Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

So how would you guys rank the minifigures in this series? For me it's:

1. Captain America (10/10) - probably my favourite minifigure ever, simply perfect; the wings are absolutely incredible, they even have Redwing
  2. Spidey (10/10) - also one of my favourite minifigures ever; perfect minifig based on a perfect Spider-Man suit; love the new head for Tom
  3. Captain Carter (10/10) - also perfect; the details, face and a new hairpiece are fantastic; not a fan of that stud on the Tesseract tho
  4. Zombie Cap (10/10) - perfection again; all of the details are spot-on, amazing detailing and printing
  5. T'Challa Star-Lord (9.5/10) - I just love this minifig so much, from new mould to all the printing
  6. White Vision (9/10) - printing itself is perfect; what doesn't work for me are the golden details, they contrast too much with the cape and the head; no 360 head printing bugs me too (it just looks too incomplete without it); love the accessory
  7. Gamora with Thanos' Blade (9/10) - perfect printing everywhere; not a huge fan of that same hairpiece again, and the blade looks weak
  8. Loki (9/10) - I love this minifigure, especially the face; Throg just doesn't do it for me tho
  9. Bucky (9/10) - minifigure itself is amazing, it's accessories again that don't do it for me (Cap's shield? again?)
  10. Sylvie (8.5/10) - idc what anyone says, it's an awesome minifigure, I don't like her face much tho; baby alligator mould is fantastic, not too Croki tho
  11. Monica (7.5/10) - it's a perfect representation of Monica on-screen, it's just her design and her inclusion in the series which I don't like, such a bland design and an unnecessary choice; helicopter looks bad too
  12. Wanda (6.5/10) - *sigh* why hasn't Lego been able to make a fantastic Wanda minifigure after the 4th time... the face is absolutely terrible, and so is the hairpiece and the hair colour; printing is amazing, but no skirt piece makes it look much weaker; should've had the Darkhold
Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

So how would you guys rank the min figures in this series? For me it's:

1. Wanda
2. Peggy
3. Sam
4. Vision
5. Bucky
6. T'Challa
7. Zombie Cap
8. Loki
9. Sylvie
10. Monica
11. Gamora
12. Spidey

17 minutes ago, Legofania said:

Same about Spidey. I don't like this character and his design is just boring. Would be better if it'd be like Steve Rogers Spider Man with Strange's abilities, like in comics

There was no such things in the comics.

Glad to finally see the whole set, all the figs are pretty well done. 

On the whole, I still personally would have gone for some different characters in some instances, but it's worth it for that Captain America figure alone. Simply beautiful. So glad his wings look as good as they do. 

Cap, Wanda and (probably) Spidey are the ones I'm looking to pick up. 

May also consider getting Monica and Loki at some point (I just like his goofy smile tbh). 

The rest though, good as they are, aren't really of any interest to me. 

So does any else think that head that comes with Spider Supreme is actually Scott Lang and not Peter Parker? Trailer for What if? showed Scott as dismembered head in a jar for zombie episode where Spider Supreme also comes in.

3 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

So does any else think that head that comes with Spider Supreme is actually Scott Lang and not Peter Parker? Trailer for What if? showed Scott as dismembered head in a jar for zombie episode where Spider Supreme also comes in.

I think Spidey is the only one of them that has a full mask that’s a head print, so it’s actually unmasked Spidey. The head works as Scott though.

5 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

I think they would've specifically mentioned that in the description on Shop@Home, after all that's a whole new character. 

Nah, I think it's just Tom.

5 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

the tesseract bricks looks like it has that fine blue glitter in like the new Mysterio dome piece.

Yeah it does, I love it tbh.

When I first heard rumors of this series I had zero interest in it but after seeing them I definitely want some.  May get most if not all because some of the parts will definitely be useful elsewhere especially the different flesh tone heads and new hair molds.  Definitely need Captain Carter. 

It’s Tom. We’ve seen him being unmasked in the trailer. And if they were to included that Scott Lang head they would add the container to differentiate. 

