Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

10 minutes ago, hvader said:

I think the “inspired by” means certain elements are from those movies. It could be possible that this is Lego’s way of telling us that these characters will be in NWH. Again, if we look at Hasbro, they made figures of characters who turned to dust in their Endgame lineup. To avoid spoiling the film they added a circle that said “inspired by a previous film” 

Agreed, it could mean anything,i mean certain characters and scenes look to be from the movies but some clearly dont look anything like what we have seen, maybe they are just embellished or completely "made up" by Lego or  maybe they are from NWH? no one knows at this point.

The most dissapointing thing to me is that only one of the Spider-man suits has arm printing (and it's not even a canon suit). It's extra annying because arm printing has been a precedent since the first MCU Spidey figure.

Edited by Brick Cucumber

The Funko lineup only includes Spidey, MJ, Ned, and Strange. Looks like the lack of multiverse characters is not just a Lego thing. I don’t even remember the Endgame merchandise being this secretive.

51 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

You don't think they'll be reusing that Dr Strange and /Wong for Multiverse of Madness?

I think they will. Just because he gets a more comic accurate outfit doesn't mean that he'll be wearing it for the whole film, or that Lego will actually bother to include it in sets (Spider-Man in FFH anyone?)

25 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

The most dissapointing thing to me is that only one of the Spider-man suits has arm printing (and it's not even a canon suit). It's extra annying because arm printing has been a precedent since the first MCU Spidey figure.

It could appear in NWH, we don't know yet. And I can forgive the other two variants not having any since a) they don't have too much detail on the arms and b) the red surfer cmf arms exist if it really bothers you that much

27 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

we don't know if it is canon yet, could be a legal work around by branding it as something "inspired by homecoming"

The spider-man sets are really great because of the minifgs, almost all of them have something new and more accurate. Vulture's helmet and torso, Mysterio with the right colors, the 3 spider-man, The body for Dr.Strange it's just so freacking better and accurate, moreso than the previous one, and even Wong as some much color going on. Really good have. 

On a personal note I'm not a fan of the new cape and I think I like the old Mysterio better due the color pattern (it mixes the comic green and the MCU textures / pattern well. One of my favorite owned minifgs), but I'm glad they made a more accurate one.

P.S: Nice way to get a good and cheap Nick Fury with leg printing

Going back to the mediocre Hydra stomper mech set, it seems the renders also have that "new" version of the balljoint cup brick with the extra line in the middle (like we saw with the scrapbuster set), and the IRL pics show the normal version, which is weirder since those bricks never showed up in dark green until now.

What in the heck is that homecoming/no way home set build

Anyways I"ll wait for the second wave (for Tobey and Andrew figs, unconfirmed but I think they will be in the film), even though the new strange intrigues me a little bit

12 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

Anyways I"ll wait for the second wave (for Tobey and Andrew figs, unconfirmed but I think they will be in the film), even though the new strange intrigues me a little bit

We know they'll be in it, even Variety reported on it. What we don't know is whether they'll be a large part or just a cameo, if it's the latter we might not get them. Although someone's probably leaked that by now

Edited by ood0

40 minutes ago, ood0 said:

We know they'll be in it, even Variety reported on it. What we don't know is whether they'll be a large part or just a cameo, if it's the latter we might not get them. Although someone's probably leaked that by now

I highly doubt they’re cameos, so the chances of getting them are high

Well I got a Spider-Man 2 Tobey minifigure off Bricklink earlier this year, so I’m set if we somehow don’t get a new one. :laugh:

The NWH Funko leaks mention a Gold Suit Spider-Man so maybe that’s what the one in the “Homecoming” set is based off of? And they just throw in the Vulture so that they don’t spoil any of the Multiverse villains. I think the build is just made up but it’s still a cool looking one.

So apparently, Funko Pop also has a list of upcoming figures and interestingly the names of the Spidey suits are...

Upgraded suit.. integrated suit and gold suit. 

2 hours ago, hvader said:

The Funko lineup only includes Spidey, MJ, Ned, and Strange. Looks like the lack of multiverse characters is not just a Lego thing. I don’t even remember the Endgame merchandise being this secretive.

