Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

46 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Just saw someone point out Monica has Maria's head. The same head that exclusive to the SDCC set. If its real, that's both an awesome detail, and good they've made it more public.

Holy smokes, you’re right! *oh2* I’ve been waiting for two years for this to happen! Now I appreciate this series even more :excited:

What's going on with Peggy's hair? It's pretty clearly dark brown in the computer-generated images but in the "lifestyle" shots it's reddish brown. It better be dark brown when the series is released because reddish brown doesn't look anywhere near as good. 

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

His alternate face is really good but I can't wrap my head around how awful Loki's smiling faceprint is. It's like they performed plastic surgery on him to make his smile permanent and he's now forever in a state of agonising pain.

it looks like the guy from the "when the impostor is sus" meme

5 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

What's going on with Peggy's hair? It's pretty clearly dark brown in the computer-generated images but in the "lifestyle" shots it's reddish brown. It better be dark brown when the series is released because reddish brown doesn't look anywhere near as good. 

Really hope the lifestyle photo's are wrong, dark brown looks so much better. 

21 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Huh, that's interesting... it's hard to say now which one is the accurate colour.

Yeah, could be just like life style photo is wrong, Starlord T’Challa’s torso look pale in that picture. Hmmmm. It kinda sux if it’s reddish brown.

Wow, apart from 3 figs it’s pretty good Cmf! Clearly Monica stands out as most basic figure of the series, she clearly should have been replaced by Agatha. Sylvie is ok, but lack of leg prints and no helmet on Aligator Loki is a a huge letdown. And then there’s Gamora, while figure itself is nice, the sword build is terrible! I mean using orc swords like in Sanctuary II set is way better build if they didn’t want to make a new mold.

Remember when certain people were absolutely sure that the Bucky torso leak was fake and basically shunned anyone who said otherwise? lol 

3 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Yeah, could be just like life style photo is wrong, Starlord T’Challa’s torso look pale in that picture. Hmmmm. It kinda sux if it’s reddish brown.

I'd say the renders are more likely to be wrong.

I'm wondering if we can attach Sam's shield on the back of his wings, like in the show

Edited by TobyAis

5 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

I'm wondering if we can attach Sam's shield on the back of his wings, like in the show

Thinking there's probably a stud for redwing, so you could probably attach a clip.

I really hope so too.

1 minute ago, nintendude64 said:

Thinking there's probably a stud for redwing, so you could probably attach a clip.

I really hope so too.

We could probably put this piece on the back, and it would probably look great!
image.png.528ec3653e77395e0021cdbb8a4e51f1.png

9 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

Probably not. There's already a stud for Redwing.

Overall I really like this series, but Sylvie and Monica just don’t feel like they are on the same level of quality as the rest.

With Sylvie, her head and hair feel off. The face looks nothing like Sophia and the hair feels like there is way too much volume. Would have been nice for her to get some leg printing, but that part is not as big of a deal.

And Monica in general wasn’t a good choice, IMO. I like her as a character but her SWORD outfit is just boring and the accessory feels tacked on. IMO she should have been swapped with someone else like Agatha, Classic Loki, Renslayer, or another What If? fig.

Edited by Subnautica

My only gripes are Sylvie's face, the lack of helmet on Alligator Loki and Monica's lame plane build. Otherwise almost perfect set with incredible printing.

Also Bucky should've gotten his notebook instead of another shield.

Edited by doclord

Captain Britain looks like a perfect figure to use to modify regular Cap with boots at least, not sure about arm prints though.

Star-Panther is probably my favorite in the Cmf, finally we get a Chadwick face to give to BP figures, but sadly it’s last time we’re getting it.

Spider Supreme is probably the most detailed figure of the series though and me second favorite here, weird they chose cloth cape here instead of ne plastic piece.

I mentioned this on IG, on a leaked image of the character: White Vision could easily fit in with an updated Unitron theme. I am a Marvel fan, but don't actually express that through my Lego builds. Some characters only have one or two parts that I want, while others I could repurpose (like the aforementioned White Vision) in near completion. This is on par with most other CMFs.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Probably not. There's already a stud for Redwing.

It could be modelled after this piece though: 

What new LEGO® pieces were released in February 2021? | New Elementary:  LEGO® parts, sets and techniques

7 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Captain Britain looks like a perfect figure to use to modify regular Cap with boots at least, not sure about arm prints though.

Star-Panther is probably my favorite in the Cmf, finally we get a Chadwick face to give to BP figures, but sadly it’s last time we’re getting it.

Spider Supreme is probably the most detailed figure of the series though and me second favorite here, weird they chose cloth cape here instead of ne plastic piece.

Carter's arms look like they just got a red line with a few black lines.. could do the trick

And to me, Captain America (Sam) looks like the most detailled fig, printing everywhere with dual-moulded legs AND arms

Decided to do a CMF quality analysis:

• arm printing: 9
  • leg printing: 10
  • side-leg printing: 6
  • arm dual-moulding: 4
  • leg dual-mouling: 6
  • new moulds: 10
  • new moulds usable outside of Marvel: 3 new hairpieces, baby crocodile, new wing piece

I think the quality is truly astonishing, especially considering how Marvel's been treated in the past.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

I'm so much more interested in these figures than I first thought I would be when I heard descriptions! (back then  I was only interested in what sounded like more Fantasy-based figures like Wanda, Lady Loki and Gamora) 

Luckily the Loki series and how good Peggy and Sam's suits are mean that I'm going to get more than half of these, with my must-buys being: 

• Sam Wilson Captain America
  • Captain Britain Peggy Captain 
  • Armoured Gamora 
  • Star-Lord T'Challa
  • Scarlet Witch
  • Sylvie and the Croc
  • Loki and that amazing Throg (which really looks like it would fit the comedic scene of Throg beating up Loki) 

I wouldn't mind eventually picking up Bucky Barnes and Monica Rambeau as well as they both have some great minifigure parts and I like both characters. 

But Spider-Man, Zombie Cap and White Vision do nothing for me, I'm not that interested in those characters or the minifigure parts they come with. 

12 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:
  • side-leg printing: 7

What is the 7th figure with side-leg printing? I only count 6: T'Challa, Peggy, Spidey, Zombie Cap, Sam and Vision.