Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

24 minutes ago, Stonks Market said:

Have you posted the Daredevil one anywhere? I'd love to see it.

no i haven’t posted any of them i can do if you’d like?

I may hate the new Wong face but I think it has purpose... IW face was perfect, new one will be suitable for non other than LUIS!

Besides the spidey sets and Advent Calender we have nothing left for the year correct? Excluding the cmf.

2 hours ago, cosmic said:

Besides the spidey sets and Advent Calender we have nothing left for the year correct? Excluding the cmf.

We've still got the Eternals sets, which I think are an October 1st release as well. 

3 hours ago, cosmic said:

Unless LEGO is suddenly gonna pull something out of their butts, there might be a good chance for a few surprise sets. Who knows.

Edited by EggBoi

On 7/3/2021 at 3:59 PM, nintendude64 said:

Wow, thanks so much. Appreciate the shout out. :blush:

Sometimes I feel like the 4+ sets are excuses the create good figures but put very little effort into the builds and charge a lot for the amount of pieces. No 4 year old is going to care that much about exclusive figs, but a bunch of AFOLs are...

its like what they said about the CMF Star Wars stuff, they have to have some kind of build to justify that its a set and not a character pack. Because that is what that 4+ set is. three great figs and a build.

I think someone at LEGO Marvel has our back by adding upgraded figs to 4+ sets. First Cap and Hydra agent and now spider-man and Mysterio.

On 7/3/2021 at 7:22 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Legs, torso and cape: *perfection*

Head and hair: *absolute garbage*

I don't know how to even rate this minfigure... the details on lower part are so amazing, and the cape works well. But that horrible, two-sided-smile face? And that absolutely awful hairpiece? I dunno tbh...

I feel the same. The hair/crown piece is not the best (not for cmf quality that's for sure)

But the rest of the printing is amazing! 

People keep saying her face is re-used from the endgame set but this head was made for this figure and they used it for the endgame set as well. Her brows match the hair and the expression matches her face after she became the scarlet witch facing off against Agatha Harkness. 

Also its lego so she looks happy I guess.

1 hour ago, BusterNut31 said:

I think someone at LEGO Marvel has our back by adding upgraded figs to 4+ sets. First Cap and Hydra agent and now spider-man and Mysterio.

Which is neat until LEGO figures out they can also put desirable figures exclusively in $40 (or even more expensive) 4+ sets.

3 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

its like what they said about the CMF Star Wars stuff, they have to have some kind of build to justify that its a set and not a character pack. Because that is what that 4+ set is. three great figs and a build.

That's exactly when 4+ sets work.

For example I'd be able to spend 10€ or 20€ if I get amazing figures, even if the builds are crappy. The smaller the 4+ set is, the better are the builds - because the smaller they are, the less noticeable the differences between them and regular ones are.

But if there's like a 50€ 4+ set, then it doesn't work. The builds are bigger, the drop in quality is more noticeable, and the value just isn't there, even if it has some great minifigs.

Apologies if this has been said before, but is it possible that the new plastic Cape of Levitation could also be used for the Steve Rogers Spider-Man in the CMF?

I swear I saw somewhere that version of the character would have a cape and the CMF comes out before the Spider-Man sets so the new cape mold could have been budgeted as part of that 

28 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Apologies if this has been said before, but is it possible that the new plastic Cape of Levitation could also be used for the Steve Rogers Spider-Man in the CMF?

I swear I saw somewhere that version of the character would have a cape and the CMF comes out before the Spider-Man sets so the new cape mold could have been budgeted as part of that 

Pretty sure it's the cloth one we got in 2016 and 2018.

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That's exactly when 4+ sets work.

For example I'd be able to spend 10€ or 20€ if I get amazing figures, even if the builds are crappy. The smaller the 4+ set is, the better are the builds - because the smaller they are, the less noticeable the differences between them and regular ones are.

But if there's like a 50€ 4+ set, then it doesn't work. The builds are bigger, the drop in quality is more noticeable, and the value just isn't there, even if it has some great minifigs.