Funkos first wave for Endgame was the same as LEGOs before release; quantum suits, basic Captain Marvel and Thanos, followed after release with wave 2 including Rescue and Hulk with Nano Gauntlet, then a later wave 3 with Mjolnir Cap, Fat Thor, accurate CM and bro pad Korg... Ironically very similar to how LEGO did it

On the whole I think these are all really cool but SERIOUSLY LEGO?! We FINALLY get a Stealth Cap and it's Peggy Carter...Gaaah

Lol words cannot describe how happy the new Thor makes me and that Spiderman Sanctum set looks especially cool too. Whatever the significance of the Golden Spidey is, it's still a work of minifigure art! Gorgeous.

5 minutes ago, Bardan_Jusik said:

On the whole I think these are all really cool but SERIOUSLY LEGO?! We FINALLY get a Stealth Cap and it's Peggy Carter...Gaaah

Lol words cannot describe how happy the new Thor makes me and that Spiderman Sanctum set looks especially cool too. Whatever the significance of the Golden Spidey is, it's still a work of minifigure art! Gorgeous.

Theres no minifgure i want m ore than a stealth suit Captain America other than abomination bigfig, they can reuse everynting they have already made for cap all we need is a torso hpw hard is that

Bruh I don't think the Scorpion is a robot or mech like the Rhino, I think he's like a half human/ half scorpion hybrid like the Lizard. That would be the MCUs first animal hybrid character.

Honestly if they actually do make a half human/ half scorpion hybrid, it would be the coolest/ creepiest thing in the MCU.

Also where's my goddamn LEGO Stilt-Man Minifigure!

I was surprised to see we got sets inspired by a movie but not directly on it, I love the build of that Spider Drone, it makes sense in universe and I almost wonder if it will somehow be an alternate flashback scene or animated short for the MCU and we secretly don’t know that in some way it will pop up in the movies? Either way these builds are amazing. These figures are so good. Finally attention to detail for more than just two people in the set. Well, figures lol. 

This cape may be the most beautiful thing I have ever seen Lego produce. I am so obsessed it looks amazing. Wanda’s body print is amazing the torso legs and arms are super accurate and super well made. Not a huge fan of the hair I think the mould is good for the head piece but I wish the hair came down to the torso instead of flowing awkwardly to the side. I also hate this face print its somehow worse than the one for the Endgame Battle? Looking forward to seeing that figure displayed with a different face.

Not gonna say its “a shame” we got no comic figures in the cmf, all I’m going to say is I hope it happens eventually. Disney is certainly getting a third wave. I still have hope for Lego Squirrel Girl. God I want a Lego Squirrel Girl. (Wonder if that Chima tail piece is no longer a mould they have access to….)

Edited by cosmic

6 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Spawn? He's not a Marvel Comic's character unfortunately. In fact he's owned by Todd McFarlane of McFarlane Toys.
Spawn_Render.png

Yeah, that one

Sorry, I thought that was Marvel

19 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Yeah, that one

Sorry, I thought that was Marvel

One of Image Comics biggest characters.

I wonder if LEGO actually learned from Endgame and these "inspired by [insert past movie here]" sets will be how films with barely any concept art will be done in the future.

7 hours ago, strangely said:

I also don't like that MJ is completely recycled pieces, but that's sort of the standard for civilians in this line. Oh well.

Isn't the hair a new color? And the face was originally made for MJ so it makes complete sense they'd reuse it here.

6 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

While I do agree the lack of armprinting is a bit disappointing I much prefer dualmolded legs. Remember how awful Iron Spiders legs were in 2018?

3 hours ago, mgetz said:

Theres no minifgure i want m ore than a stealth suit Captain America other than abomination bigfig, they can reuse everynting they have already made for cap all we need is a torso hpw hard is that

And a shield.

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

I also hate this face print its somehow worse than the one for the Endgame Battle?

How can it be a worse print if it's the exact same? :wink:

22 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

And a shield.

Honestly if Lego doesn't want to print a new shield I'd be fine with it. The elevator scene has him in the stealth suit with the red shield. What I would love though is a new mold to make Cap have a shield on his back. Unlikely but hey, after today's molded Dr. Strange Cloak, we can dream :pir-huzzah1:

1 hour ago, EggBoi said:

I'm pretty sure that's Scorpion in the Sanctum Workshop

Nope, according to description it's giant bug monster

Also, don't know if it was mentioned here, but Spidey's Golden Suit is coming in Funko Pop. Looks like it'll appear in the movie after all (and drone too)