Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

11 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Thsi is truly incredible :wub_drool:

The printing is absolutely fantastic. I love the new shield print. But my my, they ALSO made a new hairpiece?! A new hairpiece for really short male hair was long overdue!

Can't wait to see his wings :moar:

Actually reminded me of the hair they made for the lego games used by sam and blade! So coool

now i can buy multiples and update all my falcons!

glad to get more hair pieces for characters of color!

2 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Especially hairpiece, why didn’t they just use Finns hair like they did with past Falcon minifigures? New piece just looks off.

I also prefer the Finn hairpiece, but I‘ll never complain about new hairpieces being introduced :laugh: It‘s pretty easy to replace it after all

Whoah, Sam Wilson Cap looks amazing! So much detail on his torso and legs :wub: 
Not too fond of the hair, though. Considering how short it is in the source material, I might just leave it altogether.

10 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Whether or not the hair looks slightly weird on this particular figure, it's awesome to get it as a new piece.

Exactly this!

1 hour ago, BusterNut31 said:

Actually reminded me of the hair they made for the lego games used by sam and blade! 

That's it! Thank you! I knew it seemed familiar :grin:

Can't wait for official reveal and of course release of the CMF :excited:

Regards,
Mitch

I find it kinda funny how we have 4 leaked CMF minifigures now, each one representing one of the 4 series.

Well, just 8 to go now :moar:

the quality of the CMF's so far isn't as great as I expected but then again the last CMF's were a bit less intersting anyway.

That Cap figure though is really cool looking. Hairpiece may also look off as it is not aligned evenly. I'm really glad we get some more diverse haircuts! That alone makes the figure desirable.

2 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

the quality of the CMF's so far isn't as great as I expected but then again the last CMF's were a bit less intersting anyway.

What do you mean by "isn't as great as expected?" I'm genuinely curious to hear.

At least (based on Promobricks' descriptions and leaked images) 6 new moulds, 9 arm printing, 7 leg printing, 5 side-leg printing, 5 arm dual-moulding and 5 leg dual-moulding, and that's still incomplete.

11 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

What do you mean by "isn't as great as expected?" I'm genuinely curious to hear.

Indeed. New moulds, dual-moulded AND printed arms and legs, even side-leg prints in some cases. And that’s somehow still not enough? :laugh:

2 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Indeed. New moulds, dual-moulded AND printed arms and legs, even side-leg prints in some cases. And that’s somehow still not enough? :laugh:

Exactly, I just sometimes think that people like to whine no matter what we get.

The level of details is INSANE, some people even complain about overdetailing, yet people still find it in themselves to complain about quality not being as great as they expected...

Oppsie woopsie, I made an oopsie

Edited by PGBQW

Everyone is entitled to their opinions of course and you don’t have to like the minifigs, but I’m pretty curious to hear the arguments here :laugh:

2 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

[…] people saying they dont like when minifigures look too detailed.

What does “too detailed” mean to you? Too many lines? Too fine printing? Too much printing (arms and side-legs)? :classic: 

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

5 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I mean, just because it has a lot of detail it doesnt mean we have to like it?

Like I'm glad you like it, but I do not understand why y'all get so defensive over people saying they dont like when minifigures look too detailed.

Where did I say that?

I was referring to someone saying that "the quality isn't as great as he expected."

2 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

What does “too detailed” mean to you? Too many lines? Too fine printing? Too much printing (arms and side-legs)?

I'd say its not just one of those things, and more like a combination of small things, I guess?

IE: The Spider-Man and Wanda minifigures have a lot of detail, but it doesnt come out as overwhelming.

I think that the Captain America one (granted, we've not seen it on HD, which will definetly make it look way better) has a bit too many lines/fine printing for the sake of having it? Maybe its just me liking things to be kept simple, as I have this same issue with some of the new Non-CMF minifigs from the new Marvel sets

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Where did I say that?

I was referring to someone saying that "the quality isn't as great as he expected."

Nvm, I misread the second part of your message, my bad

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

IE: The Spider-Man and Wanda minifigures have a lot of detail, but it doesnt come out as overwhelming.

I honestly think the Spider-Man looks like it has more detail than the Cap Falcon but to each their own. :shrug_oh_well:

23 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

I honestly think the Spider-Man looks like it has more detail than the Cap Falcon but to each their own. :shrug_oh_well:

I mean, maybe, but that's not what I was trying to say.

Maybe its just the colour scheme, idk, but I dont feel like the Spider-Man minifigure is overcrowded with details, while Falcon has too many... How do I say it? Parts?

Cap falcon seems the "busier" one because he has many tiny parts/details breaking up the dark blue & white, whereas spidey's detailing is just lines to break up the plain blue.

Regardless, I'm happy our first (retail) Falcon Cap minifigure is via a CMF budget that gives him all his detailing, because I'm sure he won't be as detailed the next time he shows up in normal sets.

Speaking of which, considering what they did for this first wave of NWH sets - I wonder if they're going to this from now on with MCU movies, and if it might give us a chance to get a "Inspired from FATWS" set whenever Cap 4 comes out?

33 minutes ago, admiral_typhoon said:

Regardless, I'm happy our first (retail) Falcon Cap minifigure is via a CMF budget that gives him all his detailing, because I'm sure he won't be as detailed the next time he shows up in normal sets.

Captain America 4 won't be until late 2023/2024 at the earliest, I'd expect him to have a new costume by then. Considering that a random Black/Gold Spider-man suit that might not be accurate to the movie got a high level of detail I don't really see why Lego won't be able to do a highly detailed Falcon Cap figure for Captain America 4 when it rolls around.

38 minutes ago, admiral_typhoon said:

Speaking of which, considering what they did for this first wave of NWH sets - I wonder if they're going to this from now on with MCU movies, and if it might give us a chance to get a "Inspired from FATWS" set whenever Cap 4 comes out?

It's possible. I think next year's Thor L&T would be our best bet. Though it's worth noting that 2022 does seem to be insane in terms of anniversary and Marvel stuff

• 20th anniversary of Spider-Man 1
  • 10th anniversary of Avengers
  • 10th anniversary of TASM 1
  • 10th anniversary of Lego MCU sets
  • 5th anniversary for Homecoming

I'd expect them to go a bit nuts with sets, and that's not even taking into account that we'll presumably get:

• Spider-man: NWH wave 2
  • Doctor Strange: MoM (Guessing it will have a Wave 1 & 2 also)
  • Thor: L&T
  • Black Panthel: WF
  • The Marvels
  • A tie-in or sets/CMF related to the Disney+ shows

That fig looked a bit off to me at first but I think that's just the picture itself rather than the figure. After looking at it a bit I quite like it. Was curious to see how they'd do his hair, seeing as half of it is covered by his mask and I think this is a good solution. And as others have said, it'll be a good hairpiece for Blade. 

I hope the wings do the figure justice. But if not I still have the Civil War wing piece. 

7 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

At least (based on Promobricks' descriptions and leaked images) 6 new moulds, 9 arm printing, 7 leg printing, 5 side-leg printing, 5 arm dual-moulding and 5 leg dual-moulding, and that's still incomplete.

you are right - I didn't see the final product and overall the dual molding count shall be high!

Just I feel like the Wanda figure looks pretty bad. The face bugs me mostly! With CMF's at least you always get pretty unique face prints! I even collected not so important ninjago CMF's because they gave me different face prints for characters who's standard head piece I got like 5 times. Wanda's headpiece still looks like it was designed for a different figure.

I am only here for the parts/prints - but the Wanda character and the show actually intrigued me; I wasn't interested in any of the other shows. But ironically I might get most other figures while the Wanda fig doesn't have one interesting part for me and I could still make a better costume fig (in my Lego world at least ; )

7 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I've been saying this for 18 months for CMF in general LOL.

Will Sam get his wings as well or nah? Genuinely curious.

Edited by Anonknee Muss

3 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Captain America 4 won't be until late 2023/2024 at the earliest, I'd expect him to have a new costume by then. Considering that a random Black/Gold Spider-man suit that might not be accurate to the movie got a high level of detail I don't really see why Lego won't be able to do a highly detailed Falcon Cap figure for Captain America 4 when it rolls around.

It's possible. I think next year's Thor L&T would be our best bet. Though it's worth noting that 2022 does seem to be insane in terms of anniversary and Marvel stuff

• 20th anniversary of Spider-Man 1
  • 10th anniversary of Avengers
  • 10th anniversary of TASM 1
  • 10th anniversary of Lego MCU sets
  • 5th anniversary for Homecoming

I'd expect them to go a bit nuts with sets, and that's not even taking into account that we'll presumably get:

• Spider-man: NWH wave 2
  • Doctor Strange: MoM (Guessing it will have a Wave 1 & 2 also)
  • Thor: L&T
  • Black Panthel: WF
  • The Marvels
  • A tie-in or sets/CMF related to the Disney+ shows

Don't forget the possibility of perhaps getting square enix GOTG sets.

Assuming NWH and MOM are the "main" movies, I'd expect them to get the most sets, while the rest get 1-2, at most 3 maybe in some cases (I can see Thor 4 getting 3 sets), and NWH would probably match with SM1 and TASM1 - this means probably at least 10-12 or so sets alone for the movies.

Even if the marvel CMF sells like hotcakes I doubt they'll do a 2nd one next year already, so it'll be interesting to see how they deal with making merch of the D+ sets (anything as long as it's not SDCC exclusives).

2 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

you are right - I didn't see the final product and overall the dual molding count shall be high!

Just I feel like the Wanda figure looks pretty bad. The face bugs me mostly! With CMF's at least you always get pretty unique face prints! I even collected not so important ninjago CMF's because they gave me different face prints for characters who's standard head piece I got like 5 times. Wanda's headpiece still looks like it was designed for a different figure.

I am only here for the parts/prints - but the Wanda character and the show actually intrigued me; I wasn't interested in any of the other shows. But ironically I might get most other figures while the Wanda fig doesn't have one interesting part for me and I could still make a better costume fig (in my Lego world at least ; )

Yeah but that's just one out of 12 and the detail on all of the 4 we've seen looks pretty good.  I think people are interested in your statement because most people complain about how marvel figs get no leg printing, arm printing, dual molding, etc.   A lot of the figs in this series will have these and yet by your statement you are still not satisfied which maybe confusing people to what you are looking for in the figures details.  

I think it's cool that Marvel minifigures are finally getting dual molding and leg printing. A lot of them do need it. But also I don't think that Spider-Man or FalconCap look very good. Even Wanda is a little too much for me though she isn't as bad. Minifigures have very simple geometry and overloading them with a lot of busy lines doesn't work well with it most of the time IMO. It pulls the eye in too many different directions and emphasizes little areas that don't need to be emphasized. LEGO also has a fairly limited color palette so they can't really do a lot in the way of subtle coloring either, so the lines on Spider-Man don't do as much to "break up the blue" for me as they do to make what is a very sleek costume in Avengers Academy a very busy figurine. Brickset had an interview published with Star Wars designers recently which speaks to this a little bit. They are speaking mostly about helmet molds, but it does remind me of the era when Luke went from looking like this to looking like this. The first one looks a lot better to me than the other even though the latter has more detail. But the best one imo is this one which looks like the character but doesn't worry about rendering every detail of Mark Hamill's face. That's a matter of faces more than torsos and legs, but I think that gets the point across that more detail isn't de facto good. It needs to work both as a LEGO minifigure and a representation of the character, not necessarily something which captures every line and scale on a costume...

A lot of the images we have are pretty bad though, so maybe these will grow on me, but I don't know. I'm also just not a fan of the MCU costume designs in general and was in the minority hoping for a comics based series. I'm glad that a lot of other people seem to be getting something that they like at least.

Oh, and I do like Falcon's new hair. The more undercuts we get the more likely we might be to get printing on the side of the head again, like TLNM Zane.

Edited by SoupOrFishOil