Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Also shoutout to Lego for giving 2 of the Pet Avengers in this theme (idc if he’s a robot, Redwing still counts).

Get the Creator pug polybag for Lockjaw, a Lego City jungle cat, pretend a Friends animal is Ms. Lion, and throw in a Flerken from Captain Marvel just for the heck of it and you’ve got a nice MCU/comics lineup :laugh:

1 hour ago, Brick Cucumber said:

It has been pointed out already. But in this official picture it does appear that Throg has a small helmet moulded just on the back of his head. This makes the mould a lot better for me, even if it looks bad overall.

Throg: my actual favorite figure from the series. The figure looks hilarious. Also nice to see the return of the action pose pieces, I’ll definitely display my figures with them.

4 hours ago, wesker said:

Looks like a pretty solid wave. Falcon Cap is definitely the best of the lot. For a moment I thought Bucky was reusing Poe Dameron's face but its definitely new, just very similar.

What's different about it? It looks the same as the Poe hairpiece to me :shrug_oh_well:

4 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Star-Lord (T'Challa): 10/10, a perfect figure. Love the new (?) hair mold, the new helmet mold, and the Chadwick Boseman face print. Only other thing I could possibly ask for is a couple of pieces for the feet to represent the booster rockets but I've got plenty of extra studs and cylinders to do that with. 

His rockets are already printed on the sides of his legs.

I. WANT. MORE. MARVEL. ZOMBIES.

Hey guys which non-MCU movie do you want LEGO to make a set of?

35 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

What's different about it? It looks the same as the Poe hairpiece to me :shrug_oh_well:

The comment was about the face, not the hair :wink:

And for T'challa the blue cylinders would represent his boosters being on, which would definitely be nice for flying poses, but given he already includes two guns and an alternate hair piece I guess it's fair enough LEGO didn't include them.

5 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

The comment was about the face, not the hair :wink:

And for T'challa the blue cylinders would represent his boosters being on, which would definitely be nice for flying poses, but given he already includes two guns and an alternate hair piece I guess it's fair enough LEGO didn't include them.

Yeah, that was my thinking. Would've been a nice touch if I'm nitpicking but the figure has plenty of accessories and is perfect without them, and those are super common pieces anyway. 

Ok so my thoughts on the characters in no particular order:

Falcon: He looks less overhwelmingly detailed with the wings on, which is a pleasant surprise. I dont think I'll actively look for him, but if I feel him in one of the bags I'm keeping it.

Bucky: Ok, I guess? Idk the character always seemed pretty boring to my so I have no emotional attachment to him.

Vision: I think I dig him a bit more now. Still not a huge fan, but like Falcon, I'll probably get it if I happen to find it.

Wanda: Sure, why not? The hairpiece isnt great, but she doesnt look bad at all, I really like this one.

Monica: Am I the only one who thinks that Vision's accesory should be Monica's? Because she works at SWORD and stuff? Anyway I do like the hairpiece, but I thin she's a pass.

Spider-Man: I'm defo getting Spider-Man, but I dont see how the alternative head looks like Tom Holland like some of you said? 

Zombie Cap: I'm a bit dissapointed with Zombie Cap, but to be fair, I dont know what I expected at all. Stills pretty cool, but I dont think I'll get him.

Gamora: See Bucky.

Sylvie: I really really wanted to like her, but I dont think she looks recognisable enough? Like it doesnt look like her character, she only sort of resembles it. Idk, might me just me. Also, very very dissapointed in Lokigator. I do not care if it would've been a totally useless mold outside of the CMF, I'd rather him to have a crown. This is a Marvel series, I want Marvel characters, not City pieces.

Loki: I know that the smiling face is supposed to be that one face he makes in every movie where he extends his arms, but looks pretty unsettling. Maybe the horns would've helped. Oh, well, I dig this one, this one's a keeper.

Also, Throg would look way better if they printed his lower jaw in tan or something. You know, like frogs look like?

Star Lord: I'm sorry I dont like him and I dont like his hair, he looks weird. I do like the faceprint and the hairpiece would look better in other characters so there's that.

Peggy Carter: I dont care about her character at all, but the minifigure looks very sick so I'm 100% getting her, so excited for her episode, it looks like it will make me change my mind about her.

Edited by PGBQW

Now I'm pretty sure that it's actually the lifestyle pics that are wrong, not the official ones (regarding for example Peggy's hair) - just look at Sam's face. Those were probably earlier prototypes.

I hope we buy the crap out of these figs because lego should know that we buy multiple ones to add shields, faces and legs to other characters already in our collection.

give us a series 2 due to sold out popularity!!! 

Just like the ant-man helmet was used by firefly but revealed first it was called the “firefly helmet” i just know that endgame wanda used the cmf face.

im also glad the colors used for her magic is now red. It makes sense now was she is officially the Scarlet Witch. In the comics her powers are pink and im sure lego mashed comic and mcu wandas together for the civil war set.

her powers in the films were never red exclusively or pink, it was a bit of both. So her figures should start with pink and now end up red as she is in control of her powers.  

10 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

There was no such things in the comics.

