Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

12 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

Anybody have any big plans for upgrading their minifigures once they can get their hands on the CMFs? Here's the list of extra CMFs I'm going to pick up and what I'm going to upgrade:

Sam Cap

• Upgrade Endgame Cap with shield
  • Upgrade Blade with hairpiece

Cap Carter

• Upgrade Age of Ultron Cap with legs

T'Challa Star-Lord

• Upgrade Peter Quill with legs since they've got the jet booster attachments (probably won't look accurate but I'll give it a try)
  • Upgrade John Stewart GL with hairpiece

Bucky

• Upgrade Infinity War Bucky with arm

Also, kind of bummed that they're starting to use the junior capes with the individual hole in current sets.

Get out of my head mate xD
I thought about doing the same things (pretty much), although I'm not planning on picking up extra minifigs because I'll be picking up Carter and T'Challa only to upgrade some of my actual figs

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Because people have no idea how marketing works.

First of all, Sony doesn't need to drop a trailer right now. The hype for it is so big, the fans are practically marketing the movie for them for free. They gave us nothing, yet MANY people are aware that this movie is coming in this year. That's actually really clever. 

When it comes to the trailer, for Endgame it dropped 140 days before the release date. As of today, it's exactly 140 days before NWH. Movies as big as those like to keep their marketing campaigns short. People don't need a lot of footage or trailers. They hear Maguire and Andrew will be in the movie, they'll come see it. Simple as that.

Also, during the pandemic, they like to release the trailer much closer to the release date. Venom: LTBC trailer dropped just 128 days before the release date, Shang-Chi - 137 days etc.

People are worrying because they forgot how it actually works. That's why we didn't get the trailer.

No, because they simply can't. She sued them because of the hybrid release and how she got less money because of it. Rest of those movies are cinema-only, so they can't sue them.

Im genuinely surprised how much people here like to talk when they have no idea what they're talking about

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

During the pandemic, they like to release the trailer much closer to the release date.

Yes, it has altered, due to the potential for restrictions to be re-imposed & impact the release of a movie resulting in a delay. It's worth noting that the official Spider-man: NWH twitter that was advertising the movie every two weeks or so since February has also went silent on the subject since June 9th and if that does not start-up again soon then chances are they are waiting to see how Shang Chi performs.

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

No, because they simply can't. She sued them because of the hybrid release and how she got less money because of it. Rest of those movies are cinema-only, so they can't sue them.

Shang Chi has a 45-day theatrical window before it releases on Disney+. No announcements have been made on any others. Now the option for Hybrid releases is no longer around up until films made with the new contracts.

In May it was reported that the future of Phase 4 in terms of theatrical releases would be determined by the success of Black Widow & Shang Chi at the box office and that they only announced other films this year based on the 'relatively fluid nature of the recovery' being shown - if Black Widow & Shang Chi both lose money at the box office then it will represent the box office has not recovered to be viable enough for Winter films, no chance they release Eternals or Spider-man:NWH this year if that happens. Imagine Spider-man:NWH making less money that TASM2 ($709m) for example - that's very likely given the highest grossing American film of 2021 at the moment is F9 and that's struggling to get past $620m.

In terms of specifically Lego, if the Eternals sets are meant to release in October this year as we'd previously heard then we should be seeing them listed on Shop@Home fairly soon, given we already have the first wave of Spider-man:NWH sets listed. If they don't appear that could hint to them being delayed again.

Edited by Scarilian

Let's just hope SONY doesn't screw us over. But yeah we're doing the marketing for them yet we ain't getting paid for it. 

1 hour ago, EggBoi said:

Let's just hope SONY doesn't screw us over. But yeah we're doing the marketing for them yet we ain't getting paid for it. 

Lol I would say the next safe bet for trailer release is 8/1 (Spider-Man day). I just wonder when we’ll see NWH wave 2 LEGO 

10 minutes ago, hvader said:

I just wonder when we’ll see NWH wave 2 LEGO

IF we'll see NWH wave 2

3 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

IF we'll see NWH wave 2

I don’t even wanna think about the possibility of no wave 2 haha

Edited by hvader

4 minutes ago, hvader said:

I don’t even wanna think about the possibility of no wave 2 haha

Dreadful, innit?

