Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Really satisfied with the white vision fig, but I hope he comes with a good accessory. The fig alone seems a bit light for $5, even if the printing is real high quality. Not sure what the accessory could even be though. The guy just sort of showed up right at the end and didn’t do a whole lot outside of his fight with regular vision. Not exactly a ton to work with.

My ranking of the CMF series so far, best to worse:

1. Spider-man
    - Feels detailed but not overly detailed so would fit in with other figures
    - Adapts the Avengers Campus Spider-man so has an appeal beyond just What If
  2. Captain America (Sam Wilson)
    - Feels overly detailed and would look off when displayed or with other characters but works as a standalone figure
    - Not particularly a fan of the suit design and the facial expression does not fit the stoic/annoyed face that the character does, shall wait for a better costume with Captain America 4
  3. Scarlet Witch
    - Design is great, but the torso colour scheme seems off.
    - Face/facial expression does not fit the character
    - Crown piece feels lazy and printing does not seem on par with prior Lego dual molded headwear
  4. Lady Loki
    - Fairly plain looking figure that feels like she could have shown up in a main set as opposed to CMF
    - Face/facial expression don't fit the character
    - Has potential to be redeemed via Croki
  5. White Vision
    - Odd choice of colours that don't really fit the version being portrayed
    - Character has minimal screentime also and if/when they return they will probably featured a different colour scheme

On 7/17/2021 at 3:58 AM, ToaDraco said:

I just mean I find it ironic because people constantly complain about there not being enough detail on figures and then we finally get highly detailed figures and now some people are complaining about too much detail. I can't help but laugh a little lol.

Depends how the detail is done. If he makes other figures look undetailed in comparison then that's also a potential concern. Bucky is also in this series and he might not even get leg printing so it'll look odd with the two together to pose for scenes. Personally probably waiting for his redesign/update with Captain America 4.

Edited by Scarilian

9 hours ago, Metanoios said:

The design language and printing details of minfigs have never been static since the 90s and were always evolving. Furthermore, there were always some figs, that were more "progressive" and more detailed than all the rest until later that sort of detail became common place. The Boba Fett figure in 2003 had detailed arm printing. Until this year almost none of the normal star wars figures had arm printing on that level, but the Star Wars summer wave has 3 regular figs with arm printing. Till 2008 some figures did not have back printing, now almost every figure does. Dual moulded legs and arms were exclusive to cmfs but are now appearing more and more in regular figs. Compare a fig with a smily yellow face and beard from the Fright Knights theme to figures now. 

Lego as a company has to advance and adapt certain production techniques, that are technically feasible, to innovate their product line. If Lego continued to only include the yellow smily face from the 80s in every set till 2021 you would have thousands of the same head, if you were collecting sets and the company would have probably gone bankrupt by now.

Do you own the Silver Centurion by any chance? Or is that also too detailed for a Lego Marvel fig? No Iron Man except this one ever got leg side printing and printed dual molded arms. It goes for a lot of money on Bricklink right now.

Of course there are exceptions, like Sam and Spidey in this case. I find it intriguing to see these diversions from most figures in their Marvel line of products and what justifies them on Lego's behalf.

It's not up to me what's good design and what isn't, in the end that's objective. All I know is I'm buying Sam :)

14 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I was looking forward to a white Vision... not a grey one, but hey I don’t like to complain.

Hopefully the rumoured white cape will even it out a bit

I wonder what accessory he‘ll get, if that bit of information is correct in the first place. Considering some of the other accessories in this series (like Goki), it could almost be anything from the show, regardless of how much sense it makes :laugh: Sparky anyone? :laugh_hard:

White Vision is really good but am I the only one who just.. isn't excited for the minifig.. he just looks dull? Idk?

Am I the only one who feels that White Vision looks more like... dead IW Vision? 

Maybe it's just the lighting, but looking at this picture, he's not white enough. I'll wait for different ones to properly judge him tho.

Thought that White Vision would have a snarl kinda like the picture below, not the same expression as normal Vision. Actually I would've preferred it, he's not as chill as Vision, he looks pissed the whole time he's on screen.

White-Vision.jpg

The lack of light blue in the design is disappointing, but I suppose that will be fixed when he shows up in sets. Still a big fan of the fig, 8.5/10

About the other figs:

FalCaptain America is almost perfect above the waist (lack of side goggle strap notwithstanding) but honestly there's too much going on below, especially on the side. Still an amazing figure, 9/10

Sylvie might as well have appeared in a set with how boring her figure is. If it weren't for the duel molded arms, I'd think she did. And what a terrible face they gave her. 6/10

Both printed arms comic Spider-Man and Homecoming Spider-Man did it better than Dr Strange Spider-Man. The lines make it look weird. Still an 8/10

Wanda is alright. She's not outstanding and the crown is a joke but she's not bad. 7/10

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I wonder what accessory he‘ll get, if that bit of information is correct in the first place. Considering some of the other accessories in this series (like Goki), it could almost be anything from the show, regardless of how much sense it makes :laugh: Sparky anyone? :laugh_hard:

Is he supposed to come with an accessory? 

