Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

14 minutes ago, Legofania said:

Falconfan posted red cape in his story. I assume he implies at real Wanda's cape, not the one the pics

^

8 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

HEre's the Bricklink link if anyone wants to get one. Personally I think that it might be a better looking cape style

I think I'll just use the red skirt piece she had in CW with the cape.. or just the cape, we'll see

I just got my first D2C/set over $100. Any suggestions of mods I could do to spruce up the daily bugle and make it just that much better? Any figures I should order or additions I should add?

7 minutes ago, RaichuKing263 said:

I just got my first D2C/set over $100. Any suggestions of mods I could do to spruce up the daily bugle and make it just that much better? Any figures I should order or additions I should add?

You could look on Reddit, Youtube.. maybe flickr?... Looking for Lego Daily Bugle mods

1 minute ago, lego_guyon02 said:

The S@H listings for the 3 Spidey sets have just been updated with quite a few new pictures. 

THE MINIFIGS ARE JUST........ SO GORGEOUS!!!!

13 minutes ago, RaichuKing263 said:

stark_brick_industry on instagram did a crazy huge mod but my favorite part was that he removed the window pieces and replaced them with 1x2x5 clear pieces. Such a better/cleaner look. As for figures to add, I saw someone put comic Vulture flying on the roof in a similar way to Firestar and it looked really good. Electro would be awesome too. I love Lego's Shocker so I'd probably have him blowing a hole on the ground floor if I had the set just for fun. Maybe Beetle as an homage to the original?

Also, not a huge fan of the green lobby tiles, I'd probably change those to a more realistic color. All the other floors look good despite being bright though imo.

I can't be the only one who thinks the weird Sanctum creature looks like a Garthim right? The shell, the head, the pincers, the legs..... it all just screams Garthim to me :laugh_hard:

41 minutes ago, RaichuKing263 said:

Brickpics made some really good figures and updated versions of characters on his Instagram. His Eddie Brock and updated Ben Urich look phenomenal!

I just noticed that candelabra piece

Is it new? What an odd thing to introduce in a comics set if so

(But I find the whole thing way too oversized)

Edited by Robert8

5 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I can't be the only one who thinks the weird Sanctum creature looks like a Garthim right? The shell, the head, the pincers, the legs..... it all just screams Garthim to me :laugh_hard:

Why would Spidey and Strange be fighting a weird bug creature? If it's Scorpion then that makes sense but if it's just some random bug creature then that doesn't make any sense.

9 minutes ago, EggBoi said:

Why would Spidey and Strange be fighting a weird bug creature? If it's Scorpion then that makes sense but if it's just some random bug creature then that doesn't make any sense.

Well we did get tentacle monster for 2016 Doctor Strange set so…

12 minutes ago, hvader said:

Well we did get tentacle monster for 2016 Doctor Strange set so…

Oh man remember in the movie, Doctor Strange fought a giant tentacle monster from the portal? Or in Iron Man 3 where Iron Man fought the Mandarin in his Mandarin-Mobile?

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

It's not new, I think it was in some Harry Potter sets

4 hours ago, EggBoi said:

Maybe it came from another dimension/universe 

The candelabra piece was created for Lumiere in the newest Beauty and the Beast set and has then been re-used in a Harry Potter set and now a Spider-Man set.

13 hours ago, TobyAis said:

THE MINIFIGS ARE JUST........ SO GORGEOUS!!!!

I agree! I haven't been this pleased with minifigs since the Infinity Saga and Thor Ragnarok sets.

Is 2021 the best year for LEGO Marvel?

1 hour ago, Hulk_Smash said:

Maybe it came from another dimension/universe 

I hope it isn't scorpion or a drone/minion/henchbot sent by him.

I have nothing against the character but I think that too many characters. Lets not repeat the Spider-Man 3 mistake.

*lego fans look at Wong*

Starts to snow outside.

*Wong puts on jacket*

Lego fans: "What do you think you are doing?!?!?!?!"

Wong: "I'm putting on my jacket. It's snowing and im going to get cold"

Lego fans: "NO! You can't do that! You have to wear asian clothes or we can't recognise you!?!?!. By the way did you grow your hair and change your facial hair??!?!?! HOW DARE YOU!!!"

Wong: "So I can't wear other clothe..."

Lego fans: " ...And another thing, that jacket is yellow, a jacket our Marvel lord and saviour Spider-Man wore ONE TIME! Take. It. Off.

21 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That wouldn't make any sense, I'm sorry.

4+ sets are a good addition to a wave, but Lego doesn't make a whole wave out of 4+ sets - especially something that would include Tobey or Andrew, which would obviously be targeted more towards adults with a lot of nostalgia towards them.

I feel it makes the most sense given the circumstances. If Lego's focus is on figures then 4+ would be the way to go and with recently shown by the 'Spider-man Vs Mysterio Drone Attack' it can be used to deliver brand new figures or updates to figures at a varying price range. That set after all is £17.99. A wave of four £17.99 sets and one slightly more expensive set would work well. It'd be an easy way for them to get out all the villains and Spider-man variants simply and appeal to the widest range of fans as due to the lower complexity of the builds you could target them to younger fans and focus on the figures. It definitely feels like 'Wave 1' was ensuring they got all the stuff they are aware of out of the way, they gave us all three variants and all the main cast (Other than Ned and potentially Aunt May) so chances are they wanted to free themselves up for a bunch of new figures in a potential second wave.

