Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

35 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

In addition to Aquaman mentioned before, the plain shirtless torso on the CMF19 showering guy first appeared in Fun at the Beach.

Ah, okay. I couldn't remember if Aquaman had come a year later or if the set it was in released at the same time.

I still think Peggy will have a new face print though, since reusing the Tonks face in a CMF series would be lazy. Hopefully she has her mask.

As I look upon the picture of all white Vision's prints, I like it more with better lighting. Nice to know all those yellow bits that looked like he'd spilt mom's spaghetti over his sweater are actually gold and work with the design. Some of the golden accents do look a little odd to me though

Also I'm not mad about his head not being a whole print wrapped around, as our regular Vision doesn't have that. Keeps consistency

The CMF series is becoming one of my favorite Lego Marvel products ever. I love every figure that we're seeing so far. Spectral Vision is an amazing figure. I love the gold details on him. 

Now here's an idea. A little off topic. Because I'm talking about 2022. But this year marvel is getting its first advent calendar. And next year marvel is doing it's first holiday special, so I'm going speculate ( and hope) that next year's advent calendar is based off of the GotG holiday special. It could reuse figures from the infinity saga wave ( as advent calendars are never entirely new figs ) and I'd like it to come with Drax, Mantis, maybe Nebula and Starlord's mask cause I've only got the 2 infinity war sets for guardians and I'd like a more complete team. Obviously there are things from the special that we don't know about yet that they could also include. It'd be a logical way to represent the Christmas special and would save regular set slot for the many other MCU projects coming out next year.

As for white vision, he's still not that great looking to me, I'd rather all his parts were white with just a like grey for outlines and such. But it is what it is and I'll still try to get him.

I love Vision even more now, incredible :wub:

On the other hand, I can't help but think that 360° head printing is REALLY missing, especially on Vision and Cap. It's just too noticeable.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I love Vision even more now, incredible :wub:

On the other hand, I can't help but think that 360° head printing is REALLY missing, especially on Vision and Cap. It's just too noticeable.

It would have been nice to finally get a 360° Spider-man head while they had the opportunity.

Loki Concept art has been revealed by one of the concept artists on the show. Meaning Lego will likely have seen that Alligator Loki has a crown during design stages. Hopefully this means we will see it in the CMF.

I know people aren't all that fussed about the SE Avengers, but was talking with a co-worker today about how he'd picked up the Lego superheroes magazine featuring the comic Captain America fig and it inspired me to look up who the freebie is for the next mag - and it's the new War Machine from the helicarrier! 

Which means, hopefully, his price on the second hand market should drop significantly. Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else was interested. 

7 hours ago, SEmrys said:

I know people aren't all that fussed about the SE Avengers, but was talking with a co-worker today about how he'd picked up the Lego superheroes magazine featuring the comic Captain America fig and it inspired me to look up who the freebie is for the next mag - and it's the new War Machine from the helicarrier!  

Which means, hopefully, his price on the second hand market should drop significantly. Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else was interested.  

I always find that the printing on magazine figures is always off. Like it's lower quality or there's noticable fade / errors. Still, if some of the figures from the set drop in price then I'm happy too.

13 hours ago, SEmrys said:

Oh! Yes, I still want that War Machine, thanks for sharing this :sweet: 
I haven't ever seen LEGO magazines with Marvel minifigures in my country (just City, Ninjago and sometimes Batman), but as you said, at least the price on BL might drop.

Regards,
Mitch

Guys, would you guys love it if LEGO would make sets based on the FOX X-Men films? that would be awesome but that's just wishful thinking and very unlikely. 

1 hour ago, EggBoi said:

Guys, would you guys love it if LEGO would make sets based on the FOX X-Men films? 

No. I’d rather wait for the eventual reboot set in the MCU :classic:

1 hour ago, EggBoi said:

Guys, would you guys love it if LEGO would make sets based on the FOX X-Men films? that would be awesome but that's just wishful thinking and very unlikely. 

Honestly? No. 

At this point I'm just waiting for the MCU reboot. I literally forgot all those X-Men movies. There were some great ones, like DoTFP, but it's not like the designs are particularly interesting.

Unless you mean Deadpool or Logan. I'd love sets for those, but they are R rated, so it's a no-no.

2 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

I wouldnt mind more comic book based x men sets.

This 👆🏼 We’ll get MCU versions eventually, but in the meantime I would love to see comic versions especially of weird characters we’ll probably never see in the MCU like Goldballs, Glob Herman, and Toad lol

9 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

I always find that the printing on magazine figures is always off. Like it's lower quality or there's noticable fade / errors. Still, if some of the figures from the set drop in price then I'm happy too.

I personally never found that with any of mine and I've got a few (23 according to brickset), perhaps that a lucky coincidence for me, but I wouldn't have thought they be made in a separate factory or anything, so I think the quality control should be the same as with the sets.

Edited by Agent Kallus

5 hours ago, EggBoi said:

Not me. As much as I like the films the costume designs are among the most boring and unimaginative to ever appear in a superhero film.

I would rather get X-Men sets based off the comics or 90's Animated Series because those versions of the characters are much more visually interesting.

Yeah I sort of agree with you guys. I would like some more X-Men comic sets. It's sad. The X-Men used to be as popular as Spider-Man, while no one gave a damn about the Avengers. These days, kids don't even know who the X-Men are.

But there are also those Jim Lee inspired suits at the end of X-Men Apocalypse and I think the design of those suits will make fantastic minifigures.

34 minutes ago, EggBoi said:

Yeah I sort of agree with you guys. I would like some more X-Men comic sets. It's sad. The X-Men used to be as popular as Spider-Man, while no one gave a damn about the Avengers. These days, kids don't even know who the X-Men are.

But there are also those Jim Lee inspired suits at the end of X-Men Apocalypse and I think the design of those suits will make fantastic minifigures.

Fox killed this franchise after DoTFP.

Sure, Logan and Deadpools did fantastically, but I mean X-Men themselves. It really was a hit or miss thing - the movies were either dope (X-Men, X2, FC, DoTFP, Deadpool, Logan, Deadpool 2) or terrible (TLS, Origins: Wolverine, Apocalypse, TDP, New Mutants). Oh, and there was also Wolverine, which was the only "not too good not too bad" type of movie.

We need MCU to do them proper justice they deserve, and same goes for F4. If they could make GoTG one of the most popular superhero teams imagine what they'll do with those 2.

18 minutes ago, RaichuKing263 said:

Any ideas for different helmets on Taser and Blazer from the Avengers Tower set?

I actually made a YouTube video about this! I used the Iron Patriot and War Machine helmets on them, but I didn't love the little inaccuracies so I just kept the 2020 helmets.

On 7/24/2021 at 9:23 AM, EggBoi said:

Maybe on an anniversary. I hope next year they do a Raimi Spider-Man set.

1 hour ago, Stonks Market said:

Maybe on an anniversary. I hope next year they do a Raimi Spider-Man set.

Okay, even if Tobey Maguire is in the movie enough to grant him being in a NWH set, I'm confident we wont get a Legacy Raimi set.

6 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Okay, even if Tobey Maguire is in the movie enough to grant him being in a NWH set, I'm confident we wont get a Legacy Raimi set.

From the moment he appears on screen he becomes a co-lead, so yeah, that guarantees a set. Same goes for Andrew. And most of the villains.

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

From the moment he appears on screen he becomes a co-lead, so yeah, that guarantees a set. Same goes for Andrew. And most of the villains.

I certainly hope that to be the case, but Lego Marvel has in several instances left out villains and other important charcters. Until we get some leaks I might not hold too high of hopes to get every character we think should be present.