Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

6 hours ago, Scarilian said:

It's possible. I think next year's Thor L&T would be our best bet. Though it's worth noting that 2022 does seem to be insane in terms of anniversary and Marvel stuff

• 20th anniversary of Spider-Man 1
  • 10th anniversary of Avengers
  • 10th anniversary of TASM 1
  • 10th anniversary of Lego MCU sets
  • 5th anniversary for Homecoming

I think they’ll definitely do something for the tenth anniversary of The Avengers, and Lego Marvel Superheroes in general, possibly another Infinity Saga wave? I don’t think they’ll do anything for those Spider-Man related anniversaries but it would be interesting if they did more No Way Home sets but ”inspired by” the Tobey/Andrew films, like the Homecoming and Far From Home sets we’re getting this year.

6 hours ago, Scarilian said:

I'd expect them to go a bit nuts with sets, and that's not even taking into account that we'll presumably get:

• Spider-man: NWH wave 2
  • Doctor Strange: MoM (Guessing it will have a Wave 1 & 2 also)
  • Thor: L&T
  • Black Panthel: WF
  • The Marvels
  • A tie-in or sets/CMF related to the Disney+ shows

It’s crazy to think of all the minifigures we’ll be getting from those movies/shows. Presumably we’ll be getting new versions of existing characters like Strange, Wanda, Thor, Captain Marvel and an MCU based Ms. Marvel, as well as our first versions of new characters like Lady Thor and America Chavez. I’d also love to get a Kate Bishop minifigure as I love what we’ve seen of her costume, so hopefully we get a Hawkeye set!

As for the CMF series, I’m liking what I’m seeing so far. Wanda looks mostly fantastic and while the lack of new faces bother me, the ones she has here make more sense than the Endgame set at least. Sylvie’s face doesn’t really fit her in my opinion and the hair looks a bit off, but it’s an okay depiction of the character overall. The Spidey minifigure is honestly the best version of the character that Lego has made to date in my eyes. It’s so wonderfully detailed and I’m curious to see if this is a Peter Parker Spider-Man or someone else like Stephen Strange. And the new Sam Wilson Captain America figure looks amazing. While I’m waiting for better pictures to make judgement on the hairpiece, I’m loving the rest of the figure. I’m excited to see the full series in the hopefully-near future.

For all the Europe people out there I want to ask what’s your ranking of the Infinity Saga sets? August is finally drawing near for us US folks and I’m trying to prioritize what sets I should get first.

4 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

For all the Europe people out there I want to ask what’s your ranking of the Infinity Saga sets? August is finally drawing near for us US folks and I’m trying to prioritize what sets I should get first.

1. The Guardians' Ship - the build is simply perfect, the value is incredible, minifigures are great.

2. Iron Monger Mayhem - while oversized, the build makes up with unique techniques, how fantastic it looks, and 3 exclusive minifigures.

3. Bro Thor's New Asgard - amazing display piece and great minifigs.

4. Endgame Final Battle - the builds are great, minifigures are... a mixed bag (Thanos is fantastic, Wanda sucks, Black Panther should be another superhero, Iron Man is a reuse of a minifig I don't like), it's also incredibly overpriced (90€ for 527 pieces).

5. The Infinity Gauntlet - I love the build (I don't know if I should compare sets like this with regular ones tho).

6. Sanctuary II - nice build, I like the minifigs. Not for me, but I really like this set.

7. Dragon Flyer - great build, minifgures aren't good as only Shuri is exclusive (good as a standalone set, but pretty bad as an expansion to Final Battle set).

8. Hydra Face-Off - minifigures are both exclusive, and the builds are actually kinda cool, but saying that, it's still a 4+ set.

5 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

Haven’t purchased any of them yet (and maybe won’t, depending on other sets I may prioritize) but I have a ranking of the sets. 

1. New Asgard: A detailed vignette of an unlikely yet wonderful scene with good and probably exlusive figures. Edges out the Benatar in my books due to the cheaper price; I’m more likely to purchase this one. We rarely get such detailing in a cheap set. (Also, I just love vignettes)

2. Benatar: Imo the best display piece. A wonderful model of the ship with some decent figures. Love the new hair piece for Starlord. Could’ve included more figures though.

3. Infinity Gauntlet: A wonderful display piece. Ranks higher than the playsets purely because I prefer display pieces to playsets. 

The rest of the sets are quite lacklustre for me (due to display value). Endgame final battle has the best figures, whereas Iron Monger is the best build (even though the scale is dreadful).

