Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, EggBoi said:

If I'm wrong tho then crack me.

There, FTFY :laugh_hard: Looking forward to some scrambled eggs :poke:

Seriously though, that‘s incredibly unlikely. So far, only a select few Marvel movies have received follow-up sets to cover spoilery scenes. I don‘t think it makes much sense for Shang-Chi to get that treatment, especially since the tournament most likely won‘t factor into the plot all that much :shrug_oh_well:

2 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

It would cost the price of each figure multiplied by the number of figures in the box :laugh:. I don't understand the question.

Big stores don't have a special cheaper per box price. Sometimes speciality online stores will, like people mentioned MinifigureMaddness in Europe.

Thanks for the insight, I'm stuck in a perpetual state of buying these figures because there's some I want multiples of and some I don't. And I kinda want to get them on day one, but I highly doubt there will be any feel guides on day one. I really want multiples of every figure (for the most part) because I have a good feeling we'll get sets based off some of the D+ shows, like Wanda's house, the TVA, and something from TFATWS. I need one of each figure for a full cmf display but I would also like mulitiples of certain characters to fill out some sets we have/will get in the future. Then some figures I'd like to be able to use parts to make purist custom versions of minifigures (Battle Damaged Cap, Better regular cap, better captain Carter, etc.)

33 minutes ago, RaichuKing263 said:

And I kinda want to get them on day one, but I highly doubt there will be any feel guides on day one. 

There are already feel guides out there right now.

24 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

There are already feel guides out there right now.

That's really good, thanks.

Thinking now I'll save my LEGO Budget until the 1st and buy as many as I can

Edit: By then I should be able to get 22 minifigures with my $110 dollars. By any chance are the three rows of figures in the boxes a full set of figures or is it random? I kinda just want to buy 12 and get the two what if sets.

Edited by RaichuKing263
New info

2 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

We just got our first official look at Hawkeye and a releasedate: November 24th!

I swear that if we don't get at least a set for this series (it was my most excited Disney+ series from the beginning), imma start a riot at Lego HQ.

Comic-accurate Hawkeye, Kate Bishop, Echo, Yelena and Fisk... come on Lego :moar:

7 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I swear that if we don't get at least a set for this series (it was my most excited Disney+ series from the beginning), imma start a riot at Lego HQ.

Comic-accurate Hawkeye, Kate Bishop, Echo, Yelena and Fisk... come on Lego :moar:

Yeah that would be very disappointing, they could even include Lucky without any effort whatsoever as the piece already exists.

Apparently we are scheduled for another Venom: Let there be Carnage trailer in the next week or so. I'm still leaning towards Spider-man: NWH getting attached to Venom: Let there be Carnage IF they don't intend to delay Eternals and/or Spider-man: NWH to March & May respectively. I would not be surprised if the Eternals and additional Spider-man:NWH sets get pushed back also.

Edited by Scarilian

2 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Apparently we are scheduled for another Venom: Let there be Carnage trailer in the next week or so. I'm still leaning towards Spider-man: NWH getting attached to Venom: Let there be Carnage IF they don't intend to delay Eternals and/or Spider-man: NWH to March & May respectively. I would not be surprised if the Eternals and additional Spider-man:NWH sets get pushed back also.

Why would they delay them? And why would the sets be pushed back?

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

the fact that they seem to be relying on case numbers of a certain virus to go down so that they don't impact their box office like it did with BW - it seems to be the speculated number 1 reason also as to why we still haven't gotten a trailer, even though we're like 4-5 months away from the release.

If it does get delayed, I do wonder what's gonna happen with all the spoiler-y merch. Marvel would probably do everything in their power to prevent them from releasing before the movie.

Anybody have any big plans for upgrading their minifigures once they can get their hands on the CMFs? Here's the list of extra CMFs I'm going to pick up and what I'm going to upgrade:

Sam Cap

• Upgrade Endgame Cap with shield
  • Upgrade Blade with hairpiece

Cap Carter

• Upgrade Age of Ultron Cap with legs

T'Challa Star-Lord

• Upgrade Peter Quill with legs since they've got the jet booster attachments (probably won't look accurate but I'll give it a try)
  • Upgrade John Stewart GL with hairpiece

Bucky

• Upgrade Infinity War Bucky with arm

Also, kind of bummed that they're starting to use the junior capes with the individual hole in current sets.

18 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

Also, kind of bummed that they're starting to use the junior capes with the individual hole in current sets.

Yeah I'm not really sure what's up with that either. For Thor it makes sense as the cape is held down by his hairpiece but Vision really should've used the standard cape, especially as it already exists in white.

