Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

21 minutes ago, RaichuKing263 said:

What's that AWESOME Spidey fig holding? I think it's a chiro but I could be wrong

I'm pretty sure it's a churro, although dark tan or med. nougat would've worked better.

11 minutes ago, RaichuKing263 said:

What's that AWESOME Spidey fig holding? I think it's a chiro but I could be wrong

Yeah its a churro made out of a technic pin sitting inside an upside down modified 1x1 brick.

I’ve always wanted an advent calendar but oddly enough I likely won’t be picking it up. It has some fantastic stuff but it just doesn’t speak to me.

Mini builds are creatively built and look very nice. Helicarrier, Hall of Armor, and Hulk Buster are my favs :wub:

Hall of Armor additions (wrapping paper station and a slot for the Holiday Armor with wreath) are very unexpected but welcomed inclusions :thumbup: :thumbup:

Love that Thanos has a piece of coal and that Cap and Hulk are referenced in gifts :laugh: Also happy that Cap Marvel and the green Infinity Gem will become cheaper.

Sad that the drone is Spider-Man colored and that the Arc Reactor is just every MOCer’s purist idea and not printed :cry_sad:

35 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I understand why some might be disappointed, but for example I have been holding out on the Helicarrier (was thinking of getting it to heavily mod), and the figures in here (Widow, Fury, and Cap Marvel) coupled with Iron Patriot from the upcoming magazine will save me a few bucks! It also reduces the immediate need to pick up the Sanctuary II, although I do like the designs of both that ship and the minifigs so might get it eventually anyway. Couple that with the Avengers tile, the winter outfits (especially Iron Man's sweater), the gauntlets and stones, and some interesting extras like the micro figs and I think it really hits a sweet spot for people who don't pick up almost every Marvel set. 

Only question I have is the 'proof Tony Stark has a heart' tile rumour -- I don't see it in there, I presume it's meant to be the one under the glass dome but I can't make out any printing on it? 

Edited by PhoenixBuilder

I'm disappointed we're not getting the Midtown Decathlon jacket from Homecoming, but instead a more generic yellow and green high school jacket, but I'm loving the minibuilds! It's not perfect, but it's better than I expected!

18 minutes ago, Felkin said:

I'm disappointed we're not getting the Midtown Decathlon jacket from Homecoming, but instead a more generic yellow and green high school jacket, but I'm loving the minibuilds! It's not perfect, but it's better than I expected!

With a Spider logo on it instead of a school...

What happened to the printed "proof that Tony Stark has a heart" tile?

This AC really is a big fat 'meh'. Some neat builds but other than that it's pretty bad. Hard pass.

3 hours ago, Borex said:

What was it rumoured to be? 

30, which was already pretty overpriced but 35 is just crazy.

God, that sucks.

I like Nick in his hat. Spidey's churro. Iron Man's sweater. Mini Hall of Armor. Spider-Man's presents. Snowman Iron Man. Christmas tree with the Gauntlet and all Infinity Stones (incredible inclusion).

The rest is either generic (minifigs and some of the builds) or just straight up bad. Just... no.

I was really hoping the hall of armor would have some new printed microfigs

The AC is neat but they've never been that interesting to me. They're a novelty. I'll start getting them annually once my son is old enough for them but until then I have yet to see one that compelled me to get one for myself.

It's awesome to see the full Infinity Gauntlet included but other than that I think this calendar kinda sucks. I like some of the minibuilds like Avengers Tower, but we don't even have the rumored printed tile and the exclusive figures aren't very good. I'll get it when it goes on sale but I really expected more from our first Marvel advent calendar.

Where can we use the white helmet for? And it was more fun if Thanos would be more like Scrooge or the Grinch

It's fairly basic, but the mini-build of the Iron Man Armory is pretty neat and I'd like to see someone take that concept and run with it for a Microfig version of the Malibu Mansion. I still hope that 2022 gives us an Iron Man D2C Legacy set such as the Mansion or even Stark/Avengers Tower.

11 minutes ago, Borex said:

Where can we use the white helmet for? And it was more fun if Thanos would be more like Scrooge or the Grinch

The only use I can think of is a prototype helmet in Tony's garage, mansion or whatever. Besides that, it's not really useful.

I hope they will flip the AC to x-men next year with a santa deadpool. Enough small builds come to mind: the mansion, danger  room builds (small builds with lasers or stuff like that), a cerebro machine, blackbird, sentinel, a yellow wheel chair build, some christmas tree build and some presents and then a few more minifigs iceman as a snowman, xavier with scarf piece, nightcrawler with hot chocolate, kitty pryde with lockheed, Colossus as christmas elf and so on

20 minutes ago, Borex said:

I hope they will flip the AC to x-men next year with a santa deadpool. Enough small builds come to mind: the mansion, danger  room builds (small builds with lasers or stuff like that), a cerebro machine, blackbird, sentinel, a yellow wheel chair build, some christmas tree build and some presents and then a few more minifigs iceman as a snowman, xavier with scarf piece, nightcrawler with hot chocolate, kitty pryde with lockheed, Colossus as christmas elf and so on

All licensed AC's come with a fair amount of reused figures though so unless we get X-Men sets next year (the likelyhood of which has been discussed plenty of times in the past) I highly doubt this will happen. Safest bet for another AC, assuming we're getting another one, would be the Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special.

Well my 7yo son is delighted with the AC, so that’s at least one member of the target market happy.

38 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Looking at what Hasbro did with the Hydra Stomper it's honestly just painful to even think of LEGO's version.

Marvel Legends Series The Hydra Stomper

Yup, between the lame figures, the awful scale and bad color, it’s an easy pass from me. At least Iron Monger had great figures and works out of scale.

I am liking the advent calendar. I can finally get an Infinity Gauntlet and all the stones as well as those energy effect pieces in trans-blue (which I can always use more of for various things) plus the fig selection isn't that bad (Iron Man ugly sweater is cool for example)

I just thought of that but I think CMF T'Challa's torso could be used to make a (great) custom Batroc from FAWS..
unknown.png
I think I'll make a little scene with Batroc vs Sam from the last ep of the show on September xD

Like, Kanan's legs, T'Challa's torso and any head with stubbles.. like old Star Lord/Bucky's face

Edited by TobyAis

2 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Looking at what Hasbro did with the Hydra Stomper it's honestly just painful to even think of LEGO's version.

That really is the worst Marvel 2021 set...

3 hours ago, Borex said:

That would have been fun, but Thanos getting a sack of coal did get a good chuckle out of me :laugh_hard:

What do you guys reckon is the fastest site to order the infinity saga sets tomorrow? Amazon, shop@home, or something like Walmart?

7 minutes ago, NRG Spider said:

What do you guys reckon is the fastest site to order the infinity saga sets tomorrow? Amazon, shop@home, or something like Walmart?

Shop@Home for sure. I made a bot that can notify you when they're available if you're interested: https://brickhound.com.