Edited by thenudeorganist

Zombie Captain America “leaked”, probably fake. It hasn’t been posted by anyone reliable and looks intentionally blurred.

Edited by Anonknee Muss

40 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Yeah that ain't it.

The worst attempt I've seen, just take a fake Cap fig and put a fake zombie head on it.. and voilà!

If they don't start making sets before Loki's S2 we riot, I seriously hope the CMF is a huge success and they start making sets for those series next year.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

6 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

If they don't start making sets before S2 we riot, I seriously hope the CMF is a huge success and they start making sets for those series next year.

We should really just get at least 1 set per show. If they had just put Uatu in the Hydra Stomper set instead of Red Skull I highly doubt anyone would've complained about not getting Tony's Sakaar Hulkbuster.

9 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

We should really just get at least 1 set per show. If they had just put Uatu in the Hydra Stomper set instead of Red Skull I highly doubt anyone would've complained about not getting Tony's Sakaar Hulkbuster.

I can't believe they COULD make Disney+ sets, yet they decide to go with 2 What If...? mechs... and it's not like they are interesting at all - builds aren't good, and except for The Wtacher and accurate Valkyrie, it's just bland repeats or civilians...

All those series deserve more than just 2 minifigs. I love the idea of the CMF, but come on, we literally have a series with like 7 Loki variants and we get only 3 of them?

I also don't imagine them doing another CMF next year, and if we're not gonna get sets for Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, Moon Knight etc...

Let's just say my pitchfork is ready :devil:

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I also don't imagine them doing another CMF next year, and if we're not gonna get sets for Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, Moon Knight etc...

Let's just say my pitchfork is ready :devil:

With Ms Marvel being in The Marvels I would be very surprised if we get anything for her show. 

33 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

With Ms Marvel being in The Marvels I would be very surprised if we get anything for her show. 

I mean this series' target audience is mostly teenagers, so I think a set for this one would actually sell REALLY well.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

If they don't start making sets before S2 we riot, I seriously hope the CMF is a huge success and they start making sets for those series next year.

Personally, I won’t count on Marvel series 2 next year. I mean, why Marvel has another series after Series 1 so soon? I guess you can go ahead rioting with your pitchfork up if they do…:pir-oh3:

2 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Personally, I won’t count on Marvel series 2 next year. I mean, why Marvel has another series after Series 1 so soon? I guess you can go ahead rioting with your pitchfork up if they do…:pir-oh3:

What do you mean?

4 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

What do you mean?

Maybe I misunderstand your post or i merited not good enough. I thought you were talking about CMF Series 2 (S2) would be out next year, which it won’t make sense for Lego to make CMF series right after Seires 1 this year. 

8 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Maybe I misunderstand your post or i merited not good enough. I thought you were talking about CMF Series 2 (S2) would be out next year, which it won’t make sense for Lego to make CMF series right after Seires 1 this year. 

He wasn't talking about the CMF.

10 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Yeah that might've been confusing - I was talking about Loki Season 2, not CMF Series 2.

I was wondering if they'll start releasing sets for Disney+ series before S2 releases.

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yeah that might've been confusing - I was talking about Loki Season 2, not CMF Series 2.

I was wondering if they'll start releasing sets for Disney+ series before S2 releases.

Gotcha! My apologies for misunderstanding.

2 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

This seems likely enough. We don't know if there'll be much of a costumed hero/villain presence for the show, save for Ms Marvel herself.

Hawkeye, She Hulk and Moon Knight really should get some sets though. Hawkeye and She Hulk both feature original Avengers, with a wide range of other desired characters (Kate Bishop, Abomination, rumoured even the Wrecking Crew) that would make for sets guaranteed to sell well. Moon Knight on the other hand could possibly feature some cool Egyptian set pieces that could almost pass for a Pharaoh's Quest set. Or hopefully the Moon Copter

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I can't believe they COULD make Disney+ sets, yet they decide to go with 2 What If...? mechs... and it's not like they are interesting at all - builds aren't good, and except for The Wtacher and accurate Valkyrie, it's just bland repeats or civilians...

Agreed that the lack of sets for D+ shows has been disappointing. The only thing I've wondered is whether all they received were the character designs? It would explain the real focus on mechs, as I guess they're thought of as part of a character's costume / accessories, and maybe this is all that was given to Lego by Marvel? 

How they handle next year (presumably without a CMF) is going to be interesting, although I guess that the shelves will be full of sets for the many, many films -- and possibly 10th anniversary stuff? There's only so many sets that can be designed and released in a year, I guess.