Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

5 hours ago, nintendude64 said:

Holy cow, that's surreal. I designed that last year as a concept! *huh*

Where did you find it? I'd love one with the label. :rofl:

Seeing the name of a polybag you designed as a sticker on a real polybag must indeed be pretty surreal :head_back: 

Still not sure how that happened. Maybe the store owner found your custom, thought it was real, entered the set number and name into their database, and just didn‘t update the entry when the real polybag got revealed :shrug_oh_well:

19 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I'd expect another HP CMF series next year but maybe that won't happen because of this year's D2C

Why do you think this may not happen because of D2C? 

11 minutes ago, Legofania said:

Why do you think this may not happen because of D2C? 

A lot of licensed CMF series have coincided with a D2C set (Simpsons, HP, Disney), which is why people think it’s a prerequisite, which is not really the case. It’s more of a myth actually: There’s no Looney Tunes D2C set, and yet we got a series. Same goes for last year’s DC series or TLBM S2. The Marvel series is specifically based on the Disney+ shows, without any tie-in sets for three of these shows :classic:

Whether there’s a HP S3 has nothing to do with the existence of a D2C set next year (or lack thereof)

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

I remember in a designer interview, the Marvel designers said they often don’t have enough time to design sets for D+ shows. I wonder if this means we should expect most D+ shows to only get the CMF treatment? 

12 minutes ago, hvader said:

I remember in a designer interview, the Marvel designers said they often don’t have enough time to design sets for D+ shows. I wonder if this means we should expect most D+ shows to only get the CMF treatment? 

Or later set treatment 

The Captain Falcon and Spidey minifigs are absolutely great! And so is the What If trailer! But, If I could make one change to this CMF, I would choose Infinity Ultron instead of Star Panther and release an additional set with Star Panther, Yondu and the Collector, as seen on the trailer.

Also, I guess the Advent Calendar set reveal is really close, right? They revealed the SW one last week, and the HP one a while ago.

I'm probably in the minority but at this point the only figures I really want are Wanda, Loki for Throg, Sylvie and mayyyyybe Cap Falcon, that hair looks so ridiculous. White Vision I don't care about, Monica's costume is just straight up boring no matter what Lego does with it, the Caps all seem the same to me but that might change when I watch What If, Spidey Supreme is somehow too detailed, Star Panther also just won't be a visually grabbing figure, unless Warmora has a special sword mold, you can make her with a Thanos legs and torso, and what new can you really do with Bucky. But that's just me. I might still end up trying to collect the whole set simply for fun but ehhhhh. 

New image of the for leaked figures all together in the usual page. Dang Cap really stands out! Side leg prints is insane. 

Four*

On 7/13/2021 at 2:15 AM, PGBQW said:

Yes, surprisingly we can have different opinions. Lol.

I just mean I find it ironic because people constantly complain about there not being enough detail on figures and then we finally get highly detailed figures and now some people are complaining about too much detail. I can't help but laugh a little lol.

2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

New image of the for leaked figures all together in the usual page. Dang Cap really stands out! Side leg prints is insane. 

Four*

Yeah, I like the figure a lot more now probably because of the different angle and the hairpiece being properly aligned. That minifigure is probably the most detailed figure I have seen, it has Every body printing/moulding I can imagine except for wrap around head printing

I didn't know it was possible, but Cap and Spidey look even more incredible now.

I absolutely love Spidey's back printing. We knew about side leg printing, but it's nice to see it (well, not very clearly tbh).

Sam probably I like even more, if that's possible. The hairpiece looks amazing when properly aligned. Side leg printing is just *chef's kiss*.

That Cap really is quite beautiful. The new picture definitely helped. I was previously thinking that the arms could do with more white (it's not inaccurate, but it's kind of an Endgame Captain Marvel situation), but this new picture doesn't make that seem so necessary. 