Completely agree. 4+ sets are a great cheap way to get desirable figures if done right

And honestly if you add a roof to the SUV from the 4+ set you get s pretty nice Lego City vehicle. The black wheels and police lights are a nice touch. Really can’t wait to get that set. Black and red Spidey has been my most wanted figure alongside Stealth Suit Cap.

Marvel legends has a JJ Jameson figure for NO WAY HOME. Will the new face from the daily Bugle be used in the NWH sets early next year?

47 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

Marvel legends has a JJ Jameson figure for NO WAY HOME. Will the new face from the daily Bugle be used in the NWH sets early next year?

I don't think JJJ will even appear in hypothetical 2nd wave of NWH sets...

If LEGO were to make sets based on the upcoming GOTG game, I'd be pleasantly surprised. I would love to get the Drax and Gamora designs for the minifigs. I'm pretty sure they might do Lady Hellbender as a villain minifigure the same way that Avengers did with MODOK but I'm not sure. Time will tell tho and since there's no leaks it might be unlikely. 

8 hours ago, EggBoi said:

If LEGO were to make sets based on the upcoming GOTG game, I'd be pleasantly surprised. I would love to get the Drax and Gamora designs for the minifigs. I'm pretty sure they might do Lady Hellbender as a villain minifigure the same way that Avengers did with MODOK but I'm not sure. Time will tell tho and since there's no leaks it might be unlikely. 

YES YES YES.. That's what I've been saying for weeks xD

5 hours ago, TobyAis said:

YES YES YES.. That's what I've been saying for weeks xD

Hey btw you still have that Silver Centurion minifigure? I'm just asking...

22 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Pretty sure it's the cloth one we got in 2016 and 2018.

I hope so. I am not a fan of the new cape.

Hey there everyone!! So Im trying to plan out a budget and buy list for the next couple months as there are a TON of sets coming out that I want!! Does anyone know release dates, even an approximate, for the Eternals Sets, the Marvel Advent Calendar, or the CMF Series?? Thanks so much for any help!!

3 minutes ago, CowInADenBuilds said:

Hey there everyone!! So Im trying to plan out a budget and buy list for the next couple months as there are a TON of sets coming out that I want!! Does anyone know release dates, even an approximate, for the Eternals Sets, the Marvel Advent Calendar, or the CMF Series?? Thanks so much for any help!!

Eternals should be coming out on October 1st alongside the Spider-Man: No Way Home Sets. The Advent Calendar comes out on September 1st as all AC's do every year and the CMF series was confirmed to be released in September by a catalog, we assume it's the 1st but no specific date has been confirmed so it could be different (though that would be highly irregular).

14 hours ago, EggBoi said:

I could be totally wrong, but I don't think GOTG game sets are super likely. The Avengers game sets were only loosely based on the game (at least from what I've heard, I haven't played it), and I think Lego would have probably done Avenger sets that year regardless of whether the game was coming out. They probably would have just leaned more in the comics-inspired direction had the game not been made. While GOTG sets are possible so far Lego hasn't done any that weren't for the MCU so I'm not sure that now is the time. That said I think it would be nice if they did at least one so people could get the Guardians they haven't recently released.

1 hour ago, Meadius said:

I could be totally wrong, but I don't think GOTG game sets are super likely. The Avengers game sets were only loosely based on the game (at least from what I've heard, I haven't played it), and I think Lego would have probably done Avenger sets that year regardless of whether the game was coming out. They probably would have just leaned more in the comics-inspired direction had the game not been made. While GOTG sets are possible so far Lego hasn't done any that weren't for the MCU so I'm not sure that now is the time. That said I think it would be nice if they did at least one so people could get the Guardians they haven't recently released.

we’d probably get generic guardians sets with mini figures that have the game designs like we did with avengers

1 hour ago, Meadius said:

I mean, I can see then doing maybe 1 set about the guardians?

Like I guess they're fairly popular, but with no movies about them on the cinemas I dont see them being the spotlight.

27 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

How about that new Seinfeld hair mould in black for our CMF Loki?

I can honestly see it