Um, there was. But I was slightly mistaken, his name is Peter Rogers, not Steve

I never thought that i’d like to have a Sharon Carter fig, but i really dig her minifig as well. 
my want-maybe-don’t need list

want: Cap Wilson, Sharon Carter, Loki, Vision, Wanda

maybe: Spidey (i may have too many spider-men already), zombie cap, Starlord (although he is awesome), Gamora (also really nice figure), Monica (because of her great hair), Sylvie (i need to see her in real life)

don’t need: Bucky ( he looks cool tho, but i don’t need the fig)

50 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Now I'm pretty sure that it's actually the lifestyle pics that are wrong, not the official ones (regarding for example Peggy's hair) - just look at Sam's face. Those were probably earlier prototypes.

Yeah Zombie Cap doesnt have detailing on his chest star and Throg doesnt have paint on the top of Mjolnir in the lifestyle pics too, so definitely suggests that these are earlier versions. Here's hoping Peggy has the darker brown hair!

Overall these figures are amazing, definitely going to pick them all up. 

Regards,

Changbricks

Quick side note: does the 2020 4+ loki have the torso print of Loki from the thor film?!?

the latest WM loki figs have a thor film loki and his torso is strikingly similar to Thor 1 Loki!!

7 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

Quick side note: does the 2020 4+ loki have the torso print of Loki from the thor film?!?

the latest WM loki figs have a thor film loki and his torso is strikingly similar to Thor 1 Loki!!

While Lego doesn't say it's based on Lokis outfit from Thor 1, just like Red Skull from Avengers tower he is inspired by movie version. 

I have to say I love all these, Zombie Cap, Cap Carter and Falcon Cap are the standout figs for me.

Having not bought many CMF figures before what’s the best way to get a full set in the UK? Are there any reputable sellers of sets? Or is the best way to buy a whole box, which I assume would have at least one of each fig? And if so how do you buy a whole box?

It might be a stretch, but with maybe a different set of legs (or maybe even the same ones) one could repurpose star lord t'challa as

Spoiler

He Who Remains

3 hours ago, Legofania said:

Um, there was. But I was slightly mistaken, his name is Peter Rogers, not Steve

That's still not true at all. There wasn't a Steve Rogers, who was Spider-Man, who also turned out to be Doctor Strange.

It's a completely different character (worth to mention from Earth-616, the main one, which has its own Spider-Man, Doctor Strange and Cap) whose name is Peter Rogers, and who is a "warp between Arachknight and Soldier Supreme, which is in turn a mash-up of Spider-Man, Moon Knight, Captain America and Doctor Strange".

That has literally nothing to do with What If...?, so I don't see your point about including him instead of Zombie Hunter Spidey.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

Very excited for Sam, Tchalla, Spidey, Vision, Wanda, and Loki. Great job LEGO. I realllly wanted to like Sylvie, probably will still pick that one up, but man did they miss her “vibe” in those faces. I’ll try to find an alternate head.

It may have been impossible to predict Croki’s popularity but man did LEGO screw up there. In a year of some good wins for LEGO, that and the non-molded Darksaber are their two most annoying misses to me personally.

I would love to know, if Vidiyo were never launched, would other themes have had more new mold/print opportunities to work with?

LEGO's Instagram story has given us a look at Monica's alternate expression. The head is similar to that of Maria from the SDCC set but it's not reused.

21 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

LEGO's Instagram story has given us a look at Monica's alternate expression. The head is similar to that of Maria from the SDCC set but it's not reused.

Eh, close enough :tongue: Still not paying $400 for that set, especially now that it went from having an exclusive head to just one exclusive facial expression :laugh_hard:

Now that I think about it, a complete reuse wouldn’t have made much sense anyway. They haven’t produced enough of that head in 2019 for it to suddenly reappear in a CMF series two years later

1 hour ago, BaalTheBuilder said:

I realllly wanted to like Sylvie, probably will still pick that one up, but man did they miss her “vibe” in those faces. I’ll try to find an alternate head.

I'm partial to the Erin Gilbert head personally:

3626cpb1627.jpg

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That has literally nothing to do with What If...?, so I don't see your point about including him instead of Zombie Hunter Spidey.

My point is that it'd be better if in What if...? they did him instead of Zombie Hunter Spidey, because obviously he'd be much more interesting character with cooler design.

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That's still not true at all. There wasn't a Steve Rogers, who was Spider-Man, who also turned out to be Doctor Strange.

How is that not true at all? I was only wrong in his name and forgot that he is a mix up with Moon Knight too. 

Edited by Legofania

6 minutes ago, Legofania said:

My point is that it'd be better if in What if...? they did him instead of Zombie Hunter Spidey, because obviously he'd be much more interesting character with cooler design.

How is that not true at all? I was only wrong in his name and forgot that he is a mix up with Moon Knight too. 

I mean the fact that he's not a multiversal version of an existing character, but he's a whole new character from the main universe.

That means that his inclusion wouldn't make ANY sense in What If...?

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I mean the fact that he's not a multiversal version of an existing character, but he's a whole new character from the main universe.

That means that his inclusion wouldn't make ANY sense in What If...?

Well they could change his origin a bit so that him having such powers would make sense. Like, Steve Rogers was Captain America and was bit by spider and then he was in a terrible accident and had to go to the Ancient one and she taught him.