available anywhere other than lego.com? It's not listed as an exclusive, but it's not showing up in any of the regular toy stores that have got some other new sets today. It's also out of stock in my region from Lego. 

(Totally baseless speculation: was it originally planned to be a SDCC set and as a result has had a more limited production run?)

7 minutes ago, PhoenixBuilder said:

Has anyone in Ireland / UK / Europe seen New Asgard available anywhere other than lego.com? It's not listed as an exclusive, but it's not showing up in any of the regular toy stores that have got some other new sets today. It's also out of stock in my region from Lego. 

(Totally baseless speculation: was it originally planned to be a SDCC set and as a result has had a more limited production run?)

Seeing the same thing here. Aside from the Sakaarian Hulkbuster it's almost like the August sets (Shang-Chi included) just... don't exist? Very strange *huh*

As for New Asgard potentially being a repurposed SDCC set: I kinda doubt it as SDCC sets have never introduced new molds before.

4 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Seeing the same thing here. Aside from the Sakaarian Hulkbuster it's almost like the August sets (Shang-Chi included) just... don't exist? Very strange *huh*

As for New Asgard potentially being a repurposed SDCC set: I kinda doubt it as SDCC sets have never introduced new molds before.

Ah fair enough re that speculation!

Re the Shang-Chi sets -- Lego seems to have them listed as coming tomorrow, not today, at least in Ireland? Maybe all the August sets will drop in retailers tomorrow? 

Edited by PhoenixBuilder

22 minutes ago, PhoenixBuilder said:

I was surprised when I saw it in a Tesco today as havent seen it listed anywhere other than Lego store too.

3 hours ago, TobyAis said:

Do you think I could find the New Asgard set in my Lego Store?

My Lego store only had 1 New Asgard set today, so you should probably go as soon as possible

Funny story, earlier I was at Target, looking at all the new sets and when I saw the price of a small Marvel set, I swore to never buy another LEGO set with Disney branding. I was looking at the Black Panther Dragon Flyer set, as it was the only one I thought I could afford. When I saw the price I flipped my lid $39.99 for 202 pieces, it really pushed me over the edge and I vowed never would I buy another Marvel set ever.

Then when I got home and was preparing to write a rather scathing letter to TLG, I looked up the set, $19.99, lol, still a bit overpriced but nowhere near what Target has it listed for.

Anyway, looking forward to eventually picking these sets up and so glad to see it wasn't, $40, lol.

6 hours ago, PhoenixBuilder said:

It's also out of stock in my region from Lego.  

Looks like it just restocked today on LEGO.com

When I saw the advent calendar, I know I had found my replacement for the yawner of an AC that Harry Potter came up with this year.  I do not have several of those minifigs, especially in those variants and still needs some infinity stones.  I think the calendar is going to appeal to a lot of people (self included).  The only really weak point I see is the trans-blue action pieces will of course take up a slot, and they are not really a build.  

17 hours ago, kevkipo said:

For example take out Zombie cap, Gamora and Capt. Carter and switch them up for Clint, Kate and Kamala.

I really love those 3 figures though, so I wouldn't want them taken out of the series

Still hoping for Agatha in Multiverse of Madness sets, especially since Kevin Feige teased that we'll see her return very soon

Also apparently the Shang-Chi polybags are gone? I knew I should have bought more sets to get more copies of that polybag...

13 hours ago, PhoenixBuilder said:

Bro Thor’s New Asgard is a Lego and Tesco exclusive, not sure about the other sets 

15 hours ago, hvader said:

My Lego store only had 1 New Asgard set today, so you should probably go as soon as possible

megabluck.. I'll only be able to in a few hours

Edit: they had 4 available!! Hell yeah!!

Edited by TobyAis

16 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Funny story, earlier I was at Target, looking at all the new sets and when I saw the price of a small Marvel set, I swore to never buy another LEGO set with Disney branding. I was looking at the Black Panther Dragon Flyer set, as it was the only one I thought I could afford. When I saw the price I flipped my lid $39.99 for 202 pieces, it really pushed me over the edge and I vowed never would I buy another Marvel set ever.

Then when I got home and was preparing to write a rather scathing letter to TLG, I looked up the set, $19.99, lol, still a bit overpriced but nowhere near what Target has it listed for.

Anyway, looking forward to eventually picking these sets up and so glad to see it wasn't, $40, lol.

I saw that too. I knew it was only $20, but when the tag at Target said $40, I was like, no way... I'll pick it up eventually. I always have to leave a handful of sets on standby for future GWP at LEGO compared to just buying them all on release day.

The Mercedes logo on the front of this new Mercedes-Benz Technic set is printed on a shield. It's not terribly accurate but considering Taskmasters actual shield is SDCC-exclusive this is probably the closest we'll ever get to a decent depiction of it that people will actually be able to afford.

42129_Back_04.jpg

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

The Mercedes logo on the front of this new Mercedes-Benz Technic set is printed on a shield.

The Red Room was being financed by Mercedes-Benz?! I knew it! :laugh_hard: Not a very subtle twist though if they advertise it right on that shield :tongue:

Seriously though, it‘s a pretty neat replacement if you‘re able to look past the logo. I just couldn’t unsee a logo this recognisable

Not sure if anyone saw the 360° view of the Advent Calendar on Lego.com but the back of the Tony Stark figure has "TONY" on it and the Spidey figure has this logo printed on the back:

116-1163008_spider-man-lego-logo-hd-png-

Also, I think this box art, both inside and especially out, is some of the best out of any Advent Calendar :wub_drool:

15 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

Not sure if anyone saw the 360° view of the Advent Calendar on Lego.com but the back of the Tony Stark figure has "TONY" on it and the Spidey figure has this logo printed on the back:

Man...they really went far trying to make Spidey´s jacket as different as possible from the Homecoming version...