Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

11 minutes ago, Savage Oppress said:

The new Spider-Man sets confirm that the rumors of Tobey and Andrew being in the movie have been debunked :)

Nah, if anything, it leads more credence to those rumors since there’s technically only one No Way Home set in this No Way Home wave. They’re definitely trying to keep this movie under wraps like Avengers Endgame.

The 4+ Far From Home set is a typical 4+ set but the figures are amazing. I’m glad to finally have a Nick Fury figure (well, one that’s not from Captain Marvel) and the new Upgraded Suit Spidey and Mysterio figures are amazing. My only qualm is the lack of arm printing on Spidey, which isn’t a huge deal for me.

The Drone Duel set is very weird. The new Vulture figure and wings look amazing (though this kinda makes me regret getting that original Homecoming set earlier this year, especially because of how much I paid for it…) and while the actual build and Spidey figures look great, they have nothing to do with Homecoming or any of his MCU appearances so far. I’ll still get it, though it’s probably just a thrown together set like the original Endgame ones. It does kinda annoy me that this would have been the Homemade Spider-Man suit and instead we get this random though highly detailed suit instead.

The Sanctum Workshop set really does excite me though, both the figures and the actual build. The build looks like a fun, colorful little playset with plenty of detail. You can see JJJ and Peter Parker on the computer screen as a reference to the end of Far From Home which is neat. All four of the minifigures in this set are amazing as well. While I was hoping that Spidey would keep the Upgraded Suit for most of this movie, this new one with gold accents looks pretty cool! The new Wong figure is pretty nice with some yellow jacket over his sorcerer robes to differentiate him from his Bricktober 2018 outfit. The new Doctor Strange figure with the cape and dare I say that it could be one of my favorite Marvel figures of all time? That new Cloak of Levitation mold is fantastic and reminds me of the Batman ‘89 cape/cowl. It’s much better than just using a normal cloth cape/collar imo. I even really like the new MJ figure with a new(?) torso and is overall a better representation of the character than the Far From Home version. I’m also impressed that three of the four figures in the set have leg printing!

Overall, this is a really stellar wave for one of my most-hyped movies ever! It’s nuts that our first real glimpse at the movie is via the Sanctum set and box art for the wave.

Is that scorpion-like character the actual Scorpion? It’d be kind of cool if he is but he’s most likely part of the same team as portal monster from 2016 Dr. Strange 

7 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

Same!
Also how is it jacking up the price, it's a 20€ set mate xD without the drone, it becomes a minifig pack lol

The Vulture build vs Spider-man could make a nice £12 set in the same size as this year's upcoming Eternal's Aerial attack, but i see your point:)

9 minutes ago, hvader said:

Is that scorpion-like character the actual Scorpion? It’d be kind of cool if he is but he’s most likely part of the same team as portal monster from 2016 Dr. Strange 

I remember when the portal monster led myself and many others to believe Shuma-Gorath was going to appear in the film but it never happened. I think it's more likely now that this creature will actually appear in the film given the detail on the stickers and overall design cues but it's probably a good idea to have scepticism about it's inclusion. I will say it looks a lot like what I expect an MCU version of the Brood to look like so if it ends up not appearing in the movie, I'm going with that headcanon until proven otherwise.

23 minutes ago, RobbieHxC said:

The Vulture build vs Spider-man could make a nice £12 set in the same size as this year's upcoming Eternal's Aerial attack, but i see your point:)

Not really - it would have around 50 pieces. Eternals set has 133 pieces.

Funko Leak provides us an updated look at the What-IF character designs (Probably using the same concept art / direction)
Looks like T'challa's Star-Lord mask will be Silver and gold :pir-love:
Gamora seems to have a different outfit for the Funko than the concept art (Mixture between the Thanos outfit and her jumpsuit).
GOD I wish we were getting this Dr. Strange instead of the Spidey one. Look at how cool it looks!

I can't believe they didn't revealed anything for Lego Con and just dropped the sets randomly, a week after lmao

4 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

The cape looks like it's trying to kill Spidey on the back of the box art :roflmao:

It's easily the best back-of-box picture I've seen in a longtime. I laughed pretty hard when I saw it. :laugh: I love that the cloak of levitation is basically it's own character and it feels like LEGO is acknowledging that by giving it its own inique mold. Sadly it doesn't look like it'll be able to stand on its own but it definitely makes for more fun displays like this. I know some will hate that it's hard plastic(or more potentially rubber given jow it appears to attach to Strange) but if you think about it, it's very pet-like in the films so one could say it's basically a new animal mold :tongue:

The Dark Crystal called, they want their Garthim back! :laugh_hard:

Jokes aside these sets are all great, here are my full thoughts: 
Spider-Man vs Mysterio's Drone Attack
The builds are nothing to write home about but I love the new Upgraded suit and the updated Mysterio. LEGO is killing it with 4+ MCU sets this year and at $20 there's no way in hell I'll pass up on this one! 

