Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

What If...? looks awesome, I'm now much more satisfied with the CMF's figure selection. Just goes to show that the true villain here is the reduced amount of spots, not the characters chosen.

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

A retool of Starlord helmet for the CMF? Should be flatter hair.

It's an altered version of the existing mold yeah. 

6 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

What If...? looks awesome

I'm really pumped they went with the likeness of the actors from the MCU. I know it was probably expected but sometimes it doesn't translate well into animation. I think the animation looks pretty great.

22 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

What If...? looks awesome, I'm now much more satisfied with the CMF's figure selection. Just goes to show that the true villain here is the reduced amount of spots, not the characters chosen.

It's an altered version of the existing mold yeah. 

Hopefully they did T’Challa face printing justice. 

Can't wait to see all the minifigs.

After seeing the trailer I'm much more excited for What If...? CMF minifigs. This one could have really benefited from 16 spots instead of 12.

2 hours ago, TobyAis said:

Funko's 'What If' stuff got either leaked or revealed..
So I'm sure Lego isn't so far behind

https://www.marvel.com/articles/gear/what-if-products-captain-carter-thor-hydra-stomper-watcher

They've already officially revealed both Marvel sets some time ago tho.

Im very excited to see this series and it all looks great, anyone have any guesses for where we could see the figures they left out in the future?

I've just seen Black Widow, great movie.

I just realised how weird it feels that we got a set for this movie over 16 months ago :tongue:

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

are they holding onto the Eternal set reveals till later? Maybe after the first official trailer? They release in October along with Spider-Man No Way Home.

34 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

are they holding onto the Eternal set reveals till later? Maybe after the first official trailer? They release in October along with Spider-Man No Way Home.

I don't think they've officially revealed any merchandise for this movie, we'll probably have to wait until the next trailer.

Some of the products, like Lego and Marvel Legends, leaked ages ago tho.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I don't think they've officially revealed any merchandise for this movie, we'll probably have to wait until the next trailer.

Some of the products, like Lego and Marvel Legends, leaked ages ago tho.

Yes by "they" i meant LEGO so i.e HD pics of the sets etc. Well im hoping the next trailer will happen in September along with the Shang-Chi film, cause its the next marvel movie before spider-man. 

I can't wait for that and to see the Celestials up close!

Alligator Loki has his diadem in all the Funko Pop releases. Meaning hopefully Lego got the same concept art and we'll be getting an acurate one in the CMF (Although I wouldn't put it past them to use this to just make a generic Baby Alligator mould)

Correction: Al-Loki-tor

Edited by Brick Cucumber

1 hour ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Alligator Loki has his diadem in all the Funko Pop releases. Meaning hopefully Lego got the same concept art and we'll be getting an acurate one in the CMF (Although I wouldn't put it past them to use this to just make a generic Baby Alligator mould)

The best of both worlds would be a baby croc with a pinhole or the like for a separate diadem. It'd mean three new moulds for the one CMF bag, but that's not out of the realm of possibility.

6 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Just goes to show that the true villain here is the reduced amount of spots, not the characters chosen.

We had five slots and we went with

1. Captain Carter
  2. Zombie Cap
  3. T'Challa Starlord
  4. Spider-man with a cape
  5. Gamora Thanos

The Multiverse team appears to be:

1. Captain Carter
  2. Killmonger Black Panther
  3. Gamora Thanos
  4. T'Challa Starlord
  5. Party Thor

We have the ability to replicate Killmonger, but no method of replicating Party Thor due to his unique outfit. The lack of Party Thor is as such frustrating. It makes sense to pick Spider-man due to the characters popularity so I understand why he was chosen in the spot made spare by the lack of need for Killmonger.

Only figure I would have liked to get is whoever they are fighting against, which I feel is probably going to be Vision/Ultron, though admittedly perhaps they have a bigger threat in mind :shrug_oh_well:

Regarding Killmonger, he doesn’t look all that different from the figure we already got back in 2018, so I think it’s fine that they left him out. Though an unmasked version would be nice . . and come to think, I can’t think of any wigs that match his dreadlocks.

Definitely missing Infinity Ultron though. 

Edited by Fenghuang0296

Besides Ultron, I think it’s also nice to have Evil Strange, I dunno why but it’s like a cool character representation.

Taneleer Tivan, could also be nice, as an apologize with that SDCC exclusive fig.

I agree, would've loved to get this Ultron and evil Strange. They would've been a better pick than Zombie Cap IMO. I hate zombies to begin with and it seems like all the Avengers are zombified, so getting Cap in a series with 2 other Caps is boring to me and Ultron would've been a more interesting choice.

There are so many characters that I now want...

Party Thor, Zombie Iron Man, Vision-Infinity Stone Ultron and Evil Doctor Strange would be lovely.

I'm also even more disappointed with the sets now. We all know the builds are both mechs, and I hate both of them (well, the Iron Man is mid), but the characters are just so bland - 2 civilians, 1 CMF repeat (different suit), 2 normal MCU characters, and the only unique one, The Watcher. The rest just don't scream What If...? at all.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

So, I’ve got a bit more internet for now, and I went back, but I have a couple questions:

What was on this new set list and was it debunked?

Could one combine the new and old Benatars?

(This one is a wild question) do we think we will get a new Milano from either what if or the upcoming game next year?

Is there anything else I missed? I saw Lady Loki and Spidey, along with the NWH sets and What if sets.

10 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I've just seen Black Widow, great movie.

I just realised how weird it feels that we got a set for this movie over 16 months ago :tongue:

Also just seen Black Widow, didn't like it.

I find it weird that the vehicle they made in the set wasn't even in the film. The VTOL thing Taskmaster actually flies would've made a good set, but I guess it was going to be a helicopter in the concept art?

Glad Red Guardian didn't die, I totally thought he was going to. Gives us a chance to get him again outside the SDCC exclusive set. Maybe that's why they didn't do the same thing they did with Kree suit Captain Marvel with his figure.

[\spoiler]

Edited by ood0

46 minutes ago, ood0 said:

Also just seen Black Widow, didn't like it.

I find it weird that the vehicle they made in the set wasn't even in the film. The VTOL thing Taskmaster actually flies would've made a good set, but I guess it was going to be a helicopter in the concept art?

I think it kinda looked like the helicopter they used in Russia, although it was black and... Taskmaster's.

I agree, weird choice, especially seeing as there were actual vehicles - for example Red Room aircrafts or Taskmaster's tank...

I thought we'd have hit the bottom of the barrel by now with the weekly quarrels about the posting of spoilers but dropping MAJOR spoilers for a brand new movie release on releaseday? REALLY?! 

Dang it man... Thanks for the spoiler 2 days away from watching it. Is there any way to delete a comment???

WARNING, BW spoiler in the thread.

Just now, Leggomyleggo said:

Dang it man... Thanks for the spoiler 2 days away from watching it. Is there any way to delete a comment???

Only the mods can. I guess even just some basic form of respect to other fans who can't immediately go see a movie is something we can no longer count on these days :hmpf:

46 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Only the mods can. I guess even just some basic form of respect to other fans who can't immediately go see a movie is something we can no longer count on these days :hmpf:

looks like the mods came through. Thanks mods!