8 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

People are worrying because they forgot how it actually works. That's why we didn't get the trailer.

Yup. I don’t personally believe that the lack of a trailer right now is relevant at all. I mentioned it in the previous comment because it is a point of concern that I saw some people had on the Internet. I do think the Delta variant argument is valid, as mentioned above, and I think the question is if case numbers will go down or up as we approach December.

As of the sets, delay may be the only option if the movies become delayed as the BW set is disappearing from LEGO stores (at least in my area) mere weeks after the movie’s release. 

3 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Im genuinely surprised how much people here like to talk when they have no idea what they're talking about

Well, I think it’s because people love and care about the movies and the sets. That’s why they like to speculate, even if some speculations are not entirely accurate, which is unavoidable as no one here is an insider who has worked on these films and sets.

Edited by hvader

What's wrong with the "junior" cape with the single hole? I think that lays better on the people. It doesn't get as squished when hair or shoulder armor cover it.

1 hour ago, TheLegoDr said:

What's wrong with the "junior" cape with the single hole? I think that lays better on the people. It doesn't get as squished when hair or shoulder armor cover it.

While its not too much, you can slightly pose the 2 hole cape. For characters with long hair or armor, the 1 hole cape is not a problem, but for others like Vision or Mysterio its not needed, its too lose...

I would not view a Wave 2 as a certainty, but this is Spider-man we are talking about. He's incredibly markettable and got the D2C focus this year. Next year is the 60th anniversary of Spider-man and they'll almost certainly find a way to provide a few more Spider-man sets. I think they'll find a way to give us more Spider-man: No Way Home stuff.

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

I would not view a Wave 2 as a certainty, but this is Spider-man we are talking about. He's incredibly markettable and got the D2C focus this year. Next year is the 60th anniversary of Spider-man and they'll almost certainly find a way to provide a few more Spider-man sets. I think they'll find a way to give us more Spider-man: No Way Home stuff.

And probably some Spidey vs Morbius comic/cartoon sets to coincide with Sony's Morbius next year. 

8 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Honestly, I think it's even more inevitable than Civil War and Endgame getting more sets.

Civil War set existed just to give us Spider-Man. Endgame set existed to give us updated character designs, as they were really inaccurate. 

But when it comes to NWH, we're talking about 2 more Spider-Men and 6 more villains. That'd sell like hot cakes.

15 hours ago, oxy220 said:

I wonder if we will see another NWH set

We definitely will. For now the only NWH villain we have is Vulture who isn't even the main villain. And I think it'd be foolish of Lego not to make at least half of the Sinister Six and Tobey with Andrew

9 minutes ago, Legofania said:

We definitely will. For now the only NWH villain we have is Vulture who isn't even the main villain. And I think it'd be foolish of Lego not to make at least half of the Sinister Six and Tobey with Andrew

Vulture isn't a villain in any capacity in NWH.

It does? Good grief...
Is that on S@H I take it? For some reason I see Dollar pricing, not Euro :wacko:

Regards,
Mitch

What was it rumoured to be? 

3 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Geez New Asgard costs 35 euro here? No thank you :sick: I'll wait for a discount.

It seems like every toy company is making the same characters when it comes to No Way Home: new Spider-Man suits, Strange, Vulture, and Mysterio (I guess people need villain toys for the heroes to fight). This most likely means Marvel/Sony has a specific release strategy for toys when they were working with the toy companies (avoid spoilers). Therefore, I think our chances of getting a wave 2 are extremely high (it’s not one of those cases where other toy companies make a bunch of new characters while Lego only makes a few) 

Edited by hvader

4 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Geez New Asgard costs 35 euro here? No thank you :sick: I'll wait for a discount.

That really sucks, here in Ireland it's €29.99. Presumably discounts will come soon, especially at that higher price.