12 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

*snip*

Can’t wait to upgrade Bucky, Quill, and Aou Cap too! And I fully agree with you about the cape. It sticks out waay too weird and far behind.

I’m considering upgrading the 2013 Arctic Batman with a pair of Vision’s (erased 😬) legs. 

Also T’Challa’s head, and hair for that matter, could work for a smiling M’Baku figure. The beard seems perfectly thick.

On 7/23/2021 at 8:16 AM, Agent Kallus said:

Now here's an idea. A little off topic. Because I'm talking about 2022. But this year marvel is getting its first advent calendar. And next year marvel is doing it's first holiday special, so I'm going speculate ( and hope) that next year's advent calendar is based off of the GotG holiday special. It could reuse figures from the infinity saga wave ( as advent calendars are never entirely new figs ) and I'd like it to come with Drax, Mantis, maybe Nebula and Starlord's mask cause I've only got the 2 infinity war sets for guardians and I'd like a more complete team. Obviously there are things from the special that we don't know about yet that they could also include. It'd be a logical way to represent the Christmas special and would save regular set slot for the many other MCU projects coming out next year.

TLDR: Do we think that next year's advent calendar could be GotG Holiday special themed?

21 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Yeah I'm not really sure what's up with that either. For Thor it makes sense as the cape is held down by his hairpiece but Vision really should've used the standard cape, especially as it already exists in white.

I agree for Thor. Hope this doesn't become a common pattern in future sets.

15 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

Can’t wait to upgrade Bucky, Quill, and Aou Cap too! And I fully agree with you about the cape. It sticks out waay too weird and far behind.

I’m considering upgrading the 2013 Arctic Batman with a pair of Vision’s (erased 😬) legs. 

Also T’Challa’s head, and hair for that matter, could work for a smiling M’Baku figure. The beard seems perfectly thick.

Yeah, the one hole cape is extremely obnoxious for display. I hate how it sticks out.

That's a fantastic idea for Arctic Batman! I might attempt erasing the print as well but it might be a HUGE pain with all that detail.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

People are becoming nervous about a possible No Way Home release delay for several reasons, including the lack of a trailer and a rise in Delta variant cases. 

Edited by hvader

8 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

TLDR: Do we think that next year's advent calendar could be GotG Holiday special themed?

If we get another AC then I'd imagine they'll tie it into the Holiday Special. The real question is wether or not we will even get another AC, something I'm honestly not so sure of as this years AC really seems like LEGO was just looking for an easy way to get rid of their surplus of Enix figures :def_shrug: I guess it will depend on sales.

2 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

seems like LEGO was just looking for an easy way to get rid of their surplus of Enix figures :def_shrug:

Yeah, this year's AC is a huge missed opportunity. It's sad when Lego comes up with a fantastic concept, executes it poorly, blames it on the great concept, and cancels that concept. 

Edited by hvader

12 minutes ago, hvader said:

People are becoming nervous about a possible No Way Home release delay for several reasons, including the lack of a trailer and a rise in Delta variant cases. 

I don't think the lack of a trailer is necessarily indicative of a delay, after all word of mouth (in this scenario the constant moaning for a trailer) also gears folks' attention towards the movie and at the end of the day it's a viable, though certainly unconvential for the industry, marketing strategy. The rise of Covid cases sounds like a valid argument for a delay but the question we'd then have to ask ourselves is where we/the studio will draw the line. Only one thing can be said for certain: if Sony wants to sit on this movie in hopes of a bigger payday they'll be sitting on it a very long time.

Edited by lego_guyon02

8 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I don't think the lack of a trailer is necessarily indicative of a delay, after all word of mouth (in this scenario the constant moaning for a trailer) also gears folks' attention towards the movie and at the end of the day it's a viable, though certainly unconvential for the industry, marketing strategy. The rise of Covid cases sounds like a valid argument for a delay but the question we'd then have to ask ourselves is where we/the studio will draw the line. Only one thing can be said for certain: if Sony wants to sit on this movie in hopes of a bigger payday they'll be sitting on it a very long time.

I completely agree with you. I don't think a lack of a trailer is a point of concern. Sony likely adopted this "hiding the trailer" strategy to compensate for the fact that many of the film's secrets have become public knowledge. As to COVID, we'll have to see. I doubt this movie will become delayed too much given how Multiverse of Madness must come after it. As for the Lego products, I'm confident that they won't change their release date since most are remakes of sets from previous films. 