Depending on the lighting in WV, it seems the light grey/white may actually be his actual colours on-screen

Spoiler

wandavision-episode-9-paul-bettany-white

It turned out better that I thought it would, aside from the lack of blue eyes & forehead piece, I'm happy with him.

Curious to see what accessory they give him. Tiny moulded Ship of Theseus anyone? :laugh:

By the way he looks great. Although he's too grey to be called White Vision, but I guess that's okay

But if he comes with accessory I don't think it'd be something special. Probably power blast

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Am I the only one who feels that White Vision looks more like... dead IW Vision? 

Maybe it's just the lighting, but looking at this picture, he's not white enough. I'll wait for different ones to properly judge him tho.

He also looks like he has a crack on the right (or his left, I guess) side of the face?

Also whats with the yellow shadows?

Edited by PGBQW

30 minutes ago, Legofania said:

By the way he looks great. Although he's too grey to be called White Vision, but I guess that's okay

Not sure why that matters as White Vision isn't his name, just the way most fans differentiate between versions of the character :shrug_oh_well:

24 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

He also looks like he has a crack on the right (or his left, I guess) side of the face?

That could just be a hair or something.

42 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

https://t.co/U1tvZ16XrE

I can't believe a simple face change makes Scarlet Witch look 10 times better than the actual figure... just shows how absolutely awful Lego's face is.

Idk man that sorta makes her look unibrow

24 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Not sure why that matters as White Vision isn't his name, just the way most fans differentiate between versions of the character :shrug_oh_well:

That could just be a hair or something.

I think its silver (or whatever) shiny printing and that it doesnt show on the other side because the lack of light

Not a marvel fan here but just because of the good printing I might want to get almost all figures so far..
Does anyone know how it is possible to get the whole series? Because full boxes usually contain like 3-5 of each figure and that would be a bit too much.

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

Also whats with the yellow shadows?

Parts of his design are in a kind of light beige colour, but looking closely at pictures of him I can't see any yellow/beige shading on his body where the mini figure uses it

Though while looking at photos of him across the MCU wiki, I discovered this from the back of his Marvel Legends figure, and you can certainly see the resemblance to the face of our figure

195217_7.jpg

35 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Vision looks great except it’s really annoying that his eyes and the stone aren’t blue. Kinda throws it off a lot

I think the usual suspect is to blame here: concept art :shrug_oh_well:

15 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I think the usual suspect is to blame here: concept art :shrug_oh_well:

Agreed, it we want an accurate Vision we better hope he comes in a future set.

6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

What is Goki? 

u mean the Loki variant that was an Alligator? 

1 hour ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Agreed, it we want an accurate Vision we better hope he comes in a future set.

4+ set 2022

Just now, BusterNut31 said:

u mean the Loki variant that was an Alligator? 

Yes. It’s not the best nickname in the world, but the only one I‘ve seen so far that somewhat works :laugh: Lokigator sounds silly (more like a misguided Gatorade mascot) and Croki is just plain wrong :tongue:

Okay so hear me out, so had a talk with Promobricks and they confirmed the accesories for WandaVision figs:

Scarlet Witch - comes with the power blast pieces in RED. They specifically said that Wanda’s cape isn’t black. So the leaks isn’t correct but I think some of us already know it. She’ll have dark red cape.

White Vision - a Lego book piece the top part is transparent and inside there’s 1x2 tile. (My own speculation: I’m suspecting it to be the book Wanda uses for the chaos magic, the darkhold.)

Monica Rambeau - the helicopter/drone they did use to lure Wanda - colors are mainly red probably they choose the one that Wanda already transform inside hex.

Some additional information:

-Cloth cape for Spiderman, with Peter’s head 

- Same shield for Bucky.

- No cloth piece for Slyvie.

- Peggy’s tesseract is not the same as the What If? set. More like two 1x1 stick together 

- Gamora’s armor will be printed. No actual mold for armor and be disappointed with dual blade as it consist of lightsaber hilt and two ninjago blades.

All these information from Promobricks, I know you’ll be reading this post guys. Thank you so much and thank you for doing this for the community. :wub::grin_wub:

PS. Cap’s wings is consist of old wings piece (flag element) but printed also red wings will be printed on his back too! 

HOT ISSUE: Croki might not even have the crown and it breaks my heart :sad::damn: