Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Possible No Way Home spoilers below:

Hide contents

Do you think the two LEGO Spider-Man sets are actually related to the upcoming Spider-Man film despite the what the box art says? Could it be LEGO's way of "not spoiling" the film?

You mean the sets that are "inspired" by previous movies? 

No, only the Spider-Man suits are from No Way Home. The rest is either from previous movies or just made-up.

56 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Hide contents

Do you think the two LEGO Spider-Man sets are actually related to the upcoming Spider-Man film despite the what the box art says? Could it be LEGO's way of "not spoiling" the film?

I think the two new suits are concept art for Spider-man: No Way Home in a similar way to how they did the Quantum Suits that got altered.

The build of the Sanctum basement/workshop is based off the location we see in the NWH promo images we have - the other builds like the Bug Monster or Drone thing are Lego just wanting to have action in the set.

Mysterio & the Far From Home suit was probably intended anyway. Fans highly requested it and it's likely the new movie will recap the ending of Far From Home anyway so it makes sense for Mysterio anyway.

I feel the Vulture set came about solely because they wanted to get the Black/Gold suit out of the way and thought of the idea of revisiting the prior movies after starting work on the Far From Home inspired set. A lot of people wanted an improved figure for Vulture and with the trailer for Morbius including him chances are they wanted to ensure they had a Vulture figure around.

I don't think Lego knew anything about the new movie at the time other than concept art for the two new suits, Wong, Doctor Strange and the promo pic we had with MJ, Peter and Ned in the Sanctum Basement with a laptop... Either that or they know fully what the movie will have and have spent time working on a potential Wave 2 of sets and wanted to release this mostly spoiler-free wave this year to ensure they had something on sale when Spider-man NWH drops.

6 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Reveal hidden contents

NO ONE, knows the answer to that despite how much of an authority they want to believe they are.

i SPECULATED, similar to what you are thinking that MAYBE they are part of an alternate timeline type thing that we MAY see in NWH but again its anyones guess at this point

5 hours ago, Scarilian said:

I think the two new suits are concept art for Spider-man: No Way Home in a similar way to how they did the Quantum Suits that got altered.

also a very good/possible idea.

Edited by Mattallica

Glad the threads back, as I found this amazing custom work from the latest Loki, which displays what I really hope Throg and Alligator Loki look like in physical form

12 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Reveal hidden contents

I think it's actually possible that at least Spider Man's drone will appear. I don't believe they could just made up almost whole set based on the movie. Not if it's 4+

1 hour ago, Legofania said:

I think it's actually possible that at least Spider Man's drone will appear. I don't believe they could just made up almost whole set based on the movie. Not if it's 4+

They've done so plenty of times in the past with sets like the infamous Mandarin buggy, Killian's speedboat, the Doctor Strange set and nearly all of the original Endgame sets.

2 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

They've done so plenty of times in the past with sets like the infamous Mandarin buggy, Killian's speedboat, the Doctor Strange set and nearly all of the original Endgame sets.

Well, to me it somehow seems that this time it's different. I don't know why and how

1 hour ago, Legofania said:

I have one word for you - Endgame.

Sony is obviously (at this stage at least) still being very secretive about this movie. Obviously they didn't send a lot of concept arts to toy companies - just a few characters (you can see a pattern looking at all revealed toys), and Sanctum Sanctorum.

That means that Lego could make only one set for this movie (seeing as they got only one concept art that could be a build), so they decided to give us the remaining suits (Black & Gold and Upgraded) in sets inspired by previous movies.

Putting that aside, do you really believe Spider-Man would fly a huge black and gold drone in his movie? The answer's pretty obvious I think :laugh_hard:

17 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Glad the threads back, as I found this amazing custom work from the latest Loki, which displays what I really hope Throg and Alligator Loki look like in physical form

Throg will have a printed cape according to the leaks. Which makes me worry for the figure, because if it was going to be a detailed mould then why wouldn't you mould the cape in?

1 hour ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Throg will have a printed cape according to the leaks. Which makes me worry for the figure, because if it was going to be a detailed mould then why wouldn't you mould the cape in?

yeah, im thinking it will be just the regular frog accessory  painted

something like this

frog

4 hours ago, Mattallica said:

something like this

Hahaahaha cute

something like this

Aww no helmet? lol

something like this

Its going to be a new mould, but I wouldnt complain if we got this

5 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Its going to be a new mould, but I wouldnt complain if we got this

oh, was it confirmed to be a new mold?

even if it is i cant imagine it being more than a new frog mold as anything more detailed would be a one time use

Edited by Mattallica

39 minutes ago, Mattallica said:

oh, was it confirmed to be a new mold?

even if it is i cant imagine it being more than a new frog mold as anything more detailed would be a one time use

It's a CMF mould. They have budget to make a single mould that they'll never use again. 

Also, Mjölnir is moulded with Throg, so it's not like they'd ever use it again...

Thsi is truly incredible :wub_drool:

The printing is absolutely fantastic. I love the new shield print. But my my, they ALSO made a new hairpiece?! A new hairpiece for really short male hair was long overdue!

Can't wait to see his wings :moar:

So... That's amazing

Really not sure on that hair though. Looks extremely useful (thinking Blade or Luke Cage), but just kinda looks weird. Might just be because it's our first look though

Something is off about the hair imo, but it will probably look better in person. The rest of the fig looks great, still really curious to see the wings

Edited by Surge

2 minutes ago, Surge said:

Something is off about the hair imo, but it will probably look better in person. The rest of the fig looks great, still really curious to see the wings

Probably because it is not aligned correctly.

@Falconfan1414 once official pics are up, I guess it’s time for a display picture change?

That is one gorgeous figure.

16 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Really not sure on that hair though. Looks extremely useful (thinking Blade or Luke Cage), but just kinda looks weird. Might just be because it's our first look though

It's a pretty bad picture so I'm sure it will look a lot better when we get more and better pics, just like how some people came around to Wanda's hair.

same issue with wanda - fantastic body printing but it gets weird as soon as you get to the head, which I think it's mostly the shape of the top of the goggles, it just looks weird to me.

Also I'm really hoping it's the lighting the pic was taken in, but you can clearly see the white printing on his chest is not matching the white upper arms.