Spider-Man's Drone Duel
The figures in this set definitely steal the show: Spidey (in what appears to be a suit inspired by the Uptown Pride/Black Lives Matter suit from Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales) should've really been wearing the Homemade suit we've all been asking for but there's no denying this figure looks fantastic, Vulture is a great update as well! I'm not a huge fan of the build but with a fair amount of useful pieces and 2 amazing figures this set is a steal at $20! 

Spider-Man at the Sanctum Workshop
I always prefer structure/interior sets over vehicles so I'm in love with this set, the amount of detail is just incredible! Despite it being a weird inclusion I kinda dig the "Garthim". All figures in this set are bloody amazing, I wouldn't be upset at all if the Multiverse of Madness set(s) reuse this Doctor Strange figure as I would love to get extra's of his Cloak of Levitation to upgrade the IW fig! 

Overall I'm blown away at how good these sets are, despite not really being based on much of the upcoming movie. The detail on these figures is incredible and while it would've been fantastic to get armprinting on the Upgraded and Red/Black/Gold suits I'm already really gratefull for the dualmolded legs as we all know how the Iron Spider fig turned out! Can't wait to get all 3 of these.

10 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Funko Leak provides us an updated look at the What-IF character designs (Probably using the same concept art / direction)
Looks like T'challa's Star-Lord mask will be Silver and gold :pir-love:
Gamora seems to have a different outfit for the Funko than the concept art (Mixture between the Thanos outfit and her jumpsuit).
GOD I wish we were getting this Dr. Strange instead of the Spidey one. Look at how cool it looks!

Sweet! Yeah it’s safe to assume it will be similar looking. I can’t friggin wait to see T’challa Starlord!!!

6 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Spider-Man at the Sanctum Workshop
I always prefer structure/interior sets over vehicles so I'm in love with this set, the amount of detail is just incredible! Despite it being a weird inclusion I kinda dig the "Garthim". All figures in this set are bloody amazing, I wouldn't be upset at all if the Multiverse of Madness set(s) reuse this Doctor Strange figure as I would love to get extra's of his Cloak of Levitation to upgrade the IW fig! 

In The Multiverse of Madness will actually give him a more comic accurate suit with white details, so I'd expect new torso print (and maybe legs?). The hair, face and cape will definitely stay the same tho.

Got no idea why Anti-Ock Spider-Man is fighting Homecoming Vulture assisted by a drone that looks like it belongs to Cole from Ninjago, but I dig it. Vulture's new wing build is so much better.

If we really are getting a second wave, then every figure in the Sanctum basement will probably not remain exclusive, except maybe Wong's torso. So yeah, I'm skipping it. I don't really care for the build that much. Also, I don't think the monster is Scorpion since it doesn't have a tail.

It's probably going to end up being the case that those other two sets "inspired by" the other films are filler because LEGO wasn't given enough material for the new one. But it would be kind of incredible if they actually are based on the new film, in some kind of multiverse situation, and the "inspired by Homecoming/Far From Home" on the boxes is a straight up lie.

Here's also my full thoughts on those new sets:
Homecoming set -> Really good, will buy
Far From Home set -> Really good, will buy
No Way Home set -> Really really really good, will buy

Thanks for coming to my TED talk!

Ooh new set reveals!
. . LEGO what is this? I’m so disappointed. I thought we were going to have a Fortnite gameplay sticker in Thor’s house! That is not Fortnite, that’s some LEGO game! Not even one that exists, since no game has that version of Korg in it! Ugh. Damnit LEGO you had one job. 

Anyway. Spider-Man. Men. Spider-People? We’ve got three completely new suits? Whoa. Ditko suit, great we all expected that. Iron Ditko suit? That’s weird but cool. And . . uh . . the black and gold Spider-Man looks awesome but . . is it a LEGO original design? I don’t remember ever seeing anything like it. What’s it from? As for the sets, the Sanctum Workshop is a bit of a mess but has some nice builds nonetheless. I’ll use the furniture to spruce up my modified 2018 Sanctum. Plus, Wong. Finally. I couldn’t get the Bricktober back and it’ll be great to finally have Wong. And that new Cloak is gorgeous!

The Vulture set looks great, even if that drone is ridiculous and destined to be dismantled. And 4+ Mysterio set? Well, it’s cute and has nice figures but it’s a fairly low priority, if the same Spidey Minifigure comes in a Wave 2 No Way Home set then I won’t feel bad about skipping it. 

Question: With the set inspired by Homecoming, does that mean the golden Spider-Man is only a concept suit that Lego included in the set for funsies, or is there a chance we’ll see that suit in FFH?

1 hour ago, Borex said:

That black-golden spider-man looks like a spidey with a wakandan suit or something, maybe people can use the arms and legs (although there is some webbing pattern on it) for a more detailed Erik Killmonger?

I will try to put them on my Iron Man MK41 "Bones" suit. I think that they could look nice.

Just a weird thought: But with all the Spider=themes stuff in that cave build at the back of the sanctum, I wonder if they will be exploring the idea of Spider-Totems (The Mystical force connecting Spider-men to the web of life) in this movie to set up a Spider-verse plotline

New sets are tempting, I really want the spider-men of each set and doctor strange. 4+ FFH set is great for a 4+ set, giving the fixed spidey and mysterio from those films. The drone set is the most confusing. It claims to be inspired by homecoming...but the only aspect there is vulture. Add in the massive golden drone and the anti-ock suit, complete with arm printing... call me crazy but I think they're hiding something and this is partially based off no way home. (I mean, the drone is probably just random but there's no way they'd make a random gold suit for the homecoming set when they could have re-used the homecoming spidey.) I think that's the "Gold suit" from the leaked funko list and the one in the sanctum set is the "integrated suit" in that the iron spider is integrated into the suit. 

3 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

New sets are tempting, I really want the spider-men of each set and doctor strange. 4+ FFH set is great for a 4+ set, giving the fixed spidey and mysterio from those films. The drone set is the most confusing. It claims to be inspired by homecoming...but the only aspect there is vulture. Add in the massive golden drone and the anti-ock suit, complete with arm printing... call me crazy but I think they're hiding something and this is partially based off no way home. (I mean, the drone is probably just random but there's no way they'd make a random gold suit for the homecoming set when they could have re-used the homecoming spidey.) I think that's the "Gold suit" from the leaked funko list and the one in the sanctum set is the "integrated suit" in that the iron spider is integrated into the suit. 

im thinking the "inspired by" sets are because spidey re-visits scenes, from the other movies, in NWH like the avengers did in end game  or the opening of Loki

Pretty cool sets. As everyone's said, the figures are amazing. I really like that new Spider-Man head with the tinted lenses. 

Also, I don't know what it is about the MCU Spider-Man figs, but their dual moulded legs/boots look so much less plain than the comic variants, despite the fact neither have web printing. 

For that reason, I may have to get that FFH suit to replace comic Spidey on my Bugle. Vulture too, such a great update. 

Also wondering if that monster is Scorpion. Maybe Gargan gets transformed by something in the Sanctum? Between the pincers and the colour scheme, it seems like too much of a coincidence to be a random Lego creation (although it almost certainly is just that). 

1 minute ago, Mattallica said:

im thinking the "inspired by" sets are because spidey re-visits scenes, from the other movies, in NWH like the avengers did in end game  or the opening of Loki

I don't think so.

The 4+ set is "inspired by Far From Home" yet it's just a FFH set.

Inspired part basically means that Marvel didn't give Lego enough NWH material, so they had to make up new sets for there to be a wave.

31 minutes ago, PicnicBasketSam said:

It's probably going to end up being the case that those other two sets "inspired by" the other films are filler because LEGO wasn't given enough material for the new one. But it would be kind of incredible if they actually are based on the new film, in some kind of multiverse situation, and the "inspired by Homecoming/Far From Home" on the boxes is a straight up lie.

Nah, it's the first one.

7 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

For me it makes no sense to make sets with the big No Way Home logo and then add a sticker saying it's actually "inspired" by a previous movie.. it's weird, either they had no clue what to put in NWH sets and did those "inspired" sets or it's a straight up lie

35 minutes ago, ood0 said:

Got no idea why Anti-Ock Spider-Man is fighting Homecoming Vulture assisted by a drone that looks like it belongs to Cole from Ninjago, but I dig it. Vulture's new wing build is so much better.

If we really are getting a second wave, then every figure in the Sanctum basement will probably not remain exclusive, except maybe Wong's torso. So yeah, I'm skipping it. I don't really care for the build that much. Also, I don't think the monster is Scorpion since it doesn't have a tail.

You're so wrong.

The only figure that actually has a chance of appearing again is the SS Spider-Man. The others will remain exclusive.

Just now, TobyAis said:

For me it makes no sense to make sets with the big No Way Home logo and then add a sticker saying it's actually "inspired" by a previous movie.. it's weird, either they had no clue what to put in NWH sets and did those "inspired" sets or it's a straight up lie

They obviously had no clue, because if they did, today we'd be talking about sets with Tobey, Electro etc.