8 hours ago, BigA_7 said:

Yeah, I like the figure a lot more now probably because of the different angle and the hairpiece being properly aligned. That minifigure is probably the most detailed figure I have seen, it has Every body printing/moulding I can imagine except for wrap around head printing

Has there ever been a spidey minifig with full wrap around the head (or even a marvel one at all)? The only figs I can think of are Lobot and one of the Zane figs

38 minutes ago, Surge said:

Has there ever been a spidey minifig with full wrap around the head (or even a marvel one at all)? The only figs I can think of are Lobot and one of the Zane figs

No.

I wonder what the plan will be for the remaining shows regarding merch. If Hawkeye releases in the autumn and Ms. Marvel around christmas / January, then we can expect She-Hulk in March and Moon Knight following that up probably? I'd imagine the smartest move would be to release it right between shows (so March would be most likely) with merchandise from these shows. Since a CMF seems to be off the table according to some, The best bet would be several coinciding sets?

I do fear for detailing / accuracy tho, these CMF's have been hitting it out of the ballpark with accuracy and design, you'd only wish for characters like Kate, Kamala, Jennifer and Marc to follow suit.

But I'm getting much too far ahead, apologies. These 4 figures look amazing. I wasn't particulairly interested in getting them but now I gotta get some of them!

Edited by kevkipo

Real high quality pictures damn. Nice to see Slyvie’s alternate face and back printing. Cap’s inevitable only face print but yeah it’s fine the fig itself is full pack with crazy details! Spidey side leg prints too!

I love Sylvie as a minifig, but bruh, 2 smiling faces? What is it with Lego and giving female character smile faces only? :hmpf_bad:

Spidey's arms and side-legs look stunning.

Cap is absolutely incredible. I mean, just perfect. The only thing I don't like is how noticeable the discontinued strap around his head is.

6 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I love Sylvie as a minifig, but bruh, 2 smiling faces? What is it with Lego and giving female character smile faces only? :hmpf_bad:

Sam‘s also smiling, and Spidey too, maybe :laugh_hard: They‘re just that happy to be part of the first-ever Marvel CMF series :snicker:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

Okay, I'll admit I was wrong, Cap Sam doesnt look as bad.

However, I dont think he needed dual molded arms, as white printing would've been enough, since its only a small part, but its alright.

Also, maybe its because I'm not used to side leg printing, but it looks so weird to see it on so much detail? Like idk it feels to bussy, but cool I guess?

I'll 100% change the hair, tho. I understand what they were going for, but it doesnt translate very well to minifig form.

ALSO, Sylvie's two faces are nearly identical lmao

Edited by PGBQW

On 7/16/2021 at 3:17 PM, Falconfan1414 said:

Or later set treatment 

Later set treatment would be better, as they'd be allowed to tie it more closely to the plot, like we've seen with the Endgame sets.

Sam and Spidey look great but Sylvie's lower half is honestly awful. I know there's not a whole lot going on on her actual outfit but I hate the way the high amount of detail the figure has just cuts off at the legs. Going off the Marvel Legends figure they could've easily given us black/gunmetal dualmolded legs for the boots to make it look less bland.

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Sam‘s also smiling, and Spidey too, maybe :laugh_hard: They‘re just that happy to be part of the first-ever Marvel CMF series :snicker:

Yeah, but Sam has only one face.

What's the point of a double-sided face if you get 2 nearly identical expressions :grin:

37 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Sam and Spidey look great but Sylvie's lower half is honestly awful. I know there's not a whole lot going on on her actual outfit but I hate the way the high amount of detail the figure has just cuts off at the legs. Going off the Marvel Legends figure they could've easily given us black/gunmetal dualmolded legs for the boots to make it look less bland.

I think that the problem with her minifig is that she's not extremely recognisable? Like the other 3 we've seen so far, like them or not, are instantly recognisable and you know who they're supposed to be. Sylvie's minifig looks so generic it could as well be in a Ninjago set and you wouldnt notice other than her not being yellow.