Edited by hvader

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Looking at where we are at currently:

• Eternals is something Marvel expects as a new franchise that could potentially replace Guardians of the Galaxy or rival Avengers, they would not want to risk the potential impact of a Winter release causing box office to drop. I think they expected the box office to bounce back but instead it's not remotely recovered enough to justify big blockbuster movies.
  • Spider-man Far From Home made over $1.1bn and Sony would be certainly wanting a movie like Spider-man NWH to make a lot more, especially given the multiverse aspects. If Sony don't see the box office perfoming well then they'll push it back until Summer, which would also benefit them by being the same year as the 60th anniversary of Spider-man and a bunch of other Spider-man related anniversaries they could use to market the movie.

The only box office Sony and Disney have to compare it to is Black Widow, which let's examine for the moment:

If the suing of Disney by Scarlett Johansson goes through then other lead actors/actresses might follow if their movies underperform so that could mean the stars of films such as Eternals, Spider-man:NWH & Doctor Strange. Shang Chi has already cost Disney a lot more than they expected due to multiple delays and now they might not be able to release it on Disney+ to try and skip the middleman of cinemas. So Disney and Sony should be massively worried about box offices. I think Shang Chi and Venom 2 will stick where they are as 'tests', but it's easily possible for Eternals and Spider-man: NWH to be delayed pushing the entire slate of films back if those underperform.

As for the sets, Eternals has already had its sets delayed once and any potential Spider-man:NWH 2nd wave of sets is easy to delay at this stage because the earliest they would release is January anyway. The first wave of Spider-man: NWH sets is set to release October 1st here and are listed on the Lego site, yet the Eternals sets which were believed to release in October are nowhere to be seen on the site :shrug_confused:

Edited by Scarilian

Hi guys,

Check out this latest video in my channel about the Marvel Infinity Gauntlet.

The most powerful hand in the world and the most golden part pieces in a lego set history…

Edited by Technicallism

11 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

There, FTFY :laugh_hard: Looking forward to some scrambled eggs :poke:

Seriously though, that‘s incredibly unlikely. So far, only a select few Marvel movies have received follow-up sets to cover spoilery scenes. I don‘t think it makes much sense for Shang-Chi to get that treatment, especially since the tournament most likely won‘t factor into the plot all that much :shrug_oh_well:

I don't remember a Mandarin Tank in Iron Man 3 or a Tanker Truck having any factor or significance in the plot of Civil War. Oh yeah and remember in Endgame the War Machine Hulkbuster?

42 minutes ago, EggBoi said:

I don't remember a Mandarin Tank in Iron Man 3 or a Tanker Truck having any factor or significance in the plot of Civil War. Oh yeah and remember in Endgame the War Machine Hulkbuster?

Two out of three sets you mentioned weren't released later, so their release didn't imply that they were major spoilers. The Tanker Truck set was held back probably because of a moratorium on including Spider-Man in advance Civil War merch so that his inclusion would be a "surprise" when that particular trailer released. Bringing in Spider-Man was a big part of Civil War's marketing, and Marvel didn't want the toys to spoil it in advance. That the bulk of the set he came in didn't appear in the movie was just another concept art issue.

9 hours ago, admiral_typhoon said:

the fact that they seem to be relying on case numbers of a certain virus to go down so that they don't impact their box office like it did with BW - it seems to be the speculated number 1 reason also as to why we still haven't gotten a trailer, even though we're like 4-5 months away from the release.

If it does get delayed, I do wonder what's gonna happen with all the spoiler-y merch. Marvel would probably do everything in their power to prevent them from releasing before the movie.

8 hours ago, hvader said:

Because people have no idea how marketing works.

First of all, Sony doesn't need to drop a trailer right now. The hype for it is so big, the fans are practically marketing the movie for them for free. They gave us nothing, yet MANY people are aware that this movie is coming in this year. That's actually really clever. 

When it comes to the trailer, for Endgame it dropped 140 days before the release date. As of today, it's exactly 140 days before NWH. Movies as big as those like to keep their marketing campaigns short. People don't need a lot of footage or trailers. They hear Maguire and Andrew will be in the movie, they'll come see it. Simple as that.

Also, during the pandemic, they like to release the trailer much closer to the release date. Venom: LTBC trailer dropped just 128 days before the release date, Shang-Chi - 137 days etc.

People are worrying because they forgot how it actually works. That's why we didn't get the trailer.

7 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Scarlett Johansson is currently suing Disney for releasing the film on Disney+

If the suing of Disney by Scarlett Johansson goes through then other lead actors/actresses might follow if their movies underperform so that could mean the stars of films such as Eternals, Spider-man:NWH & Doctor Strange. 

No, because they simply can't. She sued them because of the hybrid release and how she got less money because of it. Rest of those movies are cinema-only, so they can't sue them.