Since everyone is doing rankings, here is mine. I love all the figures in this wave, and it was very hard to come up with a ranking. 

1. Vision
  2. Captain America
  3. Zombie Cap
  4. Gamora
  5. Scarlet Witch
  6. T'Challa
  7. Loki
  8. Sylvie
  9. Spider-Man
  10. Peggy
  11. Monica
  12. Winter Soldier
6 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

It’s Tom. We’ve seen him being unmasked in the trailer. And if they were to included that Scott Lang head they would add the container to differentiate. 

Haha this reminds me of the 2019 Marvel sets where Peter and Scott had the same face print

Edited by hvader

39 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

So how would you guys rank the minifigures in this series? For me it's:

1: SamCap. New wings, a redwing that doesn't look awful, incredible prints all around. Goggles cutting off at the side bothers me but aside from that it's perfect. 10/10

2: PeggyCap. Perfect representation of the character in Lego form. Only second because FalCap has all those new accessories. 10/10

3: Star Panther. New hair, new helmet, plus I love the design of his outfit. It's Star Lord with ten times more style. Facial expression looks a bit off to me though. 9/10

4: White Vision. Despite the highlights being the wrong colour and the expression being not the right fit for the character, it still looks great. 9/10

5: Thanos Gamora. The face is great and the armour looks good too, even if the sword is pretty bad and she could've used something else to bulk her up. 9/10

6: Zombie Cap. Captain America but zombie. It looks pretty good but I have a hard time being too interested in it, not being a fan of Marvel Zombies. It's still pretty cool that we can make a battle damaged SteveCap using the parts. 9/10 regardless.

7: Bucky. Face is bad, the rest looks good. His design isn't really all to interesting though, but that's on Marvel. 8/10

8: Scarlet Witch. The hairpiece is still disappointing and the face is still bad. The rest is a good representation of the character, and I'm so glad it came in a cmf so she actually got duel molded arms. 8/10

9: Spider Supreme. Too many black lines for my taste. Kind of feels like a wasted slot. Still looks alright, and I appreciate the detail. 8/10

10: Loki. Pretty boring fig honestly. At 10 because of the TVA mug and the hilariously silly looking Throg. 7/10

11: Monica. Love the hair, but the rest is pretty boring. Again, that's on Marvel. Arm prints could be useful though. 7/10

12: Sylvie. Croki has no crown, the face looks nothing like her and fails to represent her personality and I feel like her armour doesn't have enough green, I remember there being more in the show. Also something looks off about the hair. 6/10

4 minutes ago, hvader said:

Haha this reminds me of the 2019 Marvel sets where Peter and Scott had the same face print

A thing that should never happen again! Hahaha I love this Marvel theme now more than ever, they put so much effort and I hope it’s not the end of the line, we continue to bring this in 2022 sets! 

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

A thing that should never happen again! Hahaha I love this Marvel theme now more than ever, they put so much effort and I hope it’s not the end of the line, we continue to bring this in 2022 sets! 

I really hope we continue to get better Marvel products

Have we seen Peggy's alt face yet? Holding out hope for the mask.

While I'm on the topic, we have seen both for Loki, Wanda, Bucky, and Sylvie (and Vision, Spidey and Sam don't have for obvious reasons)

So the ones we haven't seen (or I haven't seen at least) are Monica (Unless its a reuse), Peter Parker, Zombie Cap, T'Challa, Gamora, and Peggy. Hopefully they aren't all secondary smiles lol

There seems to be something on the back of Throg's head in the photo of the figures against the blue backdrop without the kid. It looks like a helmet to me.

edit: found a version of the photo which can be shared to EB

71031_alt7.jpg

Edited by SoupOrFishOil

These look good, I will be picking a few up for sure (even though I don't have Disney Plus and have never seen any of the TV shows they go to).

56 minutes ago, SoupOrFishOil said:

There seems to be something on the back of Throg's head in the photo of the figures against the blue backdrop without the kid. It looks like a helmet to me.