I feel 'nostalgia' would not be the main driving force, Lego could easily just market the set as a 4+ as 'Electro VS Spider-man' and simply have a Raimi or Webb suited Spider-man included as opposed to specifically calling it 'Raimi Spider-man' or 'Webb Spider-man' and people would be motivated to get it because it's a variant Spider-man suit and a villain from the new movie. Also at the time of release chances are people would have seen the new movie or hopefully promotional material (If a trailer drops :tongue:) so they won't be buying solely off nostalgia IF Tobey or Andrew show up in the film, they'll be buying off a new film and the hype surrounding that.

As mentioned also, it's unlikely that IF that list is real, that the 4+ are the only Spider-man sets we are getting, I would not be surprised if all six of these are Spider-man related as we've had remarks implying that we are unlikely to get more Black Widow, Shang Chi or Eternals sets so the most logical option is the Theatrical Marvel set is Spider-man.

• Theatrical Marvel (200 + Parts, $30)
  • Spider Man
  • 4+ Marvel_1 2022
  • 4+ Marvel_2 2022
  • 4+ Marvel_3 2022
  • 4+ Marvel_4 2022

Given the release of Carnage & Venom head/busts I would not be surprised if the listing simply titled 'Spider-man' is a Spider-man head/bust - I'm surprised we have not got one of those already.

22 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

So it turns out the Integrated Suit Funko has some magic going on after all. I really hope we're getting a trailer soon because this really doesn't make any sense.

If Spider-man is getting Doctor Strange as a mentor, chances are that he's taught Spider-man some moves. After all, magic in the MCU is just an extension of science. Personally not a fan of the idea of him learning magic though, especially if he now has magic spiderwebs and a seemingly magic arc reactor ><

2 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

I have nothing against the character but I think that too many characters. Lets not repeat the Spider-Man 3 mistake.

-laughs in rumours-

30 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I feel it makes the most sense given the circumstances. If Lego's focus is on figures then 4+ would be the way to go and with recently shown by the 'Spider-man Vs Mysterio Drone Attack' it can be used to deliver brand new figures or updates to figures at a varying price range. That set after all is £17.99. A wave of four £17.99 sets and one slightly more expensive set would work well. It'd be an easy way for them to get out all the villains and Spider-man variants simply and appeal to the widest range of fans as due to the lower complexity of the builds you could target them to younger fans and focus on the figures. It definitely feels like 'Wave 1' was ensuring they got all the stuff they are aware of out of the way, they gave us all three variants and all the main cast (Other than Ned and potentially Aunt May) so chances are they wanted to free themselves up for a bunch of new figures in a potential second wave.

I feel 'nostalgia' would not be the main driving force, Lego could easily just market the set as a 4+ as 'Electro VS Spider-man' and simply have a Raimi or Webb suited Spider-man included as opposed to specifically calling it 'Raimi Spider-man' or 'Webb Spider-man' and people would be motivated to get it because it's a variant Spider-man suit and a villain from the new movie. Also at the time of release chances are people would have seen the new movie or hopefully promotional material (If a trailer drops :tongue:) so they won't be buying solely off nostalgia IF Tobey or Andrew show up in the film, they'll be buying off a new film and the hype surrounding that.

As mentioned also, it's unlikely that IF that list is real, that the 4+ are the only Spider-man sets we are getting, I would not be surprised if all six of these are Spider-man related as we've had remarks implying that we are unlikely to get more Black Widow, Shang Chi or Eternals sets so the most logical option is the Theatrical Marvel set is Spider-man.

• Theatrical Marvel (200 + Parts, $30)
  • Spider Man
  • 4+ Marvel_1 2022
  • 4+ Marvel_2 2022
  • 4+ Marvel_3 2022
  • 4+ Marvel_4 2022

Well to be honest, first of all, January is too early for spoiler No Way Home sets. They would come out literally 2 weeks after the movie itself, which means they would leak at least 2 weeks before the movie itself.

That alone completely rules out the possibility of those rumoured 4+ sets (no reliable leaker even confirmed that this list is true) being based on No Way Home.

Is the CMF coming out in September or August? Also when do you think we will see more leaks/reveals

8 hours ago, ood0 said:

It's not new, I think it was in some Harry Potter sets

Technically it’s new this year...And yes it’s in Harry Potter sets that are released as of now. 

10 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Yes and no. 

Yes, it’s new.

No, it’s NOT introduced in comics sets. It has been introduced in Harry Potter sets this year. 

13 minutes ago, BigA_7 said:

Is the CMF coming out in September or August? Also when do you think we will see more leaks/reveals

September if I remember correctly. Usually, CMF will be officaly revealed one north before it will be released. So leaks may turn up between now and official reveal, who knows. :) 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

22 minutes ago, BigA_7 said:

September. 

19 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

September if I remember correctly. 

That's dissapointting, since the WHat IF? sets are coming august and so does the show

I wish they would make a set for Falcon And The Winter Soldier. I think that truck battle in the second episode is great for a set. Although I could understand why they wouldn't do a minifigure for Battlestar.

13 minutes ago, BigA_7 said:

That's dissapointting, since the WHat IF? sets are coming august and so does the show

If it starts in August, it means that it will last for around 10 weeks.

Even if it starts on the 1st Wednesday of August, it will end on the 1st Wednesday of October then.

September is a very fitting date it appears.

Just now, EggBoi said:

I wish they would make a set for Falcon And The Winter Soldier. I think that truck battle in the second episode is great for a set. Although I could understand why they wouldn't do a minifigure for Battlestar.

We still need so much from this series! Falcon, Zemo, Captain America, US Agent, Flag Smasher(s)...