YEAH I think you're right - may be a helmet after all

Wow, holy new hairpieces Batman! Has anyone been able to tell conclusively if Tchala's hair piece is new or not? It looks like it is, but possibly the render is just weird.

Interesting how many different reactions and rankings these are getting just here on Eurobricks alone. Most people are ranking Monica pretty low though, and that's one I want quite a lot! That new hairpiece is awesome, and brown female faces are still in quite short supply, so that's high on my list.

I can't really be bothered to rank them all from 1 to 12, but separated into Wants, Maybes, and Don't Wants...

Wants:

Monica (hair piece and head especially)

Tchala (useful parts all around actually)

Loki (love that hair in any colour, fun head, funny Throg)

Falcon (mostly want hairpiece, but the whole figure looks striking and awesome, so bumped out of "maybes")

Maybe:

Sylvie (like the croc but that's it, and care more about mammals than reptiles, so idk)

Spider-Man (it's a really nice Spidey and the head is bonus)

Captain Britain (really just want the hairpiece, so probably will get)

Don't Want:

Gamora (nice but parts not useful to my customising interests),

Zombie Cap (completely unuseful)

Bucky (dull)

Scarlet Witch (hair looks bad and generally uninterested)

Vision (uninterested in the character)

Looks like a pretty solid wave. Falcon Cap is definitely the best of the lot. For a moment I thought Bucky was reusing Poe Dameron's face but its definitely new, just very similar.

Will be interesting to see if any of these parts show up in next year's Infinity Saga sets.

Okay, I guess I'll rank them out of 10 since there are some characters that I don't care about but that have fantastic printing (looking at you, Zombie Cap). 

Captain America (Sam Wilson): 10/10, the best figure in the series for me. He has so much printing that it overwhelms me, but that doesn't make him a bad figure. I love the new wing mold, the new hair mold is awesome even if I don't think it works the best for him, and Redwing looks awesome too. 

Star-Lord (T'Challa): 10/10, a perfect figure. Love the new (?) hair mold, the new helmet mold, and the Chadwick Boseman face print. Only other thing I could possibly ask for is a couple of pieces for the feet to represent the booster rockets but I've got plenty of extra studs and cylinders to do that with. 

Zombie Captain America: 10/10, like I said I don't care for the character but the figure looks pretty much perfect and I really like the new shield print. 

Captain Carter: 9.5/10, this figure is gorgeous and she's one of my most anticipated characters in What If...? The only things holding her back from being a 10 are the potential lack of a mask print and the possibility that her hair is reddish brown in real life and not dark brown. 

Zombie Hunter Spider-Man: 9.5/10, don't love all the black lines on the suit and I wish he had the plastic cape instead, but the printing is good and I like the new Peter Parker face. 

White Vision: 9/10, I like the detailing on him but the gold is overkill and too distracting. I also really hate those one-hole capes because they stick straight out from a figure's neck unless they have a hair piece to hold it down at the back. His accessory is much nicer than I expected! 

Bucky Barnes: 9/10, there's nothing wrong with him but it's just a boring figure. The leg printing is a nice addition but if not for that, this could be a normal minifigure in a set. 

Loki: 8/10, the figure looks good and I love the face print and hair piece. Throg is a disappointment to me since his head is so ridiculously large and lacks the helmet, but I'm looking forward to seeing what his back printing looks like. The TVA mug is a very nice addition that I wasn't expecting. 

Gamora with the Blade of Thanos: 7.5/10, she's got good printing but she doesn't look like the show. There's no heavy chest armor there's no new hair piece, there's not even a good build for the sword let alone a new mold. This is the only figure that really could've used a new mold that didn't get one, either for the hair or sword. 

Monica Rambeau: 6/10, the figure itself is great but she's a useless addition to this series with the worst accessory. A figure like this should not cost the same as a figure like Sam Cap. I didn't expect LEGO to do anything with her legs since her pants were plain black and I love that she got a new hair mold, but she could've used a new mold for the SWORD drone as well since she's so lacking in other areas. 

Sylvie: 6/10, this figure looks nothing like her. The hair is way too flat and close to the head, her face print is absolute garbage, and IMO unprinted legs are unacceptable in a $5 CMF series even when she's got two new molds. She could've had dual molded black and gunmetal gray legs to represent her boots, or even a bit of hip printing to ease the detailed torso into the plain legs. Alligator Loki should've at least had printing for his horns if not a separate Friends accessory-style piece. 

Scarlet Witch: 6/10, the new hair mold is terrible and her face print is also bad. I would've taken a printed crown with the Endgame Final Battle hair over this. I don't know why LEGO struggles so much to make good Scarlet Witch figures when they did it five years ago. Give her a decent face, a cloth skirt, and red powers. No Scarlet Witch minifigure has all three and at this point I doubt they ever will. It shouldn't be difficult to make a better hair mold given what was achieved with Sylvie's hair and Thorin's back in 2014, or even Wonder Woman's in 2012. And it really shouldn't be hard to make a little cloth skirt. 

2 hours ago, jonwil said:

These look good, I will be picking a few up for sure (even though I don't have Disney Plus and have never seen any of the TV shows they go to).

Same here.

My completely subjective thoughts:

Loki's homicidal GF and god-king Croki: 8/10. The figure looks great, and the lack of leg printing isn't that bad either. It is maddening that croki doesn't have his crown, though. for only $5 I might pick her up, as I loved loki.

Star Panther: 7/10. The figure itself is pretty good, but just comes off as star lord with a purple jacket and T'challa's face underneath. Maybe after what if I'll get the appeal.

Administrative Consultant Loki and lepin throg: 6/10. I mean, sure, the printing is good quality, it's a CMF. But he wears that jacket for, like, one episode. They really should have gone with the white shirt, maybe with a dagger scabbard at the back, and given him a dagger instead of a mug. Throg honestly doesn't look like lego to me.

Captain Tea: 9/10. Peggy looks amazing! The printing and new hair are great, and I think her tesseract is the best so far in terms of size, shape, and color. I might get her.

SWORD agent that should have arrested Wanda: 5/10. There were so many other, better options. Only had two loki figs, only two TFATWS figs, but sure, wandavision gets another fig, and not agatha or normal vision but Monica? The figure is aesthetically boring, the accessory isn't interesting, and monica herself wasn't a character I enjoyed in the show. And in The Marvels, she'll hopefully have a superhero costume, so this fig holds no value to me.

Requiem: 7/10. As with T'challa panther, the figure is well-made, but I don't really care about Gamora in Thanos's armor. Again, maybe I'll see it after what if.

Why is the monster hunters line back: 8/10. The only villain in the CMF, and very well-made. Might pick him up for a battle damaged cap purist custom or something.

Spider Slayer: 9/10. Definately an amazing spider-man figure, I'll be picking it up 100% to use the parts for a purist custom Andrew Garfield Spidey.

Captain Barnes: 9/10. Incredible design, and the only other figure I'm certain I'll get. Bucky's one of my favorite characters, and this just makes me sad he never got to be captain. I was really hoping that TFATWS would end in a "team cap" being made, where Sam, Bucky, John, and Sharon all worked together, but anyway...

Uncle Sam Wilson: 7/10. The printing is good, but I don't like the hair, and while I get that the CMF restricts part count, I MUCH prefer brick-built wings. I'm also not a big fan of Falcon Cap

Definately A Criminal Wanda: 7/10. Printing is good, but the face is bad, and the headpiece is poor quality. I guess you could call this the second villain of the CMF.

Apple bought Vision? 6/10: too much grey, weird amounts of gold, vision needed to be monochrome. Plus his accessory makes no sense.

It has been pointed out already. But in this official picture it does appear that Throg has a small helmet moulded just on the back of his head. This makes the mould a lot better for me, even if it looks bad overall.

71031_alt7.jpeg

Weird that the helmet would be hidden in literally all the other official pictures. But it does look like it's there